Top ten things you dont want to hear yor Cleric say

Options

Comments

• Vash - Dreamweaver
    Vash - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    "Wait.. Now I'm confused! And when I get comfused, I get frustrated! And when i get frustrated I b:cry"

failure1.jpg
    Vash - The Humanoid Typhoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Necro'd

failure1.jpg

Is that some sort of inside joke? Not the dvd rewinder thing - the necro part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Vash - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm....sure. Sure thing Brother Nemo.

Google it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm....sure. Sure thing Brother Nemo.

Google it.

I'm well aware of what a necro is - just fail to see the relevance in this thread is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Vash - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm well aware of what a necro is - just fail to see the relevance in this thread is all.

Me neither. But it looked good.

There, I changed it, just for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    5. "No, I levelled Blessing of the Purehearted instead...why?" [andracil]

THIS. I had to play the barb one time when I was lower levelled, on the ..snake boss near misfortune (forgot his name)
    Since he kept sleeping me; my pet would get wiped. I thought; well I can tank if he keeps ironheart on me.

I died not more than a minute in when he used blessing of the pure hearted instead of ironheart. That's what he told me afterwards. -_-;

Another I hate to hear is "Oh, I thought you were the tank....."
    or...
    "I can tank!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorpius - Lost City
    Scorpius - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a lvl64 cleric, on my first time on a HH60 run, with a 6x veno, 8x bm, 2 6x bms and a 8x cler.... findin out that this 8x cler had no clue about the location of bosses, mobs AND no BB O.o

first thing he did: after following me, and droppin off the ledge near the 1st mini-boss (that big scorpion)
    him: 'where is everyone?'
    me: still on the ledge
    him: ok *runs past the boss up the ramp, aggroing boss and the 2 skeleton mobs up on the ledge*
    meanwhile everyone else had dropped off the ledge, and had to run ater him to pull aggro away -____-

at 1st boss: (lol i never remember their names, i call him Big Chin o.o)
    squad healing, even tho the HERC has tanking =_=

when the veno messed up a pull, and pulled about 5 mobs:
    started squad healing, pullin all the mobs the bms didnt get to in time, he died of course (i wasnt gonna risk healing him, lol)

and at drummer boy boss, finally finding out that he was BB-less, at lvl8x... i think theres little excuse for not gettin it, if you're planning on being support... it doesnt cost that much and its only 1 lvl O.o; he had RB tho, i guess he thought that was okb:chuckle
    oh and it just annoyed me that he kept using pty heals instead of just ironheart or sumthing....

ah, and also... support clerics who believe that their main task in a fb/hh pty is to DD, then get mad because they always have to res and rebuff >.>
    or supports who constantly atk mobs no-one else is atking, pullin aggro and goin crazy because they got 2hit when the mob turned on them =/

On a different game... full pty wipes because the tank rounds up mobs, uses the correct aggro skill, which SHOULD be the cleric's cue to start healing, but somehow they 'fail' to notice this quite distinguishing aggro animation, and dont heal.... all the DDs in pty see the skill, start atking, and when the tank dies from lack of heals, the mobs pwn all the squishy DDs and everyone is left looking at a confused cleric >_>
    this happened to me more than once (i had both a mage and a tank char) even after specifically showing the cler/DDs what the aggro skill looked like T_T
  • Zanira - Sanctuary
    Zanira - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I always like this one

Cleric: You got charm right?
    Barb: Ye y?
    Cleric: Ok, let me debuff and tempest
    Cleric: Aww no crit, ok again let me get sparks
    Barb: My Charm is ticking..
    Cleric: its ok u have charm u wont die...

OR..

In the middle of a boss fight, the boss starts aoe'ing and cleric says on vent yelling "OMG what do i do" That rly makes u feel safe Lol
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i get this one all the time in rb... 'kimi can you heal the barb i gotta repair' during boss battle lol its not critical but im ghetto cleric in there b:chuckle
  • Kimicat - Sanctuary
    Kimicat - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    heres another one i thought of.... there was a girl in my old faction who said she was a battle cleric and would hardly ever heal T_T its like ok then why dont u be a barb or somthing XD
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    29 whole pages of this thread just cleric-bashing, hmm? I'm telling you, non-clerics, you're not making any friends here.

Most of you have got it all wrong in your little heads and that is that a cleric is everyone else's slave. Tsk tsk...

I will just suggest to you: build your own cleric and see how you fare. See how you like it when you go half-way across the map to rez someone just so they tell you when you get there that they found someone else to rez them and forgot to let you know.

See how you fare when you're trying to buff and heal everyone around you and they treat you like ****, not even bothering a "thank you" or even acknowledging the fact that your neck's been saved.

This game is for everyone's enjoyment, and absolutely no class was meant to be anyone else's slave. If a person wishes to build a cleric that is not a primary healer, that's their own business and every other class should have at least the decency to inquire/request a cleric's build before inviting them to their squad.

Feeding this thread with your stupid comments will only alienate further the cleric class against you, in other words, you are doing yourself a great disservice with this thread.

As a Full Attack Cleric, I personally, always carried -- and still do -- guardian angels, charms, pots and orbs, so that I can take care of myself in every situation. I think that every responsible player should do the same. Of course, it is my privilege to heal and buff myself and others, as well as rez SQUAD MEMBERS and I do but I don't see any contract between me and utterly alien characters to do them the favour just so they would "like me".

I don't have a BB for the simple reason that I've been in too many situations where the main tanker would curse me whenever their own charm was ticking, not only in FBs or TTs but in fighting other bosses as well, where there is limited drops. They never have consideration for my own MP charm that is ticking way more rapidly than their HP ones. I do have an RB tho, and use it whenever it proves efficient.

There is a learning curve for every character that we build and this applies to every class. We can't get into the game and pretend we know everything, because in PWI, class builds can be very complex. We all have a right to err but strangely, you have chosen to take that right away from the clerics.... hmmm, in the long (and short) run, it will prove to be your bad.

You know what? The longer this thread grows, the harder our position will be against all other classes because they are too stupid and irresponsible to get their own protection (dolls & pots), and because in their stupid logic, keep thinking that clerics are their slaves.

Whether you want to admit it or not, clerics can pull, DD and kill like any other class and even solo most of their quests: why then would we submit to your infantile tantrums? Just to keep you happy? Do you think we play this game, and invest in it just to clean up your sorry behinds? Get real and learn to respect all classes.

I can't wait for a thread reading "Top ten things you don't want to hear you (fill blank with any other class than cleric) say".

See you in game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I can't wait for a thread reading "Top ten things you don't want to hear you (fill blank with any other class than cleric) say".

See you in game.

You should start one, seriously, I can guarantee every class has their epic-fail mess ups b:laugh Sometimes people like to bash clerics because they failed themselves and like to take it out on someone else to try cover it up.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well reading some posts again... I can make it out that... A cleric is the hardest class to play. Since there are so many things we could fail doing or trying.

*On tougher bosses I miss one IH stacking or purify (because of latency, lag or lack of reaction-speed), tank dies (or charm ticks and he leaves the party and we get wiped).
    *Both clerics of the party start accidentally rezzing a dead member - tank dies (or charm ticks and he leaves the party and we get wiped).
    At higher-level Lord of Percussion or at Dimetora both BB's are in sync - Anyone with pretty low HP gets wiped (or someone's charm ticks and he leaves the party and we get wiped).
    *The barb has missed aggro on one (or some) of the group of mobs and his health is going down which makes me automatically want to heal. Otherwise he's dead meat. But then... I'm dead meat.

Here's a common scenario:
    Killing a boss. Archer pulls agro.
    I get a surge and miss all the shortcuts, wanting to stack him, but firstly casting (accidentally) a heal on myself (or the previous tank again), then on the veno (why not), then the archer dies, then both clerics happen to start rezzing, then both stop, then both start, then both finish the spell, then someone else has already died... an endless circle :)

We have a lot to do and worry about, so please go easy on us.

What else I would like to point out AGAIN, as someone has said in this or some other thread... Clerics are the most unluckiest and poorest class (not much drops, not much coin (unless you deal with real money a lot)) - adding to this they are expected to waste the most money of the classes (charms, pots, rez-scrolls, GA's, we have repair bills too, actually, and at higher levels we need good armor as well (to provide you all the support you need in safe and adwquate manners) just so that the other people wouldn't lose their coin, their charms, their EXP.
    We are the slowest runners, yet we are the ones who are supposed to run around the most (go to town from the end of the dungeon maybe and run back to rez everyone - that'd be cool in fb51, because the mobs will have respawned by that time too - and these, I tell you, are good at killing us :)).

Clerics should be there to help killing a boss when necessary, not to help prevent your charm from ticking.

When comes the time we really show what we feel and become as selfish as all the other classes (or regular kids) are.

But yeah, I'm not telling that there aren't people playing clerics who really are dumb... Still I dont see why can't a Cleric be equal to a wizz in case he/she would want it. Would make the same case DD imho. I wouldn't say they are pointless (but then they are AS pointless as wizzards (unless level 100 or something :)).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You should start one, seriously, I can guarantee every class has their epic-fail mess ups b:laugh Sometimes people like to bash clerics because they failed themselves and like to take it out on someone else to try cover it up.

Very appropriate remark, I had the same feeling too.

The important thing to remember for everyone -- not only for clerics -- is to play intelligently and responsibly while enjoying ourselves. In our faction, for instance, most clerics are going full MAG and whenever 3 of us are in TT or FB, we play by ear, meaning we heal as tanks and DDs take damage, we stun/DD whenever it's safe for everyone and most importantly, we make sure that everyone is buffed properly. That's the best way to avoid drama and multi-rez.

I think the main reason why other class like to bash clerics is in regards with the item distribution scale system: 1st to tabber/subber, 2nd to tank, 3rd to healer and the rest to the DDers. So the DDers kind of demand that we outdo ourselves not as clerics but as healers in order to "deserve" that 3rd place in loot distribution.

We do encounter high repair bills as well. Just last night after a justice quest, my repair bill amounted to 13K: compared to a veno's, that's pretty high.

Speaking of other classes, I could address a lot of issues regarding some of those ignorant herc handlers who have no idea of "pulling", therefore making it more dangerous to squads than any decent cleric can ever be accused of. But to start a thread would be utterly useless, the only advice I would give them would be to read one of the excellent veno guides in this forum, and try to play intelligently, not greedily.

Eremedy wrote:
    What else I would like to point out AGAIN, as someone has said in this or some other thread... Clerics are the most unluckiest and poorest class (not much drops, not much coin (unless you deal with real money a lot)) - adding to this they are expected to waste the most money of the classes (charms, pots, rez-scrolls, GA's, we have repair bills too, actually, and at higher levels we need good armor as well (to provide you all the support you need in safe and adwquate manners) just so that the other people wouldn't lose their coin, their charms, their EXP.

I totally agree with you. Have you noticed that whenever a cleric has quests to fill, she gets totally ignored from other classes? We have to fill our TT/FB/FF quests whenever we squad with others for their own purposes, hoping that our own quest will get done in the same run.

Eremedy added:
    We are the slowest runners, yet we are the ones who are supposed to run around the most (go to town from the end of the dungeon maybe and run back to rez everyone - that'd be cool in fb51, because the mobs will have respawned by that time too - and these, I tell you, are good at killing us :)).

Yep, but who cares... they don't. For all these reasons, I sincerely think we, free-thinking clerics, should unite and form our own special faction and show everyone else that we can survive without them, that we can seriously kick b.u.t.t.s and best of all, that we can outdo them in any PvP encounter. Let's see how they fare without "slave-healers", when they have to build their own but can't bring it any higher than level 42 for lack of patience and intelligence.

That'd teach them, hehe

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • RysanaSerryn - Heavens Tear
    RysanaSerryn - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This thread wasn't made to bash clerics, it was made for the funny! If you want to see funny things that a barb, or bm, ar any other class says make it and you'll get the same results! I thought they were all comical and entertaining, which after all, was the point =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To ExELFine

It is not great idea to be a FAC amd we need help from other classes to do FB and why.I would lighten up on what you said in your post.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    To ExELFine

Turquoise is MINEZ >;0............on another note i cant tell if this is th same color lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    there was threads already about others classes, but i guess they died
  • CatShadow - Lost City
    CatShadow - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually, I never had it happen before that, so I don't know if it's different on PvP.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Someone make a "Top ten things you don't want to hear your tank say" thread b:laugh

Another thing that really needs to be pointed out. You are not invincible with a cleric. And you'd be surprised how many people just don't get this. With buffs and heals they think they're level 150 or something O_o You see them, normally pecking nervously at single mobs and hiding from anything dangerous suddenly charging into 50 agros and flying in to tank world bosses. And when they die the cleric get's the "wtf" treatment.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Someone make a "Top ten things you don't want to hear your tank say" thread b:laugh

Another thing that really needs to be pointed out. You are not invincible with a cleric. And you'd be surprised how many people just don't get this. With buffs and heals they think they're level 150 or something O_o You see them, normally pecking nervously at single mobs and hiding from anything dangerous suddenly charging into 50 agros and flying in to tank world bosses. And when they die the cleric get's the "wtf" treatment.

Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myelene#1434
    myelene#1434 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes theres a lot you dont want to hear from your tank either
    i got like b:shocked when the tank asked me -keep aggro?? whats aggro??- and my fav lately to say is REZ lvl 1 FTW!!!
    or the classic -wait- when they rush into a boss and i am not ready. ppl ask the clerics if they are ready before rush into a boss and remember we are the slowest class in PWI
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

level 42 BM (golden bell as only buff) **** level 56 cleric (full cleric buffs) FTW! b:victory

yes, i'm that BM, and yes, that cleric was chill as hell... i asked him if he'd go pk with me, he said sure, and when i **** him we went on 3 fb19s right after, had a great time too b:pleased

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • ArcAzrael - Sanctuary
    ArcAzrael - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    oh heres a good one,A quote from my lovely cleric-wifeb:victory

*as she runs towards a group of mobs*"LEEROY JENKINS!" *then starts casting tempest* b:cute
  • chelseacraft
    chelseacraft Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    29 whole pages of this thread just cleric-bashing, hmm? I'm telling you, non-clerics, you're not making any friends here.

Most of you have got it all wrong in your little heads and that is that a cleric is everyone else's slave. Tsk tsk...

I will just suggest to you: build your own cleric and see how you fare. See how you like it when you go half-way across the map to rez someone just so they tell you when you get there that they found someone else to rez them and forgot to let you know.........cont'd.

See you in game.

Being a cleric is a CHOICE no one forced anyone into.

Try being a Veno... we're openly bashed in chat & even in squads... and very few people understand what pulling is it seems. In Etherblade on 2 occassions I heard loud put downs of venos where a lot of people joined in to bash. I've seen people say "veno trash" on WC. Worst of all everyone thinks we constantly need saving because our sweet little pet can't kill something when we easily CAN kill it just takes a bit longer for pets sometimes. Few people understand if our pet dies we have another in our bag to pull out. Lots of KSing the venos out there because we send our pets to kill & they say they didnt see us.

So everyone has their own cross to bear in their class. Don't think it's just clerics.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    "I..never...learned...to...res!" b:cry
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    "LEEROY JENKINS!"

i prefer jumping peanuts..........b:shockedlol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Togusa - Lost City
    Togusa - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    8. No, I don't have revive... [aerole]

hahaha, i'm guilty of this one
    scorpion kills me 15 secs into the cave
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

I will just suggest to you: build your own cleric and see how you fare. See how you like it when you go half-way across the map to rez someone just so they tell you when you get there that they found someone else to rez them and forgot to let you know.

See how you fare when you're trying to buff and heal everyone around you and they treat you like ****, not even bothering a "thank you" or even acknowledging the fact that your neck's been saved.

This game is for everyone's enjoyment, and absolutely no class was meant to be anyone else's slave. If a person wishes to build a cleric that is not a primary healer, that's their own business and every other class should have at least the decency to inquire/request a cleric's build before inviting them to their squad.

Feeding this thread with your stupid comments will only alienate further the cleric class against you, in other words, you are doing yourself a great disservice with this thread.

As a Full Attack Cleric, I personally, always carried -- and still do -- guardian angels, charms, pots and orbs, so that I can take care of myself in every situation. I think that every responsible player should do the same. Of course, it is my privilege to heal and buff myself and others, as well as rez SQUAD MEMBERS and I do but I don't see any contract between me and utterly alien characters to do them the favour just so they would "like me".

I don't have a BB for the simple reason that I've been in too many situations where the main tanker would curse me whenever their own charm was ticking, not only in FBs or TTs but in fighting other bosses as well, where there is limited drops. They never have consideration for my own MP charm that is ticking way more rapidly than their HP ones. I do have an RB tho, and use it whenever it proves efficient.

There is a learning curve for every character that we build and this applies to every class. We can't get into the game and pretend we know everything, because in PWI, class builds can be very complex. We all have a right to err but strangely, you have chosen to take that right away from the clerics.... hmmm, in the long (and short) run, it will prove to be your bad.

You know what? The longer this thread grows, the harder our position will be against all other classes because they are too stupid and irresponsible to get their own protection (dolls & pots), and because in their stupid logic, keep thinking that clerics are their slaves.

Whether you want to admit it or not, clerics can pull, DD and kill like any other class and even solo most of their quests: why then would we submit to your infantile tantrums? Just to keep you happy? Do you think we play this game, and invest in it just to clean up your sorry behinds? Get real and learn to respect all classes.

See you in game.

This is a joke thread, where stereotype are even welcomed. Stop making post like this in this thread, it spoiled others' fun here.
    You are making a bad example of FAC.
    You are even contradict yourself between this post and your post in another 2 threads, because you cannot find a good argument for your position and so you keep evading when people are debutting.
    If you can't even agree with the social norm, then do not ever interact with anyone in PWI again, because social contract are at work here.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ilystah wrote: »
    This is a joke thread, where stereotype are even welcomed. Stop making post like this in this thread, it spoiled others' fun here.
    You are making a bad example of FAC.
    You are even contradict yourself between this post and your post in another 2 threads, because you cannot find a good argument for your position and so you keep evading when people are debutting.
    If you can't even agree with the social norm, then do not ever interact with anyone in PWI again, because social contract are at work here.

I play a fist blademaster. Sue me for not agreeing with the norm.

Tell me how his posts here have anything to do with his posts elsewhere?

And if he got offended by it, it isn't fun to him.

So if you're going to complain that a serious post is deadly to your thread, at least do it while showing an ounce of respect for the poster.

And may I ask what the heck his FAC build has to do with the example he's setting? =|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
This discussion has been closed.