How Do You Feel About PK?

nostalkers
nostalkers Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
You know I have watched a thousand games and seen ten thousand people a piece trying to co-op and get things done. One thing that baffles me to this day is the nature of the PKer. I mean I myself am a duelist and enjoy a good fight but PKing doesn't seem to have a place aside from getting a red name and scamming peoples stuff in this game LOL.
I put this thread up here to see why people do it and also to see if the majority like it. Give me some insight.
Post edited by nostalkers on

Comments

• Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nostalkers wrote: »
    You know I have watched a thousand games and seen ten thousand people a piece trying to co-op and get things done. One thing that baffles me to this day is the nature of the PKer. I mean I myself am a duelist and enjoy a good fight but PKing doesn't seem to have a place aside from getting a red name and scamming peoples stuff in this game LOL.
    I put this thread up here to see why people do it and also to see if the majority like it. Give me some insight.

I do it personally becuase of the thrill when they run for the Safe Zone, and don't quite make it there. The Thrill of the hunt makes it completely worthwhile, Especially when I manage to get them at the Very edge of the Safe Zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Based on my experiences in the cube I can understand why people do PK, when your fighting for you life against another player you get a jolt of adrenaline.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Based on my experiences in the cube I can understand why people do PK, when your fighting for you life against another player you get a jolt of adrenaline.

true :P.....
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hoar - Sanctuary
    Hoar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How would it be scamming some ones stuff when (a majority of the time) they're doing the same thing (they wouldn't be white name or in a pk server if they didn't want to pk -.-;)? Anyways, it is mainly the feel you get, I know when I'm up against other players and see a few go down you get a rush, especially when there are quite a few around you trying to take you down. Just good fun!
    b:cute
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PVP is fun, but its annoying as hell to talk about it here because PK server players have egos from hell, and act like our PVP means nothing in PK mode. they have serious ego issues, the only difference is theres not huge amounts of trash talk in common chat in PVE sp and orchid temple parties.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I feel dead when it comes to PK.
    :P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Idk, personally I kinda see where the OP is coming from. Seeking challenging battles and all that is great and sounds like an exciting thrill. If I ever tried pk it'd be for that reason and those who play for that reason I respect.
    But these people who get a "thrill" just from "hunting down" and killing others, especially those who are weaker or try to run away (which is the whole reason 3x's get camped)...it's a bit twisted in my opinion. =/
  • I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary
    I_M_Fugly - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can understand liking the challenge and unpredictability of going against another human player. It adds another dimension to the game when there is a chance of losing exp and items. You really get to test your mettle against others and see who is the best.

What I cannot understand is what anyone gets out of killing someone several levels below theirs. It's not like it is a challenge. You're not proving how good you are. You're just being a bully. And 2/3/+ against one really doesn't compute with me.

There's no way I would enter PK mode unless there were some restrictions such as you can only attack/be attacked by someone say +/- 2 levels from yours. There are just too many people who get some perverse thrill out of killing people many levels below theirs.
  • Reventon - Harshlands
    Reventon - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I do it just because I can. No major thrills. I just do it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You all annoy me...
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The game was built around PvP, so it's essential to having a fun time. Originally, the game was built with no PvE servers, after all PvP = more money for PWE.

But yeah i have fun with PK, its always a blast having a couple guilds fight each other at Intrepid or Hidden orchid etc. One thing i don't like is PKing lowbies. No point and it only makes the game shi.tty for them ( Unless of course its KoS then thats fine)

Oh and PK on PvE servers mean nothing, carebears etc etc b:kiss
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    way too hard to get desent gear in this game + way too easy to die as a cleric so i'm not all into that PK ing >_> guardian angels are way too expensive
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    <
    PK cannonfodder and I love it!!!!!! b:cute
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is NOT pvp based nor has it EVER been.

Do you get exp from killing other players? No

Are there things to kill other than players? Yes

Therefore this game is not pvp based.

People don't like duels because they know they'll never win a real fight, so they say they are nothing and constantly gank because when the other person has no chance to fight back is the only time the attacker can ever hope to win.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    <rant>

I use to do PK mode at Sanctuary. I dont anymore

But it seems like some people get way too involved in PK and are too immature to handle it. Death threats and trash talk are just stupid. It is a rush, but at high levels with decent gear the danger of losing a item is too high.

Also the time limit for pk is too high at 10 hours, it means I can't help anyone. Last time I did someone shot me whilst I was tanking mobs and the rest of the party died. Ok you may say fair enough your in PK mode.

How about the others though they weren't and it was them who suffered. People get banned for luring bosses like jewel to safe zones, This is just as bad really in my eyes.

Finally I have played both PvP and PvE servers and found more issues on the PvE server regarding PK mode. Namely the sheer arrogance of some people who can't see beyond PK mode and demand everyone does it. These people need to bugger off to the PvP server. It is PvE for a REASON!

However I have no objection to people who do enjoy PK provided they show respects and manners and don't get innocent players involved, a blue name is a choice not a disability.

</rant>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Just saying...by this logic...

Are there things to kill other than mobs? Yes

Therefore this game is not pve based.

If it's not PvE based and not PvP based, then what IS it based on...? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    <bytch>

It took a grand total of 2 mins before some dufus pm'd me about my thoughts.

OK, before people start saying the usual **** about;

"Oh your only saying that cos you sux **** at PK" b:cryb:cryb:cry

Can just say, I am entitled to an opinion that may be different than yours and my PK record to date is:

Kills: 22
    Deaths: 24 (7 at the hands of Verticoli)

Yes it is a score of -2 buI don't care, my question is this: Why do you care?

</bytch>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    <bytch>

It took a grand total of 2 mins before some dufus pm'd me about my thoughts.

OK, before people start saying the usual **** about;

"Oh your only saying that cos you sux **** at PK" b:cryb:cryb:cry

Can just say, I am entitled to an opinion that may be different than yours and my PK record to date is:

Kills: 22
    Deaths: 24 (7 at the hands of Verticoli)

Yes it is a score of -2 buI don't care, my question is this: Why do you care?

</bytch>

/leg slapping good time

Are you serious?? Someone actually PM'd you?? That's really funny reading that someone actually felt they needed to confront you on your opinion on the forums about something so mundane.... b:chuckle

That's like saying I don't believe in Dinasaurs.....
    Other user: Say what????
    /pm's Tatuaje
    What do you mean you don't believe?? That ain't right and you are wrong because your personal opinion is wrong...Shame on you and I am gonna pm you until you believe differently.
    edited July 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is NOT pvp based nor has it EVER been.

People don't like duels because they know they'll never win a real fight, so they say they are nothing and constantly gank because when the other person has no chance to fight back is the only time the attacker can ever hope to win.
    do you actually believe half of what you say, are you just that dumb? or really just that good of a troll.
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009

It was built for 80 vs 80 TW != Built for PvP.
    edited July 2009
    who remembers zoes guide to PVP!?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009

/raises hand

Never gonna get those minutes back. b:cry
  • Nova_ - Harshlands
    edited July 2009

Lmao. I remember "Dont use charms; What you cant survive on just ur health alone, Weak!!!1111"

lolollolol b:laugh
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    do you actually believe half of what you say, are you just that dumb? or really just that good of a troll.

I hope for everyone's sake that she is indeed a troll.
    Just because you don't get exp out of PK doesn't mean it's not important.
    The point of this game is to hold territory, which is decided through PvP

SHE MADE A PVP GUIDE?! *looks for it*
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited July 2009
    I hope for everyone's sake that she is indeed a troll.
    Just because you don't get exp out of PK doesn't mean it's not important.
    The point of this game is to hold territory, which is decided through PvP

SHE MADE A PVP GUIDE?! *looks for it*
    id feel sorry for someone that diluted ):
  • Lucky_Curse - Lost City
    Lucky_Curse - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009

wait isn't that a bit off topic? @_@

well anyways i love it when i get out of safe zone just to get pked by a lv 80 player so much fun XD lol

but honestly pvp is fun it kinda makes you back up ur words if your a thrash talker, but at the same time it does makes some ppls egos way to big...

from my exp i'm usually the one running cus my pkers love taking away 1/2 ~ 3/4 HP per hit and i'm not totally into pking not yet that is. I'm just going to start pking once i can back up my words and kill some of my old pkers

*runs in circles* ahhh i feel a pker coming to kill my pet T_T

b:victory yay for being passive aggresive
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Slightly off topic but if anyone cares to find Zoe's PvP guide, I'm in need of a laugh and it'd be much appreciated. b:surrender
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Slightly off topic but if anyone cares to find Zoe's PvP guide, I'm in need of a laugh and it'd be much appreciated. b:surrender

facepalm.jpg

btw I dont pk, I like pvp servers tho because it actually makes me pay attention to the game. There's nothing more thrilling than knowing you may be squished within the next 5 seconds if you don't pay attention.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Look at the TW map for Heavens Tear, and then look at the TW map for lost city or one of the malaysian servers, then think about why things are that way.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PvP is fun.

PvP between similarly ranked/leveled players is fair, and an actual challenge.

PvP between high level players and 3X players as they step out of the safe zone, or against players squading for a boss/in the middle of a boss fight is *cowardice*.

If you jump on lowbies for the thrill of ganking easy pickins, you are a coward.

You are so insecure about your abilities, you have to kill ants to get your rocks off.

I have no problem with anyone PvPing each other if they want to, I have no problem with players +/- 5 levels sneaking up on each other - knock yourself out.

Any player I see ganking lowbies goes on my "never squad with or help them" list, as does their faction.

And yes, I do have a barb and a cleric on LC, and I *do* have a list of lowlifes that will get nothing but laughter from me when they need/want help.

PKing them on sight is sinking to their level. No thanks.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    pvp Is Fun.indeed It Is....

Pvp Between Similarly Ranked/leveled Players Is Fair, And An Actual Challenge.
    not Entirely True....gear Is A Huge Factor....a Poor High Level Can Be Increduibly Outmatched By The Same Level With Legendary Gear
    Pvp Between High Level Players And 3x Players As They Step Out Of The Safe Zone, Or Against Players Squading For A Boss/in The Middle Of A Boss Fight Is *cowardice*.
    incorrect...it Shows Who Is Da Boss
    If You Jump On Lowbies For The Thrill Of Ganking Easy Pickins, You Are A Coward.
    false...remember Above....who's Da Boss Again?
    You Are So Insecure About Your Abilities, You Have To Kill Ants To Get Your Rocks Off.
    ants? I Got My Insect Mashing Boots On...where They At?
    I Have No Problem With Anyone Pvping Each Other If They Want To, I Have No Problem With Players +/- 5 Levels Sneaking Up On Each Other - Knock Yourself Out.

Any Player I See Ganking Lowbies Goes On My "never Squad With Or Help Them" List, As Does Their Faction.
    b:cry You Are So Uber That I Don't Think Lc Will Function Without Your Help.
    And Yes, I Do Have A Barb And A Cleric On Lc, And I *do* Have A List Of Lowlifes That Will Get Nothing But Laughter From Me When They Need/want Help.

Pking Them On Sight Is Sinking To Their Level. No Thanks.

Redmenace