How Do You Feel About PK?

Comments

• Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PK is bad.

But that's ok, because there is no pk on HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PK is bad.

But that's ok, because there is no pk on HT.
    it became impossible to pk on HT, 90% of the pk players are Venos with nix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PW pvp is a paradise for those without real strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I personally don't PK.

1. People either take it really offensively and then just rant and rant.
    2. Causes unnecessary problems for my guild sometimes (cause people are so easy to anger).
    3. Trash talking that results is just idiotic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is NOT pvp based nor has it EVER been.

Do you get exp from killing other players? No

Are there things to kill other than players? Yes

Therefore this game is not pvp based.

People don't like duels because they know they'll never win a real fight, so they say they are nothing and constantly gank because when the other person has no chance to fight back is the only time the attacker can ever hope to win.

i cant agree with your argument ... but i can agree that this game is more for pve than pvp.
    I mean, if any of you ever played a real game that was based around pvp. You would know its just you, mobs, and pvp.. nothing extra. Just a endless grind and killing people. (pvp events)

There is plenty to do in this game pve wise, more than i ever seen from a free game.
    The stuff in this game that has to do with pvp.. can be found ANYWHERE.. but for the stuff dealing with pve, cant be found anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I personally don't PK.
    2. Causes unnecessary problems for my guild sometimes

true.

Shes always causes problems, she just can't behave b:surrender
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    /leg slapping good time

Are you serious?? Someone actually PM'd you?? That's really funny reading that someone actually felt they needed to confront you on your opinion on the forums about something so mundane.... b:chuckle.

<laughter>

Yup it took a grand total of 2 mins for an idiot to pm me.

Clearly I must be so dangerous that my logic and outburst must be tackled immediately b:laugh

I soooo wish I had kept their user ID I was sat in my chair wetting myself (not from fear, but laughing) b:shocked

Extract:

"Look at the end of the day PvP and PK is the only true endgame"

*cough* someone hasn't heard of the concept of an expanding game - more monsters etc etc etc.

"This is the future and if you don't like it **** you"

Thanks for that insight Dr Who.

"If you don't like PK mode fine, you can just die later. Who the **** do you think you are telling others that is sux!"

Go back and re-read it, I said I DO NOT like it, NOT I do not like it therefore none of you can do it.

"Next time I see you am I so going to PK you, to prove I am right"

*picking myself up off floor from laughing* Which part of a Blue Name don't you understand. Furthermore how does PKing anyone prove anything?

Whoever you are please note I have now removed you from the blacklist because you are so funny to listen to. I haven't had a good laugh in ages. Your insane rants have given us all a damn good chuckle.

Toodles b:victory

</laughter>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Keep swingin' that epeen - maybe someone will notice it one day.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is NOT pvp based nor has it EVER been.

Do you get exp from killing other players? No

Are there things to kill other than players? Yes

Therefore this game is not pvp based.

I agree a bit on this, since I dont see much player skill involved in PVP. I guess I like more PVP shooter games.

the pvp part is more level and gear based.

this area in the game requires more improvement.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The game was built around PvP, so it's essential to having a fun time. Originally, the game was built with no PvE servers, after all PvP = more money for PWE.

But yeah i have fun with PK, its always a blast having a couple guilds fight each other at Intrepid or Hidden orchid etc. One thing i don't like is PKing lowbies. No point and it only makes the game shi.tty for them ( Unless of course its KoS then thats fine)

Oh and PK on PvE servers mean nothing, carebears etc etc b:kiss
    Just state the main points and refrain from those quotes meant to undermine others. Good lord no wonder its majority men that start wars...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Just state the main points and refrain from those quotes meant to undermine others. Good lord no wonder its majority men that start wars...

Well we have to put up with women, we gotta take out aggression somewhere correct? b:chuckle
    edited July 2009
    Well we have to put up with women, we gotta take out aggression somewhere correct? b:chuckle
    Go live in a monestary b:laugh you got a choice not to put up with women
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Eh.....

Keep in mind though that you put up with us because you cannot live without us b:cute....and we put up with you b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Your second sentence...kind of defeats the purpose of the first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Go live in a monestary b:laugh you got a choice not to put up with women

pfft no man in the USA has the (choice) to put up with "them" one way or another women find and **** a guys mind over, be it his mom/gf/ grandmother or whatever x___X

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW3jn3vOiMM for details on how messed up women can be
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    pfft no man in the USA has the (choice) to put up with "them" one way or another women find and **** a guys mind over, be it his mom/gf/ grandmother or whatever x___X

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW3jn3vOiMM for details on how messed up women can be

I cannot comment the way I want to on here.....b:shocked.....TOS qq!! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I cannot comment the way I want to on here.....b:shocked.....TOS qq!! b:surrender

nelson_ha_ha.jpg
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    exactly. the PKer, especially those who camp low level areas, or fight lowbies, are sick, demented people. this game is NOT about murdering each other- it has NO place at all in thegame.. backstory of the game expressly tells us to set aside our class differences and work together to accomplish the goal of killing the wraiths. NOT each other.

Idk, personally I kinda see where the OP is coming from. Seeking challenging battles and all that is great and sounds like an exciting thrill. If I ever tried pk it'd be for that reason and those who play for that reason I respect.
    But these people who get a "thrill" just from "hunting down" and killing others, especially those who are weaker or try to run away (which is the whole reason 3x's get camped)...it's a bit twisted in my opinion. =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    nelson_ha_ha.jpg

b:cry fgsdfgsd

You made a girl cry!!!! You should be ashamed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Original Topic completely derailed.....

PKing no mater the level difference is fun.

Having a Lvl 80 one shot a lvl 35 is a nice way to welcome them to open PVP. You don't lose XP so who really cares it's really not a life ender.

Squad hunting is cool, especially when some 70's team up and hunt down a 90+.

Being vulgar or slanderous after being PK'd or Pking someone is low class and not cool. Even if you are playing the bad guy role as a character it's still not required to curse and make over-the-edge harassing comments to people. "Noob" is not being mean. "You piece of #$^#$&^# #$^#$^ 34^#$^#$#$^" if you can just put your own ideas into that would be mean and not needed.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Original Topic completely derailed.....

I blame Rose, shes always ninjaing threads while I try to keep posts on track <___<

On topic... I like pk worlds
    edited July 2009
    Your second sentence...kind of defeats the purpose of the first.
    what did you expect lol
    edited July 2009
    on topic;
    PK is ok. Thats including PK camping low lvls. Why? Cause the makers of the game probably bust a gut thinking of the chaos that would ensue. (I mean really, as bully as it is, they would have implemented something to avoid those things if they REALLLY wanted to)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I blame Rose, shes always ninjaing threads while I try to keep posts on track <___<

On topic... I like pk worlds

Of course...typical male response b:chuckle b:heart

Anyways....PK can be fun and it can be a pain...all depends!

but it is just a part of the game on a PvP server!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Having a Lvl 80 one shot a lvl 35 is a nice way to welcome them to open PVP.

One-shotting a lvl 35 is not a nice way of doing anything. One shotting a lvl 35 from a lvl 80 is saying "This is *my* server, and you play here at MY pleasure, not yours!"

It's the equiv of having a drivers license for a few years, and when you see teenage drivers you call 911 and tell the Police "I just say this guy shoot a few kids in a Drive-By, and here's his license number".

The cops pull 'em over, frisk them on the side of the road, search their car completely, and maybe take them in for questioning. After 30 min, they get released for lack of evidence.

"Welcome to the World of Automotive Travel, Newbie! Stop Whining - no harm done!"

<giggle>

Yep, You're a Stud, all right.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    One-shotting a lvl 35 is not a nice way of doing anything. One shotting a lvl 35 from a lvl 80 is saying "This is *my* server, and you play here at MY pleasure, not yours!"

It's the equiv of having a drivers license for a few years, and when you see teenage drivers you call 911 and tell the Police "I just say this guy shoot a few kids in a Drive-By, and here's his license number".

The cops pull 'em over, frisk them on the side of the road, search their car completely, and maybe take them in for questioning. After 30 min, they get released for lack of evidence.

"Welcome to the World of Automotive Travel, Newbie! Stop Whining - no harm done!"

<giggle>

RedMenace

First off: Pking some noob outside West Arch is nothing like how you describe it. I think you took your opinion a little on the loopie side.

I do respect your idea just not how you describe it. (you consider it bullying...yadda yadda yadda..I get it.)

It's only a game and that's how PVP servers roll (Player Versus Player, lets us not discrimnate between levels...LOL...lvl 30's deserve to be PK'd just like the rest). If PWI did not want higher level players to PK any other levels they would have some penalty system set up to pervent it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited July 2009

<giggle>

RedMenace
    Well.... in PK thers no rule to stop them. In RL they do. Operators for police will actually call you back if they deem its important enough, they will have records or false accusations too
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    pking for me its like a lifestyle... I do it for the lulz.

Yes I play in pve server, that means I need to go to pk mode to enjoy a bit of pking (I wouldnt be in a pve server if it wasnt for my friends in rl). I dont like to kill low levels... I mean I just cant learn anything from killing low levels cause they can be one-shoted and my skllis wont improve to face people from my level. Figthing someone from my level its were the real fun is.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    pking for me its like a lifestyle... I do it for the lulz.

Yes I play in pve server, that means I need to go to pk mode to enjoy a bit of pking (I wouldnt be in a pve server if it wasnt for my friends in rl). I dont like to kill low levels... I mean I just cant learn anything from killing low levels cause they can be one-shoted and my skllis wont improve to face people from my level. Figthing someone from my level its were the real fun is.

You bring about a good point, while one-shotting some low level one time while I walk by is acceptable, there's no point in focusing on the lowbies because there is absolutely no skill involved. Why play games if not to improve your skills?
    edited July 2009
    You bring about a good point, while one-shotting some low level one time while I walk by is acceptable, there's no point in focusing on the lowbies because there is absolutely no skill involved. Why play games if not to improve your skills?
    GM has spoken! >;O