we need a TW map reset badly?

Options
Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Tideswell (East)
seriously EQ and Calamity are truly the gods on the server.. no one is a match against any of them.. it will become boring as hell real fast of there are only 2 factions who can contend with each other... well calamity is a bit better than equinox but ya.. only equinox stands a chance against calamity..

i think we need a TW reset or a limit to how much land a faction can hold at once.. that way it would make the game more fun.. knowing that no one faction will dominate the entire map.

what do you think?
Post edited by Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We don't need a TW reset this early in the server... take a look at Sanctuary for example, where it's been up for nearly a year. Where the factions are completely evenly matched. Factions still here haven't showed their full strength and people so far have worked hard to level to do this... so no, in my opinion we don't need a TW reset just yet.

Also, you forgot Armagedon... they have their fair share of strong players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It seems that you posted your opinion in the form of a question, and for good reason too.

The map still has unclaimed territories and nobody is at a stalemate. The map is dynamic and changes every week. Guild structure is changing rapidly. This is an infant server, and comes nowhere close to needing a reset.

Let's entertain the notion here for a minute. The map is blank now. Well... Will history not repeat itself? Will the same strong factions take lands every single week? The map will be almost identical when all is said and done. Map resets are pointless unless the entire map is a single color with no factions opposing.

But like I said, these TWs are far from boring. I think what you really meant is that you want a faction reset. This ain't the NFL bud, no drafting here.
    hai2u
  • Tiburon - Harshlands
    Tiburon - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Resets for TW are a dumb ideea. Let's say that 2 or 3 big guilds have held the map for 3 months and a small guild barely managed to grab one land. The after the next update reset has been done and they lost their land without even a chance to defend it. And even if they wipe the TW map clean, the big guilds would easily grab it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf me now while you still can!b:infuriated
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Then all we worked for would be gone? b:shocked
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Nature.. only strongest survive. deal with it lol. ppl work hard for it.

ಥ_ಥ
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • mortes
    mortes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Anyway, there will be a change in the TW system in the not so far future which will hopefully bring a new aspect into guild fights. b:quiet
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    mortes wrote: »
    Anyway, there will be a change in the TW system in the not so far future which will hopefully bring a new aspect into guild fights. b:quiet

Whats your source? hidden gm? early join day i see.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i heard something similiar...was it called genies?

jking
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Henery - Dreamweaver
    Henery - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think that the TW map shouldn't be reset, but it is getting boring as hell because 30+ factions are fighting 60-70+ factions.

I think PW should make a new system in which you can fight another factions territory I call it just normal "Wars". Here is a example:

Two factions want to fight each other, but they cannot because of the territories the bigger factions own. So they use a stronger faction's map (EQ or Calamities) and fight on their land for a fee. The winner gets to teleport to the cities in that land for free for a month. (Not Main cities though.)

To prevent people fighting on land a TW is happening, War bidding will happen the hour after TW bidding is done.

This way, the main factions still get a nice reward from the territory war rewards, and get their name on the map that its their territory.
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Reset is a bad idea... more other factions have high lvls now. And its only a matter of time when they go into TW. They are just waiting for the rest of the faction members to get stronger so they can fight the big guys (EQ & cala) b:laugh and probably win some land too!! b:chuckle
  • Falon - Lost City
    Falon - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Go read some of the QQ about L.C's map needing to be reset, then compare, and QQ some more.
  • nederlandse
    nederlandse Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We don't need a TW reset this early in the server... take a look at Sanctuary for example, where it's been up for nearly a year. Where the factions are completely evenly matched. Factions still here haven't showed their full strength and people so far have worked hard to level to do this... so no, in my opinion we don't need a TW reset just yet.

Also, you forgot Armagedon... they have their fair share of strong players.

RANT WARNING

This is not meant to offend!
    If you are offended, that's on you!

(you gotta drag-highlight to see it)

@the arma comment-> you're kidding right? you do realize that arma has lost its leadership right? tigger just came back after having left the faction, and lets not even start on zeratul... also, where the **** is icedog? as far as i'm concerned, the faction that raised me and showed me the ropes of this game has fallen into disarray and is about to collapse...

if there's any members of arma that were with them at server start like i was (hell, i was in their first TW!), could you please explain wtf is going on with ya'll? i hear rumors... and gossip... but i'd appreciate a straight-up confirmation- are ya'll basically just an extension of equinox now? or are you still your own faction? also, why are the orig members/leaders bouncing in and out of the faction to join other factions?

i always remember the fun times i had in arma... and i miss you guys on occasion, i also regret leaving every day i play this game... tigger is/was the most honorable person i've ever met in this game, and i hope the rumors and gossip i'm hearing is nothing but coverup/jealousy/etc

l\led, Level 4x Barbarian, Dreamweaver
    b:sad Had to leave his home in Kinetic b:sad
    (that's lower-case "L" btw)
    I love all these people who look at my level
    and assume I'm some nub that doesn't know
    what he's talking about... Sorry, I've been
    around since the East Coast servers launched.
    b:chuckle
  • friendlyman
    friendlyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with the request for a map reset as it has already been proven there is currently no faction able to take Calamity out. WE have seen Calamity Fight EQ and Armageddon and the battles have lasted no more than 30 minutes. So I say a map reset is in order to even out the fairness of the game as if one faction is able to completely annihilate other factions how fair is that gonna be.
  • Varsity - Dreamweaver
    Varsity - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    instead of a tw reset how about a "backstreetboy break up" among top factions O_o lol
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think that the TW map shouldn't be reset, but it is getting boring as hell because 30+ factions are fighting 60-70+ factions.

I think PW should make a new system in which you can fight another factions territory I call it just normal "Wars". Here is a example:

Two factions want to fight each other, but they cannot because of the territories the bigger factions own. So they use a stronger faction's map (EQ or Calamities) and fight on their land for a fee. The winner gets to teleport to the cities in that land for free for a month. (Not Main cities though.)

To prevent people fighting on land a TW is happening, War bidding will happen the hour after TW bidding is done.

This way, the main factions still get a nice reward from the territory war rewards, and get their name on the map that its their territory.

This is a decent idea.
  • Dunno - Dreamweaver
    Dunno - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This game TW is not designed for lvl 30+ ppl. Even PvE TW requires players lvl 50-60 so this already indicates that PvP TW would require that or more.

Map reset now would result high levels making 10 ppl factions and taking pve lands in small groups to get 10 mil a week b:chuckle
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This server doesnt need a TW map reset. Look at Lost City or Sanctuary. If u dont want that to happen honestly everyone needs to stop being greedy **** and go to factions with land so u get a weekly pay. It isnt a TW issue it is a people issue. People are greedy and will go to factions that will pay them.
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What this server need is ppl uniting under few strong NEW/OLD factions that could actually offer some challenging TW's to Calamity. b:victory
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What this server need is ppl uniting under few strong NEW/OLD factions that could actually offer some challenging TW's to Calamity. b:victory

Yup,,agree with that!! Stop making new guilds every day!! Thats why all high lvls are spread over a lot of factions. If we unite the map will change eventually...b:victory (just like to see more colour in the map, and not just 2 -_-')
  • mastas
    mastas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    y would u want a reset in the tw map anyway. if u want to change the map color then so something about it rather then just sitting and complaining about it....

if u been on sanc. in the pass days, most people are also complaining about it and they aren't even soing anything about it..

so really if u want things to change then u have to put the effort into doing it..
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." b:cool
  • Ivala - Dreamweaver
    Ivala - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Give the game about another 4-5 months and then factions that have some high level with alot mid like dynasty, bushido, Envy, Crusader, will be like fully filled with high levels and by 4-5 months hopefully most of the mid leveled factions will have a pop of 200. So basically when that happens EQ and Calamity work hard to keep land cause they will start to get attacked alot harder and might actually lose some land
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    <3 Dynasty b:chuckle
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Sixshooter - Dreamweaver
    Sixshooter - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This servers biggest problem is all the smaller guilds who want to TW forming alliances but not merging.

If Factions such as HDT, Imajica, and Beleive combined their 60+ into 1 guild of players dedicated to the TW than another up n coming faction would be born. Instead, high level execs n higher ranks in guilds don't want to drop there little bit of epeen faction rank and continue to gripe about the map. Also friendships and bonds can be torn, its delicate but possible to successfully turn 2-3 factions into 1 strong faction ready for war.

But no, factions would rather go "oh we are "allies" with EQ/Cala/Arma." True facts people, being an ally of a faction on the map does not get you on the map. Complaining about the map while keeping ur guild filled with sub 40 players hoping to tw in a few months is wrong.

So before this gets to long let me finish by reminding everyone that Calamity, Equinox, and even Armagedon(prior to merge fail) worked hard, every1 else who wishes to have land should keep that in mind and work just as hard. Yes, its just a game but that does mean it cannot have its on system of politics.
  • Ipood - Dreamweaver
    Ipood - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    On Heven's tear the map use to be owned by Radiance. Now look at it theirs 4+ new factions on that map. The same thing will happen for Dreamwaver eventually.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    On Heven's tear the map use to be owned by Radiance. Now look at it theirs 4+ new factions on that map. The same thing will happen for Dreamwaver eventually.

Unless it becomes like sanctuary instead.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Unless it becomes like sanctuary instead.

Equinox calls dibs on 1k streams b:avoid
    edited July 2009
    Options
    mastas wrote: »
    y would u want a reset in the tw map anyway. if u want to change the map color then so something about it rather then just sitting and complaining about it....

if u been on sanc. in the pass days, most people are also complaining about it and they aren't even soing anything about it..

so really if u want things to change then u have to put the effort into doing it..

busy with that b:laughb:chuckleb:victory
  • Forsakensin - Dreamweaver
    Forsakensin - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its going to be 2 colored, more than likely one colored, because tw is a FLAWED SYSTEM FROM HELL. No lvl bracket and the guys that spend their lives on the game are going to have the advantage period. but as everyone said, the servers in its infancy. i'm waiting on all the people in the top factions to start having head swells and clash their enormous ego's against each other (its GOING to happen, too many kids with high lvl characters thinking they're the ultimate **** in the game) i think a land cap is a GOOD idea, at least then multiple factions can have a shot and not just the kids who spend 20+ hours behind their computer screen every day
    Sarcasm is the best answer for idiots
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree that fewer small factions shoud be formed. The only way (in Dreamweavers' current state) that a small/medium faction will obtain land is if they challenge the few pieces of land not owned by CAL, EQ, and ARM. Essentially, these small/medium factions will end up trading land to one another until a large faction decides they want that piece of land and they will take it.

In regards to a map reset, land will end up becoming Real Estate to the same guilds who own the majority of the map today and as it stands, EQ has yet to defeat CAL, whether attacking or defending. All we can do is keep attacking/getting attacked and let the pieces (territories) fall where they may.

I am also excited Armageddon has regrouped with past members and I believe they will no doubt be a force to reckon with, no matter which guild they challenge.

Dominate factions rise and fall in all games ... hopefully, on Dreamweaver, it will be sooner than later so more factions can get into the power struggle for land.

Greed was mentioned earlier ... this will always be an issue in a game like PWI. Many of the guildhoppers who hop from CAL, EQ, and ARM are welcomed back by these same three factions (well, I shouldn't mention ARM I guess ... I believe they had the fewest greedy players, with people leavig them due to the countless ganking from smaller guilds when they had challengers from larger guilds attacking them).

In EQ, those who we identify as homeless (greedy bandwagon faction jumpers) will likely end up finding a faction other than EQ. Our new focus more or less is to attract and recruit "loyal" players (there are a few, not many) but we won't be saying "welcome back!" to members more than once. In the past, I've seen players welcomed back 5 or 6 times, lmao. With us, you may get a second chance but you will not receive chances (plural form). This may make us stronger or break us apart but I will only accept the first of the two options.

Wolfgang and Supernova have done an amazing job with EQ in their leadership roles and have earned my respect and my loyalty (which they've had for quite some time). Their new vision/direction for EQ is respectable and obtainable (is that even a word? lol).
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree that fewer small factions shoud be formed. The only way (in Dreamweavers' current state) that a small/medium faction will obtain land is if they challenge the few pieces of land not owned by CAL, EQ, and ARM. Essentially, these small/medium factions will end up trading land to one another until a large faction decides they want that piece of land and they will take it.

In regards to a map reset, land will end up becoming Real Estate to the same guilds who own the majority of the map today and as it stands, EQ has yet to defeat CAL, whether attacking or defending. All we can do is keep attacking/getting attacked and let the pieces (territories) fall where they may.

I am also excited Armageddon has regrouped with past members and I believe they will no doubt be a force to reckon with, no matter which guild they challenge.

Dominate factions rise and fall in all games ... hopefully, on Dreamweaver, it will be sooner than later so more factions can get into the power struggle for land.

Greed was mentioned earlier ... this will always be an issue in a game like PWI. Many of the guildhoppers who hop from CAL, EQ, and ARM are welcomed back by these same three factions (well, I shouldn't mention ARM I guess ... I believe they had the fewest greedy players, with people leavig them due to the countless ganking from smaller guilds when they had challengers from larger guilds attacking them).

In EQ, those who we identify as homeless (greedy bandwagon faction jumpers) will likely end up finding a faction other than EQ. Our new focus more or less is to attract and recruit "loyal" players (there are a few, not many) but we won't be saying "welcome back!" to members more than once. In the past, I've seen players welcomed back 5 or 6 times, lmao. With us, you may get a second chance but you will not receive chances (plural form). This may make us stronger or break us apart but I will only accept the first of the two options.

Wolfgang and Supernova have done an amazing job with EQ in their leadership roles and have earned my respect and my loyalty (which they've had for quite some time). Their new vision/direction for EQ is respectable and obtainable (is that even a word? lol).

can you say that in a way mizu understands
    like in 1 or 2 sentences b:surrender