we need a TW map reset badly?

Options

Comments

• Eclipse - Dreamweaver
    Eclipse - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In all honesty what is the point of a map reset? In no time the lands will all belong to the strong factions again. What we really need is loyal players who stay in their respective factions. I've seen so many people up and leave after losing one land, wishing to join the people that they lost to (or some other alternative faction). If people just stay put, the number of high lvl players wouldn't be so spread out with just 1 or 2 factions with a significant number of high lvls (probably could get like 4 high lvl factions atm).
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In all honesty what is the point of a map reset? In no time the lands will all belong to the strong factions again. What we really need is loyal players who stay in their respective factions. I've seen so many people up and leave after losing one land, wishing to join the people that they lost to (or some other alternative faction). If people just stay put, the number of high lvl players wouldn't be so spread out with just 1 or 2 factions with a significant number of high lvls (probably could get like 4 high lvl factions atm).

amen to that :3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    A map reset seems just so heavy handed. It just doent feel right if you know what I mean. And it doesnt really solve anything and would create bad feelings in the factions that worked for their land.

If you feel that one or two factions should have a much harder time holding large sections of the map then you need to level the playing field in other ways. Limiting each player to 1 ro 2 TW's each per weekend would spread even large factions out thin for instance. Having wraith suprise attacks on lands could also give people headaches (lose and the land goes free).
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    stop QQ, the only server that needs reset is Sanctuary
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Reset? why reset?
    So we'll have to take the land from mobs again? Sorry, I for one don't want to grind in TW instance. And then , once the grinding is done, there will be again 7-10 min TWs and all will be back to the current status in no-time.
    There are enough high lvl players on the server to make 2 factions that will seriously challenge Calamity. There are faction jumpers but these guys will not change the ballance of power, although they could make it look like it.
    Calamity is strong not because it has the highest lvls on server. That's a part of it, but not everything that Calamity relies on. There are some other pieces in this puzzle, pieces that no other faction was able to put together until now. That's why Calamity is so strong at the moment.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver
    ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah reset this map, so ordinary players and weaker gulids, overall a lot of people could have they fun and see few times a town war, before strong gulids take all over again. Sure people from Calamity and Equinox dosn't like that idea, it's normal i quess, but on that way gets the game even more boring as ( often ) already is.
    If you wanna have some town war fun, you must join Calamity or Equinox, if you don't like any of them, then you can join a smaller gulid and pay to be beaten ( sarcastic ), lvl 40's, 50's...fight against lvl 70, 80 or even 90 +,....what a fun yes. Come on, reset this stupid map, or open the Pvp Arena for some fun....
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its easy to blame on big factions, but oh well cala and EQ has been figthing for be what they are right now since first days of server, they saw guilds grow, they saw guilds fail, they had their own problems and them both still there, its so easy to speak, so its easy to say '' lets reset the map'' probally ppl that says that are lazy, go and work as them both work before, or u guys think it is as easy as TW every weekend, TW isnt only the X time of fight and meet, TW is a long week where u need to get ready and then work hard for keep ur lands and each week win 1 land more and if u guys dont like it, work as hard as they did and who know in a future how the things can change. Words are words, proof to the rest than ur factions are good enough for have a colour into TW map, if not , u guys can allways blame them in this post and cry of how they got all the map, if it went that way isnt because they had luck, the one who works for what they want may sucesfull in their goals.

Somehow u guys only see the present, work for have a good future and beat that factions, for sure if u want to fight cala, EQ or arma without even 2 hours of works, it is going to be a big fail and u will come to this post crying again because u see too much red/cyan/pink in the map
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't blame Calamity or Equinox or any faction for it, i really don't care if they have all territories or not even 1. I blame developers, game masters or whatever they are to make this game a little bit more funny.Those factions which holding so many territories, anyway get x millions (each week) for they '' hard work ''. Now only 200, 300,.... ( mostly the same ),....people each week have fun with the town war, but a lot of more could have it if the map would be resteted, every few months.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I see the PoV of the smaller guilds.
    but TW is the place where the strongest survives. All the best players meet and fight there.
    A map reset will not be usefull to anyone. Calamity, EQ and Armagedon will wipe out everything in a matter of weeks. Yes, smaller factions will own a land (IF the can do the preparations) for a couple of weeks. But then everything will get back to the way it is now. Those factions will have some cash return from owning a land or two, yeah, that's true, those are good money at low lvl if spread around evenly between the members. Otherwise, a few in the guild will get rich and nothing will change.
    500k is not much for a ~100 player guild to fork out once a week. When you're around lvl 70 ( and pls, try to be around that lvl for a TW) a squad can run two TTs to come out with that amount of cash easily.
    It's really hard to get TW experience at low lvls, but it's not impossible. Yes you will get wiped by stronger guilds, but u can still make a stand. Record the fights, look at new strategies, try to improve the communication.
    Every time we fight a smaller guild we see the same Rambo stile attk/def. Why? U guys think that's the way a TW is won or should be handled? That's just a stupid hollywood picture, when 2 armies run towards eachother, first lines mix and everyone is hitting left and right.
    No, TW is about communication ( setup a Vent server), sticking to a plan, changing that plan if it doesn't work, paying attention to squadmates HP bars and as a wise man onece said: "three words will set you free: assist on me! ". TW = Team Work first and foremost.
    Learn how to do that and u will not be wiped in 5 minutes.

And yeah, Arena should be opened. I can't see why it isn't now.
    But this server is already so full of bugged instances that I don't know if it's a good idea to have it :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpineBuster - Dreamweaver
    SpineBuster - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Some of you seem to misunderstand the very word "war". It's not "Territory Duel", it's "Territory War" and I've never seen someone try to half-way win a war. The map is the way it is because people out time, effort, planning into making it that way. Just because your guild isn't as strong or you got to the server late, or you want to run around with 10 alts isn't anyone with land. 44....44 territories on the map and NOBODY owns all of them yet with Calamity having 20 which is less than half the map. It would take 24 more weeks or 6 months for us to own the entire map....that is ample time for guilds to rise/fall/merge, new players to level and old players to retire from the game. Try not to be so short-sighted in your posts....but then again maybe this is why only a few guilds have remained to make a claim on the map. There is a flaw in TW in my opinion though and that is the terrain. It'd be nice for Forest of Haze or any other territory to actually look like the real-game terrain instead of this generic, 3-lane football field with 2 bases.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Those factions which holding so many territories, anyway get x millions (each week) for they '' hard work ''. Now only 200, 300,.... ( mostly the same ),.....

yes tw pay. jealous on it? i wouldnt be. ( dunno if u are..) it also cost alot in charms, herbs remedies etc when having multiple wars, and tw pay is honestly not high when its shared to so many..
    Hard work. say its easy? u for sure know nothing. Leaders use alot of time planning, we'r talking many hours. members farm herbs whatever they need, its also a lot of time.
    You just see XX atatck XX faction/land in system message, and win in 10 mins. looks easy yea, but requirres alot of work before.

ppl outside doesnt rly know more than the results on map.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • SMF - Dreamweaver
    SMF - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have seen plenty of smaaaaallll factions with 1-5 lvl60+ members and the rest are lvl 15-30.
    1:the main thing is loyalty, be true to your school fool. If this is where you're at...STAY PUT. Too many people want to be Leader or director or executor or marshal. I have seen factions that recruit who ever which will get you nowhere. Does Calamity or Equinox recruit the first person that meets their lvl requirements? Do they? Exactly. They seem to have people running the show that know what they want and execute plans to get it. That much is obvious from their web pages and forum posts. It takes leadership, man. Brute strength will only get you so far. Something I think a lot of guilds are finding out. Which brings me to my next point.
    2:Leadership: If there isn't a core group of people with level heads within the governing hierarchy fuhgeddaboutit. There are too many factors to give just anyone a position. Lower levels need/want help with quests and just general Q&A along with advice while higher lvl's want to TT, Cube, and Zhen. Sometimes the members of either extreme have to sacrifice one for the other. If priority swings too far in either direction people feel neglected or that their time is being wasted and members leave.
    Just because someone is lvl 50...60...or 70+ doesn't mean that they are cut out to lead... or be in your faction for that matter. I have heard it a million times "there are real people behind these characters", exactly. No way to say it nicely so I'll just say it: a lvl70+ doofus isn't gonna do you any good against a machine of a perfectly strategized, experienced TW faction. It's too obvious to be untrue.
    Personally I feel what sets Calamity and Equinox apart from the rest is Leadership and Experience. Resetting the map isn't even an option at this point as there are still empty territories. That simple fact itself shows it's illogical.
    Lower lvl factions just stick to it. Don't focus on TW at this moment. I see alot of factions solely doing TT and FB's as their claim to fame. Before long they will realize that maybe they could give TW a whirl and maybe they would have fun and even stand a chance.
    I understand that seeing the two big factions all over the map is irritating to some but they won it fair and square, man. Robbing them of it so a few fledgling groups can have their day in the sun is underhanded and childish in my opinion. They would just take it back anyway.

A solution could be a mass pvp arena idea or a faction war feature like in Cabal or Last Chaos where there really is no prize except for a worldwide announcement saying the fight started and who the victor was, much like TW but it's all for fight exp and fun.

Whatever the case, I by no means endeavor to present myself as a know-it-all or god of MMO's. Just my 2 cents worth.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yeah, I stand by Heartstone on this one, he's making a good point.
    Last week on Thursday and Friday I think I spent about 7 hrs in total farming herbs for the 4 types of potions I use during TW. Got about 30 of each. TW were easy so I haven't used much of them, but that was an exception.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Challotte - Dreamweaver
    Challotte - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Personally I don't really care for the way TW is set up in PW. I'm certainly not going to argue that guilds like Calamity don't deserve what they've accomplished as that would simply be an ignorant statement.

The key (imho) to Calamity's success is primarily a result of organization and the leaders and members deserve credit for doing a very good job of utiliing strategy, recruiting, and simply organizing a good fighting force.

At this point of the game however, while I'm sure it's difficult for Calamity to continually defend their territories each week, I can't help but feel like it's a case of the "rich getting richer." Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems that once you control such a large % of the map, you've snowballed the process to the point where most things are going in your favor - enough that at least for awhile you're practically unstoppable.

You get quite a large amount of coin to spend on the best equipment and items, and you have an easier time recruiting higher lvl folks who want to be on the "winning team" so to speak. it just seems like barring a major "union" of other guilds (which likely won't happen due to egos), the only way Calamity will be knocked off the map will be as a result of their own internal circumstances.

I expect that some day a new game will come along and enough Calamity members will leave or they'll simply get bored of playing and move on which may open the door to another guild - but realistically I don't see them falling off the map in any other way.

Like I said, I don't care for the TW concept as it's run in PW - I think there are alot of other options available to try that would provide for much more fun for PvP on a PvE server, but whether PW ever goes in a different direction, I doubt it.

I think overall it would probably be more fun for everyone if they reset the TW map every month or two - it would certainly be exciting for the overall PW community and leave things open for alot of interesting battles, but again, I don't know that it'll ever be done that way or not.

Until then we just keep lvling :)
  • XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I honestly think some of the people here asking for a reset have never even set foot in a TW. When you look at those Territories on the map and think "OMG, TEN MILLION COINS per week!?", you also have to remember the cost of the TW to begin with, ESPECIALLY when its a 3 hour TW. I'm not even one of the biggest money sucking classes and check this out:

Total Personal Expenses from a 3 hour TW Defense:

an ENTIRE gold HP charm - 500k
    350k of a gold MP charm - ~150k
    stack of 50 Large Healing pots(lv. 60)- ~35k

All that alone adds up to almost 700k, thats not even including Apoth items, arrows, repair bill, etc. So 10mil outta cover it right? WRONG, that 10mil has to cover not only EVERYONE's expense, but has to be used to cover future TW bids, building towers in future TW, provide items for 'the less fortunate' to use in the next TW. I spent 700k+, wanna know what my TW pay was?

Thats right. A little less than a 90% loss. Maybe it gets better when you have a few territories, but the more you get into TW the more its going to end up costing you as a faction. A map reset is FAR outta the question the way i see it. Even with as many coins as factions such as Calamity or Equinox get each week, you have to take into consideration just how much it cost them to get there and what it would feel like to have that ripped right out from under you because people want a "fair chance". If you want a fair chance get leveled up and get the coins around and WORK FOR IT. They didn't have it handed to them, neither should you.

Wow, that got longer than expected while typing it. YAY wall of text.b:surrender
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its easy to blame on big factions, but oh well cala and EQ has been figthing for be what they are right now since first days of server, they saw guilds grow, they saw guilds fail, they had their own problems and them both still there, its so easy to speak, so its easy to say '' lets reset the map'' probally ppl that says that are lazy, go and work as them both work before, or u guys think it is as easy as TW every weekend, TW isnt only the X time of fight and meet, TW is a long week where u need to get ready and then work hard for keep ur lands and each week win 1 land more and if u guys dont like it, work as hard as they did and who know in a future how the things can change. Words are words, proof to the rest than ur factions are good enough for have a colour into TW map, if not , u guys can allways blame them in this post and cry of how they got all the map, if it went that way isnt because they had luck, the one who works for what they want may sucesfull in their goals.

Somehow u guys only see the present, work for have a good future and beat that factions, for sure if u want to fight cala, EQ or arma without even 2 hours of works, it is going to be a big fail and u will come to this post crying again because u see too much red/cyan/pink in the map

that was just....
    beautiful
    <3olee
    I see the PoV of the smaller guilds.
    but TW is the place where the strongest survives. All the best players meet and fight there.
    A map reset will not be usefull to anyone. Calamity, EQ and Armagedon will wipe out everything in a matter of weeks. Yes, smaller factions will own a land (IF the can do the preparations) for a couple of weeks. But then everything will get back to the way it is now. Those factions will have some cash return from owning a land or two, yeah, that's true, those are good money at low lvl if spread around evenly between the members. Otherwise, a few in the guild will get rich and nothing will change.
    500k is not much for a ~100 player guild to fork out once a week. When you're around lvl 70 ( and pls, try to be around that lvl for a TW) a squad can run two TTs to come out with that amount of cash easily.
    It's really hard to get TW experience at low lvls, but it's not impossible. Yes you will get wiped by stronger guilds, but u can still make a stand. Record the fights, look at new strategies, try to improve the communication.
    Every time we fight a smaller guild we see the same Rambo stile attk/def. Why? U guys think that's the way a TW is won or should be handled? That's just a stupid hollywood picture, when 2 armies run towards eachother, first lines mix and everyone is hitting left and right.
    No, TW is about communication ( setup a Vent server), sticking to a plan, changing that plan if it doesn't work, paying attention to squadmates HP bars and as a wise man onece said: "three words will set you free: assist on me! ". TW = Team Work first and foremost.
    Learn how to do that and u will not be wiped in 5 minutes.

And yeah, Arena should be opened. I can't see why it isn't now.
    But this server is already so full of bugged instances that I don't know if it's a good idea to have it :D

agreed :3
    Personally I don't really care for the way TW is set up in PW. I'm certainly not going to argue that guilds like Calamity don't deserve what they've accomplished as that would simply be an ignorant statement.

The key (imho) to Calamity's success is primarily a result of organization and the leaders and members deserve credit for doing a very good job of utiliing strategy, recruiting, and simply organizing a good fighting force.

At this point of the game however, while I'm sure it's difficult for Calamity to continually defend their territories each week, I can't help but feel like it's a case of the "rich getting richer." Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems that once you control such a large % of the map, you've snowballed the process to the point where most things are going in your favor - enough that at least for awhile you're practically unstoppable.

You get quite a large amount of coin to spend on the best equipment and items, and you have an easier time recruiting higher lvl folks who want to be on the "winning team" so to speak. it just seems like barring a major "union" of other guilds (which likely won't happen due to egos), the only way Calamity will be knocked off the map will be as a result of their own internal circumstances.

I expect that some day a new game will come along and enough Calamity members will leave or they'll simply get bored of playing and move on which may open the door to another guild - but realistically I don't see them falling off the map in any other way.

Like I said, I don't care for the TW concept as it's run in PW - I think there are alot of other options available to try that would provide for much more fun for PvP on a PvE server, but whether PW ever goes in a different direction, I doubt it.

I think overall it would probably be more fun for everyone if they reset the TW map every month or two - it would certainly be exciting for the overall PW community and leave things open for alot of interesting battles, but again, I don't know that it'll ever be done that way or not.

Until then we just keep lvling :)

pssst A.ion
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Mizuoni said:
    pssst A.ion

Not sure what that means?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You get quite a large amount of coin to spend on the best equipment and items

Did you read others post, or did you just read first post, and post what u guess?

you dont get the point dude, TW cost more than 10k to do lol. especially with more attcks a week. it really eats charm. yes our income is somewhat 210m for land held. which results in somewhat 1,6m or so if u attended tw. but its really not much in the end, as of now the numbers are mostly positive. but once we get longer fights we will burn charms as hell..
    I know ppl pulling cata's on HT able to burn 2-4 hp charms for a 3 hour fight. how much MP dont u think clerics use? - we will get these long fights here on DW aswell, give smaller guilds some time to grow.

towers cost 100k to build right? cata scrolls minor at 10 or 20k ( lol i forgot)

ppl saying we get easy money should really try to think about the actual costs.
    the more land you got, the more money yea.. but with more land, more land to defend, more cost as well.

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Daishar - Dreamweaver
    Daishar - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It`s really funny to see ppl from cala actually whining that theyr pay sucks or from EQ in that matter as they only fought Cala 2x last week, I don`t believe your +150mil(Can`t remember number of territories you own) don`t give you high enough pays to cover 2 TWs. I think you get more than my 90k, which really don`t cover expenses if I actually get in longer TW than ~15 min vs EQ/some random quild like alliance last week, who don`t have power to challenge even us, let alone Cala/EQ.

Apo stuff farming... Yeah, I do that too and I`m sure a lot of mid facs do that, so don`t complain `bout it, you just get more money than us, plain and simple. You may have more TWs, but I think you don`t need apo stuff more than in few as there only are few quilds who can oppose you, I use word oppose as we can actually try something but not really even challenge. I think that Only quilds who can even oppose Cala are EQ and Arma, while Dynasty and others are buggers but killable pretty fast even w/o apo stuff. And the only ones that can burn EQs charms are Cala, who pwn them in ~10 min. Crusaders can burn EQs charms lil, though falling pretty quick as EQ over levels us pretty badly, HDT can do the same as us and that`s `bout all who are able & intrested in doing that.

Your TWs doesn`t just last enough to be so expensive as you claim or you just don`t really care `bout spending `cause you can have your TWs and get money from your pay after expenses. The whole attitude of "We do way more work than you and don`t earn anything" just got in my nerves, nothing personal, but I just think that you underestimate the work mid facs do for TWs, like you are the only ones who actually prepare on it. Not saying that 500k for bid is anything, I could prolly grind the TW expenses(bid, cata scrolls, towers, etc?) in a day, but we actually spend money/time while we prepare. We don`t have charmless ppl running in TWs, sure there are some lower lvl who don`t have, but it`s small minority. We don`t get one shotted so we actually burn charms & apos but still die way more, so we use more of "long lasting" apo stuff in 1 TW than you do aka more expenses in 1 TW than you aka you get more money per territory and while you have more territories... I think you can see where that is going, no point getting any conclusion.

Merging? Let`s assume that there would be one made of Crusaders+HDT+Some other mid facs, that would certainly have levels to challenge at least EQ, though EQ would still have numbers on theyr side, but difference would be small enough to overcome with great planning & preparing. The problem with that fac would be that ppl would have to leave friends behind(wanting to go back), somebody would have issues with each other(somebody leaves, prolly both), Getting from mid to big fast-> Some ppl getting egos-> Egos clashing--> Drama-->ppl not having egos/being part in drama leaving with the problem makers. That all would make the new fac so unstable that it would be way too big risk to take for officers of those factions. It could kill pretty many of mid factions, would the ppl who were left outside come to reformed quilds if the try fails? That would just create a lot of small friend facs which would need time to get back to the starting power of original ones, while EQ & Cala would just get stronger and prolly get some high lvl members. If officers of mid factions do theyr job well and can keep theyr high lvls while lower shrink the lvl gap, mid factions would grow, in time, strong enough to challenge big ones. There is the safe route and the risky one, and not every one play for competing but having fun, just explain why they would have to leave their friends behind, I myself wouldn`t leave w/o my friends in game.

But to get in the main point of this thread... Why in earth would we want TW reset? Big facs have done their work well and deserve their land, PWI has no right of flushing that work down in the toilet, even when mid facs can`t oppose those two big ones. Sorry to say, but I just see Arma as a big mid fac, not really powerful enough to be called big one, but still stronger than other mid facs. But the traffic Arma got with theyr members, only they know how strong they are and whether that is enough to be in same gap with EQ, it makes lil difference as they don`t fight EQ, they fight Cala, who is one gap higher than EQ. But getting back from side route, the problem isn`t big factions having most of the land and they would get it back, even if the reset would be done, they would just take it back. The main problem I think is the ppl, who see coins in theyr eyes while they jump from smaller/mid factions to the two big ones, taking power and getting it on the side, who already has more of it.

I don`t need lecture of other reasons leaving, I know how hard it`s to get +70 bosses done even in mid fac, let alone small one. Zhenning/TT or even RB shoudn`t be problem if you have nice ppl in friend list, you don`t have to be in same fac to do those together, though ppl love to do those inside faction, not with "outsiders" even if they are friends. I have been in the biggest side in other games(Even been leader once) and I know just how much easier everything is there when everybody knows what they are doing and have time to do it. I just think that friends are more valuable than that and I`m willing to sacrifice some comforts for them if you`re not, worth of what that friendship actually is? This is game and I actually would love ppl treating it that way, I have spent +20h online some weeks back but still, this is only a game, I have no right of not appreciating ppl, who are less on, though it may bug me sometimes.

Ps. This went way too long, hopefully somebody had time to read it and is actually considering my opinions, you have right for yours and I have right for mines. My info is some days old, logged off after last TW and haven`t logged on after that. Haven`t done dailies as I got no energy for them, been working +12h per day, today I think I was 16 hour and that may have some effect for me even writing this. I only wanted to see if anything major had happened in short time and now I spend a lot of time writing this when I could have done some dailies and asked from guildies `bout everything :S.

Pps. See you friday, gonna work only 7 hour that day, let`s keep flaming on the minimum. You can actually disagree w/o looking like a jerk, egos are only in the way of more important things :).

Edit. I`m sure I said somewhere this is nothing personal and the attitude of some ppl just got in my nerves, but with fast check couldn`t find the spot, but it seemed I had too aggressive text, didn`t mean it that way, but not gonna edit it, what is said is said. The fact that it`s 2 am and I need to wake at 8 am for work has nothing to do with my decision, lol. But yeah, the only thing I have problems is the attitude of some replys, other than that, I only tried to make my opinions known, politely, lol, maybe after 18 years of walking in the earth I can skip my irritated nerves.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Did you read others post, or did you just read first post, and post what u guess?

you dont get the point dude, TW cost more than 10k to do lol. especially with more attcks a week. it really eats charm. yes our income is somewhat 210m for land held. which results in somewhat 1,6m or so if u attended tw. but its really not much in the end, as of now the numbers are mostly positive. but once we get longer fights we will burn charms as hell..
    I know ppl pulling cata's on HT able to burn 2-4 hp charms for a 3 hour fight. how much MP dont u think clerics use? - we will get these long fights here on DW aswell, give smaller guilds some time to grow.

towers cost 100k to build right? cata scrolls minor at 10 or 20k ( lol i forgot)

ppl saying we get easy money should really try to think about the actual costs.
    the more land you got, the more money yea.. but with more land, more land to defend, more cost as well.

You took one quote out of my post and made it appear that I'm crying over the TW map and have no idea what TW costs.

If you go back and look at what I said, the vast majority of it is lauding what Calamity has done on Dreamweaver. I truly do believe you folks have put a great deal of time into organizing and building a true force to be reckoned with!

I'm not going to get into an argument over something I really have no ill will about at all - all I was trying to say is that owning all those territories DO help you out is all. How much I can't say as I'm not privy to it - but it DOES help!

I'm quite impressed overall with what Calamity has done, and I do tip my hat to you all as it takes alot of effort to be where you are.

I apologize if my comments seemed to minimize what you've accomplished and continue to accomplish.

On that note, I'll leave this thread to others.

Best
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Mizuoni said:

Not sure what that means?

new game coming out :3
    It`s really funny to see ppl from cala actually whining that theyr pay sucks or from EQ in that matter as they only fought Cala 2x last week, I don`t believe your +150mil(Can`t remember number of territories you own) don`t give you high enough pays to cover 2 TWs. I think you get more than my 90k, which really don`t cover expenses if I actually get in longer TW than ~15 min vs EQ/some random quild like alliance last week, who don`t have power to challenge even us, let alone Cala/EQ.

Apo stuff farming... Yeah, I do that too and I`m sure a lot of mid facs do that, so don`t complain `bout it, you just get more money than us, plain and simple. You may have more TWs, but I think you don`t need apo stuff more than in few as there only are few quilds who can oppose you, I use word oppose as we can actually try something but not really even challenge. I think that Only quilds who can even oppose Cala are EQ and Arma, while Dynasty and others are buggers but killable pretty fast even w/o apo stuff. And the only ones that can burn EQs charms are Cala, who pwn them in ~10 min. Crusaders can burn EQs charms lil, though falling pretty quick as EQ over levels us pretty badly, HDT can do the same as us and that`s `bout all who are able & intrested in doing that.

Your TWs doesn`t just last enough to be so expensive as you claim or you just don`t really care `bout spending `cause you can have your TWs and get money from your pay after expenses. The whole attitude of "We do way more work than you and don`t earn anything" just got in my nerves, nothing personal, but I just think that you underestimate the work mid facs do for TWs, like you are the only ones who actually prepare on it. Not saying that 500k for bid is anything, I could prolly grind the TW expenses(bid, cata scrolls, towers, etc?) in a day, but we actually spend money/time while we prepare. We don`t have charmless ppl running in TWs, sure there are some lower lvl who don`t have, but it`s small minority. We don`t get one shotted so we actually burn charms & apos but still die way more, so we use more of "long lasting" apo stuff in 1 TW than you do aka more expenses in 1 TW than you aka you get more money per territory and while you have more territories... I think you can see where that is going, no point getting any conclusion.

Merging? Let`s assume that there would be one made of Crusaders+HDT+Some other mid facs, that would certainly have levels to challenge at least EQ, though EQ would still have numbers on theyr side, but difference would be small enough to overcome with great planning & preparing. The problem with that fac would be that ppl would have to leave friends behind(wanting to go back), somebody would have issues with each other(somebody leaves, prolly both), Getting from mid to big fast-> Some ppl getting egos-> Egos clashing--> Drama-->ppl not having egos/being part in drama leaving with the problem makers. That all would make the new fac so unstable that it would be way too big risk to take for officers of those factions. It could kill pretty many of mid factions, would the ppl who were left outside come to reformed quilds if the try fails? That would just create a lot of small friend facs which would need time to get back to the starting power of original ones, while EQ & Cala would just get stronger and prolly get some high lvl members. If officers of mid factions do theyr job well and can keep theyr high lvls while lower shrink the lvl gap, mid factions would grow, in time, strong enough to challenge big ones. There is the safe route and the risky one, and not every one play for competing but having fun, just explain why they would have to leave their friends behind, I myself wouldn`t leave w/o my friends in game.

But to get in the main point of this thread... Why in earth would we want TW reset? Big facs have done their work well and deserve their land, PWI has no right of flushing that work down in the toilet, even when mid facs can`t oppose those two big ones. Sorry to say, but I just see Arma as a big mid fac, not really powerful enough to be called big one, but still stronger than other mid facs. But the traffic Arma got with theyr members, only they know how strong they are and whether that is enough to be in same gap with EQ, it makes lil difference as they don`t fight EQ, they fight Cala, who is one gap higher than EQ. But getting back from side route, the problem isn`t big factions having most of the land and they would get it back, even if the reset would be done, they would just take it back. The main problem I think is the ppl, who see coins in theyr eyes while they jump from smaller/mid factions to the two big ones, taking power and getting it on the side, who already has more of it.

I don`t need lecture of other reasons leaving, I know how hard it`s to get +70 bosses done even in mid fac, let alone small one. Zhenning/TT or even RB shoudn`t be problem if you have nice ppl in friend list, you don`t have to be in same fac to do those together, though ppl love to do those inside faction, not with "outsiders" even if they are friends. I have been in the biggest side in other games(Even been leader once) and I know just how much easier everything is there when everybody knows what they are doing and have time to do it. I just think that friends are more valuable than that and I`m willing to sacrifice some comforts for them if you`re not, worth of what that friendship actually is? This is game and I actually would love ppl treating it that way, I have spent +20h online some weeks back but still, this is only a game, I have no right of not appreciating ppl, who are less on, though it may bug me sometimes.

Ps. This went way too long, hopefully somebody had time to read it and is actually considering my opinions, you have right for yours and I have right for mines. My info is some days old, logged off after last TW and haven`t logged on after that. Haven`t done dailies as I got no energy for them, been working +12h per day, today I think I was 16 hour and that may have some effect for me even writing this. I only wanted to see if anything major had happened in short time and now I spend a lot of time writing this when I could have done some dailies and asked from guildies `bout everything :S.

Pps. See you friday, gonna work only 7 hour that day, let`s keep flaming on the minimum. You can actually disagree w/o looking like a jerk, egos are only in the way of more important things :).

Edit. I`m sure I said somewhere this is nothing personal and the attitude of some ppl just got in my nerves, but with fast check couldn`t find the spot, but it seemed I had too aggressive text, didn`t mean it that way, but not gonna edit it, what is said is said. The fact that it`s 2 am and I need to wake at 8 am for work has nothing to do with my decision, lol. But yeah, the only thing I have problems is the attitude of some replys, other than that, I only tried to make my opinions known, politely, lol, maybe after 18 years of walking in the earth I can skip my irritated nerves.

say this in 1 or 2 sentences plz
    wall of text kills mizu eyes
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes tw pay. jealous on it? i wouldnt be. ( dunno if u are..) it also cost alot in charms, herbs remedies etc when having multiple wars, and tw pay is honestly not high when its shared to so many..
    Hard work. say its easy? u for sure know nothing. Leaders use alot of time planning, we'r talking many hours. members farm herbs whatever they need, its also a lot of time.
    You just see XX atatck XX faction/land in system message, and win in 10 mins. looks easy yea, but requirres alot of work before.

ppl outside doesnt rly know more than the results on map.

If i would wannt Tw money, i would join a Tw faction. I don't join gulids for coins, or to feel important because i'm in a strong gulid. I quess because i'm not 14 years old or i'm just not so crapy member as 80 % of your gulid are. Running from 1 gulid to another, which offers me the most coins or holds the most of territories. And if you cry because you must defend each week few times your territories against 4-5 times weaker gulids ( with lvl 30,40, 50...inside ) , ow im really sorry if this is so hard for you, and x millions reward for it, it's not enought for you. Probably god must step down and bless you or give you a medal for it.
    And don't need to cry if you must farm herbs or whatever, everyone doing it. If you doing it 24/7 your faul, noone force you to do it.
    Don't need to try to impress me with your '' hard work '' because i don't care about it, everyone has his hard time to get coins together ( and they don't cry ) and people as you on the top of the strongest gulid, you have for sure less problems with coins as anyone else on this server, if not - you just suck.
    Au revoir !
    edited July 2009
    Options

Whinig? we'r not whining. if anyone whining is it the guy makign the thread. Did you ever see any make a thread saying factions gets too little coin for their land? or didnt recover cost? - well i didnt. but we have to answer when unexperienced ppl make it look like we just get easy money.
    yes mostly it recover cost, but sometimes not. it will be very tight with it recoverign when other factions grow too, ppl will gety clsoer to our lvl soon. cos lvls up to 90 in fact is pretty fast. or well 85-90 is little less. but 90+ takes so long. and theres not much difference from all average 95. and all average 90. then its strategy there makes the victory, and the cost of multiple attacks will be enormous. as of now its mostly positive yes.

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If i would wannt Tw money, i would join a Tw faction. I don't join gulids for coins, or to feel important because i'm in a strong gulid. I quess because i'm not 14 years old or i'm just not so crapy member as 80 % of your gulid are.
    ok...let's say it came out wrong and is not an insult.
    Running from 1 gulid to another, which offers me the most coins or holds the most of territories. And if you cry because you must defend each week few times your territories against 4-5 times weaker gulids ( with lvl 30,40, 50...inside ) , ow im really sorry if this is so hard for you, and x millions reward for it, it's not enought for you. Probably god must step down and bless you or give you a medal for it.
    now you're being ignorant. Obviously u have no idea what TW is all about and u think that everyone just underestimates the opponent like u do. Calamity wouldn't have got this far if we were doing that. We're not doing TWs for the profit. True, now there is a profit comming out of them, more or less. But that will stop soon, as the number of fights/week will increase.
    And don't need to cry if you must farm herbs or whatever, everyone doing it. If you doing it 24/7 your faul, noone force you to do it.
    Don't need to try to impress me with your '' hard work '' because i don't care about it,
    then STFU... why u even post here in the first place if u don't care?
    everyone has his hard time to get coins together ( and they don't cry )
    yup, especially venos. Oh, I can already start crying thinking how many repair costs and MP charms u waste doing grind/zhen/RB. Clerics and Wizards can live 2h on a MP pot, Barbs have cash machines in their arses to pay after each TW the repair costs/new HP charm.
    and people as you on the top of the strongest gulid, you have for sure less problems with coins as anyone else on this server, if not - you just suck.
    Au revoir !
    yeah...bye

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok...let's say it came out wrong and is not an insult.

now you're being ignorant. Obviously u have no idea what TW is all about and u think that everyone just underestimates the opponent like u do. Calamity wouldn't have got this far if we were doing that. We're not doing TWs for the profit. True, now there is a profit comming out of them, more or less. But that will stop soon, as the number of fights/week will increase.

then STFU... why u even post here in the first place if u don't care?

yup, especially venos. Oh, I can already start crying thinking how many repair costs and MP charms u waste doing grind/zhen/RB. Clerics and Wizards can live 2h on a MP pot, Barbs have cash machines in their arses to pay after each TW the repair costs/new HP charm.

yeah...bye

You just don't get it. This topic name is not '' Calamity problems '' or anything about Calamity. But just don't try to explain me how hard it is to beat someone which is 30, 40,....lvl's bellow yours.
    '' Obviously u have no idea what TW is all about ....''
    no i don't, because they don't reset the map, and i don't wanna pay 500k, or more to fight against lvl 90's.....( it's just sarcastic and nothing else ).

The topic name is about to reset the map and not '' calamity topic '' and no i really don't care about your problems in calamity,.....because everyone has it, and you also don't care about them, so don't need to cry or act as you would be something special.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    sorry to burst your bubble ursa
    but i know quite a few people in calamity just for the money

and i also know a few people in calamity who are there to be there

:3
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    let's not make this about Calamity, although a lot of ppl here are blaming Calamity for the TW sittuation, directly or not.
    In every faction there are members that are there just for the money and a few that are there just to have that tag above their head.
    How we handle them is our own problem.
    We have also a huge majority of great players, great friends, nice ppl to talk to and have fun (b:victoryb:chuckle at least once in a life time u need to be in vent with BB, Trit and Volf in RB).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wow, this server sounds like a blassssssssssst, not. Really QQ'ing over TW lands? Come on over to HL...we take kindly to QQers.
  • Chili - Dreamweaver
    Chili - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i would like a reset like every 6 months, it sure would make tw more interesting. the rich become richer, that is absolutely true with the tw system here.
    with a reset we would probably see more guilds forming, since a few high lvls decide to take a land and get easy 10mil for beating some mobs, there also won't be people in the big guilds only for tw pay and more guilds become attaractive because of pay.
    i am in calamity and yes i get a lot of pay, it actually covers the 1 chi pot and the 5k off my hp charm i use in those 10 minute wars. lol
    i agree, a 3 hour war between big factions would cost a lot and would be lots of fun, but the problem is that it just doesn't happen.
    it's a shame that tw is so boring, it has lots of potential to be a great feature.
    b:quiet
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    we need a TW map reset badly ? ...YES v badly lol.Look at Sanctuary now !

http://files.snapmylife.com/pictures/10187095/740886.jpg?1249020582
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory