why are pve players called carebears?

Comments

• Faerune - Lost City
    Faerune - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can't believe i read through all this....

The thing is .... PVE server dwellers = CAREBEARES , period.
    it's not an insult , unless you take it as one.
    And don't fool your self thinking you know about pvp.TW and duel is no where near real pvp.I don't have the patience to describe why but just make a toon in lost city and lvl till 6x.Before that you have no right to comment.
    Wanna see real pvp ?
    come cheak out wq voll 21 at night over here.

I like the name RAGEBEARS tho....b:thanks
    and 9x blue named players freekd me out,b:shocked deleted my toon in sanctuary.

now start flaming , going to sleep.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I can't believe i read through all this....

The thing is .... PVE server dwellers = CAREBEARES , period.
    it's not an insult , unless you take it as one.
    And don't fool your self thinking you know about pvp.TW and duel is no where near real pvp.I don't have the patience to describe why but just make a toon in lost city and lvl till 6x.Before that you have no right to comment.
    Wanna see real pvp ?
    come cheak out wq voll 21 at night over here.

I like the name RAGEBEARS tho....b:thanks
    and 9x blue named players freekd me out,b:shocked deleted my toon in sanctuary.
    your a carebear, mere name colors made you **** in your pants

now start flaming , going to sleep.
    I see real carebears in my neighborhood =D they are paid to dress in black, hold handcuffs and radio, and have the authority to shoot possible dangerous pple b:chuckle I dont want to mess with a carebear b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lmao... if you guys need more drama call me...

I will sucefully create another "Dramatic" thread... this one seems now omg... more than 200 replyes only in 24 hours!!!!

Anyway... I am a Carebear.

This is my definition of Carebear:
    Pve servers Carebear:
    A person that goes pk mode (in case pve servers) and is high level... but dont kill low levels (exceptios are pinky and red names) and its white all the time. And yes I am a Carebear.

Pvp servers Carebear:
    A person that dont attack low levels (except if they are pinky or red names), it doesnt matter if is high level or low level and his name is white.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People do things in games that they can't do in real life because real life has consequences. If it didn't, you darn well know they'd do all the same **** they do in the game in real life.

Sure, but since life has consequences, then I don't

End of story. We don't live in your hypothetical world where games are REAAAAAL LIFE. This isn't the matrix.

Or is it? b:shocked
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It is official, then! PvP Server-goers will now be known as...RAGEbears!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited July 2009
    Thats too cute. Malignant narcissists sounds befitting.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    *thinks* Hmm...mm...mn...no. RAGEbears it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited July 2009
    *thinks* Hmm...mm...mn...no. RAGEbears it is.

it sounds like a teen emo toon right in the middle of their puberty D=
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't know... I kinda liked gummy bears. Could start a whole new trend! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    it sounds like a teen emo toon right in the middle of their puberty D=

Exactly. ~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Actually they are known as Q_QBEARS.

When ever something doesnt go the way they want it to they Q_Q a storm.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Actually they are known as Q_QBEARS.

When ever something doesnt go the way they want it to they Q_Q a storm.

I've only seen then RAGEQQ...but it's still RAGE'ing, since 4-letters > 2 letters.

RAGEbears still stands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how did this thread grow over 10+ pages over night...?
    edited July 2009

...because I decided to join in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    I've only seen then RAGEQQ...but it's still RAGE'ing, since 4-letters > 2 letters.

RAGEbears still stands.
    How bout...pubertybears ....................................rofl
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It could be a carebear >.>

I was talking about the topic. It's actually a troll.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
    edited July 2009
    apparently either we all have a lot to say on the subject or were just very bored. Either way here it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    How bout...pubertybears ....................................rofl

ಠ_ಠೊ

...how 'bout...you just leave the wit to me.

~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like RAEGBEAR, actually. A good intentional spelling error makes everything better.

Better agree with me or I'll QQ a storm, apparently.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited July 2009
    We tried that, but you won't keep it.

ಠ_ಠೊ

...how 'bout...you just leave the wit to me.

~.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I like RAEGBEAR, actually. A good intentional spelling error makes everything better.

Better agree with me or I'll QQ a storm, apparently.

Alright, alright...RAEGbears (that exact spelling and case) it is.

EDIT: @Brat -- What can I say...? I'ma giver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Taraleth - Lost City
    Taraleth - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People get way too worked up about this...seriously chill.

I think the primary argument from PvP servers goes like this:

Since one can always enter into PvP with anyone at anytime, there will be more PvP fights on a PvP server. I think we can all agree on this. Now, given that one is exposed to PvP more often, it follows that one will generally be more experienced at it. Notice what I did there, I said generally, not universally.

Duels are different than PvP because charms are not involved and charms change EVERYTHING (personally I feel they ruin pvp but that is another topic). There will certainly be people on PvE servers who are very talented at PvP. The point is simply that statistically a more frequent exposure to something increases one's knowledge of it.

The counterargument has been presented that such PvP as is found on the PvP servers is ganking and not skill based. Well, unfortunately PvP in this game is largely not skill based (at least compared to some), one's equipment plays too much of an essential role. That being said, there is some ganking on a PvP server, but honestly it is much more mild than it could be. It is kind of disappointing sometimes, because honestly both sides are wrong.

The pvp people claim that it is a constant battle against getting ganked, in my experience it is really not that hard of a struggle. The pve people claim that because all PvP on the server is ganking, no one get good pvp. Well this is not the case either, it is easy to infer that a pvp server will have the same level of combat as a pve server and more, since there is more opportunity to fight.

The argument is a very simple one, PvE servers will not have as much experience as a PvP server, but does this mean they are utterly incompetent and worthless at PvP? By no means, that is a deductive leap to assume, but I think it is safe to say that PvP servers have more experience at PvP than people playing PvE servers.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People get way too worked up about this...seriously chill.

I think the primary argument from PvP servers goes like this:

Since one can always enter into PvP with anyone at anytime, there will be more PvP fights on a PvP server. I think we can all agree on this. Now, given that one is exposed to PvP more often, it follows that one will generally be more experienced at it. Notice what I did there, I said generally, not universally.

Duels are different than PvP because charms are not involved and charms change EVERYTHING (personally I feel they ruin pvp but that is another topic). There will certainly be people on PvE servers who are very talented at PvP. The point is simply that statistically a more frequent exposure to something increases one's knowledge of it.

The argument is a very simple one, PvE servers will not have as much experience as a PvP server, but does this mean they are utterly incompetent and worthless at PvP? By no means, that is a deductive leap to assume, but I think it is safe to say that PvP servers have more experience at PvP than people playing PvE servers.

b:victory nice

and i agree about the charms 100%
    b:dirty
  • Sinense - Sanctuary
    Sinense - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Since one can always enter into PvP with anyone at anytime, there will be more PvP fights on a PvP server. I think we can all agree on this.

This would be true if their populations are the same. But I would not be surprised if I found out Sanctuary had a higher population of PvPers (people with red, white or pink names, or just people with red names -- either way) than Harshlands. I do not actually know which server has more PvP fights so I can not agree with you on this point.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In my experience, anything that you can regularly do, is often not done. However when you can't always do it, you do it much more often.

That would mean there is more pvp on the pve servers.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited July 2009
    While this is a good point, as much as I hate to admit it PvP servers aren't the only ones where the NON carebears sit at the secret passage waiting to pounce on unsuspecting lowbies doing their fb 29. WooHoo a lvl 90 can kill a lvl 29/30. PFFT! Plainly stated if you can't PvP at a challenge, then you aren't a PvPer. You are just a bully. Even a NON "carebear" should be able to agree with that.

This would be true if their populations are the same. But I would not be surprised if I found out Sanctuary had a higher population of PvPers (people with red, white or pink names, or just people with red names -- either way) than Harshlands. I do not actually know which server has more PvP fights so I can not agree with you on this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    In my experience, anything that you can regularly do, is often not done. However when you can't always do it, you do it much more often.

OK............
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lmao... (this thread almost went 3 page :O)

Ragebears its a good name for pvp servers players... but N00bbears would be excelent in my opinion...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just Because Our AVI says a PVE server doesn't mean we dont play the PVP servers also!!!!!b:angry You all really need to take that into consideration b4 talking about people that have a PVE character on the forums.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Taraleth - Lost City
    Taraleth - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009

This is certainly a possibility, I did not make any claims as to the quality of pvp, simply the quantity. Although your statement that "in your experience, anything you can regularly do, is often not done" is really a very subjective position that is entirely unverifiable, because if my experience were to differ from yours there would be no means to adjudicate between the two.

I am simply trying to make the general statement that statistically we can assume a greater quantity of pvp on a pvp server, which implies a greater familiarity with it. This makes one assume the quality of pvp is better, but I am not going to assert this since I think it is unverifiable (although I think as a GENERAL statement it may prove true).

I think it is much more likely that more pvp occurs on a pvp server than a pve server because it is more easily accessible and a pvp server may select a population that wants to engage in pvp more. These are all arguments for quantity not quality. While I am not saying anything with absolute certainty, this entire thread is based upon generalizations, and, as I see it, this is at the heart of the argument.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that there is more pvp on a pvp server, it is rather common sense I think. Whether this leads to better qualitative pvp is an empirical observation that everyone bases upon personal experience, and thus has no common ground for argument other than ad hominem attacks.