My Rare Pet Camping Guide

Comments

• Sayuuka - Heavens Tear
    Sayuuka - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I really appriciate your guide, it's great for Venos.. But what can a Cleric who doesn't have much coins do to get a Baby Tabby? Would someone please help me? ^^"
    I can't catch a Tabby, and can't afford to buy 5 of them with these prices.. Truth is I don't know what else to do, and I've wanted one for so long.. Ever since I realized you can tame one of "Plume Cats"..
  • ItzPaine - Lost City
    ItzPaine - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So are those coordinates correct for every server because I'm on a different server and also do those pets have higher stats than normal creatures because I plan on catching that frog personally seems how I'm a low level.

Edit:NM about the stats I checked out the other thread and it has a link to all pets stats but I still need to know about the coordinates.
    XBOX Live Gamertag:VincentV4Gaara
    MySpace URL:myspace.com/thomashoyt
    MySpace Account Name:T Rated
  • Insergapwn - Harshlands
    Insergapwn - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So are those coordinates correct for every server because I'm on a different server and also do those pets have higher stats than normal creatures because I plan on catching that frog personally seems how I'm a low level.

Edit:NM about the stats I checked out the other thread and it has a link to all pets stats but I still need to know about the coordinates.

The co-ords are universal for all servers, the respawn duration times will still be 12hours for all servers however the actual times the mobs spawn will be different depending on when they were killed. You could spend half a day (12 hours) sitting at a spawn waiting for it to appear and it will appear but it depends if you want to waste those 12 hours doing that and can be at your PC for all of the 12 hours because it only takes a minute to get the mob so someone could come along and ninja it from you if happen to go get a drink or go to the toilet
  • ItzPaine - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    How many frogs appear generally when the mob spawns? Also do I have to be level 9 in order to catch one seems how your pet can't be a higher level than you?
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    only 1 appears and you have to be the same level as the pet you're trying to tame or higher.
  • ItzPaine - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    All right thank you for the help luckily I'm a high enough level now.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    OceIot is a dude btw his name i jason. hes an alien from my shool. ROFL
  • KumixItou - Harshlands
    KumixItou - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Shaudo Cub-Lvl 20 (Little white polar bear)
    Coordinates-200,452 and 288, 458

Just change the first set of coords to "201, 451" and you'll be even closer to where is spawns ^^ I'm not so sure about the other since this is the only place I go for the cub.
  • lilhobo
    lilhobo Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi guys Just curious if anyone know the time for either of the little polar bears? I am sure some people have it down to a que and are out there before:). Anyways I just started a Veno a couple days ago and I am new to PWI and I think the bear is the cutest thing :). So i hope I can get one for a pet. and thank you very much for the guide! very helpful
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lilhobo wrote: »
    Hi guys Just curious if anyone know the time for either of the little polar bears? I am sure some people have it down to a que and are out there before:). Anyways I just started a Veno a couple days ago and I am new to PWI and I think the bear is the cutest thing :). So i hope I can get one for a pet. and thank you very much for the guide! very helpful

I usually camp the rare pet spawns from 730 central til about 830 central the first day when i don't know the exact time. I try not to move in case i miss it but you can usually tell the time when you see a number of venos clustering around you or the area. After you find the time of the pet, I go there the next day to catch it. There is an apothecary item called Crimson Blood Powder, its a lvl 2 apothecary item that 'increases attack rate and channeling speed by 15% for the next 15 seconds' but you can be hit for more during that time. I would recommend checking out the nearby veno's gear for -channeling and decide for yourself to use it or not. And the bear is lvl 20, so if you are on a pvp server its good to be blue named, although i havent recently fought for a rare pet spawn before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • kat309
    kat309 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hello, can anyone help me get a tabby plumdrop or two? I want one, and I also want to get one for my friend as a surprise. I'm on Heaven's Tear too. Thanks

Edit: My username is x_Kat_x. You can also pm Lunar_Kat. thank you! :3
  • O_oSakurao_O - Heavens Tear
    O_oSakurao_O - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    can someone help me with the windwalking piggy~ <3b:dirty

One of the reasons I played PWI was for this pig, and I only learned of grinding at lvl 30 (I usually just do quests) SO PLEASE help me. I managed to come once, but a person named Izzy got the pig, and my friend says she always gets the pig. T-T

But I want it so badly!!! b:cry
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I tried to tame Tabby Plumdrop when I was lvl 40 or so...
    Got tired of waiting and bought it cheap (450k).
    Now I'm back to taming and made few all class Snow Hares for guildies and tamed a kowlin. Atm I'm camping Frog spawn to get an all class frog for a friend.

Me and my veno squad used to hang out around snow hare spawn all the time. Basically what we did was, one of us send their pet (rare pet preferable, cause this way you can get used to the speed and size of rare pets) to a mob, and we all tried to tame the mob. So that ended up as a graveyard full of useless pet eggs. Anyways what I'm trying to tell, is watch the other veno's pets. When they start moving, the rare probably spawned.

Edit:
    The tabby (Now called Baileys) Is doing fine btw ^^
    Full loyalty, lvl 72 and still my main pet
    Altho I am saving up for a herc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SassiAngel - Heavens Tear
    SassiAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's people like that who make me sick. I wish there was a way to make them pay for being so unethical with the rare pets.

Yup i agree. I showed up there with a friend of mine who has always wanted the kitty and we sat there for over 2 hours waiting only to have someone else snatch it from under us to go sell in Arch wtf ! It my belief first come first serve. Meaning if someone is already there waiting then move on sucker u can come back for the next one! And anyhow selling them because you can while knowing full well someone there is waiting for it as a pet is total BS. Truth be told yeah i cussed at them but hell i was mad after sitting there waiting for over 2 hours only to have someone beat me out that showed up after me only to sell the pet :( Unfortunately if im ever to get a kitty ima have to deal with this **** more than once or buy it and its not like i have the funds:( SO yeah Valdea im on your side on this note :)
  • DeadlyCobra - Harshlands
    DeadlyCobra - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi i am DeadlyCobra and i am a human actually lvl 26...b:victory if i am a human i can wear a shaudo-cub and if i can ...can some1 tame one for me? i know where it spawns
  • KumixItou - Harshlands
    KumixItou - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've lost track of the cubs spawn time which I posted a correction for earlier </3 it started to move forward 10-15mins almost each day and then I got into trouble so I just completely lost the time. But a friend of my, a fellow guildy, let me help her try to tame a tabby I punched it a few times but a lvl65+ veno tamed before she even realized it was the right time to tame. I missed the respawn time though this morning but I plan on trying to figure out the cubs time again <3

Heh, it's my fav since my bf (now in-game husband) gave me one as a gift. But for now I'll camp the piggy since it is rare for my server xD

I'll keep the first and possibly make an all class one and give it to someone in the guild or sell it for some coin for my skills. :3
  • Look_its_BB - Harshlands
    Look_its_BB - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what does he mean by "all class baby pets"? is it the egg or what? confused. and why we need like 5 snowhare eggs to get that thing?
  • neshama
    neshama Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hello, well I'm new to pwi, I'm on dreamweaver server, I'd like to know the day and time of weekly maintenance so I can try figure it spawn times in my time zone, I live in Israel so its a bit off the times that were mentioned b:chuckle btw, this pw version seems very similar to the malysian one apart from the pets names, cords are the same as well, if I'm correct, I can to add a few cords to treefrogs, one would be in dribbling spring at 198.514 second one would be at the broken bridge at 239,550 it runs towards the cords that are already given in this thread, 3rd and last one is at broken bridge village at 246,568 it runs towards desert of echos. I will check these cords out and confirm as soon as I figure out the correct times b:chuckle I'm not gona spend 12 hours camping, haven't done so in 2 years why start now b:laugh
  • neshama
    neshama Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh, about the baby pets... don't be confused, its a showdisplay pet only, all classes can have one, it wont attack just follow them around as a part of their cloths, its just to feel "pretty" I guess. now, since other classes cannot tame, or use a battle pet, this is where a wf can make money, tame 5 of same rare pet, cub for example, though treefrogs need 8, got to an npc in adc north (sorry names are the same so I don't want to give a wrong one), choose combine pet, pay the fee, and walla, you got a baby pet for a non wf friend or to sell and make profit.

correction, for a baby Shaudo Cub, you will need 2 Shaudo Cub lvl 20 and 2 Armored Bear lvl 80.
  • Seanon - Dreamweaver
    Seanon - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ha ha ha! well I guess the cords I wrote for frog were either known or ppl read it really fast lol 2 frogs tamed 1 killed by gaurd b:chuckle
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what does he mean by "all class baby pets"? is it the egg or what? confused. and why we need like 5 snowhare eggs to get that thing?

A baby pet is a pet that can be used by any class, but does not attack or attract aggro. I'm pretty sure it can't be attacked. It's just there to look pretty and make it hard to click and select the owner in pvp and tw
  • Bellanessa - Sanctuary
    Bellanessa - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I need to know exactly what time the Tabby Plumdrop appears, because I am absolutely helpless. Cats are my absolute FAVORITE living thing EVER and I just can't find what time.
  • dddizzy
    dddizzy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    can u tell me some more cordinates for the snowhare?? plz!!
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    95, 810
    This is a 12 hour spawn.
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Koiama - Sanctuary
    Koiama - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have tried and tried to capture the frog, but it has only spawned for me when i was on my low veno that couldnt tame it... Now my veno is high enough and i have used my 73 veno, but it dosent spawn. I wait and wait and wait, today from 12pm to 830 pm central i sat and waited... nothing. Can someone help me please. I cant sit and wait all day, i get so bored and then if i walk away i am afraid i will miss it >.< wut is a veno to do?
  • sunshine55
    sunshine55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thanks a lot for telling us when to camp and how is the best way to tame rare. But my problem is that I can try to tame rares only on weekends - saturday and sunday, because of time difference! So that is really bad thing for venos from other paces that we can't try to tame them. b:shocked
    I don't know how the time is set on pw- i bet it suits Americans( probably) ... lol don't know... but for a lot of us (like me) which have time zone central time (GMT+01:00) it's hard to even find out when they respawn.
    Well I found about Pig and Kitty and respawning is when I'm at work b:cry
    So at weekends when those did resp all those high level venos catch it!
    It's not fair!!!!! I'll just b:surrender
  • kwia
    kwia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    shes right i went to the cord. and i found a baby snow hare but they took it

now im trying to get a baby plumdrop but i can never find it b:cry

hopefully one day ill get it
  • Time_Lord - Harshlands
    Time_Lord - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone know if these coordinates apply to all servers or just heavens tear?
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone know if these coordinates apply to all servers or just heavens tear?

All servers.

I wish OceIot would update this guide, or something, because we have way too many people here asking the same questions.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear
    DarkDeciever - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Do all rares spawn at the same times? If not could anyone give any pointers to when they do? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life's a bish, so live her right, Maybe someday she'll treat you nice. b:mischievousb:victory
This discussion has been closed.