My Rare Pet Camping Guide

Comments

• dragob5
    dragob5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok so im on sanctuary and wondering if any1 is willing to help me get shadou cub ive wanted him so long and am a terrible money grinder so please if any1 is listening and on sanctuary are you willing to help me b:beg. ty for help and i will b on whenever they finish the server update.b:thanks
  • Werian - Sanctuary
    Werian - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    b:surrender only rare one i have tamed is snow hare and it was around 1k streams (my usual grinding spot). Im never online at spawn times and cant even come to play at those times.
    ~I'm standing in shadows looking how new heroes to rise and how old ones fall like me, long forgotten, waiting people to remember them. If only I would have strength to rise again~
  • Angellana - Heavens Tear
    Angellana - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i want a puppy so bad b:dirty. but i never know the rite time b:sad isnt it a good idea for the Perfect world website to have a clock that tells the spawning time for all rare pets?? that way no 1 would be late for a spawning and no 1 would have 2 camp out ever again. b:laugh
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The problem with that is everyone will flood the rare pet spawn site.
    It's a bunny :O
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Glamourness - Sanctuary
    Glamourness - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I got a question does the rare pet appear at both points
    Thx Forsakenx for this awesome sig

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The problem with that is everyone will flood the rare pet spawn site.

don't they kind of do that anyways though?
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    don't they kind of do that anyways though?

No, I camped Shaodu a couple times and it was only 20 or so. It would be like an event with a timer.
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I got a question does the rare pet appear at both points

Which rare pet? Most of them have two points I believe.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
    edited April 2009
    The Tabby and the Shadou Cub because me and my sister are going to each spawn point to get one, people who kill the pet once they can't catch it suck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kkgirl
    kkgirl Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i was just at the kitty spawn site on heavens tear like 30mins ago and someone got the kitty before me and my friend could. then they siad, 'oh and if you want the kitty find me in arch with 400k'
  • kkgirl
    kkgirl Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it made me really mad and sad T^T
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    400k is a steal for a tabby on HT. Usually it goes for 850k.
  • littlemoya
    littlemoya Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    nice guide, I am new to this rare pet hunting, so I will try it out, thanks for the infob:pleased
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    The Tabby and the Shadou Cub because me and my sister are going to each spawn point to get one, people who kill the pet once they can't catch it suck.

I'm 100% sure that the shadou cub has 2 spawn points, not so sure about the tabby seeing as I only camp one point.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    kkgirl wrote: »
    i was just at the kitty spawn site on heavens tear like 30mins ago and someone got the kitty before me and my friend could. then they siad, 'oh and if you want the kitty find me in arch with 400k'

It's people like that who make me sick. I wish there was a way to make them pay for being so unethical with the rare pets.
    edited April 2009
    Can anybody get me a tabby in Sanctuary??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I don't play Sanctuary b:surrender sorry
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • _meiko_ - Sanctuary
    _meiko_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I was just wondering if any of these pets are actually good? or if they're just rare because I've heard quite a lot about the Crystaline and Volcanic golems being the "best tanks" but I was just wondering which rare pet or pets are the best Tank/Damage Dealing pets. I'm sorry if this seems a bit off topic but I figured you'd know seeing as you seem to already have an extensive knowledge regarding pets. Thank you in advance.

-meiko
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think the pig is the best air tank. it has nice p/mdef. my lvl 51 pig is tanking lv 69 mobs atm, the only problem is holding aggro because I didn't upgrade the skills yet >.>

the shaodu cub and from seem to be good too, but I never had them so I can't tell. kowlin is pretty fast, so good for pulling.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I've tested out the theory about the three spawn points near 1k Streams for the snow hare. So far, the only one that works is the one closest to 1k streams. The other two points either are fake, or they don't all spawn at the same time, even if they all do spawn in 12 hours. Since I've only checked around the time where most rare pets spawn (around 7-9 pm EST), I can't really say for sure for the snow hares. Only the one closest 1k spawns the same time as the rare pets.

In any case, if the other two spawn points for the snowhare are true, then they spawn in different times than the other rare pet spawns.

Also, I've checked the two cuddly pup spawn points. One of them is fake, or like the snow hare, spawns in a different time than the other cuddly pup point. Haven't checked the tabby points yet. I don't really like cats. =/
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I don't know the coords, but the tabby spawns at sparrowmark and the hill.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Iristine - Heavens Tear
    Iristine - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    anyone have cords and lvls of 9 tails fox or faries?
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Well, the butterfly is lvl 80, the nine tails is lvl 85 I believe. I don't know the cords of the nine tails, but the butterfly is at 614, 388 according to ecatomb.net.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Foxy_Star - Harshlands
    Foxy_Star - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I did give you a general time though b:sad . It is in the P.S note. Now if you want to camp rare pets and you manage to catch one of them wouldn't you want to try to catch it again knowing that you can? I give rare pets to guildies, but I mainly catch rare pets just for the fun of it. It gives me this weird kind of feeling, know what I mean b:chuckle?

I totally get this feeling as well. my heart starts beating and my hands shake. its such a rush. and my adrenaline goes though the roof.

o and some questions. why do some servers have things so high in price. is it because there are more people so your chances are lower to obtaining it. and is there any way yo change servers? not that i want to, but someday i might.
    Live, Laugh, Love. b:victory
  • Raikuakiobld - Heavens Tear
    Raikuakiobld - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    When is the Tabby spawn today?
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I totally get this feeling as well. my heart starts beating and my hands shake. its such a rush. and my adrenaline goes though the roof.

o and some questions. why do some servers have things so high in price. is it because there are more people so your chances are lower to obtaining it. and is there any way yo change servers? not that i want to, but someday i might.

That is exactly the feeling I get b:pleased
    There is no character transfer as of yet, may be implemented, but I doubt it. The prices might be high because its only a few people actually getting the tame each time so it becomes even more rare kinda like a monopoly.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a fun story to tell.

I was camping a kitty spawn, right? Well, I thought it'd be another few hours before the damn thing showed up so I stow my pet, go afk to watch some TV. I come back few hours later, and I'm greeted with gray screen and "You were killed by Tabby Plumdrop"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    I have a fun story to tell.

I was camping a kitty spawn, right? Well, I thought it'd be another few hours before the damn thing showed up so I stow my pet, go afk to watch some TV. I come back few hours later, and I'm greeted with gray screen and "You were killed by Tabby Plumdrop"

ROFL b:laugh
    That must have ticked you off ^^
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    anyone have cords and lvls of 9 tails fox or faries?
    Those are regular mobs, not rares.

Fox: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7083
    Butterfly/fairy: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/7023
    why do some servers have things so high in price. is it because there are more people so your chances are lower to obtaining it. and is there any way yo change servers? not that i want to, but someday i might.
    Market prices are dictated by supply and demand. If there's less supply (e.g. people keep killing the rare while trying to tame it), the price will go up. if there's more demand (more people, or people are richer), the price will go up. Contrary to most buyers' thinking, the seller does not control the price. If the seller prices it too high, nobody buys, and the seller ends up with a bunch of eggs taking up space. Competing sellers drive prices down, competing buyers drive prices up. Where the two meet is the market price.

I've gotten two cubs with no channeling gear nor powder. I almost got it yesterday (was passing the area around spawn time) with just -3% channel. So don't lose heart. Keep at it. If you give in and buy the rare, you add to the demand, which just drives up prices more.
    "You were killed by Tabby Plumdrop"
    LOL. Thanks for sharing.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ROFL b:laugh
    That must have ticked you off ^^

My rage could have been compared to all the QQing about Nix with Flesh Ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
This discussion has been closed.