My Rare Pet Camping Guide

Oceiot - Heavens Tear
Oceiot - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Hi, I'm Oceiot from Heaven's Tear server and this is for all the people out there who wonder how some people can catch a pet in less then 4 seconds. I can't say I'm the best rare pet catcher, but I am pretty decent (I think)

Anyways lets start with, What are rare pets?
Rare pets are mobs that spawn every 12 hours. So if you tamed a rare pet like a Tabby Plumdrop at 7:58 AM, then it will respawn at 7:58 PM. An exception to this rule is the snowhare. It respawns every hour (Not exactly an hour though) Most venomancers will tell you that a snowhare respawns at every hour, they are WRONG. I was camping snowhares and I brought a stopwatch with me. The snowhare actually respawns every hour and 10 seconds (Doesn't make a big difference though, thought you might want to know) Also, the time is reset every time there is a maintenance or when the server shuts down IE: Daylight savings time they shut the server down to move the clock forward, now the rare pets will spawn 5 hours after they shut it down, same with the maintenance, if the maintenance ends at 3, the mob will spawn at 8.

Now, onto the second question; What pets are counted as rare, and where do they spawn?
Shaudo Cub-Lvl 20 (Little white polar bear)
Coordinates-200,452 and 288, 458
Tabby Plumdrop-Lvl 20 (Little brown cat)
Coordinates-362, 690 and 397, 691
Windwalking Piggy-Lvl 30 (Pig that flys with its enormously huge ears)
Coordinates-400, 642 Altitude 34
SnowHare-Lvl 20 (Little white bunny)
Coordinates-500, 1007 and 469, 921
TreeFrog-Lvl 9 (Medium sized green frog)
240, 555 and 196, 513
Cuddly Pup-Lvl 40 (Small brown dog)
315, 753 and 299, 764
Kowlin-Lvl 60 (The big panther wearing armor)
462, 427
Armored Bear-Lvl 80 (The big polar bear wearing armor)
672, 633
Now, I'm not saying that these rare pets will spawn EXACTLY on these coordinates, but the will be spawning around them. Just look in the direction of these points and when the mob spawns it will be on your screen , might be just a little off though. If I'm wrong about any of these cords, please correct me and don't beat me up b:beatup

Question 3a, How do I make all class baby pets?
Simple, go to Mrs. Zoologist at the very South-East of archosaur (There is another Zoologist, but he's underwater on the east side of archosaur, South-East of the boatman). Talk to her and she will have many options. Learn pet skills, forget pet skills, buy pet skills, etc. etc. Now I forgot which option it was, but it should bring you to a screen with a bunch of pets. Click on one of them IE: the snowhare. On the bottom it will have a picture of an egg and thats a snowhare egg. You will need 5 of these+100k to make a baby snowhare. 8 Frog eggs for the frog, 10 for the tabby, 2 shaudo and 2 armored for a cub etc.

Question 3b, What do all class baby pets so?
These pets are for every class. Unfortunately, the pets don't attack or help you in any way. In a sense, it is a status symbol, if someone has a baby cub then you know they are rich, or they have rich friends. You don't have to feed these pets either. There is one reason someone might have a baby elysium fowl, and that is they are TWing and they want their fowls to hide them so the enemy can't target them.

On to question 4, How do those people channel so FAST?!?
Well, the answer is Windrage Incense. It's a LvL 45 powder/herb/pot/Whatever it is. You make this with the level 3 apothecary skill. The herbs you will need are Fleece-Flower Root and Elecampane. The amount you need are 20 Fleece-Flower Root and 15 Elecampane. Elecampane has a Lvl 20 requisite to harvest while Fleece-Flower Root has a Lvl 40 requisite.
So, what those Windrage Incense do anyway? It decreases your channeling speed by 1/2 for 5 seconds. When these venomancers use them, a blue light surrounds them. If you see this happen, but there is no mob, you are looking in the wrong direction, Turn your screen and you will see the mob.
Also, some other items that may be used are -3% or -6% or -9% channeling gear. These only appear on items with the blue names, and it is very rare. Costs around 100k-300k for a -3% and millions for -6% and -9% gear. These bonuses will only appear on Weapons, Sleeves, Rings, Necklaces, and Belts. There is an exception however. Someone may have rank IV and they have robe of the mirage master I believe. It gives the wearer -3% or -6% can't remember >.<, but you need 5k rep so don't count on getting it anytime soon.

Question 5, "How do I find out rare pet spawn times without having to wait hours on end?"
This is easy, but it only works if there is a server maintenance. We all know that every rare pet spawns 5 hours after a server maintenance is completed and 12 hours after it is caught/killed. So, when the GMs post a thread onto the general discussion forum saying there will be server maintenance tonight, then you can easily find out the time tomorrow. The next day, after maintenance is done, go and read the thread. Look for a post made by either Xarfox or eatwithspoons, and check what time that post was made. The post you are looking for should say something like: "Server maintenance is complete." Now the time that the post was made should be on the top, like this post says "My Rare Pet Camping Guide - 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM". You should look for a time like that. Now you know what time the servers came back up ^^. Hurray! just add 5 hours onto the post time, IE: The post time is 01:18 AM or something like that. Add 5 hours so it is 06:18 AM and you have the rare pet spawn time. Remember posts are always made in server time, which is PST. Go to the homepage on the PW site and there is a clock on the right side. That is the server time. Add or subtract your current time and find out what your time is compared to server time, like 8pm here is 5pm server time. Apply that to the post time 06:18 AM (I'm doing this in EST) and the spawn time should be 09:18 AM, BUT you should assume that Xarfox/eatwithspoons didn't post it on the exact time that the server came up. Head to the spawn point 15 minutes earlier just in case. So now the time you should be at a spawn point is 09:03 AM.

Another FAQ: "Are these cords for all the servers, do all pets spawn at the same time?"
The answer to your questions are yes. The cords apply to all the servers, all rare pets spawn at the same time even though DW and HL are EST while LC HT and Sanc are PST.

Here are some helpful tips to catch rare pets.
To catch a rare pet it is all about your reflex and luck. I put my Windraged Incense on 3 and my tame pet on 5. I suggest you zoom out the most you can, so you have a larger field of vision. If you have a 16 inch laptop like I do, that is an advantage too. Also, if you think your hotkeys are too big and are getting in your way, Hold alt and click "H". Now when you see the mob (let's use a Shaudo Cub) click 3. Hold shift so you can click past all the other venomancers who may be blocking the Shaudo Cub, click the shaudo cub and click 5. if you didnt see any other venomancers glow blue, then you probably got it first. Now, whoever is dealing damage to the Shaudo Cub, will see it, and their pet will hit it once or twice, by then it should have less then half life. This greatly improves your chance. Your Tame should finish and Congratz, the cub is yours. However, If you do happen to see it first, but it spawned far away from you, your character will have to run towards the cub which will cause you to lose a lot of time. By then the veno that is closest to it will begin casting and it will be theirs. Catching a rare pet is about luck and reflex.
Second scenario; there is no venomancer to deal damage upon the cub. Call your pet, move onto the coordinate IE: 200, 452 and click the hold button for your pet. Now run back to wherever you think is a good spot to see everything. Put your pet on auto attack, the picture with eyes and a mouth that is open, and wait for the cub to spawn. When it spawns, click 3, hold shift, click the cub, then press 5. Your pet will auto attack it, and when you finish casting, your pet should nearly have killed it and it will be yours (unless someone tamed before you)

Now, this is the snowhare catching part of my guide.
Forget what I said about everything being reflex and luck. With the snowhare if you click to fast you will fail because the snowhare won't be weakened thoroughly yet (Unless your using a 40+ damage dealer) try to ask for the damage dealing pets Lvl and if it below lvl 30, try to tame the snowhare second. If it is above Lvl 38, try to tame it first. While catching snowhares, NO ONE emphasis on the NO ONE, will be using channeling powder/herbs/whatever you call it. It will be a waste of a Windraged Incense if you were to use it on a snowhare. They may have -3% channeling gear, but thats about it. If you are Lvl 40 and you have a Lvl 40 snowhare/cub/frog/tabby this will be EXTREMELY easy for you. You don't have to hold your pet, and tell every veno there that your pet will deal the damage, Put your pet on automatic attack, and go right in front of the coordinate point. IE: You are catching the bunny at 500, 1007, stand directly next to it (I like standing on the west side and look eastward). Now when the snowhare appears, theres not likely going to be too much competition so, no need to hold shift. Click the snowhare and click tame as fast as you can. If you miss the first click spam it until you see the snowhare health bar on the top of your screen. Now click tame. Your pet will automatically attack and if it is Lvl 40 like I told you to have it, the hare will have about a cm of life left. This greatly increases your chance of taming and it will be yours. I have caught 26 snowhares in 3 days, using this strategy ^.^ Well I hope you like this guide, Leave any corrections and what not for me b:victory b:bye.

This guide was last updated on 08-08-09

P.S. This guide will probably never get updated again because I quit and moved on to another game. It was really fun while it lasted PW, have a good one.
It's a bunny :O
./)_/)
(>'.'<)
((")("))
Post edited by Oceiot - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Most venomancers will tell you that a snowhare respawns at every hour, they are WRONG. I was camping snowhares and I brought a stopwatch with me. The snowhare actually respawns every hour and 10 seconds (Doesn't make a big difference though, thought you might want to know).
    Actually, this is true of all the rares I've timed. I think what's going on is the server doesn't check every second to see which mobs it should spawn, it probably checks every 10-15 seconds to lower the load on the server's CPU. So the respawn time can fall anywhere from exactly 1 hr (or 12 hrs) to 1 hr + 15 sec (the longest I've seen so far).
    Now this is where my guide really begins. To catch a rare pet it is all about your reflex. I put my Windraged Incense on 3 and my tame pet on 5. I suggest you zoom out the most you can, so you have a larger field of vision.
    IMHO by far the most important factor is how quickly you can target the rare when it spawns. I've captured 2 cubs and 2 pigs, and come damn close to catching 4-5 more. I did that without any channeling gear and no powders. At the last cub spawn I went to, three of the big rare farmers on HT were all there. I just targeted the cub faster than them and would've beaten them all, except my tame failed. The cub was killed immediately after, and my tame was the only one which finished casting.

So if you want my advice, the best thing you can do to improve your chances is to practice clicking on a moving target. Try to click on players as they run around the city. If you're grinding at a spot where you know the time and places where mobs will respawn, try to see how quickly you can click on the mob after it respawns.
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Doing this will put you at an disadvantage seeing as you take 7 seconds to tame while venos with windraged incense take 4 seconds
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
    edited March 2009
    Doing this will put you at an disadvantage seeing as you take 7 seconds to tame while venos with windraged incense take 4 seconds

They are not mutually exclusive. You can do both. I'm just emphasizing that being able to target quickly is also very important.
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I have to agree with you it is b:surrender, but if the mob spawns on the other side and you have to run to start taming you most likely won't get it.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have the same coords for all pets, but does the pup really have two spawn points? the coords you have are pretty close together. have you checked them?
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    No b:surrender , but I plan on doing it soon when I get bored of camping the Shaudo Cub
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • foelies
    foelies Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think its wrong becouse i
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Because you?
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Thyra - Sanctuary
    Thyra - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    just because...seems she forgot. I know that the pup spawn point close to the highlevel wolvethingys is right, tho the little one seems to love running around that place for ages. But... did you ever saw that Snow Hare at 1k Streams too? Dunno if that wabbit is supposed to be there...Oo' I flew around, gathered herbs.. and suddenly a cute little level 20 hare passed by, between all those 80+ mobs. Was quite...strange *g
  • Valdea - Dreamweaver
    Valdea - Dreamweaver Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I think it is wrong to camp out rare pet spots if you're taming them just to sell them. It makes it very annoying for people who want them as pets, have the ability to tame them, but get beaten out by high leveled campers who want the pet only to sell. b:angry

What this guide needs is some indication of general times for pet spawns, 12 hours is a long time to camp out just to find out when the thing appears.
  • Ladyselene - Heavens Tear
    Ladyselene - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as far as i am aware pup only has 1 spawn, and i also think its wrong to be getting rares just to sell. i go for rares for myself or if friends need them i get them one. i wont ever sell them
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/x549ac.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Friends are like stars, you dont have to see them to know they are there

We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them friends instead

Friends are the roses of life: pick them carefully and avoid the thorns
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I do believe that there are 3 other snowhare spawns near 1k streams (or at least that's what someone told me. However, I think these spawns are 12 hour long b:surrender
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I did give you a general time though b:sad . It is in the P.S note. Now if you want to camp rare pets and you manage to catch one of them wouldn't you want to try to catch it again knowing that you can? I give rare pets to guildies, but I mainly catch rare pets just for the fun of it. It gives me this wierd kind of feeling, know what I mean b:chuckle?
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • fennelleaf
    fennelleaf Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    That is weird....level 20 in 80 mobs 0,..,0

I'm level 18 so I cant get most rare pets yet. I really want one though. Just to show off to my friend :)
  • connord
    connord Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I did give you a general time though b:sad . It is in the P.S note. Now if you want to camp rare pets and you manage to catch one of them wouldn't you want to try to catch it again knowing that you can? I give rare pets to guildies, but I mainly catch rare pets just for the fun of it. It gives me this wierd kind of feeling, know what I mean b:chuckle?

What guild are you in???? b:chuckle
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I'm in WhiteFang b:victory
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
    edited March 2009
    I'm in WhiteFang b:victory

LOL - why's your name show up as Ocelot in the guild roster? Or did I not look at it closely enough? My veno is Tiessa (also in WhiteFang).
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Oh because a capital I is the same as a lower case L in PW b:thanks and hi
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    as far as i am aware pup only has 1 spawn, and i also think its wrong to be getting rares just to sell. i go for rares for myself or if friends need them i get them one. i wont ever sell them

I agree with you. I've seen many times where, someone with a cub already will camp the site, tame another, and turn to sell it. Its irritating, because I've had several friends ask me to help them tame one, and we all get beat by someone with channeling gear, who has one already.

I will admit, I have camped the sites for the Shaodu, because I have been asked by friends to tame them one. None of which I was going to make a profit off of. I have been trying on Dreamweaver as well, for the cub and Kitty spawns, but those who have them, insist on getting more than one. Though they claim its for their guild mates. But the proof is in the cat shops in Arch.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    It's not that hard to beat people with channeling gear, I caught two cubs without any, just some windraged incense b:laugh
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver
    _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I notice you have two spawn points listed for Tabby Plumdrop. I wanted to know if you knew which one was better to camp at?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    >_<

I was going to my first rare pet hunt today, so I went to the 1h respawn snow hare spot.. Was standing there for 10min and there it is just in front of me so my pet attacks, i tame.. and bam it's dead... :( (Was using lvl 40 pinnaear, it had less attack than lvl 42 frog). So I was so sad, waiting an other hour.. running around learning to tame without killing it. So the time for respawn comes, no veno around so I think i might just as well take it safely... I remove my weap I think I'll do just one attack and then tame (after trying it on mobs around).. And what happens, the pet is weak. And I get its hp really low but then my veno wants to do an other attack and I kepp pressing ESC and bam it's dead again... b:cry b:cryb:cry
    Im a lousy veno and pet tamer... and a shame for whole veno class.. My confidence just went down to -100...
    *Semi retired*
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Don't feel bad b:cry . Everyone has a first time for everything, next time just try to weaken the snowhare down to half life, it'll still be catchable and you don't have to worry about it dying.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I notice you have two spawn points listed for Tabby Plumdrop. I wanted to know if you knew which one was better to camp at?

362, 690 is the one I would camp at.
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver
    _amaranth_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    362, 690 is the one I would camp at.

ok thx b:thanks
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    i would like to hate you now. most veno in my server are stupid enough that they never figure out how to increase channeling... thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oceiot - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    b:laugh, Looks like I did my job b:victory
    ./)_/)
    (>'.'<)
    ((")("))
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    someone needs to tell this to the mail box system-ive tried mailing you things before, and it never works! :P
    Oh because a capital I is the same as a lower case L in PW b:thanks and hi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Elfy_wam - Lost City
    Elfy_wam - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I like the rare pet hunting in lost city only because my 4x veno out tames all the other venos. Even the 9x's is so fun to mess with ppl that out tame you. So i messed with them made a guild called TSer(TameStealer) it to make alll the poor hunters feel bad because i dont hunt for money only for fun and helping other friend get all class pets and other venos in my guild some pets ^^b:laugh
  • Rawrmuse - Heavens Tear
    Rawrmuse - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok so im a lvl 42 veno on heavens tear server...i was hopeing that somone from the same server(a veno) could help me get a kitty!the kitty is my dream sicen i was lvl 3 or so,since i first heard of itb:cry its to expensive and to tame is hard cuz im not that lucky....if there is somone kind enough to help me i would appreciate it!b:thanks if so..my chars name is RawrMuse. when im onn send me a friend request or something^^goodbye.
This discussion has been closed.