Legendary and Nefarious

Comments

• LestWeDie - Harshlands
    LestWeDie - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm think she was addressing how most of the people in nef and LD are joining for the money instead of having to work hard in hopeless battles against them just to get a fraction of what they get. I don't think she was excluding that they joined in the first place just for the cash.

Or rather...they join for the high lvl benefits plus the fact that said guilds already have all the territory they could ever nee,d its basically free coin.

Which, in all honesty, means that the lesser guilds that TRY to get where Nef and LD are today have to work 10x as hard as said guilds because they're getting most of the high levels that are just fishing for quick coin
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol, let's just say most people join the big two for benefits, coin or access. Since they're the only ones having access to highest lvl content and $$$, it's almost a rite of passage that anyone who reaches 85-90 apply to either of them. Some high level ppl eventually leave, but there are few 90+s who haven't applied to either one.

They are the doorkeepers. Upcoming guilds have most of their high levels leeched. Nef actively solicit and recruit known high lvls from other guilds. Leg might have been doing the same, but if they are, they're much more discreet. The big two stems growth of later guilds. Regicide have been recruiting all the stubborn people left in Sanctuary, fight against a system stacked against them, with no real success.

On another note, Nef comes to ks our world boss every time. We've always ceded it to them. Sometimes they would not even bother to get their own tank, and just ks while our barb tanks. So when we withdrew and our barb leaves last, the wb would rampage around killing all the Nef ksers. It's kind of funny. They would qq, but hey, why would we provide the cost of tanking while they pick the loot? At least put up your own tank if you want to ks wb.
  • LestWeDie - Harshlands
    LestWeDie - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    On another note, Nef comes to pk our world boss every time. We've always ceded it to them. Sometimes they would not even bother to get their own tank, and just pk while our barb tanks. So when we withdrew and our barb leaves last, the wb would rampage around killing all the Nef pkers. It's kind of funny. They would qq, but hey, why would we provide the cost of tanking while they pick the loot? At least put up your own tank if you want to pk wb.

You mean KS?
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im in there for the free tele to my last wq spot b:quiet
  • PELZwife - Sanctuary
    PELZwife - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol, let's just say most people join the big two for benefits, coin or access. Since they're the only ones having access to highest lvl content and $$$, it's almost a rite of passage that anyone who reaches 85-90 apply to either of them.

I can not disagree with you about coins (though if I were running Nefarious or Legendary, I imagine I would make sure my coins mostly went to my critical TW core teams). But if you really want access to highest level content on Sanctuary, I would think you would want to be joining Recluse. I doubt they want anyone, of course but... still... "want" and "can" are different?

Steel, Dignity, Shockwave, Outlaw, DireFate and "OurHome" might be plausible alternatives for people looking for high level content. And I would not ignore other strong guilds, like Regicide, or maybe GameTable, either. (If you want good drops and fun, I feel you should not be looking for help from someone lots higher than you, but you should instead be looking to work with strong people your level or near your level and with similar schedules to yours.)

Personally, though, I would also keep in mind something about people -- of course large guilds will get all sorts of people in them. But if you do not join a guild because you like its people, this might say something about your future there.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now now people. Be nice :) Saying things like people only join Nefarious or Legendary just for the money is a harsh generalization that is pretty offensive to the majority of people in the guilds. Perhaps you knew a bad apple that said such things or just simply making an assumption because of the amount of land that they hold. I will not deny that these assumptions hold true to the intentions of some of the members on either side but that doesn't mean you should go around and bash on the entire guild for it. To me those intentions are as valid as people wanting to join a guild because their video game girlfriend resides in it or because they have a "cool" name or because they hate another faction and will TW against them.

Who is to say which reason for an individual to join a faction is a valid one? A majority of people (excluding all you self proclaimed saints out there) join a faction that has something to offer. A person evaluates and identifies what they want out of a faction and goes out to find one that satisfies their needs and wants. In turn factions post advertisments on WC about how they do TT, TW, FBs and etc. Not one of you has the right to judge a person's personal choice in this matter. In fact, trying to point it out makes only you look like an idiot. All I see from all these posts are people pin pointing meaningless things to create an antagonist out of the two leading guilds.

Me personally, I joined Nefarious a couple months ago. Why? Yes, the money sounded nice (although now its non existant after calculating a full TW weekend's cost). Also being around people my level to join in higher level content sounded inviting (tho not so much seeing as I already had a static group that I've been playing with for many months prior to join Nef). The real reason: because I never had a chance to do a PvE TW and the only two left on the map were Arch. and 1k. Why didn't I choose Legendary? Because after thinking about it, I had more people I "disagreed" with in Legendary than I did in Nefarious. Although the funny thing was I used to ALWAYS PK against Nefarious, and now that I think about it, they never once smack talked me. (although it nearly cost me my chance to join b:chuckle) Now, the point is, I'm still in Nefarious. Why? Because after being with them for a bit, I realized all these accusations, taunts and hate against them were wrongly placed. Please do not judge something you know nothing to so little about. As for the "bad experiences" you've all seemed to have with Nefarious, I'll apologize for them, because I made them do it b:surrender

Now lets all give each other warm hugs and have uber awesome TWs.

*newly re-born carebear out b:cute*
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Come back Holy b:dirty
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shes back^^

I hope yes.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Now lets all give each other warm hugs and have uber awesome TWs.

*newly re-born carebear out b:cute*

Woot! Welcome to the club fern.. *high fives*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The moment map resets, the big two in Sanctuary will crumble. Leg might possibly survive(a very small chance, in my opinion), but Nef will be gone in a puff of smoke. Let's face it, people join the big two in Sanctuary for the pay, not the challenge of TW.

Btw, since losing multiple lands to Leg, one to Dreaming, a far weaker guild, and having its leader banned, Nef have been unable to attack and is on the way down. It's a matter of time. Hopefully the downfall will pick up pace as all the mercenaries realize what's going on and scatter like rats fleeing from a sinking ship.b:chuckle
    Youll see some former factions that were laying low so to speak, starting to make moves now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited July 2009
    Youll see some former factions that were laying low so to speak, starting to make moves now...

What. Amplified is going to attack Nefarious now too? fun....b:surrender
    edited July 2009
    What. Amplified is going to attack Nefarious now too? fun....b:surrender
    Good god you are blind.... how inattentive can you be b:surrender

p.s. Never once in this forum did I mention amp was my faction nor do I see or talk to you ingame.....creepy little stalker you >.<
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009

I have a feeling Recluse will try to make a splash in tw.
    edited July 2009

Recluse made a bid to merge with Validus recently. I'm not sure the significance of it though.
    edited July 2009
    Someones been paying attention, thats one that I would assume too.
    edited July 2009
    Recluse made a bid to merge with Validus recently. I'm not sure the significance of it though.
    Are you sure? just 2 days ago I heard recluse shouting in WC separetly, and the only merge that was from validus were member pull-outs to Primordis (or whatever its spelled) mine could be old news tho...
    edited July 2009
    Are you sure? just 2 days ago I heard recluse shouting in WC separetly, and the only merge that was from validus were member pull-outs to Primordis (or whatever its spelled) mine could be old news tho...

There was that too. Some went back, and some moved on to other guilds. Primordis seems like one of those short lived flash factions. The Recluse bid was separate, and coincided with Validus's planned house cleaning of lower lvl people to Constant, a newly created sister faction. There was also Validus's founder quitting the game, and an election for someone taking over. Lol for game politics.
    edited July 2009
    There was that too. Some went back, and some moved on to other guilds. Primordis seems like one of those short lived flash factions. The Recluse bid was separate, and coincided with Validus's planned house cleaning of lower lvl people to Constant, a newly created sister faction. There was also Validus's founder quitting the game, and an election for someone taking over. Lol for game politics.
    Short lived possibly, the way they are recruiting. Some of them PMed those recruits 3 times daily, which when I heard was like....wow...persistent.
    Yeah I thought it was weird for validus merge. It had alot of pple decent lvl (last i heard) so I cant imagine them needing a merge. An then again recluse is the older fac with higher members, couldnt imagine them being that desperate for members too.
    I miss the former leader =( he did my FB19 when I was a nub. Been on my flist ever since.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Primordus won't last, their leaders a real piece of work. I'm a proud member of Recluse ^^
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    heyy whats your current un-buffed magic attack now?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited July 2009
    1. Deceptistar - my apologies. Seeing as I only see you on forums and I've seen you in game once, quite a few months back, in amplified my information on you seems out of date. oh well, no harm no foul.

2. Recluse doing TW? way to spit on the founder's original ideals. Crystalized created that guild so that he and the misit's could be in a guild together to keep pve -ing and stay away a from TW and its mountain of drama. Hence the name. I guess this is how things go when he goes away. Shrug, oh well, have your way with it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i do believe Deceptistar is Amplify's leader the last time i saw

posed with her for a screen shot while she was afk too b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1. Deceptistar - my apologies. Seeing as I only see you on forums and I've seen you in game once, quite a few months back, in amplified my information on you seems out of date. oh well, no harm no foul.

2. Recluse doing TW? way to spit on the founder's original ideals. Crystalized created that guild so that he and the misit's could be in a guild together to keep pve -ing and stay away a from TW and its mountain of drama. Hence the name. I guess this is how things go when he goes away. Shrug, oh well, have your way with it.

Lol, didnt they WC recruiting and said it was for tw?...
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lol, didnt they WC recruiting and said it was for tw?...

I guess they changed their mind :P

Offtopic, Snow buy me my TT90 x.x
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My unbuffed magic is 3695-4666, stupid LA armour.

Crystal and the MisTi's are ok with it, they want to do it for fun. They are still anti-drama which I like, it's just expanded into a more open guild now.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I cant imagine Recluse on TW...

They have nice high levels.
    They will give work if they decided to do it
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
    edited July 2009
    would crystal and misiti's be joinin in TW? shoot I was with them the last time they did TW which was back...december 08? my god, they must be rusty >.<

crystalized, get your **** back in the game you nub, we misses you b:surrender
    edited July 2009
    Primordus won't last, their leaders a real piece of work. I'm a proud member of Recluse ^^
    I think their starting to fall apart even before any TW starting. Heard yesterday that a certain recruiter went and took near half the members out from the fac, or at least a good amount, to go somewhere else. Talk about loyalty...the guy was an officer too.
    edited July 2009
    I think their starting to fall apart even before any TW starting. Heard yesterday that a certain recruiter went and took near half the members out from the fac, or at least a good amount, to go somewhere else. Talk about loyalty...the guy was an officer too.

aren't most officers voted a winner of a nice popularity contest? seeing as near half the faction left with him, he must be a popular guy. b:cute

*dont know anything about this guild, just throwing in my two cents :)*