Archer V BM

Options

Comments

• Organism - Lost City
    Organism - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BM with misties + magic marrow = no chance

and errr cleric + bm is the only weakness of archers.
    who said EA> clerics?

LA might be easy, but robe+ plume shell = no chance basicly

a good cleric that knows what he is doing as robe atleast.. seal+debuff+genie amp+dual spark+wield thunder = kkthxbb

ya venos and wizards are cake, but wizards get harder at the higher levels..

tho i think archer is the best pvp class, especially in TW.

Didn't you recently make a post about how hard it is to kill certain classes and how you were questioning the class? Jw how you change your opinion from post to post.. If you say BM's are easy in this post yet say they're hard in another, it leads to confusion for those of us who are trying to decide whether they should switch from a BM to archer. BM's in my opinion can get ninja'd by any ranged class with the upper hand, but if they attack an archer to stay on subject, you've got half damage and they've got stun locks (assuming the BM is axe because thats about all that is useful against a ranged class when they kite>stun>metal atk). I'm just trying to understand, please dont think I'm disagreeing, more confused than anything.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i think Thc means

misty forest (ring w/ +50% accuracy) + alter marrow magical (increases mdef at the cost of pdef) = *archers* have no chance
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ohhh, my bad b:shutup

Then again, I dueled my friend the other day (yes I know duels aren't the same) and I could barely hit him. The first duel I won because he didn't kite, the second one he won. My stuns kept missing, and I only have two so it's not like I used them too often..had to regen.
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if bm uses alter marrow magic get some range, use stun or aim low, then go deadly shot or take aim on him/her
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • Organism - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Options
    if bm uses alter marrow magic get some range, use stun or aim low, then go deadly shot or take aim on him/her

How long is the stun for because I thought take aim was fail for pking due to the long casting time. You read guides..where one says a skill fails another praises it to fame. It's all so confusing.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    3s stun, 8s aim low
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ibbies
    ibbies Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Ohhh, my bad b:shutup

Then again, I dueled my friend the other day (yes I know duels aren't the same) and I could barely hit him. The first duel I won because he didn't kite, the second one he won. My stuns kept missing, and I only have two so it's not like I used them too often..had to regen.

Well obviously you were following some whackjob 3 str 2 vit with a little dex for weapon reqs. if you couldnt hit an archer :P the misty rings add 50% of your aim to your current aim, so if your aim is 500 youlll goto 750 which doesnt help that much against an archer who has 1-2k evasion :P i suggest you **** what the other guides say about vit if your in a pvp server and go with 3 str 2 dex every lvl(you can either load your armor with hp or m def stones seeing as your pdef will remain high). My reason for reccomending 3 str 2 dex every lvl is because by the time archers land one skill theyll be on the floor (aim ftw) barbs and other str/vit bms cant hit you :P, mages and venos will drop like flies due to your aoes (btw this build can accomodate all the weapons so go wild). Also if your a smart player you can max out your sutras to nulllify magic and physical (btw the effects can overlap eachother and only take around 30-60 secs to recharge). 'Nuff said b:shutup
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    fist user hitting at 2.67 times per seconds hurts.

archers poking me with wooden sticks stops hurting when i spend money on my gears. no archer hits higher than 700 with normal attack, and my 5.8k buffed hp is more than enough to laugh at it.

you FAIL

incase you haven't done your research, archers also have metal attacks
    archers who expect to kill a bm with normal attacks are fails too

there's no fist bm's cuz theyre the worst type of bm
    nobody will let you sit there hitting them nonstop
    any archer who sits there against a bm should uninstall this game immediately
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    slow down there tiger, you might hurt yourself.
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

All i gotta say is that will is a bm's best friend :D
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    slow down there tiger, you might hurt yourself.

is that it ?
    seriously ?

no "well, according to my calculations..." stuff, mr smarty ?

you just... admit defeat that easily ?

o.o

simple as that you admit you're wrong ?

o.O

is there a catch ?
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    is that it ?
    seriously ?

no "well, according to my calculations..." stuff, mr smarty ?

you just... admit defeat that easily ?

o.o

simple as that you admit you're wrong ?

o.O

is there a catch ?
    He is refering the wooden sticks to himself, a cleric not bm.
    Smartass.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Anyways.

IMO BM beats EA any day one on one if they can stunlock (don't know how=fail bm)
    Its hard to even land 2 shots on the bm, if your lucky u can finish them in 3 shots including charm(If 2/3 of your metal skill are crits)

Archer's 3rd metal skill, Thunder Blast just takes way too long to channel and 2nd metal skill Thunder Shock basiclly eats up all your chi in a long fight. The archer may not die in 1 charm run but cannot kill the bm. Eventually, the bm gains enough chi to launch ultimate+thunder and bam ur dead. Or even better zerk-zerk crit-zerk, you are fked. Yes now I know Wings of Grace resists the BM 1 spark 6 sec stun, but because Thunder Shock which requires 30chi MUST be spammed, you have no left over chi for aim low, wing shield, wings of grace or spark eruption.

Now there is a way however, which is to triple spark and use a stun immu pot. But the BM can also launch a damage immu pot to wait till the stun immu is over. So its vice-versa.

This does not mean BM> Archer in actual pvp however. Archer can survive a few charm runs of BM damage, but if the BM is stuned or not stunning, he/she cannot stand a charm run of archer damage.
    Zerk weaps and misty rings threw away the advantages archers had against melees.
  • Delai - Lost City
    Delai - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I know that this post was mainly about BMs vs Archers i can say that barbs can **** archers pretty hardly too.I think i was lvl39 or so and i just learned stun arrow and i wanted to try it out,so ive looked for someone and then i saw some lvl37+ barb(only after he used Slam i knew he is lvl39 too >.<)I tried to kill him but i failed...Altought we archers have got high dex=crit hit,evasion+accuracy i think Barbs are hardes class to fight for an archer.Now at my lvl and with my buff i have about 1,3k eva so at 39 i think i could have about 1,2k.From what ive counted on ecatomb,barb lvl39 with maxed bloodbath and pure tank build will have about 650 accuracy which is higher then BM same lvl which means that if barb have 650acc and i have 1,2k eva,he will land every second shot.We still have our metal attacks but its still isnt high enough to kill barbs with their **** meat shield.So in my opinion Barb is definately hardest class to fight for an archer.
  • Imgonnakillu - Sanctuary
    Imgonnakillu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    archer=>

anybody...is..food
    rams..anyclass..to..death
    clerics..are.feed
    heavey..armour..user...shocked..to..death
    even..noobs..can..kill.....C..R..I..T..
    Barbs..with..immense..def..and..hp..can..be..killed..but..remember..just..amlify..metel..damage..then..shock..them

well..so..be..optimistic..make..sure..none..are..in..the.half..damage..circle...
    edited June 2009
    Options
    archer=>

anybody...is..food
    rams..anyclass..to..death
    clerics..are.feed
    heavey..armour..user...shocked..to..death
    even..noobs..can..kill.....C..R..I..T..
    Barbs..with..immense..def..and..hp..can..be..killed..but..remember..just..amlify..metel..damage..then..shock..them

well..so..be..optimistic..make..sure..none..are..in..the.half..damage..circle...

Everyone is "food", but you are also everyone's food too.. No high defense of anykind, just a medium of both. Before lev 8x archers had advantage from melee because of high evasion, but after 8x with misty rings, that advantage is gone. Archers cannot tank melee-stand there and just attack.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol there are waaaaay too many variables in this game to sit and assume this **** lol

what if my genie gives u a 40% decrease in accuracy for 8 seconds?
    what if my genie lowers yer move speed and 12% off yer p.def while i am at full range?
    what if i have my chi bar full before the fight cus i was farming?
    or use sickle tea leaf?(50 chi instantly)
    lol u CANNOT generalise **** like this there are way too many different playstyles/builds/genies/skills

people who stereotype classes and stuff are closed minded imo

also the bm could be using lifepowder or something to regen hp hardcore

again i will say that there are too many variables in this game and all you highbies should have accounted for them before u speculate tbh
  • Ekans_daed - Sanctuary
    Ekans_daed - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well...in my exp..i find that clerics n wiz are the easiest for an archer to kill...
    i am lvl 64 but i can beat a lvl 70 cleric easily..
    i can beat a BM of my lvl without any problem...but
    venos of my lvl gets me once in every two fights..
    n yea come to think of it...i have never pvped or dueled a barb..that'll be the 1st thing ill do now...
    well i think..no i know archers are the best pvp classb:victory
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well...in my exp..i find that clerics n wiz are the easiest for an archer to kill...
    i am lvl 64 but i can beat a lvl 70 cleric easily..
    i can beat a BM of my lvl without any problem...but
    venos of my lvl gets me once in every two fights..
    n yea come to think of it...i have never pvped or dueled a barb..that'll be the 1st thing ill do now...
    well i think..no i know archers are the best pvp classb:victory
    You are under 70 and 79............................no berserk weapons or misty rings(50% accruracy) for your level BMs/Barbs, you can tank a melee your level.

DUELING IS NOT PK. There is NO charm in duel, you can beat BMs easily in duels as you can kite and eventually kill.

lol there are waaaaay too many variables in this game to sit and assume this **** lol

what if my genie gives u a 40% decrease in accuracy for 8 seconds?
    what if my genie lowers yer move speed and 12% off yer p.def while i am at full range?
    what if i have my chi bar full before the fight cus i was farming?
    or use sickle tea leaf?(50 chi instantly)
    lol u CANNOT generalise **** like this there are way too many different playstyles/builds/genies/skills

people who stereotype classes and stuff are closed minded imo

also the bm could be using lifepowder or something to regen hp hardcore

again i will say that there are too many variables in this game and all you highbies should have accounted for them before u speculate tbh

So lets consider all those genie options.

Accuracy genie skill-maybe if thats applied, you well not die during the period it is in effect. But what about after that, its not like with stuns you can kill the BM during that peroid. After effect is over, your genie is out of energy, wtf can you do now? Lets say you can maybe use it again, but all you can do is NOT DIE, you cannot kill when you are in stunlock. Even if you are NOT in stunlock, the lion roar stun(It doesnt miss....) is 6 second effect, it has cooldown of 15 seconds. In order to kill a bm with decent gear you will need a full 10 seconds and the time needed to tick his charm. Lets say you start your timer at 10 seconds, there is only 9 seconds that you are not stuned and the stun is in cooldown.

Archers have crits, which is about 25% at my level, okay so we deal alot of damage.BUT DO YOU KNOW WTF BERSERK IS? 20% chance of double damage, PLUS the crit the bm already has, which is another 5-10% or so. If a berserk-crit lands on you, you are almost dead...

Also did you know Thunderstorm genie skill does not miss? It hits me around 2k without buffs. Which is nearly half my hp. I cannot tank a melee player my level with similar gears.

"what if my genie lowers yer move speed and 12% off yer p.def while i am at full range?"--Rofl........................first of all, 12% isn't much...secondly...you use metal attacks not phy attacks against Heavy Armor.

One of the MAIN things that makes archers not amazing against Heavy Armors who have nice gears, is that archer magical attacks are not constant, after you spam all 3, there is a break where non of them are finished cooldown, which forces you to attack with phy attack which does **** on Heavy Armor. And by that time the 10-seconds of charm is up and the whole thing starts again. But a BM can constantly attack you with skills that does great damage. And stunlock you so you cannot run or use any skills. Against a true BM who can stunlock, I cannot even launch Wing Shield between stuns..

Maxed skills are at 85+ thats when the true ability of classes show. And even more at 89+.

In conclusion, archers can kill BMs in PVP/PK/TW, but not when it is a true 1 on 1 situation, which doesnt mean one has a set of skills already launched before the other starts to notice.
  • Ddaanniieell - Harshlands
    Ddaanniieell - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    that bow is emperor slayer lol

lionrex top/bottom, ashura wrist and boots. that itself is -.1 interval. wrist for hh99 are -.1 interval. cv fist are -.1 interval. with hell fury, that's 3.33 attack speed.

i say hh99 is hard because you need 2 gold mats per piece for 4 pieces. that's a lot of work compared to cv, where you only have to kill devillord and charie.

the damage difference is compensated with speed. and they hit fast. especialy with decadal gods. and the -10% hp debuff that comes with them is invaluable.

and, my mistake, it's 2.5:
    http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=50319b2eee59126d

are u from macedonia dude well rep;y when u check ok? c ya
  • Hipotacros - Harshlands
    Hipotacros - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Archers r an excellent class at all levels but they just shine way too much at levels 65-85ish. But its all about ur skills too, cause u might have a +6 bow/xbow/sling and still not make a difference on those levels. At level 90+ an archer must use its skills with even better timing, but the damage will be more based in CRITICAL HITS.
    I can kill any class 2 levels above me and only have problem killing barbs cause even if i spark after their charm ticks my damage is sometimes just not good enough to kill them but the CRITS still make all the difference.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Hipotacros - Harshlands
    Hipotacros - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    As for BMs, Its not easy to kill and its not hard aswell. Try kite the best u can while dealing enough damage to make their charm tick, and as soon as their charm ticks stun lock->spark->metal combo->dead bm ( even better if u manage to crit, and just hope u r far enough so that he doesnt stun lock u in the process) b:victory
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    a bm that is even 10 lvls over me would get owned... enough said
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    a bm that is even 10 lvls over me would get owned... enough said

Are you another one of those spoiled kiddos with full +12?
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i've started pk when i hit 70, and one of the major question right now is "why the hell did i play an archer?"

i was told archer is the best pk class, but that is certainly not the case from what i can see.

since i'm on a pve server, most pk occurs in SP where there is no place to hide, the range is very limited and pretty much all the pkers are either barb (impossible to kill for archer and kills me easily) or bm (magic marrow and stun lock).

seriously, archer works better pve wise than pvp for me
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i've started pk when i hit 70, and one of the major question right now is "why the hell did i play an archer?"

i was told archer is the best pk class, but that is certainly not the case from what i can see.

since i'm on a pve server, most pk occurs in SP where there is no place to hide, the range is very limited and pretty much all the pkers are either barb (impossible to kill for archer and kills me easily) or bm (magic marrow and stun lock).

seriously, archer works better pve wise than pvp for me

My answer to this is... Dont PK at SP. Archers are ranged, there you cant even kite.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My answer to this is... Dont PK at SP. Archers are ranged, there you cant even kite.

QFT, alot of Archers need range to excel. Unless youre like a close range archer,
    O.O
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Archer V Axe BM (Dex based)
    Archer V Axe BM (HP based)
    Archer V Axe BM (Str based)

I think,

Axe BM (dex based) > archer

imo i think that it deppends , i mean if ur 9x with plus 5 armors and dex build then archer will own u cuz of ur low hp
    hp build bm will be almost not possiblle to kill
    strength build bm will hit hard and probually have alot of hp ,if they have two misty rings then i say strength bm will win
    Best BM= strength dex with plus 8 armors b:victory
  • GodOfRange - Heavens Tear
    GodOfRange - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    heres a tip for pvp against bms

the only time they beat me in pvp is when they stun lock me...
    so in order to counter the stun lock use wings of grace and then drop metal attacks in there face. Its an easy 1-3 hit kill most of the time.

PS this char is really an archer the forums are just screwed up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Are you another one of those spoiled kiddos with full +12?

i'm not spoiled, i'm no kiddo and neither do i have ANYTHING over +5 but i do know how to play my class
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.