• Death - Harshlands
    Death - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archer V Axe BM (Dex based)
    Archer V Axe BM (HP based)
    Archer V Axe BM (Str based)

I think,

Axe BM (dex based) > archer

I'm only 58, and I *can* get one shotted by a lvl 7x BM. However, they usually miss their first attack or two and I usually can just fly away.

As for BM's my level? It doesn't matter their build, they're pretty easy to take down.
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    any BM build > EA of the same levels..
    unless the BM fails horribly. but a lvl 77 BM with a misty or 2 should be able to **** an EA pretty hard
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    unless the BM fails horribly. but a lvl 77 BM with a misty or 2 should be able to **** an EA pretty hard

OMG whats this...
    I thought that archers are the best pk class.
    in previous thread i saw that clerics are better than archers and now that bm is better.
    We know that archer cant do anthing to a barb.
    A veno with phoenix can kill us easely.
    So we are better than just one class- wizards
    So im wandering where statement that archrs are the best pk class came from.

P.S. im lvl70 archer
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Cal - Harshlands
    Cal - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well ...
    Barb can be killed but very hard.
    Veno with nix can be killed coz of genie skill. (If heavy veno, they are easier)
    Wiz get harder to kill after 90.
    Clerics are the easiest class for an archer to kill.
    BM same lvl are killable. But a dex BM is the hardest of all. The lvl goes up (like 80+) it becomes bit more harder.
    (All this is considering you are not fighting a noob, and both of you are equally powerful geared and neither use apo pills)

Archers deal **** dmg, we rely fully on critics. Coz of the high critic % we do hell lotta critic dmg which make us good class to pk with.
    By the power of the alt lord ....
    I am ALT-MAN b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Archers can gear so they do well against blademasters if they do not mind being weak against magic users.

Back when I was participating in TW, I would sometimes be tanking five blademasters and a couple barbarians and have to run from one wizard. They were probably all 10-20 levels below me, but even in my early 70s I did not have much to worry about when facing a level 90+-ish blademaster in dragon temple. Well... except for her five teammates, all of whom would hit me for 2000+ damage.

Of course... this meant I was fairly useless against legendary (since they had lots of wizards, and hardly any blademasters in comparison, and my gear was all wrong for tanking wizards -- that they mostly outleveled me by 10-20 levels did not help).
  • Thc - Harshlands
    Thc - Harshlands Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    BM with misties + magic marrow = no chance

and errr cleric + bm is the only weakness of archers.
    who said EA> clerics?

LA might be easy, but robe+ plume shell = no chance basicly

a good cleric that knows what he is doing as robe atleast.. seal+debuff+genie amp+dual spark+wield thunder = kkthxbb

ya venos and wizards are cake, but wizards get harder at the higher levels..

tho i think archer is the best pvp class, especially in TW.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    thc is on crack.

anyways, archer vs warrior is, imo, a class advantage. archer > warriors. the only warrior that stands a chance is a fist warrior and none of these servers has one.
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    End game is a Barb and an Archer.

Barbs dont' die and archers kill everything from the background.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    end game is mage and barb.

archers stop hurting when you've got 9k pdef.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    end game is mage and barb.

archers stop hurting when you've got 9k pdef.
    archers start hurting when they are able to mainly normal attack.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    normal attack doesn't hurt when you've got 9k pdef.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    they do at .83 per second with crits :3
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    fist user hitting at 2.67 times per seconds hurts.

archers poking me with wooden sticks stops hurting when i spend money on my gears. no archer hits higher than 700 with normal attack, and my 5.8k buffed hp is more than enough to laugh at it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    9k pdef is endgame defense. I'm assuming the archer also has an endgame weapon. Trust me, fight a hell archer that has cv bow, 99 gold wrists and another piece of hh99. Their normal attacks will hurt and they will come fast.

Add that with relentless courage (basically replaces hell quickshot) and archers will be factor again.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    what's that bow? emperor slayer? yeah, that hurts. debuff is nice too. but how many people in this server have it?

and hh99 is even harder to get, lol.

but fist can combine heavy and light and attack even faster, not to mention their fist are as fast as slings. cv fist are even faster with a hp debuff.

fist wr > ea end game
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    cv bow is this http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16086

fist warriors don't get 2.67 attack speed.

They get like 2.2 with cv claw, 99 wrists and another piece of 99 set. with their +atk speed skill they get ~2.5. They do **** but it isn't fist warriors it's all decent warriors as a proper warrior uses 3+ weapons. HH99 isn't hard to get at all, cv bow is a lot harder but it's worth it. Also, cv bow hits way harder than claws. Claws require a lot of dex so the damage will be less build wise compared to a pure ea + they will have lower hp. Only dumb warriors would combine heavy armor and light armor. You have sutra for a reason.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    that bow is emperor slayer lol

lionrex top/bottom, ashura wrist and boots. that itself is -.1 interval. wrist for hh99 are -.1 interval. cv fist are -.1 interval. with hell fury, that's 3.33 attack speed.

i say hh99 is hard because you need 2 gold mats per piece for 4 pieces. that's a lot of work compared to cv, where you only have to kill devillord and charie.

the damage difference is compensated with speed. and they hit fast. especialy with decadal gods. and the -10% hp debuff that comes with them is invaluable.

and, my mistake, it's 2.5:
    http://pwcalc.ru/my/?char=50319b2eee59126d
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    It's been said before that fists are great but who's gonna stand there to let them hit you? If you triple spark expect to not hit anyone for very long. You need the fury to stunlock. I don't know how this turned into a fist wr vs archer topic as my wr will have decadal god when hes 95 so I definitely don't disagree but getting 2 pieces of light isn't worth the little increase in attack speed as high dex warriors already have very low hp. Plus I'd think most people would get past boots. Anyways as for archers, really to kill anyone at 99 you need high attack speed and lots of crits.

edit: by hh99 i thought u mean the xbow, yes hh99 is hard to get but the wrists are easy and you only need 1 more piece besides that for the attack speed bonus
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hi Forp you just contradicted yourself.

You say that fist/claw wrs are better because they hit fast, and that archers don't hurt as much because people have 9k pdef

However, even if fists hit faster than bows all of those hits are REDUCED SEPERATELY. GG b:cute

In the end, harder hits are better than faster ones
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    By the way, Forp, you and Mystic really need to stop talking as if you know everything. All you two care about is your e-peen. You guys are so superficial
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    you're right, nobody is going to let them hit you. and they don't need hell fury to hit faster; shadowless kick is equilivant when dark, and doesn't need any vigor. that means they have plenty left over to do the couple of stuns they have.

hag is a pain to get :S

meaangirl, you're clueless.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    you're right, nobody is going to let them hit you. and they don't need hell fury to hit faster; shadowless kick is equilivant when dark, and doesn't need any vigor. that means they have plenty left over to do the couple of stuns they have.

hag is a pain to get :S

meaangirl, you're clueless.
    stunlock, cyclone kick and normal attacks ftw. hag is easier than most other 99 mats b:surrender
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    i say hag is annoying because of all the ligers you have to kill to get to freddy. and his mat has a lower drop rate than the mat for the legs(even though he's hella annoying to kill).

behe and illusion are the problems b:surrender
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    By the way, Forp, you and Mystic really need to stop talking as if you know everything. All you two care about is your e-peen. You guys are so superficial

Shut up. b:chuckle

fun
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • tezuka
    tezuka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archers will lose to any bm in my opinion unless somehow luck pulls through with constant crits b/c our evas / acc is messed up
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    tezuka wrote: »
    Archers will lose to any bm in my opinion unless somehow luck pulls through with constant crits b/c our evas / acc is messed up

It really only take 1-2 crit to take down a bm. And when you have 30% crit, its not luck that you crit, its luck if you don't crit.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Mkay, does Forp have played either Archer of Fist bm to decent lvl...b:question
    I kill things b:victory
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Archer V Axe BM (Dex based)
    Archer V Axe BM (HP based)
    Archer V Axe BM (Str based)

I think,

Axe BM (dex based) > archer

Hey dude i like wat you are saying with the axe bm with dex its kinda wat my build is cept my bm uses all four weapon types for bms... So i have enough str for Axes and enough dex for Fists/claws so yeah its a more fair fight between archers and bms built that way i criticize you none cept axes are slower for dmg against an archer so user things like swords or fists which hit faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Im a dex axe BM (really a fist/axe, but same thing 3str/2dex per lvl) and I barely have issues with hitting archers. Unless they're my lvl or high and are full dex, they tend to die quickly. (and I don't have any +acc gear)

But who is better really depends on the context of the fight. In a 1vs1 pk fight in the open the archer should never lose to a BM. They might not win, but they should be kiting to avoid there own death. A lot of people will yell at you and call you a noob, but kiting is being smart. Me being able to hit you doesn't matter if I can only get 1 hit every 10 seconds. And BM's stuns cast slow enough that you can be in mid air a lot of times which gives you a free 6 sec for your charm to cd.

In TW its a little different cause its groups so if you kite 1 BM then someone else will kill you.
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    what's wrong with our regular attacks b:sad

i know fists blademasters attack fast but their damage isn't that good

this thread is making me wanna reroll but when i see the picture of Heaven Shatterer on ecatomb it makes me keep going, it's just too awesome

btw my highest archer has only been 47 so idk how good they really are
    FPW > PWI b:victory