Archer V BM

13»

Comments

• XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear
    XxHKSSxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BM with 2 mistys/mastadon of the same level and equally powerful gear as archer can own archers EASILY. i got +6 equips with +8 blinding radiance and a +6 to +7 equips BM can easily own me. hard to kite against BMs, they got the speed boost thingy, with perm stun.. lol. especially when they are dex BM, we miss them more than they miss us provided they have 2 misty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manz - Harshlands
    Manz - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    only way to win a bm is air,on the ground there wnt b a possible way how any archer should win a bm in 1v1 and air is easyer for kiteing. b:lipcurl
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    only way to win a bm is air,on the ground there wnt b a possible way how any archer should win a bm in 1v1 and air is easyer for kiteing. b:lipcurl

are you serious dude? i havn't fought a bm with lvl 77 rings of course but damn, a bm my lvl can't kill me. or i havn't met the one that can yet.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2009

If you do not mind gearing yourself so you are vulnerable to arcane classes, you can gear yourself so you can tank blademasters.

Specifically: evasion gear lets you avoid being perma-stunned. You will get stunned by roar of the pride unless you use anti-stun skills or remedies but only for a few seconds, and even with two misties most blademasters will still be missing you quite often. A blademaster will double their accuracy if they equip two misties, but with good evasion gear you can double your evasion. And if you really want to be doing well, make sure you have a wizard in your party (for sandstorm). (Does anyone know if accuracy reductions from sandstorm stack with accuracy reductions from befuddling mist?)

And for arcane classes... well... you still have your stuns and your interrupts. But good luck against magic using monsters...

But of course you will still need some decent health because sometimes you will still get hit and melee classes have some automatic hit skills.

I could go on, but really you all should figure some of this stuff out for yourself?
  • Fyren - Heavens Tear
    Fyren - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    bm stun then heavensflame + genie skill thunderstorm + cleave = bye squishy archer b:cry not mentioning the fact u miss 1 out of the 3 metal skills which already has a cool down -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    bm stun then heavensflame + genie skill thunderstorm + cleave = bye squishy archer

I believe you can use genie skills when you are stunned. And you have various counter-measures you can use. A lucky archer geared and skilled specifically for this blademaster might walk out of this encounter without a scratch, and other archers geared and skilled for other situations might walk out with only a charm tick or whatever.
  • MiniTank - Lost City
    MiniTank - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Idk about other ppl but BMs seem to get easier as i lvl up higher.

EAs have holds and stuns and with genies they get a 3rd hold skill. And doesnt matter how much pdef a BM has seeing as unless a EA is dumb he will be using his lighting attacks.

With our crit rate and high magic dmg output a BM should fall.

I do admit dex BMs r the hardest tho. Seeing as our magic attacks can miss.

Just need to keep the distance.

Ones I did 6.3k dmg which 1 shoted a BM my lvl befor. 84-86 lvl range.
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Idk about other ppl but BMs seem to get easier as i lvl up higher.

EAs have holds and stuns and with genies they get a 3rd hold skill. And doesnt matter how much pdef a BM has seeing as unless a EA is dumb he will be using his lighting attacks.

With our crit rate and high magic dmg output a BM should fall.

I do admit dex BMs r the hardest tho. Seeing as our magic attacks can miss.

Just need to keep the distance.

Ones I did 6.3k dmg which 1 shoted a BM my lvl befor. 84-86 lvl range.
    BMs have magic marrow, which makes their Mdef higher than LA. But their PDef is still damn high because of their Str, and only nubs will level marrow level 10.

HA is the best overall protections, after marrow level 5, basically makes bm def a even number like LA, but 1.5x the def for each part. That is why BMs are hard to kill, also don't forget the HP. That 6.3k, if non-sparked must of when a BM phy marrowed...or just really really **** equip.
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BM with misties + magic marrow = no chance

and errr cleric + bm is the only weakness of archers.
    who said EA> clerics?

LA might be easy, but robe+ plume shell = no chance basicly

a good cleric that knows what he is doing as robe atleast.. seal+debuff+genie amp+dual spark+wield thunder = kkthxbb

ya venos and wizards are cake, but wizards get harder at the higher levels..

tho i think archer is the best pvp class, especially in TW.

WTF? last sentence pls and thank you.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    only a **** bm would stun then dragon an archer right off the bat. get them to 50-55% hp with sharptooth already debuffing them. use wings of grace and then stun to tick heiro. genie amp and spam metal attacks. if they have similar refines they really aren't hard. you might not kill them the first time with the above mentioned but just kite and try again till you don't miss a metal skill and maybe crit more :o). if a bm is buffed and you aren't or their refines are way higher its pretty much gg you. maybe triple spark with the above combo and crit a lot..
  • Linxxi - Lost City
    Linxxi - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are you another one of those spoiled kiddos with full +12?

he is a +5 slingshot winds n clouds that havent lv in 2 months
  • hiddenpower
    hiddenpower Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OMG ALL U DUMB DUMBS forgot about sword user BM they use dex too so archer vs bm (sword) hell no chance that an archer can beat thats LOL i killed lvl 100 archer and im lvl 90 bm lol b:victoryb:laughb:bye
  • hiddenpower
    hiddenpower Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Guys u forgot something a sword BM.There is no way that an EA can kill a Sword user BM i killed a lvl 100 EA and im lvl 90 BM can u believe that although i got 2 crits in beginning and end LMAO he got non crits on me and he is pure build xD. So MUAHAHAHA careful archers hell is coming to u
    MUAHAHAHAHA. b:victoryb:laughb:chuckleb:bye