Cleric information for newcomers

Comments

• Kairos - Dreamweaver
    Kairos - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I've been reading through these posts all day because I decided to play a Cleric instead of an Archer and I want to make sure I build him right. What's confusing me a bit is that some suggestions include adding points to Dex/Agi and some don't. Is this a waste of points if I plan on doing a good bit of soloing but still want to be useful in a group as a healer. Thanks for this fantastic guide and all of the thoughtful suggestions.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I've been reading through these posts all day because I decided to play a Cleric instead of an Archer and I want to make sure I build him right. What's confusing me a bit is that some suggestions include adding points to Dex/Agi and some don't. Is this a waste of points if I plan on doing a good bit of soloing but still want to be useful in a group as a healer. Thanks for this fantastic guide and all of the thoughtful suggestions.

dex is a waste if you dont plan using light armor, that dex could be added to mag or vit aka more useful stuff.
    b:dirty
  • Kairos - Dreamweaver
    Kairos - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Great! Thanks for the help!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only advantage for using dex is so you can run faster and increase your evasion.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dex doesn't have an effect on running speed, I'm fairly sure. b:chuckle
  • Shampooo - Dreamweaver
    Shampooo - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is it bad that at lvl 18, I only have 1600 spirit? I find it bad that I wont be able to lvl some spells at 19. Any suggestions for uping spirit?
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is it bad that at lvl 18, I only have 1600 spirit? I find it bad that I wont be able to lvl some spells at 19. Any suggestions for uping spirit?

no not at all. it happens to all classes. i was doing good with my skills on my archer until a certain point.

Trust me even now i not always have enough spirit so i wait til i do to upgrade tempest or another skill.
    We're an expensive class in both Coin and Spirit when it comes to skills so dont sweat it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    Divine_guy - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hey people
    i need a information i start my cleric today and im putting 6 mag 1 str 3 vit every 2 lvls but i need know about the dex i dont put anyting?

ty
  • Lady_debra - Sanctuary
    Lady_debra - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    About the Cleric roots or other mat. what should you keep and what is uninportant to the cleric??? I have been trying to keep everything but not sure what I really need to make things.
    Lost and wondering what to do!
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hey people
    i need a information i start my cleric today and im putting 6 mag 1 str 3 vit every 2 lvls but i need know about the dex i dont put anyting?
    Yes.
    Dex is useless unless you're LA.
  • DarkRaymond - Harshlands
    DarkRaymond - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hey, may anyone help me here? I made a Cleric a few days back and I don't know the build I need for me. I'm deciding to use arcane robes. Is there a list of what stats I need for which level for the latest weapons?

And also I don't know the stat build I need. I'm mainly going to help in parties by healing but I also want some good attack, which stats would I put where & is there also a stat I shouldn't train.

Thank you.

-DarkRaymond.
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Hey, may anyone help me here? I made a Cleric a few days back and I don't know the build I need for me. I'm deciding to use arcane robes. Is there a list of what stats I need for which level for the latest weapons?

And also I don't know the stat build I need. I'm mainly going to help in parties by healing but I also want some good attack, which stats would I put where & is there also a stat I shouldn't train.

Thank you.

-DarkRaymond.

every 2 lvls i put
    6 mag
    3 vit
    1str
    i think is the best tatic
    u can use the best weapons to your lvl u have a good vitality and u can heal too
    but u cant put any on dex if u put somthing u have to replace after

Divine_guy
    edited June 2009
    but u cant put any on dex if u put somthing u have to replace after

Divine_guy

What do you mean if you put something you have to replace after? Like if I put on dex, ill replace it? b:beatup
    edited June 2009
    every 2 lvls i put
    6 mag
    3 vit
    1str
    i think is the best tatic
    u can use the best weapons to your lvl u have a good vitality and u can heal too
    Divine_guy

Okay thanks, I'm going to try this stat build. b:pleased
  • Divine_guy - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Okay thanks, I'm going to try this stat build. b:pleased

u welcome

divine_guy
  • afhysa
    afhysa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    so is the 9 magic 1 strength build not gud at all? i juz started a cleric and seriously i duno wat to do... and how can i learn skills? i cant click on the skill tree.. or do i nid to go to trainers? tnx for ur help
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    9mag 1str is good till lv ~60 after that hybrid or full vit.

You learn skills at Cleric trainer.
    Skills have lv and Spiritual requirerment. And you need to pay them with spirit and coins.
  • estago
    estago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So going back to the conversation on page 10, does ironheart blessing actually stack or not? I'm a new cleric and I just wanna be sure, for obvious reasons, and the fact that the game says nothing about it stacking makes me doubt whether it really stacks.

Someone should test this with a char that has some extra max hp (at least more than is healed by 4 ironheart blessings) to prove the stacked (or "stacked?") healing isn't only caused by a refreshed IH. Like, stack 4 IHs then get the char's hp back down and cast 4 IHs separately and see which heals more. I would do it, but I just started yesterday and don't know any tanks yet. Thanks
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    estago wrote: »
    So going back to the conversation on page 10, does ironheart blessing actually stack or not? I'm a new cleric and I just wanna be sure, for obvious reasons, and the fact that the game says nothing about it stacking makes me doubt whether it really stacks.

Someone should test this with a char that has some extra max hp (at least more than is healed by 4 ironheart blessings) to prove the stacked (or "stacked?") healing isn't only caused by a refreshed IH. Like, stack 4 IHs then get the char's hp back down and cast 4 IHs separately and see which heals more. I would do it, but I just started yesterday and don't know any tanks yet. Thanks

Yest is stacks. Believe me.
  • Kameathe - Heavens Tear
    Kameathe - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Very helpful, but now I feel like I've completely damaged all my chances of being a good cleric in the future. I'll follow your guide from here out in hopes of salvaging what I can, thank you for the guide!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Very helpful, but now I feel like I've completely damaged all my chances of being a good cleric in the future. I'll follow your guide from here out in hopes of salvaging what I can, thank you for the guide!

At lvl 20, there is no way you are beyond repair. Just be careful with your stat/skill points and I'm sure you will be fine in the long run b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Queen_Juliet - Heavens Tear
    Queen_Juliet - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Not Bad of a guide FatherTed Do one xD or other clerics higher n smarter with the class Write a Guide
    edited July 2009
    Not Bad of a guide FatherTed Do one xD or other clerics higher n smarter with the class Write a Guide

I'm far too low leveled and nowhere near experienced enough to write a quality guide for clerics b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plays2much
    plays2much Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ** deleted **
  • wolfosknight
    wolfosknight Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    koz wrote: »
    Archers can also fly at level 1.

True, but the MP Cost for the wings compared to the MP Regeneration kinda makes Archers harder to fly. I am new to this, but judging between my Archer and my Cleric (both Lv 2 when I tried it), my archer could only stay airborne for a little bit of time, while for my cleric, the MP Drain compared to the MP Regeneration was closely similar, so I could fly the whole time. So maybe it would be wiser to say 'The only class that can fly effectively at Lv 1'
    Anyway, this is quite an informative guide. Found out some stuff that that I was doing blindly (in other words, without knowing the true pros/cons) was actually a good idea. And it's all good, because if I need to accumulate SP, I can go out and do quests, or just hunt.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have a level-50 cleric.

Since I'm solo much of the time, I've resorted to a build that currently looks (about) like this:

MAG = 105
    STR = 45
    VIT = 60
    DEX = 40

I wear robes only, and build my own attire and weapons, which gives me a nice bump over the generic items.

Except for FBs, I have little trouble defeating mobs up to 3-5 levels higher. The 40 DEX gives me sufficient crit hits; STR is high enough to allow for an occasional crisis melee, and my 60 VIT allows me to absorb damage.

In all fairness, I keep the highest charms loaded, but this can be expensive, so I'm careful to use a combination of pots/Iron Heart/Plume Shell blessings during combat, which drastically reduces charm drain.

I play a fast, run-and-gun type of game, luring necessary targets when necessary, and using my wings for rapid mobility around the combat area. Having a strong, yet uninvincible character makes this approach both challenging and enjoyable for me. At level-45, for instance, there was nothing more thrilling than suckering Tauroc Valeriens away from their Sharpshooter & Leader cohorts, any multiple of which would kill me.

Despite being offensively oriented, I've continued to add support skills, which make me a wanted squad member for quests I cannot handle on my own.

Not much science involved here. I simply built a character matching my style of gameplay -- and one that suited circumstances at the time. Hopefully, this demonstrates that building a viable character to cookie-cutter dimensions is not a necessary requirement -- follow your instincts, be situationally aware, and have fun.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    MAG = 105
    STR = 45
    VIT = 60
    DEX = 40

Just out of interest, how much do those 35 points of dex raise your crit rate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    20 dex gives 1% crit, not worth to add any stat in dex unless u go light armor
    edited July 2009
    20 dex gives 1% crit, not worth to add any stat in dex unless u go light armor

That's what I thought - just was looking for confirmation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caran - Dreamweaver
    Caran - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hey where can I get pictures of cleric spells I will get?