Legendary and Nefarious

SoulCallibur - Sanctuary
SoulCallibur - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Recently I've seen a lot of threads complaining about how Nef and Leg hold all of the territory. A lot of people would like to see the Tw map reset, but that would be unfair for the Nef and Leg players who invested their time and money.

IMO the best thing to do is for all the high levels that aren't in Nef or Leg to make one faction together. 'Cos atm a lot of the good active players are in their own factions that are sometimes full of non-active players. Maybe if people did this and stopped complaining about Nef and Leg all the time the map might be more colourful.
Post edited by SoulCallibur - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Headshot_XD - Sanctuary
    Headshot_XD - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You have a point. But most of the time ppl can't be bothered to put in the work i guess, I don't really know 'cos I'm a n00b.

Was the map always getting owned by Nef anf Leg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There can be only one Lord of the Elves
    And he does NOT SHARE POWER!!!!
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Nope when I started in January there were many big factions, Seppuku and Nemisis seemed stronger when they were around. Nef and Leg seemed to stay quiet most of the time.

PK oriented faction NWO owned about 3-4 lands around silver pool. Regicide, Rebirth, Soviet, 9Kings, Wiccanway, D'Gamers, Outlaw, Steel and some others have also had places on the map in the past.

Also SC, things aren't anywhere near that simple. Many high levels have their own reasons for not merging, bad blood between them, lack of interest in TW or they have an inflated ego and repulse others. Any money LG/Nef invested in getting those lands is being returned tenfold every week.

A TW reset will merely allow more people to enjoy the experience. If LG/Nef are truely strong then they win their lands back eventually. Currently the system is flawed making fake bids commonplace to protect 1k and arch. Also higher levels are usually lured into LG/Nef by the prospect of a salary. The sheer amount of land they own allows them access to a huge amount of money, meaning better gears, high level apothecary potions and various other bonuses.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    IMO the best thing to do is for all the high levels that aren't in Nef or Leg to make one faction together.

o you mean Steel? Because that worked well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You have a point. But most of the time ppl can't be bothered to put in the work i guess, I don't really know 'cos I'm a n00b.

Was the map always getting owned by Nef anf Leg?

Things used to be rather colorful on Sanctuary
    This is still one of my favorite maps http://area152.com/images/pwi/week3.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    News flash:

Most of the people on this forum who post threads are in the TW Factions.

People have pride. They dont want to admit failure, or stop grudging against other people who have burned them, or burnt themselves, in the past.

Immaturity, stubbornness, and pride get in the way of the higher levels actually doing something about the map.

It would also help, if the higher levels of the server didn't leave their factions to join one of the two superpowers, for the paycheck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Seeing alot of high lvl factions, some failed and some jumping ship too fast to even bigger factions at the first sight of trouble, I honestly dont want a map reset. That would mean those pple would start to worm out again, and frankly thats not an attribute you would consider if you had to choose only one or the other. b:surrender I think now is the best of times to see who stays for loyalty and hard worked rewards rather than ones who want things ready made and served.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What TW needs is a new system that allows more than 3 defenses per day.

For example a system that allows every map being attack in the weekends and randon TW time (this means it could happen 24 hours a day each day in weekends).

This way europeans/africans/asians could enter in the TW too^^, and I am pretty sure the map will win some new collors xD
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • KhaosShadow - Sanctuary
    KhaosShadow - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    A TW reset will merely allow more people to enjoy the experience. If LG/Nef are truely strong then they win their lands back eventually. Currently the system is flawed making fake bids commonplace to protect 1k and arch. Also higher levels are usually lured into LG/Nef by the prospect of a salary. The sheer amount of land they own allows them access to a huge amount of money, meaning better gears, high level apothecary potions and various other bonuses.

You can't attack 1k or archo unless you own 2 lands so no fake bids are needed to protect them =3. And considering the max refund difference between the guilds that normally bid for TW not many would have more fun then they do now. Maybe 1 week, but then strong guilds would get all the land and slowly nef/leg would take them all back.

I wouldn't say anyone has been "lured" by salary. This is a game, people play for various different reasons. If they need to be in one of the strongest guilds to have fun then thats fine. But I know a lot of nef/leg that aren't as stuck up as people believe and most are helpful rather then greedy.

The TW system is fine, it doesn't need to be changed at all. If you really want to see more color on the map then put the work in and build a guild strong enough to take one. Maybe it'll take you 2 years to do it, but if its something you REALLY want, then you gotta do what you gotta do.
    edited June 2009
    What I meant was, fake factions seem to enjoy placing bids near 1k/arch. Also one week? get real. A faction is only able to attack once a week, so we would have months of good TW's, interesting TW's.

I personally know several who have left factions purely for the money they'll get, granted they are nice people. I've run Fb's on alts with nefarious, the ego's and patronising language really pissed me off. I know they have nice members, but with that they also have some of the biggest ego's on the server.

The TW system is very flawed and needs changing, my suggestions are:

A faction must contain over 30 members lv.30+(to help prevent fake bids)

No limit on the amount of times you can defend at once(Adds realism to TW)

Allow lv.6+ Apothecary potions to all players(Removes an unneccasary advantage)

Map resets once things become too stale(One of the main advertised features of PW is TW, not everyone who wants to do it wants it to be just being ganked repeatedly)

Block a certain skill from TW(Forces a certain class to use stratergy instead of abusing a bug)

• _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The sheer amount of land they own allows them access to a huge amount of money, meaning better gears, high level apothecary potions and various other bonuses.

b:chuckle

You have no idea how funny this last is. I can grind more in a week than I made playing in Nef. All that land split among all that people doesn't add up to much. Then there are the expenses of TW itself. Doesn't even compare.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    What TW needs is a new system that allows more than 3 defenses per day.

For example a system that allows every map being attack in the weekends and randon TW time (this means it could happen 24 hours a day each day in weekends).

This way europeans/africans/asians could enter in the TW too^^, and I am pretty sure the map will win some new collors xD

Dom...this would make TW very difficult. At present the cost of defending or attacking is shockingly high. Also the limit of only 200 in a given faction ( forget that not all are active at the same time ) is crippling. There would be no point to it. Better to have a large PvP area that's always open with "forts" you can own simply for bragging rights like DAoC had. Less expensive and more fun.
  • Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary
    Burn_ur_ass - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only thing i would like to see changed in TW is the time. For example make it at 3 diferent times of a day, that way more people could get into TW. Personaly i cant cause its 4am in my country... if they make more schedules for TW then everybody could try it and maybe there wouldnt be much problem of people not being able to be on, cause some other people would.
    Saving Ladies...For the Old Fashioned Joy of Killing....

hope the only lady u wanna save is me sethie... b:cute
    edited June 2009
    Well Will it was just my opinion... I only had a chance to go TW one time (its not easy to get up at 4 am).

A few weeks ago when I was doing one FB with faction members (It was 8 pm for me, that means 12:00 in the server hour) an annoucement appears, a TW annoucement.

It was the first time and the only one that I saw a TW occuring at that time (12:00 for west americans, usually the TW are at 8 pm for west americans), I was like:
    Why this wont happen more times?

It was Leg vs. Nef TW (leg attacking, nef defending).

And now I ask:

Couldnt the TW all be around at 12:00 server time?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    edited June 2009
    I have a lot of foreign friends that play PWI that are unhappy with the TW time slots.

Unfortunately, that is one aspect of TW that is easily changed, but has not been done yet. But then again, not everyone can be pleased with what slots are available.

TW faction leaders have to know the system well enough to bid at a certain time to get a certain time slot. TheDan has pretty much perfected that skill, as everyone already knows lol.

But I do agree, 4am for Euro Players is really quite unfair to them. If it were pushed back to 2am, it could possibly bring a few more people to tolerate it. Then it would be 6pm PST for America. Not too shabby of a compromise, I think.

Perhaps post a suggestion in the PW Suggestion Forum, and submit tickets to customer service?

While your at it, let them know you would like an easier way to pay for gold. I hear a ton of people outside of America find it unfair that pre-paid PWI cards are so easily available in USA, but not in other countries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The way TW scheduling works is that there are 7 time slots that can each hold 3 TWs and here is the priority

1)Saturday night
    2)Friday night
    3)Sunday night
    4)Saturday afternoon
    5)Sunday afternoon
    6)Saturday morning
    7)Sunday morning

Because factions are defending and attacking, the system tries best to fill the higher priority time slots before resorting to the lower priority ones. If a faction has more than 9 TWs you will see some scheduled at unusal times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lol, we all know that all the foot soldiers in Nef are there for the pay. If the map is reset, Nef will break up in a thousand pieces. Whenever Nef have any kind of conflict (pk wbs, etc) with another faction, half their members starts trash talking, and the other half starts apologizing in pms saying they were just "using" Nef. Sorry if the secret that everyone knows is offensive to some people, but it is what it is.b:chuckle

Some Leg members might leave too, although they seems much more stable. Not as many opportunists.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Well Will it was just my opinion... I only had a chance to go TW one time (its not easy to get up at 4 am).

A few weeks ago when I was doing one FB with faction members (It was 8 pm for me, that means 12:00 in the server hour) an annoucement appears, a TW annoucement.

It was the first time and the only one that I saw a TW occuring at that time (12:00 for west americans, usually the TW are at 8 pm for west americans), I was like:
    Why this wont happen more times?

It was Leg vs. Nef TW (leg attacking, nef defending).

And now I ask:

Couldnt the TW all be around at 12:00 server time?

I think that's why they opened ( are opening ) other servers. The US servers are all more or less during US times. Unfortunately this means that those who want to do European time would have to go to one of those other servers and possibly start over. It would be nice if there was a character transfer tool. Transfer your account to a different server would be awesome.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Lol, we all know that all the foot soldiers in Nef are there for the pay. If the map is reset, Nef will break up in a thousand pieces. Whenever Nef have any kind of conflict (pk wbs, etc) with another faction, half their members starts trash talking, and the other half starts apologizing in pms saying they were just "using" Nef. Sorry if the secret that everyone knows is offensive to some people, but it is what it is.b:chuckle

Some Leg members might leave too, although they seems much more stable. Not as many opportunists.

Goose...I was in Nef and you couldn't be more wrong. The money is nice...no doubt about it but if that is your only reason for being there then you won't last long. So this is offensive but expected. All your post really is fishing for Leg. Your slip is showing.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    btw while I'm at it...both Nef and Leg are good guilds. There have been some things going on in the background in both factions that aren't worthy of either but that's politics.

Both of these groups have put in a huge amount of time and effort so kudos. You own the map and it's well deserved. Until some other group gets as dedicated and hungry as yours ( and lets face it...smart, well disciplined, and able to go the long haul ) things are not going to change.

Resetting the map, folks, won't change a thing. It would be back to two toned in a matter of however many weeks it takes to snap up 3 territories per week between these two. Get real. And the crying would be louder.

The basics of TW will have to change or Nef and Leg will have to loose a large portion of thier members through attrition/boredom for anything else to happen.
    edited June 2009
    Nefarious has already seen Falls(and Sasaki unless they are one and the same) quit.

edited June 2009
    Both of these groups have put in a huge amount of time and effort so kudos. You own the map and it's well deserved. Until some other group gets as dedicated and hungry as yours ( and lets face it...smart, well disciplined, and able to go the long haul ) things are not going to change.
    True and not true. Free MMO players usually quit on a rotating basis of 6months or so, there may be longer ones, but thats the average. You can assume half the pple who got nef to where they are now from the start are gone. Half are still there, the rest are pple who joined after they seen the silver platter being served. In a few months, this "well deserved" wording would probably apply to less than 25-30% of these pple sadly =/.

The basics of TW will have to change or Nef and Leg will have to loose a large portion of thier members through attrition/boredom for anything else to happen.
    boredom or poor choice in passing leadership management yeah.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2009

I think you might be mistaking bidding or something else with TW. TW's happen at 14:00 and 20:00 server time (Friday's only 20:00).
    edited June 2009
    I think you might be mistaking bidding or something else with TW. TW's happen at 14:00 and 20:00 server time (Friday's only 20:00).

Maybe is was 14:00, even if it was 14:00 server time it was 22:00 in my country I was awaken at that time and much possibly I could enter at TW at this time, like many other europeans.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Vahnhalia - Sanctuary
    Vahnhalia - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    As a member of Nefarious faction, we are told to respect TOS of PWI. Our leader told us that anyone caught making fake bids on an alt faction would be kicked. He stated this in faction chat. How is it that a rogue member that quits can do this and sabotage Nef by making a fake bid on his own? What is to stop any disgruntled member from quitting a faction and doing the same thing.

Under the current system, any disgruntled member can leave and make a fake bid on his ex faction to stab them in the back by getting its leaders suspended. Please reevaluate this policy. Id like to believe that the GMs aren't playing favorites with factions.
    edited June 2009
    QQ b:cry QQ b:cry QQ b:cry

You say this, when you know for a fact that Nefarious has been proven to make fake bids in the past? Not to mention, several of your members PK'd my own Leader in the lobby of the cube, and got him banned from self defending. And what retaliation came from that, that you would like to share with the public?

Nefarious does NOT have a clean slate. In fact, it could be ran through the dishwasher quite a few times. Im not surprised the GM's watch your faction closely. And Im sure they have the proof to back it up too.

edited June 2009
    Lol, GMs keep tabs on things. Once a faction loses creditability, like Nef did a long time ago, it's "guilty until proven innocent."

Seriously, they're running a business here. It's a simple matter of keeping the majority from quitting. If GMs don't act, a lot more people would be QQing. 200 people is nothing. This is especially true since Nef members are rich enough in coins to never buy any more zhen. They'll look at your account's recent zhen purchases, and that's your value to them.
  • Tabit - Sanctuary
    Tabit - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    What are all these complaints about resetting the map?

I think that is a cowardly thing to do. To be honest, Nefarious and Legendary earned their pay. I am not defending them because I am on their side. I am defending them because what if I were in their shoes. What would I do? Would I want the map reset because a bunch of people playing the game didn't challenge Nefarious or Legendary.

What the problem is, is that too many are lazy, or have greed, or do not have any sense of loyalty or honor.

If any group wants a Strong faction. It needs to be bound by exactly what it is. Loyalty.

If money is the drive for Nefarious's faction or Legendary's faction, then what happens when the guys in Nefarious or Legendary get so much of it saved up, they decide to have fun and challenge their leader? Think about that for a second. If greed truly drives
    them as some here claims, then eventually Nefarious and Legendary will fall. It is the rule of Nations from the histories of all mankind. It has shown that the strongest nations have fallen not from without, but from within. And usually greed, power, no sense of honor, and disloyatly are the drives to that fall of a Faction, Nation or Country.

What bound the other factions together that decided to challenge Nefarious or Legendary? Was it Greed? was it Power? Or was it Loyalty and Honor?

Name one Faction that currently is as large as Nefarious and has made an effort to challenge them.
    I am sure there are quite a few. But when you have to challenge a super power, you have to go at it with all your strength and destroy it completely and prove you are more powerful than they are. Have you done that?
    If so, then it was not enough or you do not know what is full power.

If you truly want to take down Nefarious or Legendary. Challenge them. Show you have guts. Any person who joins Nefarious or Legendary for Money, will eventually be satiated with it and decide it is boring if they have no loyalty. But if they have loyalty, (yes it can be paid for. But paid for loyalty is not as strong as earned loyalty) then you must have a stronger loyalty than they, and have a stronger fight than them.

Use Tactics, Intelligence, and Experience in their methods of fighting, and fight back to take them down. One piece at a time. One Territory at a Time.

Show your worth. Don't boast complaints. Show your Fire.

I have been on this game since last year in August, roughly. I am part of a small faction Wolves. I am not Leader anymore, but I did inherit Wolves once and I passed it on because of RL reasons and decided not to take up the torch again. In my experience, whining does not get the job done, it is hard work and effort that gets the job done. You want it done right, that's how you do it. Use your heads, not your mouths. Actions speak louder than words.
    edited June 2009
    What are all these complaints about resetting the map?

I think that is a cowardly thing to do. To be honest, Nefarious and Legendary earned their pay. I am not defending them because I am on their side. I am defending them because what if I were in their shoes. What would I do? Would I want the map reset because a bunch of people playing the game didn't challenge Nefarious or Legendary.

What the problem is, is that too many are lazy, or have greed, or do not have any sense of loyalty or honor.

If any group wants a Strong faction. It needs to be bound by exactly what it is. Loyalty.

If money is the drive for Nefarious's faction or Legendary's faction, then what happens when the guys in Nefarious or Legendary get so much of it saved up, they decide to have fun and challenge their leader? Think about that for a second. If greed truly drives
    them as some here claims, then eventually Nefarious and Legendary will fall. It is the rule of Nations from the histories of all mankind. It has shown that the strongest nations have fallen not from without, but from within. And usually greed, power, no sense of honor, and disloyatly are the drives to that fall of a Faction, Nation or Country.

What bound the other factions together that decided to challenge Nefarious or Legendary? Was it Greed? was it Power? Or was it Loyalty and Honor?

Name one Faction that currently is as large as Nefarious and has made an effort to challenge them.
    I am sure there are quite a few. But when you have to challenge a super power, you have to go at it with all your strength and destroy it completely and prove you are more powerful than they are. Have you done that?
    If so, then it was not enough or you do not know what is full power.

If you truly want to take down Nefarious or Legendary. Challenge them. Show you have guts. Any person who joins Nefarious or Legendary for Money, will eventually be satiated with it and decide it is boring if they have no loyalty. But if they have loyalty, (yes it can be paid for. But paid for loyalty is not as strong as earned loyalty) then you must have a stronger loyalty than they, and have a stronger fight than them.

Use Tactics, Intelligence, and Experience in their methods of fighting, and fight back to take them down. One piece at a time. One Territory at a Time.

Show your worth. Don't boast complaints. Show your Fire.

I have been on this game since last year in August, roughly. I am part of a small faction Wolves. I am not Leader anymore, but I did inherit Wolves once and I passed it on because of RL reasons and decided not to take up the torch again. In my experience, whining does not get the job done, it is hard work and effort that gets the job done. You want it done right, that's how you do it. Use your heads, not your mouths. Actions speak louder than words.

Very few original people are left. The people who earned their pay are no longer around. High lvls don't challenge them when they can join them for the $$$. They continue to absorb high level people, as old players on the top of the chain leaves for other games. It's different people under the same banner.
    edited June 2009

truth lol
    If you truly want to take down Nefarious or Legendary. Challenge them.
    There IS a faction atm that seems to be going out for Nef and LG. Although their method of recruitment is not the best. Literally stealing high lvl members I would say, because they keep on PMing the same pple on several occasions... The leader himself Ive heard had multiple claims, on him cheating pple out of TT drops. I think we can see a Steel V2 or a Nemesis V2 coming up soon, and by the method of recruitment, there lies no loyalty or honor.
    edited June 2009
    Dont forget also, Regicide has been relentlessly attacking every weekend for going on two months now. b:victory