CONTEST: Summer Action Blockbuster Trailer![closed]

Comments

• Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm really impressed by these videos so far! This is a good contest, and the gms will have a really hard time choosing the top 3.

@Looki but the time is flying by so fast b:shocked I'm not done yet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    So far the videos all look really awesome. Man, you guys are good at capturing action scenes. I need more practice with steering the camera I think. I'm in the last leg of making mine. Phew, I'm cutting it close. I hope by this weekend I can have a video to post here. If not, I guess it'll definitely be there by the deadline!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'm really impressed by these videos so far! This is a good contest, and the gms will have a really hard time choosing the top 3.

@Looki but the time is flying by so fast b:shocked I'm not done yet!

My problem is that I can't make another one anymore.. My own computer can't handle these programs.. It even has difficulties with PWI running on low graphics.. I can only make vid's at my bf his computer.. And well I normally see him in the weekends but this weekend I won't...b:cry(crying because I can't see him and crying because I can't make another vid)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    thnx
    idk if ill win tho
    i have a gut feeling that Kittennice is ganna kick me butt :P
    sides i think ur guy's videos have more action :Pb:victory

Lol, why would you think that?

b:avoidDid you look me up on youtube? -shifts eyes-

But anyways, your's is good.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    Felina - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ooooki so just playing it safe
    umm did perfectworld receive my video in the email
    just kinda wondering O.o

<----slightly freaked out that i dont see it on the pwi channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    We have yours Felina, I'm catching up on the submissions today. Check the channel in an hour and all the submissions that have been recently received will be on there.

EDIT: 11:26pm PST - all videos that we have received have been added to our youtube playlist. If you sent us a youtube link and you do not see it please send another e-mail with the subject "video resubmission" to ensure that we've got you covered.

Great work! They look really good so far.
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Here's the vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r7YzdlvKDE
    YouTube muted the sound, 'cause they say it might be copyrighted. I'm swapping the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wrWwum1HrA
    This is the same video with a different soundtrack. I was afraid the first one wouldn't meet the guidelines, so I made a back-up vid.

It's all live-action, there was not acting involved.
    I just noticed a spelling error ><, so I'll upload new videos.

***Updated links with corrected vids, "rebirth not rebith" lol***
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqrhfbm_mDg
    YouTube muted the sound, 'cause they say it might be copyrighted. I'm swapping the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfA7xj65r8
    This is the same video with a different soundtrack. I was afraid the first one wouldn't meet the guidelines, so I made a back-up vid.

you sent us the new version right? to that e-mail address?
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    event_details_banner_Video.jpg

So far PWI users have proven themselves adept at writing games reviews, designing desktop calendar wallpapers, crafting witty captions and capturing epic screenshots! To add some variety to the mix we are offering to our users a new creative challenge - PWI's Summer Blockbuster Trailer contest!

For this creative challenge we are looking for any and all aspiring video capture and editing wizards to craft a Hollywood-esque, Summer action blockbuster type movie trailer.

Not sure what we mean by 'Summer action blockbuster' trailer? Check out this VIDEO for an example:

There's many different ways to craft your video but the key is to make it trailer-esque and to give it a Summer Blockbuster vibe. Pull that off and you may be on your way to winning some truly RARE and epic loot.

But first, the details:

1. Create an action movie-esque trailer that features PWI. The entire video must be composed and captured within PWI and no other elements may be used (eg - clips from other games or movies). For those of you new to the world of video capturing and editing we suggest you give the free version of FRAPS a try (but please crop out the watermark on the free version if possible).

2. Upload your movie to YouTube. Please add the tag "Perfect World International" and "PWI" to your video.

3. Email the link of your YouTube video to us at events@perfectworldinc.com

4. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. (Pacific) on Wednesday, June 24!

And of course, the prizes(!):

- The first place winner will receive ANY Ground Mount of their choice. When we say 'any' we mean ANY. Any, as in even mounts that aren't currently available in PWI. Should you win feel free to check out sites such as ecatomb for info on other mounts available in other versions of this game.

- 2nd and 3rd place will receive ANY (for clarification on 'any' see above) flying mount of their choice!

Seriously, how awesome is that?...So awesome!

And finally, lets get down to the nitty-gritty shall we?

RULEZ & REGS:

- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube.
    - Users may submit multiple entries. The sky is the limit, don't be afraid to take chances!
    - Vids must be a minimum of 1:30 Minutes and a Max of 5:00 Minutes.
    - Vids must be made within PWI
    - Feel free to use any music of your choice, but be sure that there are no offensive lyrics, profanity, etc.
    - Any videos with objectionable content will be immediately rejected for consideration.
    - Winners will be chosen by PWE Staff and all decisions are final.
    - Entries will be graded on creativity, video editing quality and overall level of awesomeness!
    ._. dvorak u used teh colours of a football team of my city ^.^
    yay viole :P

im from Mariborb:chuckle link---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlAQ8ewJyOw&feature=related

Viole=Maribor and the enemies of us :P green dragons.. grrrr

the games usualy cause large chaos... at tehyre last game tehy put up a fence and ppl climbed it and it was sooo sharp tehyre fingers were cut off :S i was tehre too XD my shoes were bloody (im not joking) stupid idiotic fans always throw something out there too <.<
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfgang - Dreamweaver Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    you sent us the new version right? to that e-mail address?

I just did, Mr. Spoons. There was a legion event in Dreamweaver Port, I just upload vids in my free time :P

It will be a bit before I can swap the audio out, which I'll have to do on the one vid. I'll leave the old vids up with the spelling error, just 'cause ppl may have seen them already and I don't want to confuse them.

P.S. This was the first vid I ever edited. It's quite fun so I might have to do more later.
  • extreme08
    extreme08 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Do i have to use the perfect world international logo? If yes where i can find the fotage with it?. My video will soon be out mwhahab:laugh
    - quited pw bb b:bye
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ._. dvorak u used teh colours of a football team of my city ^.^
    yay viole :P

im from Mariborb:chuckle link---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlAQ8ewJyOw&feature=related

Viole=Maribor and the enemies of us :P green dragons.. grrrr

the games usualy cause large chaos... at tehyre last game tehy put up a fence and ppl climbed it and it was sooo sharp tehyre fingers were cut off :S i was tehre too XD my shoes were bloody (im not joking) stupid idiotic fans always throw something out there too <.<

oh same here. Go Vikings!
    and our enemies are green too. Packers b:bye

(american football) hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Ok! So! I stayed up all night and finished it XD. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, since i was dead tired at work. But I was on a roll.

I've already submitted my entry but I thought I would post it here too. I want a kool poster to go with my movie too (T_T)

Please watch this in HQ. And I aplogize ahead of time, I read about consideration for hearing impaired players. I don't have much text, mostly everything is audio. I'm really sorry about this. If you like, I can post a transcript too. Enjoy!

Perfect Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Great job on your submission NaoShimai! No other video had me laughing that much so far.

Still working on my video, but couldn't resist throwing up the movie poster I made.

venorik.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
    edited June 2009
    4 more days. Hmmm.. can I make it?

To Venorik: Nice poster.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    The video's coming up now are really nice!!!

I think I needda surrender..b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Quick clarification - would it be acceptable to ask for this as a mount? b:laugh
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    hope they make another video contest

this is alot of funb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Venorik!

I second that, Felina. This is great fun! My dream job would be to direct movies, so this kind of thing is appealing to that. XD you can ask my faction mates, i turned on 'director' mode for the video. I just hope they don't hate me after having to do the same scene like 8 times before we got it just so, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited June 2009
    I just hope they don't hate me after having to do the same scene like 8 times before we got it just so, lol.

I know the feelingb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Felina - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ya recently i have thought about it as a career option, a lot of fun
    i just don't like acting so bossy, which when i was making this video i was very bossy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, for better or worse, it's done.
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    nice Kephras! It felt very trailer esque to me, like it really could have been for a movie. I like it =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
    edited June 2009
    35 more secondsb:victory
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • StilleR - Harshlands
    StilleR - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    Whoa whoa whoa o_o! Stiller, are you using after effects for the text? How did you do the text and kool lighting at the end there?Where it says the movie title? That was awesome! This was my first experience with after effects, so I don't know how to do all that really kool stuff yet. Anyways, good scene arrangement!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • StilleR - Harshlands
    StilleR - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Whoa whoa whoa o_o! Stiller, are you using after effects for the text? How did you do the text and kool lighting at the end there?Where it says the movie title? That was awesome! This was my first experience with after effects, so I don't know how to do all that really kool stuff yet. Anyways, good scene arrangement!

Yes, after effects. Not that hard to do, just some textures, some particles...
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Indeed, loved the effect for the titles at the end there StilleR ^^

Edit: Finally done with my submission! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
    edited June 2009
    Well, for better or worse, it's done.

Very nice:)

How did you do the voice-overs? You used your own voice and a program to chance it in something MOVIE soundalike?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]