Cleric
BM
Archer
Wiz
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
- Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
Post edited by XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear
    XBloodKingx - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    just bumping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]you have just meet death

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

credit to ForsakenX for the sig
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BM and barb suck, any tard can play them :| their most diffucult job is remembering when to alacrity/watching when to heavens flame, big woop. other than that its finger bashing hotkeys spamming moves over and over.

and sui did you make a new char off sanct?
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno

venomous.. venomous.. ironwood, repeat, throw in some other same looking scarab moves once in awhile.

@ solo bosses: pet heal, repeat till dead
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    id actually agree with above, veno's are pretty boring, dont really have many exiting skills and just spam the same attacks
  • Esteban - Harshlands
    Esteban - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    BM and barb suck, any tard can play them :| their most diffucult job is remembering when to alacrity/watching when to heavens flame, big woop. other than that its finger bashing hotkeys spamming moves over and over.

This coming from a veno? LOL
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    agreed with you esteban, i use a BM as a main since open beta, and i love it. Uhave tons of strategy to use, if u are all weps BM u rock, fast switch between weps in the middle of the batle to use different debuffs, plus genies debufs and thunderstorm b:pleased.

Ive played all the classes till lvl30, One of the most enjoyable was archers, wow, it is fun as hell, wizards its kool but a litle dificult to solo, but i heard at higher lvl its diferent, and they just rock in TW. Dont like too much clerics cause its just not my type of class, but i know its the better class in all game because they r the ones who keep us alive b:thanks

The one i dint enjoyed too much was veno, not because its bad, but because i like to be in the edge of the battle, not leave it to my pet.

So, my dear Tearvalerin, im not trying to bash u or anything, just want to tell u i disagree with ur opinion, i don't know if u have an bm as an alt, but the fun begins at later lvls, if u don't have one, them try it first before u post a hasty opinion.

BM FTW b:victory

PD: W/O bars, we all be dead as well, so high five for all the pwi barbs b:victory
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno is actually probably the most complicated class to play. My typical boss fight in a group goes:

Send pet in, pet auto-fires Pierce (15 sec pdef debuff)
    Cast Venomous
    Manually trigger pet Howl (15 sec mdef debuff)
    Switch to fox form
    Amp target (20% damage increase)
    Befuddling mist (70% accuracy debuff)
    Get in a few melee attacks while waiting for fox form cooldown
    Manually trigger pet Threaten (15 sec attack debuff)
    Hit genie skill Extreme Poison (26% damage increase) if ready
    Switch back to caster form
    Pet pierce has probably worn off by now, so cast Ironwood (10 sec pdef debuff)
    Tank probably has aggro by a safe margin, so manually trigger pet Flesh Ream
    Cast Venomous
    Cast some other scarab
    30 sec have passed, start from the top again.

If the tank just sparked or complains, send him some chi.
    If Brambles wears off the tank, reapply it.
    If another mob wanders into the fight, retarget pet to attack it (while keeping boss amped).
    If low on mana, use mana replenish / mp-hp swap / hp replenish skill as needed.
    If low on hp, use leech while in fox form.

It's just that they can be effective when played simply. You can play them mashing the same 3 skills over and over if it suits you.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    anyone seen archers grind?
    frost - hit til dead
    or
    winged shell - hit til dead

on incr def/incr life
    frost - hitx2 - knockback - either winged shell - hit til dead or aim low - hit til dead

sac assault/weak
    hit til dead
  • Feinrel - Heavens Tear
    Feinrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    nice solandri, now i feel like playing my veno again xD, i actually think every class its fun for its player, if u just use a bunhc of macros, its boring, but if u creat some strategys based on quick response, skills and for every situation, every class has its beautis :P And besides, flaming on other classes its meh, not every1 have the same taste.

Saying this....i am a happy "tard" b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    clicking pet skills and buffing your tank.

so hard.

so.. interesting.

b:sleep
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Barbarian. Or any melee class, imo. I have a preference for magic though. I've tried all the classes but playing Barb was excruciatingly boring. All I had to do was click mob, click attack, pick up ****, repeat. I could only bear watching my Tiger man mindlessly slap stuff with his axe for only so long. No wonder I saw bots in level 10 areas...
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    before spam s hit about barbs make one and level it, I bet u'll change idea

barbs are boring, and while ppl can macro and go afk we always have to stay at the computer, while tanking bosses and while zhen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Archers can get pretty boring after a while since you're not that needed in HH or FBs as much, but at least you can go pk
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    clicking pet skills and buffing your tank.

so hard.

so.. interesting.

b:sleep

lol, if that is the case the same can be said for clerics.
    clicking your own skills and buffing the tank
    lololololol

there is actually a lot more to veno's than sending in pet and healing it, unless you are tanking of course

most of the time my fingers are flying everywhere
    switching back and forth from fox form to caster, debuffing, buffing the party, transferring chi, DDing, regen mana, maybe do the life swap thingee...
    "Boring" is very subjective and is different for every single person, but most people will say veno because they think all we do is send in pet and then go make a sandwich...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lololololol

there is actually a lot more to veno's than sending in pet and healing it, unless you are tanking of course

switching back and forth from fox form to caster, debuffing, buffing the party, transferring chi, DDing, regen mana, maybe do the life swap thingee...
    "Boring" is very subjective and is different for every single person, but most people will say veno because they think all we do is send in pet and then go make a sandwich...

I should try that some time lol XD

But ya, I agree with you.

Character builds are more fun if you play with them b:victory You'll never know what will happen.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol yuppers!

I love it when there is a barb tanking, that way I actually DO send in my pet and make a sammich LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    They can all be boring at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lololololol

it's a lot more interesting when i'm actually needed and have a job to do. there's some action behind clerics, you just.. sit there and watch something else do damage for you.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno, but that's just bias playing in. Venomous, Ironwood, Lucky, Venomous...zzz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    it's a lot more interesting when i'm actually needed and have a job to do. there's some action behind clerics, you just.. sit there and watch something else do damage for you.

Dont clerics do the same? I mean like venos dont just sit there they gotta heal as well just like cleric heal their tank. Yes clerics can dd but so do venos o.o .

edit - i do vote veno as most boring though even though i have one lol. I just feel like lvling my pet is a chore i dunno why but i do.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    why do people just assume pets are so much stronger than the veno? we dont 'hide behind a pet' and let it do all the work, last i checked i out damage my stupid pet.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Veno, it's just not the same as other classes. With any other class your always in the action, when you have a walking shield that can take on 3 to 4 mobs your level with the occasional heal it feels very dull. Besides status inducing spells suck.

I play a Wizard for the thrill of the fight, the big numbers that like to pop up on my screen and the strategy thats involved in the soloing. Level 20-60 is a very trying experience, it's the reason that there are very few Wizard's at high levels, and with a wizard life begin's at 60. Suddenly a switch flicks and the odds are in our favour.

I've also played other classes(all except elven classes) my first character was a BM, but I sucked at it and screwed up my build majorly. I've now made a second BM and am doing much better.(I plan on restatting my first one at some point)

Barbarians are interesting(played one till 20 so far, currently my main played alt), the misses can be annoying and mobs don't drop as fast but it's quite a fun class to play, looks like a class you can't really judge until you experience tanking/aoeing and the like at later levels.

Cleric's and archers I haven't really played but plan on doing in the future.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited June 2009
    Options
    why do people just assume pets are so much stronger than the veno? we dont 'hide behind a pet' and let it do all the work, last i checked i out damage my stupid pet.
    lalalalalala
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I can see why people would see Venos quite mundane. However, I chose the veno class for a reason and I quite enjoy playing a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Dont clerics do the same? I mean like venos dont just sit there they gotta heal as well just like cleric heal their tank. Yes clerics can dd but so do venos o.o .

edit - i do vote veno as most boring though even though i have one lol. I just feel like lvling my pet is a chore i dunno why but i do.

besides the point. they heal 1 pet and wait for it to kill something. what if something happens?

archer takes aggro(who saw that coming?) > cleric has to stop healing the tank that very second and switch to the archer. you don't get 1 heal that does all as a cleric, we have a variety for every different situation. i can't use ironheart one an archer, he'll die. i have to switch my heal to wellspring surge and time each and every heal until the tank regains aggro and hope i can heal the tank enough before his hiero ticks.

what does a veno do if they take aggro?

run in circles.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    what does a veno do if they take aggro?

run in circles.

<3 Feral Concentration & Bramble Hood
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Venos r very boring... I made a lvl 15.... and it is soooooooo boring..
  • thankssir
    thankssir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options

a tard can play a barb and bm??? A premature baby with down syndrome could play a veno.... all you do is set your nix on whatever and press your attack button and heal occasionaly... pft. atleast BM/barbs are needed for squads
    Venos r very boring... I made a lvl 15.... and it is soooooooo boring..
    so true
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    veno=most boring
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i voted BM

venos are interesting cuz tehyre animalsb:tired more or less

barbs are interesting cuz i squad with em :D

wizards are just... not usefull if u ask me.. (sory Witchb:surrender...u ppl have squat exept DDingb:cry sry)

archers are interesting because of tehyre casting of skills if u ask me

BMs soooooo boring they come kill the mob almost die trying and then run alongb:sleep

clerics? well i think were the most not boring XD if u dont pay atention u die XD
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.