What Class do u think is most boring

Comments

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    besides the point. they heal 1 pet and wait for it to kill something. what if something happens?

archer takes aggro(who saw that coming?) > cleric has to stop healing the tank that very second and switch to the archer. you don't get 1 heal that does all as a cleric, we have a variety for every different situation. i can't use ironheart one an archer, he'll die. i have to switch my heal to wellspring surge and time each and every heal until the tank regains aggro and hope i can heal the tank enough before his hiero ticks.

what does a veno do if they take aggro?

run in circles.

You said what does a veno do it lets something else do the damage thats just like a cleric. Cleric does have more variety of heals but its still the same thing u said, you heal and let the others do damage and sneak in a couple shots when u can or feel like it, right? Maiya already answered what they do when they take agro.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Every class can be boring and can be challenging to play. It's all up to the person behind the character...how they decide to play it. Peoples can be lazy and choose the easy way to grind or the fun way to grind.

Example:

BM (boring way): use hp charm and mp charm to aoe away w/o have to worry about hp. Run around gather mobs and then skills away until they die.

BM (fun way): Instead of hp charm and mp charm...use apoth pots and normal pots. Gather mobs, stun them, do 2 aoes....run around to gather some more and repeat the process until the mobs die (only 2 aoes...more than that can hurt your hp quite bit). Use dew of god or dark green orbs if you're about to die. Also bring flourish orbs to regen your hp and mp quickly.

Veno (boring way): Send in pet....use 1 or 2 skills and heal pets.

Veno (fun way): Do all those stuff that tear and couple veno mentioned.

As you can see with the two classes above...there are exciting ways to play and there are boring ways to play. It's all up to the person behind the character and not the character itself.b:pleased

Edit: I didn't choose any class because I believe every class can be boring and exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kosake666
    kosake666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Veno

With a decent pet, or a ungodly amount of money for a herc, any veno can pretty much solo anything, all of there own FBs, and they can AFK grind using a herc if they know where to go. (Seems almost like a level bot)

They never have to interact with other players, they can stay 100% solo from everything else, and just do the same thing over, and over, and over, and over....
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Example:

BM
    Veno

i see u have a veno alt...?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    besides the point. they heal 1 pet and wait for it to kill something. what if something happens?

archer takes aggro(who saw that coming?) > cleric has to stop healing the tank that very second and switch to the archer. you don't get 1 heal that does all as a cleric, we have a variety for every different situation. i can't use ironheart one an archer, he'll die. i have to switch my heal to wellspring surge and time each and every heal until the tank regains aggro and hope i can heal the tank enough before his hiero ticks.

what does a veno do if they take aggro?.

run in circles.
    Interesting how people seems to think everyone else's job is so easy. Aside from barbs, veno pets are the only other PC-controlled entity in the game which can have the Roar skill (instantly grabs aggro). When playing my veno, I always watch what everyone else is doing so I can redirect my pet to pull aggro off someone who accidentally takes it, or (for clerics) deliberately takes aggro because s/he has no choice.

Best example I can think of was a ****-up in an FB in a 3-person group (cleric, veno, archer). My veno had pulled 1 mob which we were fighting. The archer's nephew did something causing an object to fall on his keyboard, sending the archer running straight into the rest of the mobs. By the time he recovered, he was at half hp and had 3 mobs chasing him. The cleric didn't heal him because that would mean 3 mobs chasing her.

As soon as I saw the archer running at the other mobs, I switched my target to one of the mobs just in case. When the archer got aggro, I immediately ordered my pet after the new target. The archer knew the cleric would get aggro if she healed him, so he ran straight for my pet. As soon as the cleric saw my pet hit one of the extra mobs, she healed the archer (now almost dead). I had to pause a moment to heal my pet.

The two remaining mobs were after the cleric, but she was sensible and instead of running away, she made a big circle so the archer and I could get the mobs off her without chasing them too far. I sent the pet after one, changed targets, and nuked the other. The archer also attacked one of the mobs (I think the one I nuked). That pulled the last two mobs off the cleric, giving her a chance to heal herself.

The last extra mob hit me while I was healing my pet (now with 3 mobs beating on it) and ordering it to attack the last mob. Soul Transfusion was on cooldown, but the cleric healed me just as the archer pulled the mob off me. My pet hit it then, and I started spam healing to keep my pet alive with 4 mobs attacking it (fortunately they were ~15 levels lower, though in an FB they still hit plenty hard). The cleric and archer figured out which mob the pet was attacking, and killed that first. The rest were a cake walk.

We got out of that situation alive because we anticipated problems before they happened, knew the abilities of and problems faced by the other classes, and rather than acting to save ourselves we did what we could to make it easier for our teammates save us. Each of us did things which normally would've gotten us killed, but which saved a teammate and/or made it easier for a teammate to save us. I think that's a much more healthy and helpful way to think of other classes, as opposed to thinking they just sit there hitting the same few keys over and over. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    i see u have a veno alt...?

yup i got a veno, cleric, and barb alts. They're all low lvl tho...so have yet to experience all their play styles. The highest out of all the alt is the veno...lvl 61.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tehfishy - Heavens Tear
    Tehfishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009

what does a veno do if they take aggro?

run in circles.

ok if the pet dies you OMG send in another pet. OR OMG you have to be on your toes and cast bramble hood > pot > summon pet > rebuff pet > send pet in.
    All while keeping yourself alive.

Oh, I forgot to mention you have to revive your currently dead pet while doing all this.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    why do people just assume pets are so much stronger than the veno? we dont 'hide behind a pet' and let it do all the work, last i checked i out damage my stupid pet.

This is so true!! In lvling pets on my veno, I find that it is not difficult to pull aggro. Except for my nix, the others do relatively LOW damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ok if the pet dies you OMG send in another pet. OR OMG you have to be on your toes and cast bramble hood > pot > summon pet > rebuff pet > send pet in.
    All while keeping yourself alive.

Oh, I forgot to mention you have to revive your currently dead pet while doing all this.

god that's so exciting.

last 2-3 i did vs ashura:

veno lured, tank took aggro. 3rd time, easily done.

bb was set up late by our 2nd cleric.

ashura hit our tank for 21,600~ damage.

our tank died.

cleric took aggro from bb being active now, cleric dies

i'm just finishing ressing the tank

archer has aggro now because he hit ashura without paying attention

i just finishing buffing the tank/he buffing himself and healing him 4 times, he attacks ashura

i res the the other cleric as he was running towards ashura, i open bb

other cleric resses the archer, then proceeds to heal the tank.

veno presses the "bramble hood" button, and revives their herc when something goes wrong.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Clerics
    Zhen - blue ball and afk for the rest of the hour
    Questing - just combo cyclone and plume for most the mobs
    Healing - just combo wellspring and ironheart, then afk for the rest of it (90% of the time)
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    BM and barb suck, any tard can play them :| their most diffucult job is remembering when to alacrity/watching when to heavens flame, big woop. other than that its finger bashing hotkeys spamming moves over and over.

and sui did you make a new char off sanct?

Tear's mad, probably just gets mad at constantly being **** by other Barbs and BM's.
    hehe :P

I don't think any class is necessarily "boring", just preferred more by others.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Clerics
    if they want to be banned.
    if they want to die.
    Healing - just combo wellspring and ironheart, then afk for the rest of it (90% of the time)
    never in all of my experience has a cleric gone afk while healing.

• Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    BM and barb suck, any tard can play them :| their most diffucult job is remembering when to alacrity/watching when to heavens flame, big woop. other than that its finger bashing hotkeys spamming moves over and over.

and sui did you make a new char off sanct?

In a pve server bms probably are easy to play. However on a pvp server bms have to be good at stunlocking and require a degree of actual skill to play.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In a pve server bms probably are easy to play. However on a pvp server bms have to be good at stunlocking and require a degree of actual skill to play.

Especially the ones with a little bit of weaker attacks and not the "stun lock" ability b:victory
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    all the classes are boring in pw.
    well theres only what 6? need more classes or second class change - like now.. something original this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caleene - Sanctuary
    Caleene - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    volst wrote: »
    Clerics

Not even the slightest bit correct. If we did that, we would be kicked out of a squad faster than a blink.
  • kajeous
    kajeous Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its all about the venos. yeah, it gets kinda, boring with not so exciting skills. but being able to tame your own pet, and able to solo everything in your path makes up for it. if you wanna make it through the game depending on everyone for help, choose a cleric or other, but venos will level you the fastest, witout the constant problem of "whose gonna help me now?".
  • kajeous
    kajeous Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its all about the venos. yeah, it gets kinda, boring with not so exciting skills. but being able to tame your own pet, and able to solo everything in your path makes up for it. if you wanna make it through the game depending on everyone for help, choose a cleric or other, but venos will level you the fastest, witout the constant problem of "whose gonna help me now?".
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Veno is not the most boring. People may say that because its the easiest. There is always prejudice against the easiest class to lvl.

To me leveling several pets as you go breaks up the leveling process and makes grinding not seem as bad compared to other classes.

Being able to to solo a mini boss other roles need a team or a higher level player to kill is not boring. Whats more boring waiting to get a team together or just go there and kill it yourself even if that means many pet heals.

I have a veno, a cleric and a wizard. Veno is the funniest and definitely not boring, the easiest to level, the cheapest when it comes to repairs and pots and can also PvP decent. It can accomplish many things other roles can not and being able to do that, is not boring. People just pick on veno cause its easy. Can anyone who actually played a veno honestly say its more boring than other roles? MMORPGs in general get boring at times. Veno keep the progress moving and that makes game less boring also.

I tried to make a barb and it sits at lvl 5 so i guess that was the most boring to me. I'm guessing the same with many players, cause less barbs than any other roll.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hard to choose.... half is boring to the extreme b:surrender (Boring cleric, and mages...)

Why? Any class with low P.DMG, HP and P.DEF is boring b:bye... I hate being a mage, and definately I like playing my own gender. I love by barb and BM for life, and archers (even though archers are squishy if they got no vit) b:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    IMHO Venos are not boring, if they were I don't think there would not be so many high level Venos.

(BTW the low number of votes at this time and the somewhat biased population of voters makes this vote technically "statistically" not accurate at this time.)

I can't believe that people level up Venos simply because it is easy ... there must be a fair amount of enjoyment involved.

I have started a few other chars in other classes and I find it hard to be motivated to go back to level them because to me the grind on those classes is boring.

The Veno is fun if you use the pets and the challenges available to them. Like trying to take on a tough boss that normally needs a full group or Barb/Cleric. Or using a "useless fluffy" pet to tank for fun. Etc.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    IMHO Venos are not boring, if they were I don't think there would not be so many high level Venos.

(BTW the low number of votes at this time and the somewhat biased population of voters makes this vote technically "statistically" not accurate at this time.)

I can't believe that people level up Venos simply because it is easy ... there must be a fair amount of enjoyment involved.

I have started a few other chars in other classes and I find it hard to be motivated to go back to level them because to me the grind on those classes is boring.

The Veno is fun if you use the pets and the challenges available to them. Like trying to take on a tough boss that normally needs a full group or Barb/Cleric. Or using a "useless fluffy" pet to tank for fun. Etc.

There are so many venos because it's the best class to farm for money. Beside playing veno is fun....i love catching pets and test them outb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I like veno because its much more flexible than other classes,can go off and do most things without needing a squad to wipe your butt :)
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i voted BM cause i cant seem to make myself level her past level 3... its just .. ugh I dont care for melee classes much anyways barb is my second least favorite but i grudgingly leveled him up to 60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only classes I haven't tried yet is the BM and cleric classes. Until then, if I ever I do, I can't decide and make a vote. b:puzzled
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tear's mad, probably just gets mad at constantly being **** by other Barbs and BM's.
    hehe :P

I don't think any class is necessarily "boring", just preferred more by others.
    lol i bet you i can one shot you :P. BMs do not give me trouble whatsoever :)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    just one problem with this poll...something missing. the voting option of "no class is boring"!b:laugh

it all depends on what *you* find fun to play. some are easier than others, some take more time...like my archer, who is driving me buggy, trying to level her!b:chuckle but i have played all of them, and like them all...and i *do* play them all. when i get frustrated with my main, or just want a change of pace, i switch over to an alt, and its like a new game, in many ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2009
    Not even the slightest bit correct. If we did that, we would be kicked out of a squad faster than a blink.
    Both of you do know that afk doesn't always mean 10 miles away from the keyboard, right?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hard to choose.... half is boring to the extreme b:surrender (Boring cleric, and mages...)

Why? Any class with low P.DMG, HP and P.DEF is boring b:bye... I hate being a mage, and definately I like playing my own gender. I love by barb and BM for life, and archers (even though archers are squishy if they got no vit) b:victoryb:victory

Why does this sound like you've been playing a Wiz/Cleric and whacking things with your sword? O_o
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yup i got a veno, cleric, and barb alts. They're all low lvl tho...so have yet to experience all their play styles. The highest out of all the alt is the veno...lvl 61.b:chuckle
    a alt the same lvl as me .... -.- i rly gota lvl...(been lvling genie dont ask me why i dont know myself...)
    Why does this sound like you've been playing a Wiz/Cleric and whacking things with your sword? O_o
    STALKER STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!.............RUNNNN FOR THE HILLS *flyes up and hides in heawens tear*

lol Witch check out the cleric section a cleric wanted to be a BM with wingsb:chuckle
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.