Douchebaggery contines...

Comments

• Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I was disappointed by this thread. I thought you were gonna mention certain factions and it's members for doing douchebaggery things. Oh well. b:bye
  • Fyrah - Sanctuary
    Fyrah - Sanctuary Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's okay, Xena. There's a ton of that as well.
    You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had. Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret.
  • Rcrmichael_ - Heavens Tear
    Rcrmichael_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol I seen this in wc! Buyer beware ! :s

mm ahh well no one sells subs for 65k on heavens tear anyways!!!

you are crazy!! :s lol
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its a 100% scam and intentional, gm perma ban all his accounts kthx

I do wonder if this is a bannable offense (or even worthy of a warning). Is it douchebaggery? Sure. Should that be bannable? I don't think so. Douchebaggery occurs all the time on every server, why should this particular form of it be singled out for a ban? All that is being done is the taking advantage of people that are too impatient to read an item description. If taking advantage of players is a bannable offense then 90% of people that PvP need to be banned. PvP servers would be pretty empty if only the sweet and innocent players were left.

P.S. Is it just me or does Douchebaggery sound like a Hobbit name?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its in the ToS scamming is bannable i believe pretty sure it was quoted in the other thread about this

edit
    "(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;"

it says that actions may be taken at PWs discretion, so i guess it doesnt specifically say bannable, but it is an offense

Part 11 of ToS User Conduct (for ToS scoll to bottom of page and click Terms of Services)
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The scam probably didn't work too well. I doubt most people would pay 65k for Ultimate Substance. I think getting Ultimate Substances for 50k is not hard. Not only trying to scam but a damn greedy scammer going for 65k.

I waiting to see someone trying to sell Element Crystals as Tough Shard of Gold Armor one day.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    its in the ToS scamming is bannable i believe pretty sure it was quoted in the other thread about this

edit
    "(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;"

it says that actions may be taken at PWs discretion, so i guess it doesnt specifically say bannable, but it is an offense

Part 11 of ToS User Conduct (for ToS scoll to bottom of page and click Terms of Services)
    but youre not defrauding anyone, you can clearly see the name of the item, and the price. sure its a loophole, but its as easily avoidable as it is to fall for it.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    "(j) ...Enrage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized...

Fixed. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • HuntresPrime - Lost City
    HuntresPrime - Lost City Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    some people just do what they can to get by..
    i dont blame him. i blame peoples stupidity of rushing to buy something cheap before they take to time to look at their product.

JUST BECAUSE ITS CHEAP doesn't mean its good. remember that people.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The scam probably didn't work too well. I doubt most people would pay 65k for Ultimate Substance. I think getting Ultimate Substances for 50k is not hard.

Its rather hard on HT. Average sub prices used to be 60k a few months back. Now they keep oscillating between 75-90k each.

But tbh, people should really check wth they are buying before they click 'buy'.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Sumerisle - Dreamweaver
    Sumerisle - Dreamweaver Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Personally, I would be cautious if I find something too cheap. Usually, it is too good to be true.
    Believe, level 2 Dreamweaver faction recruiting all classes. PM me in-game or drop me a message for more info!
  • Alaprozam - Dreamweaver
    Alaprozam - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No doubt its a scam, but what is stopping him from saying he had ultimate and had sold out before the screen shot was taken.

Also I didnt see "ultimate" in the title of the cat shop. Just the word "sub". Is it the fault of the seller that everyone assumes he means he has "ultimate" substances for sale?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    we can't blame the guilds because they recruit levels only. after all TW is all about greed and **** up each other...

it's a proven fact noobs respect and admire these guilds. that's why they get cheated so easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hahahaha. That's clever.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    we can't blame the guilds because they recruit levels only. after all TW is all about greed and **** up each other...

it's a proven fact noobs respect and admire these guilds. that's why they get cheated so easily.

They do?...I have yet to meet one that does...but okay...maybe you have met some.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    some people just do what they can to get by..
    i dont blame him. i blame peoples stupidity of rushing to buy something cheap before they take to time to look at their product.

JUST BECAUSE ITS CHEAP doesn't mean its good. remember that people.

You know what, I might just set up a few of these type of shops myself. No one will blame me, a lot of people will stick up for me and my scam victims will be the ones who get ridiculed.
    I'm pretty much declining a chance of free, perfectly fair and just, easy cash by not setting up a shop like this. I'd be pretty much crazy not to... O_o

brb while I go afk punish stupid people ^_^
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There's another on in Arch on HT. It says selling ultimate subs for 25k. It looked fishy so I checked and it was healing orbs. Watch out for that shop.

Hint: If it's too cheap that person is a [beep]
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    No doubt its a scam, but what is stopping him from saying he had ultimate and had sold out before the screen shot was taken.
    That would make it even more of a scam. Have one stack of USes and another stack of the orbs at the same price. People price- and item-check the US, figure it's legit, and drag the other stack to the buy window.
    Also I didnt see "ultimate" in the title of the cat shop. Just the word "sub". Is it the fault of the seller that everyone assumes he means he has "ultimate" substances for sale?
    I'd say the fault lies with PWI for limiting shop descriptions to 13 characters. Because of the limit, I don't think anyone actually expects to see the word "ultimate" in any shop's name (unless that's the only thing it's selling). It's common for ultimate substances to be abbreviated as subs.

Regardless, it's really quite simple. A fair trade is one in which both the buyer and seller get what they are expecting at the price they are expecting. Any trade which attempts to, through deception, misdirection, whatever, get a price the buyer or seller would consider to be unfair if they weren't being pressured or tricked, is a scam. The fact that you can avoid the deception by being careful does not stop it from being a scam. It's the intent to deceive which makes it a scam.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    question is, should we really feel remorse for the victims of these deceptions? is it their own fault for being ignorant and grabbing something without looking? i mean 'sloth/lethargy' is a deadly sin to the catholics, correct? maybe , if we werent so careless and lazy about it, being more aware, we can prevent ourselves from falling victim to deception.

lrn 2 pay attention bretheren, you will save yourselves much trouble.
  • DocHealMe - Heavens Tear
    DocHealMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Buyer beware!

dooshbagcopy.jpg
    I just seen this **** in Arch right next to the forges yesterday night, and thought the same thing. Thx for the heads up post, saves me doing it now :P
    edited June 2009
    question is, should we really feel remorse for the victims of these deceptions? is it their own fault for being ignorant and grabbing something without looking? i mean 'sloth/lethargy' is a deadly sin to the catholics, correct? maybe , if we werent so careless and lazy about it, being more aware, we can prevent ourselves from falling victim to deception.

You are correct sorta. We shouldn't feel real bad for the victims considering they Leapt (Leaped/ Jumped) Before They Looked. However it is still a scam because everyone knows there is at least one person that won't bother to check. We should feel bad for them not looking before they bought it.

Edited: REALLY the last time... Yay?
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Unless you are one of the players running said scam, why would you feel remorse? I think the phrase you are looking for is "feel bad for", and that is up to you. Considering the source, I highly doubt you could feel bad, or remorse for that matter, for anyone but yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2009

That's really irrelevant IMHO. I'm not thinking of this at the level of a single victim falling for it. I'm thinking of it at the level of the entire playerbase. Would the game world be better off if there weren't scams like this? Yes. End of debate.

The lazy victim argument doesn't really work either. If you played the game trying to be 100% safe, you'd spend so much time tied up with minutiae that you'd never get anything done. i.e. It's not a question of lazy vs. careful (where one is a clear negative and the other is a positive). It's a question of striking a good balance between careful vs. expeditious (both positives). You'll very rarely strike the perfect balance, so half the time you'll have been better off if you had spent a little more time to be careful, half the time you'll have been better off if you had been quicker and less careful.

I've missed great deals on AH because I was overly cautious and someone else bought the item before I finished checking that the item was what I thought it was. And I've overpaid on some AH items because I thought it was a great deal, didn't want to have someone else snap it up, bought it, then found out it wasn't as valuable as I thought it was. You can lose either way, so it's rather short-sighted to blame it all on laziness.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not open to alternate solutions to the problem. If there were two low-cost items with the same picture but similar market prices, you could set up a cat shop meant to trick people into buying the wrong one. The "victim" would learn the lesson (they buy something that's not what they intended to buy) without losing much or any money (they can just resell what they bought).
    You are correct sorta. We shouldn't feel real bad for the victims considering they Jumped Before They Leaped. However it is still a scam because everyone knows there is at least one person that won't bother to check. We should feel bad for them not looking before they bought it.
    Look before you leap.
    He who hesitates is lost.

Reconcile the two.
    edited June 2009
    Look before you leap.

Reconcile the two.

OMG! I can't believe I typed the wrong thing XD. I was thinking look before you leap though.b:surrender Darn multi-tasking.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You are correct sorta. We shouldn't feel real bad for the victims considering they Jumped Before They Looked. However it is still a scam because everyone knows there is at least one person that won't bother to check. We should feel bad for them not looking before they bought it.
    Look before you leap.

Reconcile the two.

Still wouldn't make any sense. If they "looked before the leaped", they would've seen the obvious scam and would have avoided it.

Correct form is "Leapt before they Looked".

Grammar **** FTW. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited June 2009
    Still wouldn't make any sense. If they "looked before the leaped", they would've seen the obvious scam and would have avoided it.

Thank you

^_______^
    {= > . < =}
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Solandri was right.

Solandri was saying "Look before you leap" to prevent that from happening, which was half the point he was making.

And you are wrong.

It is correct to say "Jumped before you looked" because the meaning is the same using either jump or leap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Solandri was right.

Solandri was saying "Look before you leap" to prevent that from happening, which was half the point he was making.

And you are wrong.

It is correct to say "Jumped before you looked" because the meaning is the same using either jump or leap.

You guys are confusing me! b:infuriatedb:puzzled
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Solandri was right.

And you are wrong.

Wait...wha? *brain-splosion* ...I can't English goodly.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited June 2009
    Ok you guys made me look it up.

"The choice between leapt and leaped is mostly a matter of regional differences: leapt is preferred in British English and leaped in American English. According to research by John Algeo (British or American English, Cambridge, 2006), leapt is used 80% of the time in UK and 32% in the US."

Thank you Google!

So it's bothb:mischievous
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
This discussion has been closed.