Do you qualify?

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Once upon a time Mystic entered this game, an archer approached mystic and said " your role is to heal me, don't worry about yourself, you are a HealeR nothing more.."
    Then one winters night Mystic killed that archer.

One upon a time forp entered this game, an archer approaced forp and said "your role is to heal me, don't worry about yourself, you are a HealeR nothing more.."
    The one winters night forp kissed that archers ****.

To be continued....
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    cool story, bro
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:cute why thank you ^^ I'm a good cleric xD

I like my title xD too bad there's not enough room for that in the title section in game.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    unfortunately you're being rated by a 1-shot wonder that hasn't any idea of how to play his class.
  • Catriona - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    O.o you guys are both on the same sever... why don't you just duel it out? I thought that was what guys normally did xD :P or does that beat each other until you finally get over your differences thing only work in the movies? xD
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    first of all, i don't really duel. and i've challenged mystic to turn white and come fight me, but he said i'll be fighting unfair using a hiero.

besides, as i've said before, how does a pure build lose to a con? it doesn't. yano, unless that pure build crits a double sparked/triple sparked wield thunder. now that might sting a little.

i have more base hp than mystic has with all of his gears, i have higher resist with better armours, i do more damage than him with a superior weapon, and i automatically win with experience. duels against lower level mages, what the hell does that prove?
  • Catriona - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Duels are nice. :P you don't have to wait for your name to turn white so you don't drop things, you don't waste guardian angels and hieros have no effect so if you win you definitely won on your own skill and your own skill alone unless you popped a bunch of pots. :P don't be too snooty to duel, I hate those types.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    you might not be aware of this, but in this game, hieros are a very crucial part of pvp. you have to know how to kill your opponent in under 10 seconds in order to win. this is probably why people wonder why i level all my skills all the time; i need them as i solo pk more than anything.

sucks though, wasted all my money on a divorce and all my spirit on a genie
  • WindRunnerr - Lost City
    WindRunnerr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    no clue as how a pure vs vit ep 1v1 battle would pan out as im not an ep but in group pvp pure int eps are pure fail. they fall so fast it isnt funny. and on the rare occasion that they arent targetted first..they think they are DDs and neglect supporting their group which is arguably the most important role in any group pvp.

that said i can understand if the reason they go full int is to blast through levels in pve but its funny when i see a FAC(ugh) talk about pvp and try to validate their build.
  • Catriona - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    You know, it doesn't quite seem fair that in a squad pvp situation hardly anyone ever thinks to protect the cleric. I mean, yeah, a pure magic cleric is squishy, I get that, but I feel a little like I'm on my own in group pvp >.< But plume shell on a charm is nice. gives you 20 seconds that someone can help you. :P That's what it's for and I'll be damned if I DD during a pvp war. I would rather keep my team alive so they can save me. b:surrender

and yes charms play an important role in pvp but I like the duel being down to the bare bones of who can do what and not how long can I hold out until my hiero ticks and I'm at full again.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    duel just isn't real to me. even though i know my superior hp wins because i can still deal exceptional damage, but i can just sit their healing while their hp drops. priest in duels just seem overpowered, it's not fun.
  • Fistriel - Heavens Tear
    Fistriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can AoE grind 5-9 Poison monsters - 2 points
    Has 2k+ HP - 5 points
    Can beat a wizard in a duel with healing - 2 points (never tried without healing before)
    Can Tank mantavip - 5 points
    Can Tank Suzerix - 2 points
    Can Solo Dismal shade - 2 points (sure... <3)
    Can Solo Yan - 7 points (takes hours, but yeah i can)
    Can Solo Mantavip - 9 points
    Can Solo Krixxix - 2 points
    Can Solo FB19 - 2 points
    Has level 5 revive - 2 points

Can Solo Raged wrath - no clue what mob this is atm X_x
    Can successfully kite a barbarian in a duel - i havent interest in pvp
    Can successfully kite a blademaster in a duel - same...
    Can successfully keep an archer in close range - ...too

Uhm... 40 points, so = good?

Any bonus points for soloing FB59 Bosses? ;D
  • Treza - Lost City
    Treza - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    umm you say im a **** of a fail cleric, yet at lv 70 according to your test i scored over 60, thats including both of your mantavipe posts.

so let me get this straight, if someone disagrees with you, you rate the **** of a fail cleric?

i was once blind and called myself a "fac".

now that ive strayed from that path i see how arrogant and useless they are.
    your dps will never be that of a mages (another thing i used to believe) and now seeing myself fighting as a mage without heals, i can really see how much havoc i could cause if i had someone constantly at my back healing. and im only lv 33.

accept yourself for what you are,
    a second class healer, and a third class dps.

treza, level 33 mage. former lv 71 "fac"
    forp is right, facs dont exist.

saying people fail because they disagree with you... THAT IS FAIL.
    Communist Leader
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    accept yourself for what you are,
    a second class healer, and a third class dps.

Second class healer O_o, explain this more....
    b:dirty
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I mean, yeah, a pure magic cleric is squishy, I get that, but I feel a little like I'm on my own in group pvp >.<

It's extremely difficult to "protect" someone in a PvP situation if they're squishy. Which is why pure magic clerics aren't very useful in PvP. Even if your primary purpose is to keep someone else alive in a battle (like healing a catapult puller in a TW), if you can't survive, you're useless. And if you die in 2 shots, you can't rationally expect anyone to protect you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    third rate Dps as in
    1.archer
    2.wizard
    3.cleric? =o
    the dps of a cleric is not less than a mage in pvp. in PvE, yes mages have bonus elemental damage vs metal, water, fire just like we cleric vs wood =/
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    even in pvp a mage has a higher dps. we have few, few attack skills that can be spammed like theirs. they have 3 starting attack skills, 4 more mid level nukes, 3 unmatachable ultimates, and the ability to never be touched. we have plume shot, cyclone and thunder wield.
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    not that I dont recognize their dps, our dps only restricted in physical and metal element. We only have 2 start off atk skill (cyclone and plume shot), 2 mid nukes and 1 ulti, we however can make us untouchable with seals, guardian light and the ability to heal is wat make us hard to take down in pvp. Having 3 kind of elemental atk skill give them wider choice to use, not increase their dps. Undine strike is an extreme version of our elemental seal (60% elemental reduce, instant) but we can make it up somehow with genie debuff.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hm. Lemme see...

Haven't tried some of those on the list - namely tanking Yan and Raged Wraith Chief.. So those are off. Same for the PVP facts - I'm so carebear that it hurts.

40 points in total. So I suppose I count as the Good Clerics. ^^
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol this test is stupid who can solo mantawip at 60? lol

and the can sucesefully kite BM/barb whats that? lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol this test is stupid who can solo mantawip at 60? lol
    Lol? At 62, manta hits me like 400. Thats with water shield, yes, but without any other buffs, so cleric with maxed mdef buff gets about... 450-500. Completely doable if self-healed properly, even without purify. (Hard for pure mag build, but still doable with hp charm.)
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Lol? At 62, manta hits me like 400. Thats with water shield, yes, but without any other buffs, so cleric with maxed mdef buff gets about... 450-500. Completely doable if self-healed properly, even without purify. (Hard for pure mag build, but still doable with hp charm.)

rly? i didnt try... lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Score of 45.....b:cute

<---Gonna try Krimson now!

Tanked Krimson over the weekend!!! YEAH!

(But he did get some good shots on me --> 4577 Damage Hit..sry did not edit it so kinda bad pic but you can see it...b:surrender)

New Score:b:cute (100+)

Select 1 of the 3

Can AoE grind 10+ Poison monsters - 5 points
    Can AoE grind 5-9 Poison monsters - 2 points
    Can AoE grind 1-4 Poison monsters - 0.5 points
    (Poison Monsters within 10 levels of cleric)

Has 2k+ HP -5 points
    Has 1.5k+ HP - 3 points
    Has under 1.5kHP - 1 points

Can beat a wizard in a duel without healing - 4 points
    Can beat a wizard in a duel with healing - 2 points (this one hit and miss depends)
    Can not beat a wizard in a duel - -5 points

Select all the ones you can achieve

Can Tank mantavip - 5 points
    Can Tank Suzerix - 2 points
    Can Tank Krimson - 45 points
    Can Solo Dismal shade - 2 points
    Can Solo Yan -
    7 points
    Can Solo Raged wrath - 6 points
    Can Solo Mantavip - 9 points
    Can Solo Krixxix - 2 points
    Can Solo FB19 - 2 points
    Can Solo FB29 - 4 points

Can successfully kite a barbarian in a duel - 4 points
    Can successfully kite a blademaster in a duel - 7 points
    Can successfully keep an archer in close range - 5 points - nvr dueled an archer

Has level 10 revive - 3 points
    Has level 5 revive - 2 points
    Has level 1 revive - 1 points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    wouldn't tanking be standing there, taking the hits? that's how i've known it. tanking isn't the same as kiting, but still a really good job killing him.

though i have no idea how that's relevant to someone being a good priest.
  • Treza - Lost City
    Treza - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    third rate Dps as in
    1.archer
    2.wizard
    3.cleric? =o
    the dps of a cleric is not less than a mage in pvp. in PvE, yes mages have bonus elemental damage vs metal, water, fire just like we cleric vs wood =/

are you completely ****?

mages have sutra!!!

a good mage can spark, pop a spark pot, sutra, and then divine pyro - sandstorm - gush - divine pyro

in less than 10 seconds, let me see... from a level 60 mage that should be atleast 30k damage against a random mob! and thats without extreme poison/any genie debuffs.

a clerics best dps in 10 seconds would be sparked, weild thunder cyclone plume cyclone, and if youve debuffed that mob youll hit around 22k without genie skills, and dont forget the mage will still add 5k from another gush before the spark ends. 35k > 22k. and with genies skills on, the gap gets even bigger.

35k +20% is like 42k or something
    22k +20% is like 26.4k or something, my math might be off but thats a major difference.

cleric will never match the dps of a mage. i used to think so before when i played a cleric, but now that i have gotten into a mage and really taken a good look at their skills and figured out some future combos, the damage mages do is ultimately supreme.

there are a ton of clerics who believe a cleric has better dps than a mage, youve either never played a mage past lv 20 or you are just blind to the obvious.
    Communist Leader
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    47 b:victory

Honestly not a true gauge of a good cleric, but it'll do. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Can beat a wizard in a duel without healing - 4 points
    Can beat a wizard in a duel with healing - 2 points (this one hit and miss depends)
    Can not beat a wizard in a duel - -5 points

Select all the ones you can achieve

Can successfully kite a barbarian in a duel - 4 points
    Can successfully kite a blademaster in a duel - 7 points
    Can successfully keep an archer in close range - 5 points - nvr dueled an archer

Er... I hate to ask, but... which wizard will I need to beat, so I can stop failing?

(Also, which barbarian will I need to be dueling?)
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Ok, Terza
    I understand where you're coming from, so let me explain my point of view, why FAC is better than Wizard for DD.

For the DD:

Demons spirits gift: Demon version grants an additional 150% to magic attack for the first 10 seconds. so that's 70% + 150% = 220% extra weapon damage.

now,

Weild thunder (with demons spirits gift) Cast a chain of lightning at the enemy, inflicting Metal damage equal to base magic damage plus 420% of weapon damage plus 4583.3.

Sandstorm (without demons spirits gift) Project a powerful wave of sand onto a target. Inflicts Earth damage equal to base magic attack plus 300% of weapon damage plus 4288.4

So the strongest, Non-Chi/Spark nuke goes to cleric.

The 2 spark nuke:

Tempest (with demons spirits gift) Metal damage equal to your base magic damage plus 620% of weapon damage plus 9337.1. Has a 95% chance to cause a 8.0 second

Ice dragon:Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 500% of weapon damage plus 9648.9.

Of course, Demons spirits gift is nothing compared to Demon spark and such, but I look at it like this.
    Demon spirits gift = Manifest virtue, but has a 1 second cooldown instead of 5 min. Lol.

With that,

Plume shot > Pyrogram
    Cyclone > Gush
    Weild > Sandstorm
    Tempest > wizard 2 spark AoEs

on a COMMON bases, the only chance a wizard has to out dps a cleric is to sutra.
    and 2 spark, very unspammable move.

As for beating wizard without healing; Sandstorm only hits for what? 900 damage, guardian light on that and its 400ish.
    anything is possible.

I'm not FAC, I'm not FSC. But it is my right, and preference to play a DD role, all my attacks are maxed to level, as well as buffs.

oh.. yah I'm pure INT, only 2.2khp
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    god damn you're stupid.

stop trying.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Just using demon spirits gift so repeatedly hammers your own DPS. Besides that skill is basically impossible to get... It never drops. But what do you know? You've never done fb99.

Anyways, clerics cant spam metal skills. Mages have heaven pyrogram which gives them 45 chi if it procs, they can spark so often when DDing it's ridiculous.