Do you qualify?

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    forp, stfu you don't even know how to play your own class.

Sorbik, casting a spell that takes 1.5 seconds every 10 seconds won't hammer your own dps.

clerics can spam metal skills.

With elven boon.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    1 shot telling me i don't know how to play my class? hah.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    forp, stfu you don't even know how to play your own class.

Sorbik, casting a spell that takes 1.5 seconds every 10 seconds won't hammer your own dps.

clerics can spam metal skills.

With elven boon.

It really does matter, if you really want to compare, mages undine strike, which is WAY more readily available than demons spirits gift, or elven boom (which isn't even implemented yet) is much better than demons spirits gift. Not to mention nobody on the server has it yet, as it NEVER drops.

Now, compare a possible situation. We have elemental seal, mages have undine strike. No elven boom, no demons spirits gift.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh.. yah I'm pure INT, only 2.2khp

In otherwords, worthless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Demon weild + Elemental seal = -65%
    Compared to Undine -60%

Come again?

or.. Blade of supreme heat.. genie skill..

-50% metal defence -35% magic defence = -85% metal defence

And yes, metal debuff from Demon weild and Blade of supreme heat will stack.
    edited June 2009
    In otherwords, worthless?

Worthless, explain.

I have no interest in TT.
    I have no interest in TW.

Why build up for something I'll never do?

No reason, I'm built for what I do, PvE.

When I used to have Vit because I was interested in PK it only ment, it would be a pain in the **** doing some bosses and fb29.

Maybe ill change when im level 89, for now I am Pure INT.

b:bye
    edited June 2009
    It really does matter, if you really want to compare, mages undine strike, which is WAY more readily available than demons spirits gift, or elven boom (which isn't even implemented yet) is much better than demons spirits gift. Not to mention nobody on the server has it yet, as it NEVER drops.

Now, compare a possible situation. We have elemental seal, mages have undine strike. No elven boom, no demons spirits gift.

As you are a cleric yourself I cannot see why you post on the wizards side =.= anyway.

It does not matter how hard it will be to get, how long i'll have to wait or when it will get implemented or.. whatever.

It's possible, with possibility there's opportunity and if there's opportunity I'll go for it, and.. I'll get it.

I'm patient, I don't care when it gets implemented.
    I don't care for PvP, besides dueling all I do are my quests, grind 1 hour or less a day and chill in this game.

I don't care what you think tbh, because your opinion are worthless to me, why? you don't know me.

You diss my build because you reckon I can't do TT or whatever it is you do all day, yep I can't why? because I don't want to.

It's not hard to get 5 gold to buy a reset scroll, but I won't why? I don't want to.

I can't help but wonder.. how come people never diss pure INT wizards?.. nerds..
  • Slake - Lost City
    Slake - Lost City Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    "I can't help but wonder.. how come people never diss pure INT wizards?.. nerds.."

cause nonone cares if a wiz is squishy, as long as they can do some dmg before they inevitably end up dead. The cleric then still has to be alive to res them :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GotTold.com

Sup?
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    No reason, I'm built for what I do, PvE.

That makes you worthless to everyone else. Maybe you're ok with that. Clearly you are. And that's fine, as a game you can be what you want. Hell I wouldn't mind being a fist BM. But they're worthless. And so are full INT clerics.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    proper fist warriors deals the highest dps in the game. useless?
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I can't help but wonder.. how come people never diss pure INT wizards?.. nerds..

Because it's a fundamentally different class

- Wizards are basically underpowered until, at least, Undine Strike at 79 and really until 90. So all there is for them to really do is PvE their way to a higher level anyways.

- Wizards are DDs and nothing else. They don't have to survive. They don't have to sustain BB without it being interrupted, not get wiped by boss AoE, heal catapults in TW, etc.

In otherwords, Wizards aren't integral parts of any squad (except for certain bosses they can tank) where their death results in party wipe. They can afford to hide, pick and choose spots, and focus exclusively as nukes. Clerics are not Wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    proper fist warriors deals the highest dps in the game.

No they don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Because it's a fundamentally different class

- Wizards are basically underpowered until, at least, Undine Strike at 79 and really until 90. So all there is for them to really do is PvE their way to a higher level anyways.

- Wizards are DDs and nothing else. They don't have to survive. They don't have to sustain BB without it being interrupted, not get wiped by boss AoE, heal catapults in TW, etc.

In otherwords, Wizards aren't integral parts of any squad (except for certain bosses they can tank) where their death results in party wipe. They can afford to hide, pick and choose spots, and focus exclusively as nukes. Clerics are not Wizards.

I can see your point of view, and I repect that.

But as you can tell, alot of people stray from what their classes are 'supposed to do'

Because in reality the only thing you are supposed to do is have fun isint it?
    I'll explain,

Wizards are Damage dealers. if they did what they were supposed to do, which is deal damage then they would all be Pure INT wearing arcane robes, yet many add vit and have Light armour, because that is how the person has chosen to play the class.

At the end of the day, do whatever you like and play the way that suits you I guess.

Don't diss 1 class for have the same build as another class.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    No they don't.

you sure? friend of mine hits nearly 3 times a second after hell fury.
    edited June 2009

No he doesn't
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    he doesn't? you guys are so silly.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Archers have the most DPS in the game, especially due to their ridiculous crit rate.

Give them a bow, let them go afk, and they will out DPS anyone on a HH run.

I don't know much about fist warriors except that they suck. They do have quite high dps though in HH, since the bosses are '?' everyone attacks are gimped by 75%+. Therefore a quicker attack speed = more DPS. Shadowless kick is good for cancelling random aggro on 2-3 belial and 3-3 emperor, prevents anyone but the tank from being one shot.

Can always switch when theyve built 2 sparks (and man do they build sparks quickly) to axes, dragons, and then rinse and repeat.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    they suck?

this server is so niave.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Naivety implies ignorance.

No, we're not ignorant. It's a fact. Fist warriors suck. Low DPS (when not in HH), bad skills, lack of stuns and aoes... basically everything that a WR is good for is nerfed.

There's a reason why there's only one 90+ fist WR on lost city (Ashlynn), and then another reason why she, herself, says it sucks.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    so one random person who probably isn't even geared right dictates that entire branch of the warrior skills? this server is more niave than i figured.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Feel free to enlighten me then.
    If we're still talking about DPS, Ashlynn is getting the hh90 belial fists, don't know if that isn't "geared right" in your opinion
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    no, it's not geared right actually. those fist blow. lol

fist user shines the most when they stack -interval, otherwise, yes, they do suck.

hence:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f71434ac9064853c

he plans to get something called "decide", which is a cv/hh fist. one of the best in the game next to hh100 fist.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104

he has the cv mats, and he's already made the green version "manhunt", now he's farming what's his face in 3-2 for the 4 gold mats. he has 1.

he's also going to upgrade from his hh80 gold wrist to hh99, when he gets there, for the speed bonus. and he's going to be getting more pieces to this set, for the set effect. 2 pieces of hh99 heavy/light = -.05 interval. he'll be using light pieces stacked with the heavy, to give himself a full -.1 interval.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    -.1 interval is better than zerk? b:thanks
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    hitting 2.5~3 times a second > everything about zerk.

Untitled-22.png
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    But as you can tell, alot of people stray from what their classes are 'supposed to do'

And their characters stink. Let's be clear here, having a fail character isn't some ethical 'wrong'. It's a game, however you want to play your character is fine if it provides you enjoyment. But a Barbarian with a bow is fail, a veno in fox form melee'ing is fail, fist archers are fail, etc.

Classes are specifically geared towards fulfilling certain roles. You have some leeway in terms of how you fill that role, but straying out of it classifies your character as "fail". A cleric acting like a mage is both a bad cleric and a poor substitute for a mage. You may have fun doing it, you're welcome to do it, but your character isn't any good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

I'm not going to log on and do the math for you, but it's pretty demonstrable that fist BMs dont have a good DPS. Their damage is so abysmal that even the fast attack rate doesn't compensate.

Fist BMs look cool and might be fun. The novelty is appealing. And the spell interrupt skill is very useful in specific PvE situations. But their damage sucks, their skills suck otherwise, and the stat requirements of fists does an ugly number on the BM's overall stats. They aren't very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    if you say so. you newbs can believe whatever you like.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if you say so. you newbs can believe whatever you like.

if someone doesnt agree with your opinion you call them a newb? nice one.

BTW wasnt this topic supposed to be focused on Clerics b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    CLERICS FTW!! b:heart
    they suck?

this server is so niave.

Yes they suck. And think about using the term naive (fyi you spelled it wrong). See below response vv
    Naivety implies ignorance.

No, we're not ignorant. It's a fact. Fist warriors suck. Low DPS (when not in HH), bad skills, lack of stuns and aoes... basically everything that a WR is good for is nerfed.

There's a reason why there's only one 90+ fist WR on lost city (Ashlynn), and then another reason why she, herself, says it sucks.

QFT ^^

And ? for Forp -- What's with all the interrupts? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    boss that interrupts channeling out the ****.

anyways, if you all wish to believe they suck, so be it. i'll be laughing when people who know how to play using fist get to upper levels and show you how it's done.