*yawn* herc topic again -.-

Options
Klutzo - Heavens Tear
Klutzo - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
well, this has happend to me again, i am a venomancer, that uses a volcanic magmite, and, im a venomancer that perfers the magmite over herc, for my own reasons... people need to learn opinion from fact...

MY OPINION: i like magmites more then hercs.
FACT: hercs are better tanks then magmites.

anyone here see a difference? cause alot of people cant... again i was in archosaur the other day, talking with a friend in common chat, and i happen to mention i perfer my magmite over a herc... then another veno who had a herc, tried to say they are godly and yadda yadda yadda, i told her that i perfer magmites because of my own personal reasons, yet she wouldnt back off -.-

herc blah blah blah good blah blah blah magmites suck blah blah blah...

it gets on your nerves after the first few times... im sorry for being rude on this... BUT COME ON... OPINION IS DIFFERENT FROM FACT... heres how i see it, i do admit, hercs are a better tank then the magmites, but ON MY OWN OPINION... i perfer magmites, mainly mine, and i know someone is going like "ok you keep saying you have a reason... WTF IS IT!?"

well my reason, is i perfer somthing, that i tamed, raised, and earned, iv been using my magmite sense lvl 18 when i could tame it, i got to ether, i went to the FB, and took on a magmite, captured it, and am still using it to this day, do i have other pets? yes, but only for fun, my magmite is my main pet, and i know some people will bring up the arguement of "if you dont have a herc, then how can you know what its like?" or somthing along the lines of that...

INFO FOR YOU ALL... I HAVE TRIED OUT A HERC, ON A FRIENDS ACCOUNT AT HIS HOUSE... he logged onto his char, and i saw he had a herc, i asked if i could try it out, and his char was the same level as mine... i tried it out, and still perferd my magmite over the herc...

and i also know some will ask why do i perfer it AGAIN... well i have one other reason, and iv been called a little rebel cause of it(dont ask long story), i dont like using things, unless i earned them... most of my char i dont really like, cause i bought the things, not earned them, people will come up with the arguement of "well you earned the money, right?"...

yes, i did earn the money one way or another, but its not the same thing, as working towards somthing, and earning it by drop or somthing.

im sorry... but people need to learn how to respect someones opinion, and leave it as that, each time a veno approached me, with the flame cannon aimed and ready to fire, i clearly said it was MY OPINION, i said that i know they were good, but i perfer otherwise... if its someones opinion... leave them alone about it, and let them live on, when i get my char everything it needs, to make it dam good to my playing style, maybe then il get a herc or pheonix, maybe then il work towards one, or when i really need a harc to continue to have fun in the game by helping others with bosses, TT, FBs, i dunno, somthing along that lines... but for now, i want to stay herc free, i wish people can respect opinions more.

sorry this was another long topic, sorry if i got a bit off of the origional topic, and that this was another rant topic... but as an ending statement, id just like to say a few words...

YOU CANT CHANGE WHAT I THINK
I DONT CARE THAT THE HERC IS GOOD
RESPECT WHAT OTHERS FEEL...

i follow by my own quote...
"opinions can be changed, but it can never be destroyed." -Klutzo
"opinions are strong, and can be changed, but it can never be destroyed." -Klutzo
[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3008548001&dateline=1242452305[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Klutzo - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let the wars resume.

You do realize that the herc starts at level 1 right? That throws half of your opinion out the window.

Grats on your opinion. I don't think anyone will believe that you have actually played with a herc before though.

For the record, I really do support you having your own opinion. Play however the hell you want to. I'm still going to think you're an idiot for not wanting a herc, especially if you have actually played with one before.
  • Klutzo - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Let the wars resume.

You do realize that the herc starts at level 1 right? That throws half of your opinion out the window.

Grats on your opinion. I don't think anyone will believe that you have actually played with a herc before though.

i relize that they start out at level one, and i took that into consent, but my opinion still stands, and if people dont belive me, oh well.
    "opinions are strong, and can be changed, but it can never be destroyed." -Klutzo
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3008548001&dateline=1242452305[/SIGPIC]
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i relize that they start out at level one, and i took that into consent, but my opinion still stands, and if people dont belive me, oh well.

Well I believe you. I have a friend who is working towards getting a herc and I a nix. I for one think the Herc is badass ugly. That is why I prefer the nix cause its not ugly. So when my friend gets his Herc I will try it out and see if I want one or not. Until that day I will keep using my Golem.

Anyways. As I stated above I do have a Crystalline Magmite and have had it since I tamed it at level 17. I love my lil tank and it has yet to disappoint me. I have not had negative comments about me using a golem. In fact when I did my fb51 and 59 I was teamed up with a Veno and Herc and not once did they pull the "Oh there is no need for your Golem we have a Herc" line. I probably will stick with my Veno for a very long time.

Like I posted b4 on another thread people don't always have the resources to get a Herc, and please I see just as many hercs as there are golems, and calling someone an idiot for not having a herc is just plain ****. Its like saying that she should start smoking because everyone thinks its so cool that she has to do it to. Get real
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I'm still going to think you're an idiot for not wanting a herc, especially if you have actually played with one before.

You have seen what a herc looks like...right? They are freaking ugly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Having a Magmite is all fine and dandy, but I don't think you properly played using the Herc. I have a Magmite since level 17 also.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

It's so ugly that it's cute! Kinda like an ugly baby pitbull.
  • Klutzo - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Having a Magmite is all fine and dandy, but I don't think you properly played using the Herc. I have a Magmite since level 17 also.

how would you define properly played then? when i tried out the herc, i killed a few bosses with it, did a TT run solo, and grinded a bit, according to my own playing style.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

Golems aren't all that hawt either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    how would you define properly played then? when i tried out the herc, i killed a few bosses with it, did a TT run solo, and grinded a bit, according to my own playing style.

Being that Herc is a better tank, I seriously don't see why anyone would prefer a magmite over a Herc. A Herc can be earned with in game coins that you personally grinded and not bought with real money.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options

Oh, Well you didn't say that earlier. XD
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Golems aren't all that hawt either.

Golems are much easier on the eyes than a herc ever will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Golems are much easier on the eyes than a herc ever will.

But they're all gold and shiny. Lol.b:victory
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In this game you cant have opinion over optimal pet, the herc will be always better, even if you like golem more theres no excuse to dont have a herc
    edited May 2009
    Options
    But they're all gold and shiny. Lol.b:victory

It's an ugly yellow. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    Options
    In this game you cant have opinion over optimal pet, the herc will be always better, even if you like golem more theres no excuse to dont have a herc

I have 25 million excuses to not have a herc. And, so far, golems have tanked everything like a champ for me ranging from Rend Razorjaw, to Krixxix to mobs 48 levels higher than them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options

YOU CANT CHANGE WHAT I THINK
    I DONT CARE THAT THE HERC IS GOOD
    RESPECT WHAT OTHERS FEEL...

i follow by my own quote...
    "opinions can be changed, but it can never be destroyed." -Klutzo

I like your quote. Sadly people keep on nagging you about it. It's like that time everyone had rock dudes all the time before the herc and saying its the greatest. After seeing it so much you just get sick of it. And the pet you started out with is the best pet I believe. You create sort of a digital bond lol. That's why I'll always fight along side my purple kitty.b:cute

Keep your opinon strong. Some might flame you but there's always those that feel the same way and will back you up.b:victory

As the quote from my teacher said. "There will always be 50% of the world that will just hate you for anything but there is also the other 50% that will like you no matter what. It's better to think of the 50% that like you for who you are."b:thanks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Being that Herc is a better tank, I seriously don't see why anyone would prefer a magmite over a Herc. A Herc can be earned with in game coins that you personally grinded and not bought with real money.

Herc is the ultimate pet. Farm HH, tank FBs, its like a "oh, now we like venos in squad" solution.
    No other pet can be more useful than it... Herc roxs
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Herc is the ultimate pet. Farm HH, tank FBs, its like a "oh, now we like venos in squad" solution.
    No other pet can be more useful than it... Herc roxs

But they always want us in a squad lol. We're the pullers. But I get your point on the tanking everything. It is useful when you don't have a barb but I feel much safer with a barb or myself plus a cleric than a Herc.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I've not tried a Herc, but I've seen no reason up until this point to want for anything better than my mag. He tanks most things that I try to kill and usually only dies when I mess up. Maybe the herc is totally awesome and worth every penny, but until I have that amount of disposable cash to spend on one (either real money or in game cash) then I don't see what's wrong with my current set up.

And dude is fugly o.o;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    If you plan on fighting mobs or bosses that you absolutely 100% need a herc for, then I'll agree, herc is the only option and opinion is pointless. Apart from that, how you play the game is entirely up to you.

I don't know about anyone else, but personally there's a satisfaction to be gained from defeating and getting past a difficult situation using your own or original methods. Like, just for example, defeating a boss most players fight with hercs at 70, with a golem at 65 and a bit of strategy. Overcoming difficulties is part of the fun.

Some players prefer the easy route and crushing bosses with immense power and there's nothing wrong with that, it's merely how they like to play the game. Players in general need to be a little more accepting of each others gaming and play style preferences.
  • Darkangelbri - Lost City
    Darkangelbri - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    As a veno with both the Herc and Golem I can say that they both are great. I use my Golem in FB's as well as HH to lure bosses and switch to my herc to tank. So it all comes down to playing style.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Function > Form

Who cares if it's ugly? It could look like Barney for all I care as long as it's the best, which it is. I will never understand why someone would not want the best. Winning is a hell of a lot more fun than losing, and a golem will lose 99% of the time on the big stuff.
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    It's an ugly yellow. <.<

No Its Goldb:angryb:infuriated
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i have to admit, this is one reason i am not wanting one, badly as i need that kind of help in the game. i dont like golems' looks either, but they are a lot easier to live with, appearance-wise, than with the herc.

another reason i would not care to get a herc is because i dont play in dungeons, etc that much. i find hunting from the air much safer in general, so, if i was able to afford to, i would get a phoenix. (...and before any PvPers yell at me about OP birds, i dont do TW/PvP, so you would be safe from me and my bird.)

unless i suddenly inherit a fortune, this is the only 'phoenix' i have till then
    2q00uav.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dont like using things, unless i earned them...
    this made me lol.

YOU HAVE TO EARN 20M ON AVG TO OWN A HERC!
  • Aesprika - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    this made me lol.

YOU HAVE TO EARN 20M ON AVG TO OWN A HERC!

QFT please. I also have Kowlin for luring/pulling. I have a Golem, but I'm saving for Herc.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    so you want me to respect your opinion when you wont respect mine mmkay go QQ over my opinion that is based on facts
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    People need to throw out opinions based on looks, otherwise you won't get anywhere.
    I have a hercules myself, yes I think it's ugly but there's not much I can do about that.

I can understand your opinion, but you could always gain self satisfaction by only buying
    source of force with the money you earn in game, it's not the same as 'just buying it.'
    I did that for the most part, since the conversion rate for Aussie to U.S dollar is pretty insane.

Now i'm not getting a pheonix for my own reasons too. Partly because I feel like using these cash shop pets are cheating in a way, I wont even use my herc in duels. Also because I don't feel like going through the tedious lengths of farming money for feathers or levelling the damn thing up. I'm happy to settle with a sawfly with fleshream instead.

But do understand, if you're honestly only choosing pets based upon their appearance you'll be gimping yourself game play wise as frankly, most of the better looking pets are hopeless in battle.

I have a veno friend who refuses to tame the level 80 plumpfish, (it's an excellent water pet, basically like a golem) because it looks like some kind of mutated gassy slug.
    He dies alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    So in essence this whole thread = "someone annoyed me and now im going to annoy the entire forum to feel better about myself again" ?

jeeez talk about silly posts. Wish there was a "rank" system on the forums where we can tag each post we come across as spam/intresting/usefull/etc
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Being that Herc is a better tank, I seriously don't see why anyone would prefer a magmite over a Herc.

Different people play the game for different reasons. For achiever-types who want to min-max everything about their character, yes the herc is a must-have. But for people who play for other reasons, it's not necessary. This game is pretty easy as MMORPGs go, and you can fight and win against 99% of the content made for your level with a golem (or even a wolf, or snake, or whatever). Sure it won't be as easy nor as quick as with a herc, but for some people that doesn't matter.

Personally, I'm an explorer-type and don't really care about what level I am. I've died countless times, many times on purpose to lose exp so I won't gain a level. I know others who just play and level so they can collect different pets. Some just use the game as a glorified chat room. Not everyone plays to reach level 105 as quickly as they can in a quest for the best stuff, and a herc is not a requirement for them.

The game is what you make of it. The most common goal is to level and acquire money and stuff. But that doesn't mean it's the only goal, nor the most important goal for some.
    People need to throw out opinions based on looks, otherwise you won't get anywhere.
    I have a hercules myself, yes I think it's ugly but there's not much I can do about that.
    That's the OP's point. People think opinions based on stuff like looks or "tamed it and raised it myself" shouldn't count. But deciding that "best" should be based on "what helps me kill stuff quickest" is also an opinion. You choose to throw out opinions based on looks. OP chooses to throw out opinions based on killing hard stuff.