*yawn* herc topic again -.-

Comments

• Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if you know one is better then why would your opinion be favorable to something you know is not as good? that makes no sense. and sorry im gonna have to fall on the side that does not believe you ever used a herc. even if you did it takes a while to get used to.. a learning curve.. just like any other new pet you get. you cant tell if something is good or not in under 24 hours of using it yourself.

i too was reluctant to get a herc because its ugly, but so is the magmite. and the magmite is bigger than herc, takes up more room, and gets in the way more than herc does.

i understand your sentiment about your first real pet that you stuck with. i had one too. a mad wolfling that i got somewhere at lvl 2 (lighter grey than the default one from quest). i kept it and lvld it to 37, at which point i managed to outlvl most of my pets to the point that out of 10 all i had my lvl was the golem. then i got nix, and i lvld it, was mildly content. then i started to just get pissed off that i couldnt use nix in fbs, so i gave in and got the herc, despite all my prejudices against it. and guess what? i liked it. and then none of my other pets mattered. i still have that wolf egg in my bank. but its not in my bag because better things are in its place.
  • Bitter - Harshlands
    Bitter - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If i wanted to trade a herc pet egg ticket for OP's golem, she would reject??
    woow no matter how much i like the little new Honda i bought with hard-earned $$, if someone will trade me a new BMW for it, my response will still be "hell yah!"
  • Quarka - Heavens Tear
    Quarka - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a herc and a nix. To be honest, I like grinding on single mobs with my golem better. I'm less likely to steal agro from him. However, I do use my herc to farm TT's and AoE grind for the heck of it.
    It's two different types of game play for me. Plus I have a special attachment to my golem.

Oh yea my sawfly also has flesh realm ^^.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • OnyxSoulle - Dreamweaver
    OnyxSoulle - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm also a Veno with a nix and a herc. And as far as I can tell, there is nothing a herc can do, that a golem cannot. A herc's stats and whatnot are generated at level 1, but increase due to leveling. So while in the long run the herc will be a little bit tougher than a golem; it's probably not significant enough to notice. As far as skills, you can get the skills a herc has and put it on a golem, and voila: free herc.I also have a 2 headed canus, this is one that I got because i liked it, all veno's have their special fun pet. Some just use them less than others.

And as I said on another post: The pet doesn't make the veno, the player makes the veno.

So stick with your golem, you like it; that's all that's important right?
    RavynSoulle-Venomancer-Dreamweaver
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have a herc and a nix. To be honest, I like grinding on single mobs with my golem better. I'm less likely to steal agro from him. However, I do use my herc to farm TT's and AoE grind for the heck of it.
    It's two different types of game play for me. Plus I have a special attachment to my golem.

Oh yea my sawfly also has flesh realm ^^.
    I'm also a Veno with a nix and a herc. And as far as I can tell, there is nothing a herc can do, that a golem cannot. A herc's stats and whatnot are generated at level 1, but increase due to leveling. So while in the long run the herc will be a little bit tougher than a golem; it's probably not significant enough to notice. As far as skills, you can get the skills a herc has and put it on a golem, and voila: free herc.I also have a 2 headed canus, this is one that I got because i liked it, all veno's have their special fun pet. Some just use them less than others.

And as I said on another post: The pet doesn't make the veno, the player makes the veno.

So stick with your golem, you like it; that's all that's important right?

Q, whens the last time youve grinded now seriously? :P and the actual 90+venos grinding in hell, all using hercs to aoe down a dozen mobs at once, lvling faster then the rest of us/on par with zhen except instead of loosing 200k an hour they make more then that.
    onyx: a bit tougher? how about twice as tough+, not significant? soloing TTs vs not soloing TTs (SQUAD MODE) is not significant?aoe grinding a dozen mobs? haah. free skills? right those skills are hella rare(5% from each of 5 chests in a weekly dragon raider open pvp event) they sell 5mil+ each , free???
  • OnyxSoulle - Dreamweaver
    OnyxSoulle - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    free as in not cash shop. A herc will only have about 15 levels on the herc by endgame. So at level 150, that's not that much.
    RavynSoulle-Venomancer-Dreamweaver
  • Kiva_ - Sanctuary
    Kiva_ - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    geez guys..why someone always have to whine about hercs and nixes?
    Get over it already!GAWD!
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Different people play the game for different reasons. For achiever-types who want to min-max everything about their character, yes the herc is a must-have. But for people who play for other reasons, it's not necessary. This game is pretty easy as MMORPGs go, and you can fight and win against 99% of the content made for your level with a golem (or even a wolf, or snake, or whatever). Sure it won't be as easy nor as quick as with a herc, but for some people that doesn't matter.
    The game is what you make of it. The most common goal is to level and acquire money and stuff. But that doesn't mean it's the only goal, nor the most important goal for some.

Well said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Copy/Paste:

Uh-huh... another veno rant thread. Just curious are you aiming for Guinness book of records as the most complained over class? And no nobody complains over how your class operates but yourselves because we simply don't care anymore! Go play have fun and stop this stupid weeping already.

moving on to next.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    well, this has happend to me again, i am a venomancer, that uses a volcanic magmite, and, im a venomancer that perfers the magmite over herc, for my own reasons... people need to learn opinion from fact...

MY OPINION: i like magmites more then hercs.
    FACT: hercs are better tanks then magmites.

anyone here see a difference?

Yeah we see the difference perfectly. But noone cares.

I have never seen you in a thread talking about herc and golem. But some people in those threads say it's fact that golem can be as good as herc. That's wrong and the whole point of those 50 page threads. =/

noob.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What is this? Flames R US? Give the person a break. Just said that he/she likes a rock dude better. You people can't even let a person slide from thinking/acting differently from you. It's actually embarrassing.

Shoot, if there was a pet scroll that did the ultimate damage ( 2 hitting everything) you would buy it out the shop for $500-$1000.b:chuckle People don't have that kind of money nor the kind of time. That's 2 major reasons. People will always be different and have different preferences. Some like it easy, some like the challenge, etc.

This is a game does it really matter what pet or even pet skills you have?

As long as you can play fine and be happy-go-lucky it shouldn't matter.

I mean really. You guys are arguing like whos god is better. Does it matter? Will they listen to you even if you come to the door and throw a bible or whatever in their face?! No, it makes them pissed. They feel insulted and you are insulted because they can't see it your way. And that's why everyone is mad in the world. That's why you go to Perfect World. But now you guys are ruining the perfection with your silly "My way is better I shall flame you until you realize it. Hahaha!" Grow up. It's like little kids and GI-Joes vs Barbies.

Let people live/play how they want. You guys are simply childish.b:scorn Tsk Tsk
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i died 3 times in fb 59 cuz the veno's herc died while tanking the bosses >.>
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear
    Paynefulsynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i died 3 times in fb 59 cuz the veno's herc died while tanking the bosses >.>

Fail Veno? :D Or low level Veno/Herc. At lvl 63 I can tank the whole FB just fine and I'm LA.

I too think the herc is fugly and even though I have it, I still have my magmite. At first I was completely against getting Herc due to aesthetics. Then my fiance and I tried FB 51, with the golem.... at lvl 60+ and we got owned =/

That's when we started our 3 week of farming hay on noob venos for money. Now I love the damn ugly blob. Owned FB51. it was a joke, tried out FB59.... pretty close to a joke.

But seriously if the person wants to keep their golem it's their choice. You can't force your opinion on anyone. Man, so many Q_Qers and annoying people with their misplaced biased opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Payne-tsu 93 |Queen-tsu 89 |Shadow-tsu 69
    Pantsu b:dirty
  • BeedaWeeda - Heavens Tear
    BeedaWeeda - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009

INFO FOR YOU ALL... I HAVE TRIED OUT A HERC, ON A FRIENDS ACCOUNT AT HIS HOUSE... he logged onto his char, and i saw he had a herc, i asked if i could try it out, and his char was the same level as mine... i tried it out, and still perferd my magmite over the herc...

right.... you just happen to have a friend in real life who plays this game, who plays the same exact class as you and is the same exact lvl, riiiight... you made that up.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    right.... You Just Happen To Have A Friend In Real Life Who Plays This Game, Who Plays The Same Exact Class As You And Is The Same Exact Lvl, Riiiight... You Made That Up.

...no u.

ಥ_ಥ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    right.... you just happen to have a friend in real life who plays this game, who plays the same exact class as you and is the same exact lvl, riiiight... you made that up.

Prove it. Go on, you made the accusation, now prove it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Prove it. Go on, you made the accusation, now prove it.

...burden of proof always lies on the prosecution, not the defendant, yes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You have seen what a herc looks like...right? They are freaking ugly.

Please,herc has more charm than a magmite,hell a brick has more charm than a magmite.

On a similar vein to the thread topic incidentally i remember when it was magmite who was top dog and a minority arguing against it versus pets such as cubs and frogs and beetles etc etc
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    correct, because its prosecutions job to prove him guilty.
    though this whole thread is pointless to begin with. who cares if you like your rock more, you dont need to shout it to the world like youre coming out of the closet and ****. keep it toyourself and avoid more firefighting.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    correct, because its prosecutions job to prove him guilty.
    though this whole thread is pointless to begin with. who cares if you like your rock more, you dont need to shout it to the world like youre coming out of the closet and ****. keep it toyourself and avoid more firefighting.

Not quite true, it depends on which legal system you are looking at.
    Some legal systems you are guilty until you can prove otherwise.

Even in the US legal system, when it comes to immigration, the government can arrest you and charge you of being in the country illegally (even if you are a citizen), and it is up to the defendant to prove his innocense, by providing paperwork/birth certificates etc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    in all -western- style courts, its innocent until proven guilty.

and that case of immigration, if INS has probable cause they can hold you until you can prove otherwise. illegal immigrants **** things up for normal tax payers, especially if they get hurt! they goto an ER, with total anonyminity, and the medical bills come out of the tax payers pocket! iif these tards would just come over on a work visa, life would be so much easier. theyd make their money, pay a few small taxes to the govt, and gtfo.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2009

and that case of immigration, if INS has probable cause they can hold you until you can prove otherwise. illegal immigrants **** things up for normal tax payers, especially if they get hurt! they goto an ER, with total anonyminity, and the medical bills come out of the tax payers pocket! iif these tards would just come over on a work visa, life would be so much easier. theyd make their money, pay a few small taxes to the govt, and gtfo.

Its ok when theres masses of illegals doing the scrummy dirty jobs no one in your society will do though aint it ;)
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You did not say western style on your previous post. With that clarification made.

You may proceed with your case.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Lol isn't that a friend? You tell them about the game you play with eachother in the game lolz. You go over for sleepovers and stuff. It's not so impossible that is if you don't have any real life friends. That could be a problemb:shocked
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Being that Herc is a better tank, I seriously don't see why anyone would prefer a magmite over a Herc.

Well, for example, if you have leveled your magmite's skills, magmites are superior for single-target land grinding than hercules.

Hercules has reflect, but its bash does not hit quite so hard (unless you have not leveled your magmite's bash), and you need to be letting it keep its tanking skills, which also limits its damage output.

Magmites have higher base damage than Hercules which matters for skill use, and you can give them several offensive skills without ruining them.

And, blindyeyes? Some other pets (including some other land pets) can also excel in some roles, if people care to be developing them sufficiently. (But I do not want to veer too far off topic here.)

Anyways, if you want to be thinking about this kind of stuff, you might want to think about downtime between battles (skill cooldown, movement speed), average battle length (health, cooldowns, regeneration, pet delivered damage vs. your own, and so on), aggro management (movement speed, attack range, damage delivered, typical time before first heal), and basically ... all your activities.

Hercules is the best land tank and you can not do better for some battles, but its so very much not the best everything.
  • Kriya - Sanctuary
    Kriya - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If i wanted to trade a herc pet egg ticket for OP's golem, she would reject??
    woow no matter how much i like the little new Honda i bought with hard-earned $$, if someone will trade me a new BMW for it, my response will still be "hell yah!"

LMAO. you get the prize for the silliest argument.
  • Kriya - Sanctuary
    Kriya - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    btw. herc is adorable.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Please,herc has more charm than a magmite,hell a brick has more charm than a magmite.

If something is freaking ugly, it isn't charming.

Try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear
    Jayson_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ...well my reason, is i perfer somthing, that i tamed, raised, and earned...

hubby.jpg

Agreed ^^
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am level 68 Venom and my main pet is a Florafang level 68 as well...

Was killing immortal Pyro in Swamp earlier ( level 67 mobs) and could easily kill 4 at a time... I wear Arcane only and have no points in Vit, only some of my gear has + HP... so it was fun and I was proud :)

Then later tonight, we did my 20/20/20... my Florafang .. ok.. with lots of heals... tanked some of the mobs no problem ( Adawolf, captain etc...) sometimes.. it was close call... but.. it was fun :)

I don't wanna tank a boss as per .. when I chose this class.. I chose it for the ability to pull, and help with DD... as well as beeing able to solo and be relatively more "free" to have my eyes on my daughter while pet tank ( still caused me some death as per didn't notice pet going too low ROFL.. ) but.. it's my own death and I don't risk to kill somebody else 'cause I had to go AFK to catch my daughter or whatever as per I can solo almost everything ( other than bosses)

I know that Hercules would probably makes my life so much easier.. but what's the fun into that? It's fun to always live on the edge.. and if I die.. so what... I just rinse and repeat :)

My goal is not to be the top Venom on PWI.. Almost a year I play ( took a 3-4 month break)..and am only level 68... and I have a level 50 archer.. and a level 31 BM.... I have fun... I escape the stress of motherhood and I live my social life as per I cannot go out most of the time....
    I experiment.. I have fun... and I help my friends :)

And if I cannot do a certain mob or boss... well.. I wait until somebody can help me.... even if I am many level behind on it :) I still can play and have fun.....

That's my opinion and my way of playing.. thankie :)))

Now flame me for beeing weirdo and stupid b:chuckle