The New and Improved Bug Report Thread

Options
surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2013 in Support Desk
Hello Everybody,

This is our new thread for reporting in-game bugs ONLY.

We are aware of the following issues; you do not need to report them here:
  • Previewing certain items makes your character appear nude
  • White screen flashes
  • The Ashura Netherqueen in the Palace of Nirvana
  • White splotches on tideborn faces
  • Getting booted from Valley of Reciprocity on death
  • Aegis Spirit not overwriting Magic Shell

Please DO NOT report technical bugs, such as problems with patching, installation, logging in, disconnecting, alt-tabbing, your network settings, etc, in this thread. Please create a new thread in Technical Support for such issues. Posts that are not about bugs may be moved or deleted.

To help us out, please try to include screenshots, and describe in detail what issues you are having.

Please note you may not get an immediate reply. We do note everything you all find, and report it. To see what major things get fixed, check out the patch notes page every time we do an update.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patch

Moderator Added Update 4/29/2013

There is a new sub-forum for submitting bug reports, so please submit all bug reports to the Quality Corner instead. Also please see the submission guidelines before posting. They can be found here. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1581141
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• _Jack - Lost City
    _Jack - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when auto pathing to an npc via the find quest box, i have several times ended up in way different areas then i was originally going, for example i was autopathign to the elder of arch and ended up in endless sea just north of dreamweaver port i have asked my faction and it has happened to 3 or 4 other people just thought you guys would like to know if you didnt already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited May 2009
    Options
    when auto pathing to an npc via the find quest box, i have several times ended up in way different areas then i was originally going, for example i was autopathign to the elder of arch and ended up in endless sea just north of dreamweaver port i have asked my faction and it has happened to 3 or 4 other people just thought you guys would like to know if you didnt already
    If you can, please try and provide specific quests in which the auto-pathing isn't working correctly. That way we can track down exactly which auto-pathing items need to be fixed.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    If you can, please try and provide specific quests in which the auto-pathing isn't working correctly. That way we can track down exactly which auto-pathing items need to be fixed.

One I know is Kimsa. The auto path doesnt take you to Kimsa at all it takes you to city of abominations, when kimsa is at the end of stairway to heaven.

The exact quest was "Monster Hunt"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • beardedclam
    beardedclam Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Ok maybe its simple math of height needing to be at such and such number. But My sawfly is a flying pet,,,yet it gets stuck on a clump of grass and hills and rocks..

Most noticable when it is sent to attack, basically it takes a nose dive into the dirt. Therefore anything on the ground stops it in its tracks. Cant the attack point be mapped for like its legs instead of the top of its head? Only its head and topf of its butt is sticking out of the dirt when its hitting a mob.

Yes I know there is ground pets..But I hate to see this in pvp,,enemy stand other side of flower, throws rocks= win. Everyone says this is been a long time issue. Why ? Have you guys not backspaced the part of the coed that has its height marked and entered new number?

I bet the Phoenix doesn't do it..For that kind of money if my pet got stuck on a rock or SMALL clump of grass,,pot hole, hill, bump, I would demand a refund! This is very vexxing and makes me not to want to use this pet. What have you guys looked at in this problem or have you recorded it yet? Thanx
  • msterious
    msterious Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I use the auto-pathing feature alot while doing the paperclip/history/world quest. While auto-pathing to my next stop, I sometimes read the forums. For the third time over the past few days the auto-pathing stops and when I go back to the game window, I am no where near my target. I know I'm not accidentally turning it off or changing any settings.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i experienced a bug back in time when i autopathed to (i'm sorry forgot where it's a quest u get around 85-86 from this sage in archosaur to go kill some mobs back in time

so when i autopathed i suddenly got stuck in the air but i c myselve underground ..
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naan - Sanctuary
    Naan - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The "Gather the Materials" quest requires you to turn in the items to Hen Shao at 122,858 which is in Thousand Streams. But there is no NPC at those coordinates!

I've searched all elevations from every angle looking for a cleverly hidden NPC but he is not there. We used to be able to turn this quest in to much more accessible bankers in regular areas, I think this got broken in a recent patch. I don't see any posts about it on the forums though.

Thanks
  • Vizibroth - Sanctuary
    Vizibroth - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    After accepting my Spiritual Cultivation quest at level 39, it says "SYSTEM MESSAGE complete", instead of "Quest name complete". Not a big bug, but I thought I should report it.
  • minutemade
    minutemade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    at the spots where you kill the werewolf archers and the other monsters there. (the level 19 quest from the priest in the city of plume)

If you die in that area, instead of being sent to the nearest city (city of plume). You are sent to one of the other two smaller cities which are dreaming stronghold or village of brutes, depending on where you die there. I've noticed dieing closer to the top of the hill by the cave sends you to the village of brutes, and the rest of the area sends you to dreaming stronghold.

The reason why i complain/bring this up is because from the city of plume its a short walking/swimming/flying distance, and from the other two cities its a really long flight and while flying back to the spot you end up going by the city of plume.
  • hidyho
    hidyho Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I just turned lvl 72 and went to look for new quest.
    The show available quests button shows a quest called
    "find the family" from Chang Te.
    But when i got to him he has no quest for me.
    not sure if its a bug or anything thogh so if its the wrong location do tell
  • reporter
    reporter Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hello,

I found just a small bug.:
    Phamarcist, Jweller, Tailor and Blacksmith provide a "Disassemble"-Service for different kind of items. If you request the service with a not suitable item the error message "Request function error" or similar will occur. I think that makes not a good picture from you, if this looks like a system error.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've noticed this recently :
    on my archer my skills' channeling time doesn't start 'counting' on the channeling bar. So the bar is just blue the whole time, instead of filling up while channeling. though using buffs like blazing arrow do show the channeling process in the bar...
    It's not a big problem (for me at least), but i wanted to pass it through, just in case.

and one more thing: the 3* bow of the lvl50 box doesnt glow blue like the other weapons from the box do :P no biggy for me yet again b:victory
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Breaksilver - Heavens Tear
    Breaksilver - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I just ran into a problem today when i tried to enter that "Fighters of abomination" thing from the big wolf/dog thing. it took my 100k and allowed me passage but once i teleported in it made my game close and when i logged back on i was in north archosaur.
  • rocknrollprincess
    rocknrollprincess Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hello. I was trying to create a new veno.

I chose "presets" --> "Standard 5"
    Then I go to "Colors".
    When I change "Skin" color, only the color of the face and tail changes. The color for the rest of the body doesn't change.

So now the character has a black face and black tail, but the body is white.
    This only happens when you customise the "Standard 5" preset. If you change to any other preset the colors change normally.
  • Kymi - Sanctuary
    Kymi - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Today I was in cube (no this isn't really a cube bug, please read on) and gave up after I got to room 46 and failed. Anyways, I exited the cube and proceeded to fb51 to meet my guildies to do a run. I was mid flight on my bird quite high in the sky when all of a sudden I zoned into the start of the cube. Needless to say I was somewhat surprised seeing as I was nowhere near a town with an adventure assistant, or on the ground for that matter. I'm positive it wasn't just a really long lag as I'd not only npc teleported twice, but also gotten on my bird - these things are impossible during lag.

I considered submitting a ticket, but I thought eh.. that was weird but I'm sure is a one off. However after the fb we all went to kill some quest mobs at Sea of Reality when all of a sudden one of our group says something along the lines of "woah, how'd I get here?". We look at the map and somehow she got ported mid spell to somewhere near Avalanche Canyon, right at the top of the map.

None of us have experienced these type of problems before today. I'll also add that although I had previously been in the cube today, my guild mate that also got ported today had not been anywhere near Avalanche Canyon.

Crazy stuff :D
  • trigger1
    trigger1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    While flying through old heavens tear to kill mobs for the quest "Cracks", i seemed to have fell through the floor.

I was flying in tiger form to the autopath location, turned into human while flying to equip my genie then this happened. I couldn't move in any direction.

Had to use my town portal to fix it.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1669/stuck1.jpg
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4229/stuck2.jpg

Last screenshot is of me looking straight down.

Nothing major, just had to wait a while for my town portal to cooldown b:sad
  • surtr
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Make sure you have at least two free slots in your inventory, and the volume should automatically appear.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just a minor thing I noticed again. Recently I got a lucky pack from a mob. I got 1 inventory space left when I opened it. I didn't get anything (i'm absolutely sure), so I thought that maybe I hit the 'jackpot'. So I cleaned out my inventory right after that, but still I didn't get a thing.
    Don't know if this is supposed to happen if you don't have enough slots in the first place...
    >.<
  • dacul
    dacul Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Genie's Lightning Chaser is bugged on Infliction genie.
    Doesn't take into consideration strength points and does only less than base damage.
    I compare it with Leaf Dance where my 46 strength makes a difference noticeable compared to base damage written in description.
    Or with Celestial sword which does 4x damage even with 32 strength points

Lucky box code must be looked into.
    Since I play this game being BM I only got potions as reward for lucky boxes.
    I wonder why, 'coz my gf who plays a veno gets also shards and pills if I give my lucky boxes to her.

Embrace
    If I get down from maximum altitude my gf drops from embrace remains in air on an invisible plane at a certain altitude.
    This sux because sometimes flying mobs attack her while we are afk.

Not a bug, but I would like when carry female char, if mobs attack, the male should be always the one to take the hits.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    Options
    dacul wrote: »

Lucky box code must be looked into.
    Since I play this game being BM I only got potions as reward for lucky boxes.
    I wonder why, 'coz my gf who plays a veno gets also shards and pills if I give my lucky boxes to her.

There's a slight chance on hitting the jackpot when you open a lucky card/box/pack etc. Then you get 10 of each potion, a shard and 2 pills. Otherwise you just get 5 potions. b:victory
    >.<
  • Prolinechan - Sanctuary
    Prolinechan - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    i just bought the new mount (battlecat) and i found that you guys missed a spot while giving him flesh.
    its on his left ****-cheek XD
    ----screenshots included
    2009-06-1100-14-11-1.jpg
    2009-06-1023-06-57.jpg
  • _Brighid_ - Dreamweaver
    _Brighid_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I am just outside sundown town, coord: 93,580. I am fighting Eldergoth Sharpshooters and i end up with 3 at a time attacking me, which would be fine if they didn't keep running into the unavailanle zone. I can't reach them to attack them and have to try to pull them out of the zone so i can reach them to get a hit. yes i do have some ranged attacks but thier cooldown time is too long to be really effective. I don't know if there is a way to keep the NPCs from being able to cross into the unvailable zones but it would be alot more helpful if I could reach my target.
  • quiquechen
    quiquechen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    The taurox archon one man army quest at the tusk town blacksmith is only giving 1 rep. as a reward. It should be 2 rep.
  • vallxff
    vallxff Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Hi i cant Login in game end in forums.
    last, i sell herbs,no windowised,norton antivirus show need updates(balon) - go to desctop(the game is minimized) -> hold restart, end no login -> user or pass incorect.
    What naw? bug ot ban or....

(Amadeosxff)
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    There seems to be an issue with the makeover scroll as both I and another member of my guild have had this problem now. The character is altered to the desired effect, but when you press OK to take you back into the game one of the attributes you changed doesn't take. For me it was my hairstyle, for the other guy it was removing his beard. Don't know whether there's a common factor, and unwilling to play around seeing as it costs 2 gold per try b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • twiblack
    twiblack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I put it anyway and I'm sorry if someone put this before. b:surrender
    So cleric have this skill Celestial Guardian's Seal - Increase target's health and mana regeneration rate by 1-10
    per second for 30 minutes.
    Problems start when you use a focus or life powder (50 regeneration rate per second). If you have powder on and you get the Celestial Guardian's Seal buff, the powder disappears and you get the 1-10 regeneration rate from cleric's buff. This doesn't seems right to me, I mean better buffs should stay over the worse buffs so we can avoid bad buffing because a cleric can easy cancel your powder... b:cry
    Please fix it and sorry for you time b:pleased have fun all b:victory
  • Maqi - Sanctuary
    Maqi - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hum.. this my bug..
    i was killing tigerao hexeyes(i think thats the name) and i see a blue item.. i take it and i stil killing it.

when i was selling the dragon items i see the bug
    one of the tigers give me : Chain of Cloudy Dreams,(necklace level 63)its from quest.

Im sure didnt put it a player because i was alone.

im just reporting what i seeb:bye
  • shera1
    shera1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    When doing lvl 79 quest, clicked autopath to go to king clams took me to sea portal thing south west of dreamweaver. Should have taken me south of nameless Isle. FYI
  • Sethi - Dreamweaver
    Sethi - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Area "Courage Path" seems to be bugged for Embracing. It tells me "Unable to Embrace", and tells the person I'm trying to embrace the same thing when she tries. This is in both normal and animal forms, and for mixed animal and normal forms on the Untamed. I can try to provide a screenshot of the relative area we were in, if it's needed.
  • Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver
    Sacagaweia - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There's an area in Secret Passage, south of the Ancient Evil rooms east of Dismal Shade's room, that you can't get out of once you're in without using town portal.
This discussion has been closed.