Wizards BEing Godly Rumor

13»

Comments

• Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If blademasters always had alter marrow magical on, they would have problems with archers, barbarians and other blademasters.

(ShadowFeaX was talking about killing blademasters with his opening attack. Ambushing can be rather miserable, but your objection did not make any sense.)

Find me a BM with good pvp experience who can't see a mage coming.
    If you find one, then I'll change my word.
    That BM must also have reflexes as slow as ever to be able to cast magic marrow SLOWER than a mage can cast sandstorm/stone rain(for 89+ levels).

Plus you can't one shot a blade master with one shot if you don't use undine, or some form of debuff right away. I'd like to see a blade master stupid enough to say "He won't try it again!" and ignore magic marrow.

Can't ambush if you've gotta give yourself away with undine.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Just a thought, but occult ice also helps against BMs. I can kill equal level BMs using it. Get them to like 55-75% HP, Undine, Occult Ice, Distance Shrink, Sutra, have fun. You can throw Force of Will in there somewhere if you want/need to. It's worked decently for me so far. There's counters for everything, though. And Occult isn't 100% either, plus you won't be able to use Ex Poison unless you have enough energy/vit.

You can think of variations, too. Since Occult is a stun, you can try undine - shrink - pyro - sutra - etc, and use it when they get in it's range (10m). Risky, though, because you can't choose not to waste sutra if you see Occult fails.

A somewhat reliable stun is a nice thing to have, wizards didn't have that before. I'm still looking for other ways to use it. I'm sure there's other target control genie skills too, so play around.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary
    ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Grats Chocoo you managed to not only be so thick that you missed everything I said but you also managed to turn it into something that COMPLETELY misses the point I was talking about.

1. I was talking about fighting BMs in pk mode. I said NOTHING about facing them alone and i certainly wasn't talking about facing a barb alone not pking anyway.

2. I am not entirely sure but i doubt most BMs get to 12k hp.(I said most so don't use this to go prataling again)

3. Any BM that uses Magic Marrow in a mass fight is just an idiot. If you had actual expirence with a BM you might grasp how much of a sore it can be. Thats why smart bms don't really use marrows in pk. Kinda dumb to magic marrow to take on that wiz and then get owned by the barb thats in front of you isn't it?

4. I never once mentioned that I pk alone now did I?

5. I was talking about one hitting a bm with sandstorm or atleast using it to tick their charm as my opening attack. I'm not an idiot. I know full well SS is too slow for use after the opening attack.

Btw you can take your foot out of your mouth now.

~Peace~
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Grats Chocoo you managed to not only be so thick that you missed everything I said but you also managed to turn it into something that COMPLETELY misses the point I was talking about.

1. I was talking about fighting BMs in pk mode. I said NOTHING about facing them alone and i certainly wasn't talking about facing a barb alone not pking anyway.

2. I am not entirely sure but i doubt most BMs get to 12k hp.(I said most so don't use this to go prataling again)

3. Any BM that uses Magic Marrow in a mass fight is just an idiot. If you had actual expirence with a BM you might grasp how much of a sore it can be. Thats why smart bms don't really use marrows in pk. Kinda dumb to magic marrow to take on that wiz and then get owned by the barb thats in front of you isn't it?

5. I was talking about one hitting a bm with sandstorm or atleast using it to tick their charm as my opening attack. I'm not an idiot. I know full well SS is too slow for use after the opening attack.

~Peace~

1. Your post shows a great lack of experience. Ofcourse his talking about PK mode, thats all we have on lost city. When someone casts an attack on you, if u dont currently have a target it'll target the one casting on you. What his saying is because a wiz needs undine first, by the time his next spell casts the bm will have his marrow up.

2. 12k hp maybe not, but 8k+ is still just as annoying.

3. LOL, barbs target BM's first in mass pvp? OK.

4. You might not, but alot do, so its a valid discussion.

5. Your not gonna one shot them. You might tick their charm with '6k crit' but then they alter marrow, and ur lucky crits arent hitting, your doing 2k at most and then u got a bm stunning ur squishy ****.

How about this, you tick their charm with '6k crit' and sutra, the bm notices and drops down from the air. he uses marrow and flys back up, you start running for safe zone.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i PK as a pure wiz in the 30s with rank armor. i got on the top 50 list b:laugh

all stories aside

BMs dont use marrows in PK, i know 7x and 8x BMs who i never seen using a marrow in PK mode. never asked why.

wait rephrase: on the dreamweaver server BMs dont use marrows

which makes them the only thing a wizard could kill besides

oh ya and a wizard can beat a vit archer, i was dueling one today who was a lvl above me and he wasnt doing much lol and i was doing 1k damage to him! 3 hits = dead archer

i get destroyed by a 8x barb, how did you live a triple spark attack? was he in tiger mode?
    i was a LA wiz when that happen too
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • _Zero_ - Lost City
    _Zero_ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009

all stories aside

BMs dont use marrows in PK, i know 7x and 8x BMs who i never seen using a marrow in PK mode. never asked why.

oh ya and a wizard can beat a vit archer, i was dueling one today who was a lvl above me and he wasnt doing much lol and i was doing 1k damage to him! 3 hits = dead archer

i get destroyed by a 8x barb, how did you live a triple spark attack? was he in tiger mode?

Well all i can say is that you are fighitng some ret@rded bms if they dont use magical marrow in mass pvp. Why? Because as a bm you are heavy armor and what hurts heavy armor, magic duh.....every bm whose done any research knows they should use magical marrow with the skill only lvl 5-7 in mass pvp. I find it really hard to believe that you as a squishy took on a 8X and 7x bm and won alone. If it wasnt alone they why you saying you took them on? I would like some screenies of these pk mode kills of 8x bms or 7x bms that you speak of. PK rankings dont mean anything really so please dont try to use that as a bragging right for all we know you could of been pking lvl 30's or been pking people your lvl. At 8x both barbs and bms know its kinda useless to try to pk eachother alone since they deal mainly physcial attacks, Bm can stun to buy time for charm to get off cooldown and barbs have too much life to break through. Now im not calling you a liar i would just like a lil proof.
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009

all stories aside

because duels mean alot
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    meaangirl wrote: »
    because duels mean alot

missqq, right?
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Thick? Talk with your experience, not your foot. K?

And in pk mode, BMs definitely will use magic marrow.
    Its ridiculous for them not to.
    Magic marrow doesn't reduce their physical defence enough for them to be food to barbs/ other bms.
    Please get your info right.

But they sure have 8k hp at 90+.
    The bms on your server clearly do not pour their points into a pk build.
    P-K B-U-I-L-D. Need me to give you a link to a pwcalc build? Mr.IHaveExperience?
    Btw, I was referring to your barb friend with 12k hp. I was outlining a possible battle with him.

I need not say much about this issue.
    BMs definitely need Magic Marrow in a mass fight.
    Please know, Barbs do not targets BMs primarily in a pk war, nor do bms target other bms. Most people playing these classes with experience knows that their primary targets is to take out the magic DDs. These are archers, clerics and.. mages. Even so, BMs still have enough defence to hold their own even with magic marrow on. You sound like you need more experience with a BM than I do.

But we are on the topic of mages fighting a bm.
    If we're talking mass pvp, then anything goes.
    If we're on the topic of a mage versus a bm, and if you're proving we're so "awesome" against bms, then we're going to need to scale this down a little.
    But, hey, at least you get a choice. You can pk alone if you choose to.
    Welcome to Lost City though, we get no choice.
    I'm always targeted while grinding an envoy alone, and so I'm speaking from my experience on pvping.
    Imo, a pk battle 1 on 1 with a bm is always a hiero war.
    Bms don't do enough damage to kill me one on one, but I can't do enough damage or find the time to do enough damage too to kill him after his hiero ticks. Its all about the way you use skills, but its VERY VERY hard to one shot a bm on "first" shot like you said, especially if they realize you're there and magic marrow.

And this is what proves my point on not being able to win a bm alone, or at least proves how difficult it is to finish the victor.
    Think about it for a minute, aside from Sandstorm where you can do a lot of damage, what do you do after you tick his hiero?
    Please note, its VERY hard to one hit a BM, you need a triple spark + crit, or undine + crit to one hit a good bm at my level.
    After his hiero ticks, he's at full hp. What attacks do you use then to finish him off? What I ended up having to do is pop an immune to movement debuff pot, then I was able to live through the stuns and take him out.
    But without pots, its far too difficult, especially when you need to kite backwards first to avoid his onslaught of attacks. 10 seconds isn't a long time, and without proper tactics, is very hard to whittle another 8k hp away while the bm has marrow active.
    Don't think of the bm as a static object. He moves around too.
    As Hidden said, he could drop down from his aerogear and wait his time out.
    We as mages lack opponent control skills, there's not much we can do.

Will do. My foot tasted kinda neat, but since you insist I take it out, may I borrow your foot?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    i didnt said i took them on..i said i know of
    the only time i took on a 7x BM was in TW and it wasnt hard LA wizards arent squishy, i live longer than a archer of my lvl (cause of pdef shield)

second i said i PK in my 30s! ok a lvl 30 PKing a lvl 30 isnt fair? i stopped in my late 30s so im not in the list anymore. but i was known as the wizard who fought you in your face, i have to admit little stupid but hey i was young
    and archers were easy cause of this

no offense plz read before posting, i dont like sounding mean. thank you for your time =)

WHAT WIZARD IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DUEL! I ONLY DUEL BECAUSE SOMEONE CHALLENGES ME AND THATS NORMALLY GUILDIES
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    a wizard casted his pyrogram in the wrong place, onoes the flames are getting intense!
  • _Zero_ - Lost City
    _Zero_ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Light does survive better but now that they know you are light i guess your gonna see a lot more magic attacks on you in tws. Just remember mages can still one shot u like an archer >.< . Ty for keeping your post civil Mizouni.
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I thought we did not get undine strike until level 79, when we also would be getting soporific whisper?
    Anyone who can afford BOTH those skills at 79 will not have 2 million spirit lying around.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I thought we did not get undine strike until level 79, when we also would be getting soporific whisper?

mm that'd be just a tad on the expensive side... costing you 14 million coins.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Egrimm - Lost City
    Egrimm - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can't wait to be 90+ (will take a long time though).

I'm a **** however, been pure since level 1 b:laugh

- Amy

pure is the way to go been since level 1 also.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wizs is the hardest class to pk/play with

90+ ur still easy to drop if u arent ready

100+i heard its easier but not much of a difference unless ur gear is good

note: talking bout robes

la mite as well be a archer with less crits/less dps/evasion
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    i restated back to pure because:
    1: rather take phys damage than mag
    2: i get one shotted by magic classes now
    3: the damage was really sucky and the crit was unreliable
  • Godofdarknes - Lost City
    Godofdarknes - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i went LA for TW
    i didnt like dying in 1 hit
    also a LA wizard in our guild tanked world boss!
    no one wanted to tank it so he did and we suceeded!
    LA is what i recommend if your going to TW a lot. the only thing i noticed is having less mana but thats nothing charms cant dob:victory

pssh plz LA has a way lower mag attack than a full int. bc u are spending all of that attr. points and putting it into wat is it vit and dex? anyway ur signiture is wrong lol i crit a lv 9x fully eqed arcane wiz for 3600 lol(hashinen leader on lost server) but i do aggree with u on the "BT FTW"
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    #1 Lv55's arent factors in TW
    #2 Stop denying the fact that you do less damage than pure int.
    #3 Wizards are DDs, not tanks.

wizards can tank bosses lol
    as a matter of fact i tanked mantavip, slit, and slither(lv 70 snake on tai chi island) at lv 57 with a lv 56 clerics help
    sure it took a min(more like 1 hr each, man i swear it was worse than a HH boss lol) so yeah wizards can tank just not bosses that do physical damage
    edited May 2009
    wizards can tank bosses lol
    as a matter of fact i tanked mantavip, slit, and slither(lv 70 snake on tai chi island) at lv 57 with a lv 56 clerics help
    sure it took a min(more like 1 hr each, man i swear it was worse than a HH boss lol) so yeah wizards can tank just not bosses that do physical damage

oops lol sorry i was a 55 and my cleric was a 57 (bad memory my bad)
    edited May 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    55 Tanking manta? Lies , Lies and guess what? ... Slith 55? ROFL.
    Manta case : Your Resistance will kicks only if mob same lvl as you or lower otherwise damage is Amplified so Manta being 20!! levels higher then you will **** your bottoms even with 4 Clerics on you at same 56-57 level including charms.
    Slith case: Nice story as well : You DON'T have Resistance at all in this case since Tai-Chi Emperor using drain which is NOT element based. It takes 1 tops 2 cast to neutralize mage lvl 60+ even under care of equal level of Cleric.
    Now unless you provide video don't talk ****. The only thing i can think about where you could done that it's on private server with Godly equipment or Weakened mob or with Botton "I Win"b:bye
    In General Wizards are best Nukers ( ignoring rumor about archer being that. there are many reasons to that) unfortunatelly you can feel it very late in game due to really high requirements in order to reach that godly position. Refining bites as hell :(

lol plz i have screenshots if i only knew how to post them
    edited May 2009
    no matter what you're fighting, u have some kind of resist to it. it may not be the best for that level of monster, but it's definitly something. and i know that a maxed water shield, even in the 50s, can probably get the same water defense i have(8k+). and mantavip hits me for 200s.

lol ty evidentally that other person just hasnt tried it at that lv
    edited May 2009
    wnight wrote: »
    "no matter what you're fighting, u have some kind of resist to it. it may not be the best for that level of monster, but it's definitly something. and i know that a maxed water shield, even in the 50s, can probably get the same water defense i have(8k+). and mantavip hits me for 200s."

200d is true for 8k when you're equal or higher then mob. I did tried with 2Clerics(same level) on me when i was 63 with same 9k Water Def and it did hell not 200 but ~800d each hit , guess the meaning when your life barely over 1k by that time ? b:surrender

wow ur hp was barely over 1k at 63? lmfao mine was twice that bc i am a hybrid i had 2k hp at the time that i tanked it
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wow, multi quote is there for a reason. Baddie in game, not sure what I expected on the forums ;)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    nah its right
    he was ganking my friend with some barb and my friend told me to come help him (he is a BM btw) took out the barb 3 hits oddly (later found out he is a fail barb) magicz kept on attacking so i let it rip and drop a BT on him, crit b:victory

and my friend puts o.o in the chat box lol