Wizards BEing Godly Rumor

Comments

• Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ok, I have no experience with 60+ PvP, but I do know that I've seen PvP wars and alot of 1v1 vs other classes. LA mages die just as fast. Aedus (lvl 72 BM) vs DragonSlayer(8x+ with Undine strike)((LA)) Aedus stunned him and killed him before the first stun was over. DragonSlayer has pretty
    good gear, and he died FAST.

From what ive seen, Pure mages usually stay back and nuke ^^. I was watching a PK war and i saw one wiz casting ice dragon and BOOM like 4 people died and like 5 others got their charm ticked pretty bad.

Im sure survivability is a big part, but just watch yourself and dont let people sneak up on you, and if they do OH NOES go back to town, go back, and kill them. Mages have a HUGE advantage when the target isnt targeting them alrdy.

In TW, mages are nukers that accept that they are going to die before/right after they actually cast the spell, but also know they will take quite a few out at the same time.

Edit: NEW AVATAR ^^ lol

well then that wiz must have sucked because ive gotten chain stunned by lvl 90+ and have made it out alive
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Talk is cheap.
  • Blackpray - Heavens Tear
    Blackpray - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think wizards are tanks...
    I've never seen another class tank Mantavip at lvl 60
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009

That's about the only boss we can tank.
    How are we tanks?
    Go and tank Krimson.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How are we tanks?
    Go and tank Krimson.

Suzerix FTW b:victory And Krixxix will always stay a good friend of mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How are we tanks?
    Go and tank Krimson.

heavy mage ftw?
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    With krimson's debuff? I've seen good (really good!) barbs dying there, and bms getting 1shotted. It's not funny.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009

Can a wiz "tank" without a Cleric on his/her back? Clerics can tank the same bosses at the same lvls and they don't need anyone to support them, so the tanking part is not so accurate if you ask me..

Btw. can't Venos solo mantavip?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can a wiz "tank" without a Cleric on his/her back? Clerics can tank the same bosses at the same lvls and they don't need anyone to support them, so the tanking part is not so accurate if you ask me..

Btw. can't Venos solo mantavip?

all wrong. no veno/cleric/bm can solo MAGIC water/earth/fire bosses at the same level a wiz does. clerics simply lack mag res. venos suffer even more because their pets take both magic and melee hits. blademasters have their alter marrow but they end up suffering like veno pets. clerics only shine if the boss has debuffs. even then i don't see 5x clerics soloing mantavip or krimson.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Wizards can tank any magical boses without support just need to use head and not jump over it b:chuckle
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    all wrong. no veno/cleric/bm can solo MAGIC water/earth/fire bosses at the same level a wiz does. clerics simply lack mag res. venos suffer even more because their pets take both magic and melee hits. blademasters have their alter marrow but they end up suffering like veno pets. clerics only shine if the boss has debuffs. even then i don't see 5x clerics soloing mantavip or krimson.

Say that to the party I was in when I tanked mantavip at 60 and I'm even LA... b:bye
    Btw. Wizards can't tank krimson, that thing wipes a party in seconds no matter what class you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wow, someone asked me to tank mantavip and i refused cause i didnt think LA would be enough. but i guess it is if what mikel says is true.

LA rocks in TW
    i had one on sunday and i actually lives against 7x and 8x Bms and archers
    i even got my fair share of kills and didnt die until the barbs came....12k HP UNBUFFED b:shocked
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wow, someone asked me to tank mantavip and i refused cause i didnt think LA would be enough. but i guess it is if what mikel says is true.

LA rocks in TW
    i had one on sunday and i actually lives against 7x and 8x Bms and archers
    i even got my fair share of kills and didnt die until the barbs came....12k HP UNBUFFED b:shocked
    yeah, too bad we didn't have the chance to meet :) although we were in the same TW. I was defending our crystal so not much action this week.
    Whoever said Wizz shines in TW, I tend to agree more and more. There's nothing like a wizz full of chi pots rapid firing with Sutra.

OT: I don't understand what's the fuss about Veno with Bee ... I killed 3 of them and was really, really easy (WoF -> gush -> SS on pet, then Haste the sword, Gush -Sutra veno). Dunno the lvl and skill , might have just got lucky with some low lvls...Haven't seen a Nix in weeks in TW.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    ursa why is kage so squishy? b:chuckle i 3 shot him o_0
    ya i think i got to the castle, then i turned around cause i thought i should help out killing the barbs.

and nix is soooooooooooooo OP
    at least as LA i live 3 seconds longer than a pure mage
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Dunno, was probably not buffed or some genie messed him up? I have no idea, I don't duel/PvP at all except TW so I don't know what his strength is.

and the Nix stuff, yeah, if u can't see it commin' and the bird has the first hit, you're b:bye
    Last week I killed a Nix, they aren't that hard to deal with if u see them commin: WoF-blink-gush-SS-WoF (+ add whatever to finish, but I never had to).

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol I thought my wiz was pretty godly at level one... when i rapefaced all those jaden thingies with one-shot... then leveled to 40 in two days because I killed hecka fastb:victory... then came back from 3 week vacation/break and leveled 55-63 in a week because I kill even faster with TT weap b:laugh

...then in TW I land a crit and watch lvl 7X BMs lose 1/4-1/2 their HP...

Yup I'm still believing this rumor that wizzies are godly, and you don't have to be lvl 95 either.

P.s. did I mention I'm like rich-face too? ...like I make bank with my wiz (approx. 130k per hour) cuz my only repair cost is the weapon (about 2k per day for everything else).
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Wizzies really shine in TW, but usually suck in duels and PvP unless u have some really really nice gear.
    PvE, no question, get the best possible wpn for your lvl and find grind spots with mobs that have weakness on our elements. That's some laid back lvling.
    In TW wizz is like a sniper. Sneaky, deal tons of dmg, get out fast. About 2 weeks ago I was in a strike team (3 archers 3 wizzies) roaming free over the TW field. It was a make or break team, we didn't have any clerics to back us up. But none of us died, and we **** the face of the earth wherever we were called for dmg support.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    ya i agree wizards **** in TW
    and if your LA you **** in Pk and duels b:laugh
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    ursa what do you shard with?
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Not a huge diff, big damage difference though, especially with ults/sparks. My survivability is better, my pdef is about 5-7% lower and my mdef rose by about 15. My gear is only +3 though with 2 g6 pdef shards in each (1 g6 hp in each my top and leggings).

Self buffed I have 3.7k pdef 3.7k hp and 7k mdef, which is decent, and it'll only get better as I + my gear. I'm an actual DD now b:pleased

Can't wait to be 90+ (will take a long time though).

I'm a **** however, been pure since level 1 b:laugh

- Amy
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    i was using pwi calculator and i am going to restat back to pure at 60, the numbers in matk was just too huge.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    And you're on Dreamweaver, no reason at all to go LA.
  • crios
    crios Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I switched to LA in the late 60s and yeah despite being on a pve server (durr) i find its not only easier to level due to being able to survive in zhenn/rebirths but I notice the only classes within 15 levels in either direction that are able to 1 shot me are other wizzies. BMs i can usually kill before they get to me. A 9X barb triple sparked the other day and still had to 2 hit me and I have to admit I have been lazy and not Sharded much of my equipement yet. Yeah I deal slightly less damage but big deal. With robes I still have within a few 100 the same resistances that an arcane has. Yet I can switch to LA and just laugh as I slay others in pk/tw and as i said its much easier to level when zhen/rebirth is an option over grinding.

Even in zhen which sucks comepared to rebirth, even at my level i can make an easy 14% an hour. Thats alot of exp. Good luck to a robe wiz able to make exp that quickly. Plus I find that I die less which meens less exp lost. Even with a level 10 rez, .2% at higher levels sucks and I don't know about you all but imo the less I die the easier it is for me to get to the next level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IGN-Rampage
    Class-Champion
    Tired of guilds bragging about being number 1 before the game even starts?
    Hate internal drama?
    Insanity is for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4NXNemSXjQ If you like BoI then your going to love this vid. Just Copy and paste.
  • ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary
    ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Only level 73 btw (idk if my av updated yet or not)

Me=crios
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    crios wrote: »
    I switched to LA in the late 60s and yeah despite being on a pve server (durr) i find its not only easier to level due to being able to survive in zhenn/rebirths but I notice the only classes within 15 levels in either direction that are able to 1 shot me are other wizzies. BMs i can usually kill before they get to me. A 9X barb triple sparked the other day and still had to 2 hit me and I have to admit I have been lazy and not Sharded much of my equipement yet. Yeah I deal slightly less damage but big deal. With robes I still have within a few 100 the same resistances that an arcane has. Yet I can switch to LA and just laugh as I slay others in pk/tw and as i said its much easier to level when zhen/rebirth is an option over grinding...

Dang, those are some pretty crappy bms and barbs then.
    BMs with magic sutra are a huge pain in the **** to kill... especially around my level where bms now have 7k+ hp -.- (dang.. HH90+5 set adds a LOT of hp)... and with magic sutra on, even my sage stone rain deals only 2.2k damage or so with undine on =/
    With a charm on, those bms are practically impossible to kill without some sort of anti-stun pot.

Sure, you can take two hits from a 9x barb, but can you kill him? Probably not. I found out that wizards fighting barbs usually ends in an enormous hiero **** of both sides where the barb never dies, and the wiz just keeps kiting while getting hit here and there. They both never die. (DestroyTokyo is an exception, I still say he's scary.)

I still call major bs on any wizard who claims they can kill a BM before the BM can reach them. That BM must be absolutely crappy beyond belief.

EDIT: Unless you managed to triple spark and one hit him before he got to you. That is an exception, and its pretty rare too...
  • ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary
    ShadowFeaX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I still call major bs on any wizard who claims they can kill a BM before the BM can reach them. That BM must be absolutely crappy beyond belief.

You must not know what your doing then. With a single crit i can one shot a bm thats not smart enough to use magic marrow right off the bat. And they won't in pk mode because a lone wiz pking is very unlikely. I tested out a normal attack on a barb friend of mine and hit him for half his life (12k at level 81) and hit for a bit over 6k.

If i can do that with 1 crit what do you think I or a wiz thats not a noob can do after using FoW+the sutra combo?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Some BMs like angryteddy manage to die before they get to you, even if they're a few levels higher than you. b:shutup

But yeah a decent BM won't die so easily. Wizards can still kill barbs though, just takes a bit because you need sutra + you have to wait till you can tick their hiero with pyrogram (less casting time than most skills) with a stun failing on their side. Only then it's a high chance of killing them without you feeling like you wasted 2 sparks. And as LA, with Amp/Undine you can bypass even barb hiero's now with an average SS crit.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    You must not know what your doing then. With a single crit i can one shot a bm thats not smart enough to use magic marrow right off the bat. And they won't in pk mode because a lone wiz pking is very unlikely. I tested out a normal attack on a barb friend of mine and hit him for half his life (12k at level 81) and hit for a bit over 6k.

If i can do that with 1 crit what do you think I or a wiz thats not a noob can do after using FoW+the sutra combo?

Let's start.
    While I really appreciate the fact you're making us look appear strong and wonderful in pvp, I'm going to have to point out a few flaws.
    1) Not smart enough to use magic marrow = horribly stupid bm. End of story.

2) BM who won't change his modes in pk to accomodate, also = horribly stupid bm. Plus on Lost City, 1 on 1 pk happens a lot, and since we're in a wizards discussion, we're going to centre on the 1 on 1s first. I know we're absolutely fantastic in large pk wars (especially now, any of my skills are painful.. Level 11 skills are incredibly painful), but in a 1 on 1, bms with magic sutra AND a charm is far too hard to kill 1 on 1. They've got too much hp, and too many skills to disable you. Don't always assume that we're the ones pking. In fact, many wizards are the ones pked by others since we're spotted as the "food". Oh, btw... Smack... (BM 79 skill) casts faster than FoW. Scary skill that is.

3) How often do you think you'd crit? Think of a normal pk fight between you and your friend. He's flying forward at you, you crit him for 6k before he gets to you (sandstorm I assume.. long channel + cast, he's definitely in your face after you cast it), his hiero will tick, he'll probably land a hit or two. If he stuns you, then you're definitely not gonna be able to finish him before his hiero's 10s cooldown is over. Somehow, you've gotta be able to do another 12k damage to him within 10 seconds. Sandstorm occupies another 4.5 seconds, plus you gotta kite him cause you can't take him blow for blow. If you're lucky to crit him again, then that's a good case scenario. In a normal case scenario, you'd better wish you crit AFTER his hiero ticks instead. But usually by the time he's in your face, you're better off throwing gush and pyrograms cause sandstorms gonna give him a chance to land some blows on you too. Sure, you could FoW and Sutra, but mind you, a good pker won't run the other way like a mob would, he'd keep you on trail.
    Would you waste your precious seal time (which is like 3 seconds...) just to shrink backwards? You could, but by the time you start your sutra combo, he's probably out of his seal and he'd start plummeling you again. Actually, its pretty hard to even get enough spark to sutra when fighting a barb, since you've gotta distance shrink so often. Barbs are pretty hard to kill one on one in pk.

Do remember also... level 70 isn't a good level to base pk experiences on.
    No one refines their gear at 70, and no one brings out the potential in their classes quite well yet. When you're 90, then see for yourself how hard it is to kill a real BM.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    At his level I did have an easy times with BM's also. Not so much after 80, hp just gets to high to be able to finish a BM before you get stunlocked (since nearly every bm is an axe bm). At 90+ demon wizzies with books for their stuns, that's a different story.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If blademasters always had alter marrow magical on, they would have problems with archers, barbarians and other blademasters.

(ShadowFeaX was talking about killing blademasters with his opening attack. Ambushing can be rather miserable, but your objection did not make any sense.)

In mass pvp BM should use alter marrow magic and vs mage, archer, cleric. Only exception is barb and bm. BM should never lvl marrow magic more then lvl 5-7 for the skill because they give up too much physical def for the magical def. Any archer will tell u they will use metal moves, sharptooth, aim low (to imobilize not for damage), stunning arrow and thats about it on a BM. BM doesnt give up too much physical def using magical marrow because Aura of the Golden Bell buff. BM's usually dont target eachother in mass pvp. If ur a barb would u chase a bm (and be stuck in a battle that niether one of u can win) or a cleric, wiz, archer? If ur a bm would u chase another bm or kill the archer, wiz, cleric who have a way higher probability of killing you? Venomancers with nixes are usually anyones focus since they ****, if its a bee its not really that bad.