Petition for Same Sex Marriage

Comments

• KattYos - Sanctuary
    KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this topic is not one to bash other people beliefs, or religions, or race. this topic is one to support same sex marriage. if you do not believe it it, get out and dont flame. i dont support bashing, and i apologize to you TearValerin for Cupidfists words that was out of line. i am hoping to be able to have marriage for my lover's name over my head but that is about all i want. thank you all so far for your support
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    it cost $60 to marry in this game. might as well get married in real life.
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    Trithera - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    tearvallen, i am sorry too if i offened you, i didnt mean to if i did
  • Endegra - Sanctuary
    Endegra - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well i want to marry my boyfriend who plays a veno (and i play another one too) so APPROVE IT!!b:dirty
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009

TL;DR - This is a game, they have marriage here because that's what the general population wants
    They aren't saying DEVs put it in the game...this is a petition,we're getting as many ppl to sign in to see what the "general" population wants.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you dont talk trash, americans did nothing to your ancesters, the spanish did, so stop bringing up your ancesters, your ancesters have nothing to do with this, and btw lets take one of the tribes, cherokee(sorry if i misspelled it) the cherokee get money from the government, can get into certain colleges for free, and a few other things. so stop using your ancestral history as a crutch and stand up for yourself and stop acting like you suffered like your ancesters did, because *bells go off* you didnt you moron, so stop bashing bis, lesbain, and other homosexuals, because your doing exactly what your "ancesters" had done to them, only verbally and emotionally instead of physically
    Ok now its time to resort to name calling you are just plain an idiot.

The Spanish fall under the CAUCASOID race, the root for Caucasian which also means what to anthropologists: WHITE PEOPLE :O!

Am I leaning on a crutch for anything? no. you cant read, Im making a point, you idiot, that theres other minorities who have worse off than **** and bi's do. Not just Mexiican Indians, all indians over North America.

Your example of the Cherokee is severely flawed. They made an appeal appeal to the supreme court to have some reparations made. They lost. By refusing to consider Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1831), the Supreme Court denied self-government to a Native American tribe. Prior to 1831, the federal government treated tribes as foreign entities in conducting official interactions with them. It was not until after Andrew Jackson left office, were they officially declared a nation, and that is when they recieved the benefits they do now.

Other tribes... do not.

But as an ill informed half wit as you are, I have not insulted homosexuals in one way shape or form. You insulted me, twice I resorted not to giving in, but you decided to go and bring out more flames anyways.

**** dont need to get married in a game, they have all the right to be in love outside, but this is not a place for it. Use your ****ing brain >>
    edited May 2009
    and seeing your apology in an above post now, I suppose thats mature. I acknowledge it.
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Ok now its time to resort to name calling you are just plain an idiot.

The Spanish fall under the CAUCASOID race, the root for Caucasian which also means what to anthropologists: WHITE PEOPLE :O!

Am I leaning on a crutch for anything? no. you cant read, Im making a point, you idiot, that theres other minorities who have worse off than **** and bi's do. Not just Mexiican Indians, all indians over North America.

Your example of the Cherokee is severely flawed. They made an appeal appeal to the supreme court to have some reparations made. They lost. By refusing to consider Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1831), the Supreme Court denied self-government to a Native American tribe. Prior to 1831, the federal government treated tribes as foreign entities in conducting official interactions with them. It was not until after Andrew Jackson left office, were they officially declared a nation, and that is when they recieved the benefits they do now.

Other tribes... do not.

But as an ill informed half wit as you are, I have not insulted homosexuals in one way shape or form. You insulted me, twice I resorted not to giving in, but you decided to go and bring out more flames anyways.

**** dont need to get married in a game, they have all the right to be in love outside, but this is not a place for it. Use your ****ing brain >>

i just apologized for insulting you and you insult me back, hummm and you call me a half wit, just because im not that big on history, or dont study it just to use it, im a computer programer, not a history teacher, and believe me if you want the "white"history i cant tell you that either, for me i believe that all human races are equal and no persons skin color or history matters in the long run, you yourself (as far as i know) is a product of two people that put beside there racial pasts and differences and had a child, not calling you a child, but you were a child once, so like i have said before, you brought in your ancesters into this which was not needed. and yes homosexuals and bisexuals are the minority, but so are many other people, and many "minorities" are playing this game and i bet you in this game, the white people that play are a minority too
    edited May 2009
    and seeing your apology in an above post now, I suppose thats mature. I acknowledge it.
    read the post under it kiddo, i was typing this long rant and didnt see it, Like said in a post before, degrees in civics/american government, and economics here :P. thats my specialty. i cant do much fancy junk with a computer but i can use one?
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    read the post under it kiddo, i was typing this long rant and didnt see it

This is stupid. why is political history being brought into this?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ... I have not insulted homosexuals in one way shape or form...

The mere fact that you refuse to allow the option of **** marriage is an insult. You stated that a game is not the place for this. Why not? Its just as good a place as anywhere else. And don't use children as an excuse. I'll raise my own, I don't want you deciding what my kids learn about.

I vote yes. I am a straigt person with 2 kids. I have been around homosexual people my whole life and the one thing I have noticed is that the homosexual people in my life have been a whole lot more tolerant then straight people.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    read the post under it kiddo, i was typing this long rant and didnt see it, Like said in a post before, degrees in civics/american government, and economics here :P. thats my specialty. i cant do much fancy junk with a computer but i can use one?

do not call me a kiddo, that is an insult in itself, and see my degree is not in that, it is in computers, and im still working on my BA, so do not call a 21 year old woman a kid, thank you very much
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    once again, please no fighting. thats not what this topic is for. i appreciate your concern Tear, but your place is not here. this is a thread for support. we could be at this for years and there would be no change. its a battle of opinions that no one can win because there will always be examples against the latter. i would very much like to see my lovers name above my head, but that is my own opinion. i dont think that is much to ask and it will even make money for PWI. as many have said it will also help those who's boyfriends play as venomancers. thank you for being mature and respecting our own beliefs, this goes out to everyone
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

to answer you, because tearvellan desided to bring it in(i dont care about the spelling, im pissed)
    edited May 2009
    The mere fact that you refuse to allow the option of **** marriage is an insult.
    How is it an insult? What if I dont want my child being taught it is ok? Am I denied that right because someone wants this to happen, and goes against what I teach my child? I voiced my opinion, and my opinion is not derogotory, therefore your logic is flawed.

A game is not a place for controversial topics and touchy subjects to be addressed, this is a place for play like a kids local sandbox. Entertainment, not some idea train or teaching tool.
    why not? the whole **** marriage thing is a political debate anyways. i stated that theyre a minority acting like theyre denied some kind of right, when theres other minorities who are being literally **** daily out of a right they deserve, because they have a contract with the government promising it, and the government wont deliver.

that contract was signed in 1887, 112 years later, still people havent got their chunk of the pie. go google the dawes act of 1887
    so do not call a 21 year old woman a kid, thank you very much
    it wasnt meant to be one, how do you discern a teen from an adult from behind a computer?
  • Genuine - Sanctuary
    Genuine - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    sign me up :)
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

why not? the whole **** marriage thing is a political debate anyways. i stated that theyre a minority acting like theyre denied some kind of right, when theres other minorities who are being literally **** daily out of a right they deserve, because they have a contract with the government promising it, and the government wont deliver.

but this is not the government, this is not about other minorities for the moment. this is a single petition for a single minority hoping to gain at least one thing out of a game. if you really think a single bar of text is such a big thing then so be it, but please dont pursue this ballistic attack. even if you are being attacked yourself it is the mature thing to do to back off and let them beat themselves up. this way you cant be blamed and they are at fault. i realize that you dont support this ideal, but please allow us to have our own ideal.
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    How is it an insult? What if I dont want my child being taught it is ok? Am I denied that right because someone wants this to happen, and goes against what I teach my child? I voiced my opinion, and my opinion is not derogotory, therefore your logic is flawed.

A game is not a place for controversial topics and touchy subjects to be addressed, this is a place for play like a kids local sandbox. Entertainment, not some idea train or teaching tool.

thats life and your still trying to press the point about other minorities, just because your stuck on your minority, and thats what your are, your stuck on the native american minority subject, when this petition is for same sex marriage, not native american rights, stop trying to make it about native americans, and other minoritys, this is why things never get done for minorities in government, because all the other ones try to press there points when some other minority gets any leway for there points
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can I ask Tear to open a similar petition with the number of ppl that dissagree.NO discussion inside,just ppl that say no.
    edited May 2009
    Will you get off the idea Im talking about native americans?
    i stated that theyre a minority acting like theyre denied some kind of right, when theres other minorities who are being literally **** daily out of a right they deserve, because they have a contract with the government promising it, and the government wont deliver.
    but this is not the government, this is not about other minorities for the moment. this is a single petition for a single minority hoping to gain at least one thing out of a game
    Game developer or government, youre still pressing for a right you dont deserve, its special treament
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i dont have a problem wit **** i can get along wit them its against my religion but if they want to be happy for a little while then be damed to hellb:angry for eternity fine wit me but i still vote no and i also think they should take the whole marriage thing out of the game that should settle the dispute just take the whole dang thing out of the game problem solved its just a game just a little line who cares
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

that contract was signed in 1887, 112 years later, still people havent got their chunk of the pie. go google the dawes act of 1887

it wasnt meant to be one, how do you discern a teen from an adult from behind a computer?

this forum is not a politcal debate forum, it is a petition for a game, and to put a point out there, another game i play added the same sex marriage patch months ago, so stop using a petition for same sex marriage for your politcal debate, you wouldnt do that if someone came up to your door with a petition, you would either sign it or no, you wouldnt give them a 14 page paper debating native american rights for them to include in there petition
    edited May 2009
    And until people get it through their heads, this is way too much a taboo topic to throw in a game.... I will argue untill these threads drive into the ground and burn
    edited May 2009
    this forum is not a politcal debate forum, it is a petition for a game, and to put a point out there, another game i play added the same sex marriage patch months ago, so stop using a petition for same sex marriage for your politcal debate, you wouldnt do that if someone came up to your door with a petition, you would either sign it or no, you wouldnt give them a 14 page paper debating native american rights for them to include in there petition
    god you still dont get the point.

this is too politically incoherent to be put in a game, therefore it should not be touched and the petition should rot. Theres no point to this stupid thread either because it wont change anything
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

Will you get off the idea Im talking about native americans?

Game developer or government, youre still pressing for a right you dont deserve, its special treament

you say we dont deserve it because you dont have it, your bringing other minorities or the points about them into something that they have no place in, so again you say we dont deserve it because you dont have it so shut the **** up and butt out!
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    god you still dont get the point.

this is too politically incoherent to be put in a game, therefore it should not be touched and the petition should rot. Theres no point to this stupid thread either because it wont change anything

go and download Dream of Mirror Online and ask in broadcast if there is same sex marrige, and watch the answer
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    And until people get it through their heads, this is way too much a taboo topic to throw in a game.... I will argue untill these threads drive into the ground and burn

i will argue with you till you burn, not because of minorities or any other bull**** like that, because you pissed me off
    edited May 2009
    Not even comparable. Women and blacks were justified in their quest to be equal. The **** people are making a choice. I can't give any real reasons why it's wrong except that it's not natural. And I think most people feel like me...they feel deep inside themselves that two dudes/women hookin up is wrong. Were not just animals that can't control ourselves. How about the pedophiles who say they are only attracted to children. If a 12 year old consents to a 30 year old dude doing something, why should it be illegal? See my point? b:shocked

Back to the game. ;o

^ truth.

How about you grow up, and program your brain to compute logic, they say a human brain works like a super computer with a processor 10000x as powerful as one. because you obviously are a programmer, and 21 years old and a woman right? And Im Bill Clinton, and married to Michael Jackson.
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    ^ truth.

How about you grow up, and program your brain to compute logic, they say a human brain works like a super computer with a processor 10000x as powerful as one. because you obviously are a programmer, and 21 years old and a woman right? And Im Bill Clinton, and married to Michael Jackson.

im half asleep and pissed the **** off, not really thinking straight and not i under the best conditions so yea judge someone else, thank you, goodbye
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2009

And what if I want my kids to learn that it is ok? Am I denied that right because you do not want this to happen? Am I forced to accept your opinion as the only correct one for what my kids learn?

You would deny Millions of other people their rights just to protect your kids? My logic is not flawed, yours is. Its an insult because you think you have more of a "right" then everyone else. Including me and what I want to teach my kids. If you do not want you kids to see **** marriage in a computer game then use the power button and turn it off instead of making millions of people bend to your will.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
This discussion has been closed.