Petition for Same Sex Marriage

Comments

• KattYos - Sanctuary
    KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i vote NO, absolutely not, NEVER.

not because i am against **** irl.. but because i am against all that this will create... boys making female chars just to marry other female chars and kiss and be pervy and further degrade and objectify women.

no.

never once did i say anything about the embrace option being available for women and women and men and men. even though it would be nice, this is also up to the men. are you saying that most men are such perverts that they would stoop to this level?
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Its selfish! One minority does not deserve special treatment!
    Exactly what they mean,they don't want special threatment,they should be threated like i am in the game.Nothing more nothing less.I'ts not a political issue for like 10 years,atleast here in europe,so nothing about beeing liberal minded at all.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    never once did i say anything about the embrace option being available for women and women and men and men. even though it would be nice, this is also up to the men. are you saying that most men are such perverts that they would stoop to this level?
    Yes >.> men do anything to get sexually stimulated.
  • ladygodiva
    ladygodiva Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i have no prob with it. im not ****, but i support it.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd like an option like embrace that allows same sex to fly on a mount at the same time.
  • isalliah
    isalliah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm not a **** but i do respect the fact that people have a right to marry who they choose, it's their life and decision not ours. So i also support this.
    edited May 2009
    Exactly what they mean,they don't want special threatment,they should be threated like i am in the game.Nothing more nothing less.I'ts not a political issue for like 10 years,atleast here in europe,so nothing about beeing liberal minded at all.
    It IS special treatment. Everyone is treated fairly and equally in PWI, homosexual people are a minority, acknowledging their minority request -is- treating them differently than everyone else.

They scream bloody murder like theyre being denied some long forsaken right that they deserve.

Do you realize, my ancestors had their land stolen and taken from them? Shot, killed, ****, pillaged... given diseases by the ancesteral American people, driven from their lands, and forced to live on uninhabitable or foreign terrain. The American government promised reparations... but has the right to deny a tribes existance if they see it fit. My ancestors arent allowed to get a small piece of land or some money owed to them yet, theres artifacts, graveyards, ruins and paintings, clear evidence of ancient life there...
    yet land developers are allowed to move it as they see fit for development. Tell me, who really has it unfair out there, a group of people who arent allowed to get married or something real like what American Indians deal with daily like described above.

You people fail to think with logic, and act like homoseuals deserve some kind of equal treatment that theyre denied... when theres real issues like real people who are of a limited quantity and dying daily, starving and poor as dirt being denied whats owed to them because its prime real estate. You tell me whats fair.
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LMFAO!

17 out of 1000s(maybe 10s of thousand?).

Nice "petition" ****.

You don't have a prayer. The normal people would never stand for it.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • hentaikat
    hentaikat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am all for it. i want to marry my girlfriend corrinae but i cant. and that aint right~!
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    How about this? Who cares? If two people want their same sex game characters to get married, good for them. Anyone who decides their sexuality from a computer game is an impressionable idiot anyway. If someone somehow decides that they're **** in a game or in real life, what's it matter to you? Leave them alone and get over it. Same to would-be outraged parents.

I support it, but too many people choose to be offended by **** like this to allow it. Oh well, it's just a game anyway.
  • RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver
    RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    BTW I may have misread your take on supporting or opposing it. I'm sorry if you are a supporter and I misread it T.T

yup sorry that was a misunderstand on my part lol
    edited May 2009
    Who cares? Theyre not allowed to do it in most states in the US and China where the game is based, so why should they be allowed to do it here?
  • tlau
    tlau Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I support......b:surrender
  • Cupidsfists - Sanctuary
    Cupidsfists - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It IS special treatment. Everyone is treated fairly and equally in PWI, homosexual people are a minority, acknowledging their minority request -is- treating them differently than everyone else.

They scream bloody murder like theyre being denied some long forsaken right that they deserve.

Do you realize, my ancestors had their land stolen and taken from them? Shot, killed, ****, pillaged... given diseases by the ancesteral American people, driven from their lands, and forced to live on uninhabitable or foreign terrain. The American government promised reparations... but has the right to deny a tribes existance if they see it fit. My ancestors arent allowed to get a small piece of land or some money owed to them yet, theres artifacts, graveyards, ruins and paintings, clear evidence of ancient life there...
    yet land developers are allowed to move it as they see fit for development. Tell me, who really has it unfair out there, a group of people who arent allowed to get married or something real like what American Indians deal with daily like described above.

You people fail to think with logic, and act like homoseuals deserve some kind of equal treatment that theyre denied... when theres real issues like real people who are of a limited quantity and dying daily, starving and poor as dirt being denied whats owed to them because its prime real estate. You tell me whats fair.

What really do u know of ur ancestors were u alive back whenever they were. No i doubt it. I vote for this beautiful petition not for fun but for love. Everyone is discriminated no matter what or who they are. It's the life of the ancestors who brought it upon us to live like this. If there were a way to change everything to the way everyone would like. Then it would a perfect world in ruins.
  • Saomuel - Dreamweaver
    Saomuel - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Straight here, but I support.

But, like other people said, I also believe it will be ignored.

In my former online game, distributed in Brazil but developed by an South Corean company, had an similar thread that still exists today. The biggest part of the community supports, the government supports (since sexual discrimination here is crime), and the distributor company supports. But since the developer doesn't approves, they can do nothing.

But, well, better the pain of defeat than the shame of doing nothing.
  • XOIsalliahOX - Sanctuary
    XOIsalliahOX - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I hope they make it so girls can embrace guys but not make the guys look weird lol. It would be nice for my boyfriend to ride on my mount with me as well.
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009

think about what you just said in basic terms. minority = equality? i think not. if a minority had equality it would no longer BE a minority. for you to say that a minority is equal without the same rights as the majority is a complete contradiction. also, every issue is different according to each person. you call starvation and being poor a 'real' issue. yes it is a 'real' issue, each issue is as 'real' as the next. seeing as the bulk of money has always been in the hands of a higher few through all of history this is part of the problem. there are many corporations and organizations fighting hunger every day, all over the world. as long as there is a problem, there will be those to rise against it!
  • Spawnn - Dreamweaver
    Spawnn - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Same Sex Marriage should be allowed. 'Nuff said.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    In all honesty **** Marriage would be a plus for the game to all the **** out there who play PWI. I myself am **** and would love to see PWI come into reality and see that everyone is NOT straight. I come from a country that see's H0mosexuals as people and who have equal rights as everyone else. Anyways if they don't implement **** marriage it would not bother me at all. I can still blow kisses in game to my boyfriend and that is something I am ok with. With the ability to get married would be a plus. So I support the addition of **** marriage to PWI. If they don't add it that's fine I understand I love this game no matter what and thats what it is "a game" My boyfriend knows I love him and proving it in a game for all the world to see is just me with a sign over my head saying "Look I married a guy I'm ****". That is all. Sorry for the rant.
    edited May 2009
    What really do u know of ur ancestors were u alive back whenever they were. No i doubt it. I vote for this beautiful petition not for fun but for love. Everyone is discriminated no matter what or who they are. It's the life of the ancestors who brought it upon us to live like this. If there were a way to change everything to the way everyone would like. Then it would a perfect world in ruins.
    Are you an American? If so do you remember anything they teach you about what the white man did to them?

if not let me inform you in a light way.

They **** their women, killed their men, stole their property, cheated them out of land. They took disease ridden and rotten squalid foods and traded it with them, and dusted infected blankets with the small pox disease among their camps. They commited genocides, drove 63 native tribes from across the US to live in the state of Ohio. Worked them as slaves, taking all the natural resources from the land, (look at black hills south dakota's strip mining, or the mission indians) some of these people no longer even have a culture to call their own anymore, their heritage has been eliminated.

I myself am 50% aztec indian, which happened to be annihialated by the spaniards, after these people brought them into their homes and treated them like gods. (Montezuma the emperor then believed Cortez to be a reincarnation of Quezecoatl, the god who led them to Tenochtitlan, the capital city they had called home.) he killed em all and took their gold :D.

so please go talk trash elsewhere
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    Trithera - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Who cares? Theyre not allowed to do it in most states in the US and China where the game is based, so why should they be allowed to do it here?

well tearvalerin, we get it you dont support it, well stop bashing the people who do, and your ancesters are given special rights to make up for the past, so you are treated different in the us so shut your mouth about the past and quit using the dead for your own biased and non-factional points
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    u ****** activist realize this is a game right? marriage in this game isn't a binding action, it gives u a little line of white text over your head.
    edited May 2009
    minority = equality? i think not. if a minority had equality it would no longer BE a minority.
    ^ wrong

noun. being or relating to the smaller in number of two parts; "when the vote was taken they were in the minority"; "he held a minority position"

it has nothing to do with equality or rights, it just means youre a small group.
    well tearvalerin, we get it you dont support it, well stop bashing the people who do, and your ancesters are given special rights to make up for the past, so you are treated different in the us so shut your mouth about the past and quit using the dead for your own biased and non-factional points

Theres nothing biased or opinionated about my points, they ARE indeed fact, go take a North American Indian anthropology class. None of my ancestors recieve special rights, nor do the people who theyre owed to today recieve them, we are essentially **** by the other side of my heritage, the white man.

I havent made fun of or called one person here any names. Im simply arguing and debating.
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    and your ancesters are given special rights to make up for the past,

There is nothing in this world that can even come close to making up for near genocide. When is the last time you met two Native Americans at the same time off of a reservation? Never, that's when.
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    remember Tear that those white man and spaniards brought to you the beliefs you're supporting now.enough said i think...
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Are you an American? If so do you remember anything they teach you about what the white man did to them?

if not let me inform you in a light way.

They **** their women, killed their men, stole their property, cheated them out of land. They took disease ridden and rotten squalid foods and traded it with them, and dusted infected blankets with the small pox disease among their camps. They commited genocides, drove 63 native tribes from across the US to live in the state of Ohio. Worked them as slaves, taking all the natural resources from the land, (look at black hills south dakota's strip mining, or the mission indians) some of these people no longer even have a culture to call their own anymore, their heritage has been eliminated.

I myself am 50% aztec indian, which happened to be annihialated by the spaniards, after these people brought them into their homes and treated them like gods. (Montezuma the emperor then believed Cortez to be a reincarnation of Quezecoatl, the god who led them to Tenochtitlan, the capital city they had called home.) he killed em all and took their gold :D.

so please go talk trash elsewhere

you dont talk trash, americans did nothing to your ancesters, the spanish did, so stop bringing up your ancesters, your ancesters have nothing to do with this, and btw lets take one of the tribes, cherokee(sorry if i misspelled it) the cherokee get money from the government, can get into certain colleges for free, and a few other things. so stop using your ancestral history as a crutch and stand up for yourself and stop acting like you suffered like your ancesters did, because *bells go off* you didnt you moron, so stop bashing bis, lesbain, and other homosexuals, because your doing exactly what your "ancesters" had done to them, only verbally and emotionally instead of physically
  • Crucifix - Harshlands
    Crucifix - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I strongly disagree with this, but hey, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I vote no in real life as well, why you ask?

I'm a strong believer in humanity, yes I said humanity.

A man, and a woman, make a child, and life goes on.

A woman, and a woman, do not have a child, and the same for man and man. (No, adoption does NOT count)

So do I believe in **** marriage? Negative, however by all rights keep it to yourself that you are ****, however, it is not needed to strut it around to make it known. People do not get married to strut it around like it's some type of symbolization, instead they get married to give each other vows(sp?) that they will forever live in love.

TL;DR - This is a game, they have marriage here because that's what the general population wants, they will not change the game for **** marriage so people can show-off to the world to make a statement that regards "Hey, I'm ****, deal with it!"

These are my feelings. I'm not flame-baiting, just giving the general knowledge of why they probably will NEVER change the rules.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    those white men own everything u think is yours and spanards are slaves in their own countries.

cool story, bro
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    There is nothing in this world that can even come close to making up for near genocide. When is the last time you met two Native Americans at the same time off of a reservation? Never, that's when.

i have many friends that are native-american
  • morgos
    morgos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Im a straight guy and my girlfriend plays PWI aswell and we both have female characters(male cleric in a dress just doesnt look right) and i love to be able to marry my girlfriend without having to start a new character(im lvl 70 so im so not starting a new character just to marry my GF). A perfect world has free choice enough said.
This discussion has been closed.