Petition for Same Sex Marriage

124»

Comments

• DirtyHippy - Sanctuary
    DirtyHippy - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    1. I understand that games are impressional on kids that play them.
    2. I know that in the bible they denounce homosexuals (or people misqoute the bible to their own words.)
    Who are we to enforce God's will? They tell us always " He made you the way he wanted to." Then why push the homosexuals away... I am Catholic and I will say that **** have a right to marriage. Please don't go on a tangent saying that marriage is between a man and woman. If a Man loves another Man, same goes for lesbians, then why is it okay for man and woman only?
    As i have said I am Catholic and have considered preisthood, but if two same-sex couples came to me and I can tell their love is intense (not sexualwise). Then I would bring to them the Sacrament of Marriage.

You have my support.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Your kids are not being denied anything, you teach them its ok OUTSIDE the game, this game is to remain politically NEUTRAL not add things that will bring in the religious zealots against it and the liberalists who support it.

Your logic IS flawed, because something of this nature doesnt belong in a game. If you want it taught, fine by me, do it on your own time. No one is being denied anything if a game decides to remain neutral to avoid lawsuits.

You fail to grasp the big picture outside the "oh lets let two guys or gals be happily married :D." Then what, when the numerous people against it decide to make their opinions heard, and call it an outrage what will you do?
  • Hametsu - Heavens Tear
    Hametsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Petitions may work in a democratic system, but the game is developed in China. For 2 men or women to be married, one is going to have to play the opposite gender. If you actually want your 2 same sex toons to be married in-game, it's just not going to happen.
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    What lawsuits...you're joking right?Texas vs rest of the "civilized" world.Apart the joke in which tribunals since it is PW international.
    edited May 2009
    1. I understand that games are impressional on kids that play them.
    2. I know that in the bible they denounce homosexuals (or people misqoute the bible to their own words.)
    Who are we to enforce God's will? They tell us always " He made you the way he wanted to." Then why push the homosexuals away... I am Catholic and I will say that **** have a right to marriage. Please don't go on a tangent saying that marriage is between a man and woman. If a Man loves another Man, same goes for lesbians, then why is it okay for man and woman only?
    As i have said I am Catholic and have considered preisthood, but if two same-sex couples came to me and I can tell their love is intense (not sexualwise). Then I would bring to them the Sacrament of Marriage.

You have my support.
    Also as a man of God, DirtyHippie, it is also your role to become a spiritual leader, a man who lives by the word of God, not throw it aside based on personal belief.

Leviticus 18:22 is translated: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Are you to say you would defy your God for the benefit of those two lovers? Its plain as day how the bible stands on it.
    edited May 2009
    What lawsuits...you're joking right?Texas vs rest of the "civilized" world.Apart the joke in which tribunals since it is PW international.
    Its illegal in 46 states to be married as a homosexual couple :) Only one of those 46 recognizes marriages done in other states for homosexuals, what now?

It says international, but its really intended for the US, the fact europeans and south americans can play is just a bonus.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Also as a man of God, DirtyHippie, it is also your role to become a spiritual leader, a man who lives by the word of God, not throw it aside based on personal belief.

Leviticus 18:22 is translated: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Are you to say you would defy your God for the benefit of those two lovers? Its plain as day how the bible stands on it.

lolleviticus

You DO realize that also in Leviticus, it says that you cannot plant the same seeds in garden or whatever, shave, wear clothes of mixed fibers, eat shellfish etc and that they are listed as all abominations.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    We're not getting married for real ingame so nation laws don't apply.One can "push" that they can't be ALLOWED in but has ot nothing to do with religion,laws,politics.
    I just finished PLAYING F.E.A.R and shot alot of ppl ingame...homicide is illegal where i am but no1 will send me in jail or "burn" my cd/pc.
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2009

God also says to love thy neighbor, yet (to most people) the bible is against ****.

See the contradiction?
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ugh, touchy subject. Really, this thread is going nowhere but flameville. This topic has been brokered many times before, and they always seem to devolve into the same flaming mess.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that the developers have same sex marriage very high on their to-do list (or on it to begin with). You never know though.

Thread locked for reasons stated above.
This discussion has been closed.