Petition for Same Sex Marriage

KattYos - Sanctuary
KattYos - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
For all the lesbians and **** who get b:angry at not being able to get married in PWI. I wanna get married to my girlfriend b:victory

Lets try our best to get up into PWI and get married!

Ill list all the names of supporters here. Men and women, ****, straight, or bi, please support us!

also, for the GM's and Devi's. Same sex marriage = more income for PWI, more marriages thats 30$ per person. and by the number of people who support this you can see the numbers pile up.

This is not a petition for women/women and men/men to embrace! We want marriage! I want to see my girl's name over my head! (although embrace would be nice too im not That picky :3)

Methos - If I was 13 I know for sure mine wouldn't so don't see where the problem is.In europe in many countries replaced "marriage btwn man and woman" sentence with btwn 2 ppl and they're all disscusing to put it in the human rights compendum.Should we ignore human rights because some parts of the world(see china)they ignore them?Hmmm i'm not for let's teach "democracy" but don't tell me they should agree with that.When they decided to sell me the game and i'm paying alot of many in boutique items they should atleast respect me.

Trithera - they have same sex marriges in other games, so why not this one?

Literature - I'd like an option like embrace that allows same sex to fly on a mount at the same time.

Petition Count: 32
1. KattYos
2. ShangTsun
3. LadySonja
4. Errine
5. britnie
6. KiraShan
7. Konariraiden
8. Methos
9. Chocooo
10. LiQuidSiLveR
11. AinaMizuako
12. shanarra
13. skyvern2131
14. Nevarya
15. azrielnath
16. RoxyIvy
17. Trithera
18. Faux_real
19. Kyrozoan
20. ladygodiva
21. isalliah
22. hentaikat
23. Feiric
24. tlau
25. Cupidsfists
26. Saomuel
27. Spawnn
28. Dianocus
29. morgos
30. Endegra
31. dieseasily
32. Genuine
Post edited by KattYos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ShangTsun - Sanctuary
    ShangTsun - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I have no problem with this, and I'm not ****. I don't see any issues with this at all.
  • Ladysonja - Sanctuary
    Ladysonja - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    b:kiss#1 supporter here! Lets get this sexist game changed!
  • Errine - Sanctuary
    Errine - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm straight but I'm all for this.
  • britnie
    britnie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I support this cause. I have to create guy characters just to marry my girlfriend. b:angry Everyone should have the right to marry. PWI should have **** marriages!
  • Kirashan - Dreamweaver
    Kirashan - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Initiative Supported

~ KiraShan

Regardless of any religous or political reasoning, is there not a moral right, a human need for companionship? And, given this need, should there not be an equal opportunity for all members of any given community to be allowed to share their feelings and their joy at finding this companionship?

If you can honestly answer no to this, I am wholeheartedly sorry, and I sincerely ask that you search your own soul for the true meaning of love, not a textbook definition, not a political guideline, not some rule that was set forth in a stodgier age, but an honest-to-goodness heart-felt definition of what love truly is, and, upon finding this true definition, to re-evaluate that which you know and to decide what it is that truly insults your soul.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I think it's a problem with the parents. Since this game is like 13 and over, parents who see their kids playing the game will ask questions. "Hey, why are those two people so intimate with each other?" "They're married mommy!!" "...They're the same sex..." So it's most likely not a problem with the player, but the parents of the kids. If the game was 18+, it would be easier to implement same sex marriage.

You cant put something morally objectionable in a childrens game or it can lead to lawsuits >.>.

If a man wants to love on another man, fine by me, but in a traditional sense where the ritual of marriage is based off religious ideals, I think its a topic that should be left alone and not touched.

initiative DENIED.

btw youll never win against the guys in china lol.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Support, but it'll never happen. Millions of threads made, no implementation. Not PWI's fault, but PWE's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    I think it's a problem with the parents. Since this game is like 13 and over, parents who see their kids playing the game will ask questions. "Hey, why are those two people so intimate with each other?" "They're married mommy!!" "...They're the same sex..." So it's most likely not a problem with the player, but the parents of the kids. If the game was 18+, it would be easier to implement same sex marriage.

You cant put something morally objectionable in a childrens game or it can lead to lawsuits >.>.

If a man wants to love on another man, fine by me, but in a traditional sense where the ritual of marriage is based off religious ideals, I think its a topic that should be left alone and not touched.

initiative DENIED.

btw youll never win against the guys in china lol.

by the way, thats like saying cursing ISN'T objectionable. in any mmo there will be objectional things, and cursing is really quite something that cant be gotten around. as for the lawsuit, this could turn into a debate about rights. in many areas of the world ****/**** rights are becoming stronger. even is disney world ****, unlike straights lovers can be on their health insurance. this is a rising petition standing for the equality of all people. We Will Not Be Ignored!
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    Methos - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Since i'm hetero my vote should count as two to the petition(jokin),but anyway I hope many people would sign in and make this a perfect world for real,not an ipocrit perfect world.
    P.S. I'm putting this link on my guild forum and try to egt as many ppl to submit it.
  • fluwerbas
    fluwerbas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm against it. I don't see why you guys want to do this things in game. you are allowed to do in real life, OK! i think that's enough. Stop with the ****, **** promotion it doesn't lead humanity anywhere but to extinction...
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Believe me, KattYos, Tearvalerin is right.
    Parents will take this issue with a million times more concern than regular cursing and swearing.

I still support you though.
    But, be prepared for backlash.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there's no **** in a perfect world.
  • KattYos - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    fluwerbas wrote: »
    I'm against it. I don't see why you guys want to do this things in game. you are allowed to do in real life, OK! i think that's enough. Stop with the ****, **** promotion it doesn't lead humanity anywhere but to extinction...

it has been shown in many many species on this planet that there are same sex relationships. its a natural way to slow population growth and the greater the population the greater the amount of ****/lesbians, look it up
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I, too, vote for equality. I say remove the whole marriage fiasco from the game entirely.
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    Just ignore flamers,not worth to ruin the thread for them.This way GMs will only have a reason to close it instead of removing the flaming posts.
  • LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary
    LiQuidSiLveR - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    good idea b:laugh
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'd love if this was implemented, but it won't be. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
    edited May 2009
    Just ignore flamers,not worth to ruin the thread for them.This way GMs will only have a reason to close it instead of removing the flaming posts.
    lol flamers...

but yes, Think, think one second, how many parents will come breathing down on PWEs neck if one minority's plea for special treatment got acknowledged, especially such a controversial one. It can bring a downfall to our perfect world for one groups selfish request. You have a right to be in love with who ever, but be reasonably sane here!
  • shanarra
    shanarra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I vote "YES" for same sex marriage and support you completely. Everyone has to right to be happy and follow their heart and soul. I don't think that they will change the way things are now, but at least our voices hopefully won't go unheard. Good luck. I wish you all happiness.

Shan_Rackham aka Stresa
  • skyvern2131
    skyvern2131 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i support and im a girl happily engaged to a guy, i see no reason why 2 ppl who are in love that are the same sex shouldnt get married.

hope this succeds
  • Nevarya - Sanctuary
    Nevarya - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It would be great. Not just for the actual **** and **** couples, but for the guys that play as venos and their girlfriends play as another class as a female.

I know it probably won't happen but put my name on the petition if you want. b:victory
  • azrielnath
    azrielnath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this ish Trithera, i supports the same sex marrige patition:P
  • Methos - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2009
    If I was 13 I know for sure mine wouldn't so don't see where the problem is.In europe in many countries replaced "marriage btwn man and woman" sentence with btwn 2 ppl and they're all disscusing to put it in the human rights compendum.Should we ignore human rights because some parts of the world(see china)they ignore them?Hmmm i'm not for let's teach "democracy" but don't tell me they should agree with that.When they decided to sell me the game and i'm paying alot of many in boutique items they should atleast respect me.
  • RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver
    RoxyIvy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I support but it's a little bit too much for asking in a game. Actually this whole marriage in game thing in general is just a waste of money to me. But yes, I don't see any reason why there is no **** marriage when straight marriage already exists. I do believe some day people will start putting both marriages in games.

Props for letting your voice out there. Hope you all are doing the same thing in real life where the real war is...
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    Trithera - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    there thats better, the right accont/avatar
  • Trithera - Sanctuary
    Trithera - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    they have same sex marriges in other games, so why not this one?
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i vote NO, absolutely not, NEVER.

not because i am against **** irl.. but because i am against all that this will create... boys making female chars just to marry other female chars and kiss and be pervy and further degrade and objectify women.

no.
    edited May 2009
    Do people even stop to think for one second what it would do, hypothetically, if it was implemented? Or are we just too stuck in a liberal mindset to even care? This would -destroy- our game with its controversy! Its selfish! One minority does not deserve special treatment! Love each other all you want outside this game, loves a beautiful thing, man x man, woman x man, woman x woman, whatever. But this is a game, not the real world... we need to keep controversy, taboo and other dramatic topics OFF pwi!
  • Faux_real - Sanctuary
    Faux_real - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It's time to join the ranks of the evolved and enlightened PWI. Same Sex Marriage is a Must!
  • Kyrozoan - Sanctuary
    Kyrozoan - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    GO SAME SEX MARRAGE!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kyrozoan:84:Barb
    MagicWaffle:73:Wizard
This discussion has been closed.