Wizard vs Barbarian

_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary
_BLANKA_ - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Wizard
personally I think that a wizard would get pwned by a Barb, because they wouldn't be able to kill the barb in before the combat gets to close quarters b:laugh
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Post edited by _BLANKA_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• lasttemplar
    lasttemplar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Try it and find out
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    depends on lvl. under 50-60 wizz will not eved do a blunt in a barb's axe b:laugh

as soon as the wizz gets the blink ... hmmm...things change. If u have a jumping caster u might be in deep trouble as barb. If u have a HP charm u will fight for hours :D

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Barbs are toys
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • RedSpeller - Sanctuary
    RedSpeller - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Don't feed the troll please. You give them to much attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    personally I think that a wizard would get pwned by a Barb, because they wouldn't be able to kill the barb in before the combat gets to close quarters b:laugh

hmm yeah it depends on the build >.> yesterday i fought for like 20 mins with a barb my lvl he couldnt kill me and i kept getting stunned so i couldnt kill him. LA mage ftw =D
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yeah :) like I've said before , this can go on for hours :D. Or at least until the charms/pots are depleted.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    yeah :) like I've said before , this can go on for hours :D. Or at least until the charms/pots are depleted.

once u get undine strike it gets alot easyer i cant wait to get it b:pleased
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If the barb is smart he will just run from the wiz. We can play with your charm forever. Is it worth the 150k of your charm for one kill. Probably not
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    If the barb is smart he will just run from the wiz. We can play with your charm forever. Is it worth the 150k of your charm for one kill. Probably not

most barbs think they can kill wizards but if the wiz is LA and fully buffed there is no way they can kill us >.>
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if the wiz is named andromeda b u bettr run cuz i haz potz on me and probbably a few friends who wil lkill u 0_o
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    So THAT's the answer to all our problems...
    Friends.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A barb is as good as his charm, without charms they're just moving targets for any caster, especially Wizards since they can keep distance quite easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    And who... might I ask, would have no charms in pvp?
    In a PvE server, that's even more ridiculous seeing how you can choose to participate in pvp... if you turn white even without a charm, you're... well.. not the brightest candle in the bunch.

In a PvP server, unless you're level <60... oh wait, if you're a barbarian, wtmfh are you doing running around without a charm anyways? O_o
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    A mage would get **** pre-90. After 90, mage has more chance with TT90 and demon/sage. Kristoph, if you say barbarians are toys, then I'd like to see you beat a decent one with high HP and stuns. And LA, seriously? You guys don't have enough DPS to kill one with a charm.
  • Xprestigex - Harshlands
    Xprestigex - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    barbs can pvp well even without charms, although aginst a smart mage with a charm they are easy to kill if they do not have a charm
    Our GMs, which art invisible,
    Hallowed be thy Alma,
    Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in godless valley,
    As it is in fb29.
    Give us this day our daily quest.
    And forgive us our banning,
    As we forgive those who ban us.
    And lead us not into random pk,
    But deliver us from Hell
    For yours is the Perfect World, the power and the glory,
    Untill the server crashes
    Amen.b:thanks
  • NiaBeast - Heavens Tear
    NiaBeast - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    All depends on whos fighting and if they know what tehy are doing...
    -NiaBeast-
    Here to f*** your s*** up! b:victory
    b:byeb:angry
    Just kidding b:surrender
    Hehehe have a nice day AND Love you PWIb:victoryb:pleased
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    @prestige
    Well yeah, you don't have to state the obvious.

@NiaBeast
    If you haven't noticed by now, not all classes are equal. That's a fact.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    89+ opens up a whole new world of pvp, and killing barbs... isn't so hard. Especially 90 with a refined weapon, granted, chances of the barb oneshotting you are really high too.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you mean a 1v1, at my level it's and endless fight. None will do enough damage. barb would normally have 17k+ hp by then. Maybe if you go an use apoth stuff but then that's an expensive fight. I'm cheap so it's endless.

In a duel the barb will lose 90% of the time to a wizard.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    And who... might I ask, would have no charms in pvp?
    In a PvE server, that's even more ridiculous seeing how you can choose to participate in pvp... if you turn white even without a charm, you're... well.. not the brightest candle in the bunch.

In a PvP server, unless you're level <60... oh wait, if you're a barbarian, wtmfh are you doing running around without a charm anyways? O_o

Err i just pointed out what makes barbs so hard to kill. Guess i have to explain in detail each time I post, oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    most barbs think they can kill wizards but if the wiz is LA and fully buffed there is no way they can kill us >.>

You should ask DarkRings to demonstrate Armageddon for you.

I think he does something like 40k physical damage (unless he crits)?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If you mean a 1v1, at my level it's and endless fight. None will do enough damage. barb would normally have 17k+ hp by then. Maybe if you go an use apoth stuff but then that's an expensive fight. I'm cheap so it's endless.

In a duel the barb will lose 90% of the time to a wizard.

cheaper posted, everybody shut up
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

dark only hits me for like 2.7k
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009

On lvl1 mobs? neah you're mistaken, the hightest a hit can get is about 16k in PvP, the hightest I've seen was a wiz that crit for about 14k with blade tempest on a bounch of people, their lvl unknown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jasong - Harshlands
    Jasong - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i think it all depends on the lvl and if its a close range fight if the wizzard keeps distnace its all him but im sure once the barb gets close enough its all over because of stuns and all pluse if he uses true form the flesh fream well then who knows but i guess it depends on the players and how well they can do
    Dont mess with a Barb cause you may get the tiggerb:angry

UNTAMENED ROCK **** HUMANS!
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    i think it all depends on the lvl and if its a close range fight if the wizzard keeps distnace its all him but im sure once the barb gets close enough its all over because of stuns and all pluse if he uses true form the flesh fream well then who knows but i guess it depends on the players and how well they can do

thats not the case for LA mages because i can take hits from lvl 90+ barbs and bms and get stunned but still live o.O, and as for babr/bm my lvl there is no way they can kill me stuns or not
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    On lvl1 mobs? neah you're mistaken, the hightest a hit can get is about 16k in PvP, the hightest I've seen was a wiz that crit for about 14k with blade tempest on a bounch of people, their lvl unknown.

Haiz's famous screenshot? :p
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    thats not the case for LA mages because i can take hits from lvl 90+ barbs and bms and get stunned but still live o.O, and as for babr/bm my lvl there is no way they can kill me stuns or not

Yeah you LA think you're so bad an tough, but these are just a bunch of lies. Any decent 90+ BM or barb and 3-4 shot you easy. Not that you would admit, Jertor.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    missqq wrote: »
    Yeah you LA think you're so bad an tough, but these are just a bunch of lies. Any decent 90+ BM or barb and 3-4 shot you easy. Not that you would admit, Jertor.
    Uh no, not if you're buffed. I've had 9x barbs hitting me for 400-600, with like 2k perditions. That was before genies, though, and berserk/crits should be considered. But "3-4 shot you easy"? Not really.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i went LA
    i love it more than pure
    all my Barb, BM and archer friends hate me now cause its harder to kill me and i win like 90% of the time
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze