Okay! I Give! I wrote Fan Fiction!

Kyna - Lost City
Kyna - Lost City Posts: 1,597 Arc User
edited December 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
Chapter 16 is Posted! [Updated: December 25, 2010]
-_-; it's true. Out of boredom and a need to sharpen my writing skills... I returned to fanfiction.net with a perfect world fanfiction. I guess it's better than my Inuyasha phase.

CHAPTERS UP!
*Chapter 1 - Accidental Hero
*Chapter 2 - Gone
*Chapter 3 - Fight or Flight
*Chapter 4 - The Innocent Die
*Chapter 5 - No Reason to Worry
*Chapter 6 - Arrowhead Manor
*Chapter 7 - Trials
*Chapter 8 - Visions
*Chapter 9 - The Search
*Chapter 10 - Found
*Chapter 11 - Intervention
*Chapter 12 - Be Brave
*Chapter 13 - Fight Night
*Chapter 14 - Odd Tiger
*Chapter 15 - Mercenaries
*Chapter 16 - Potential

I'm really surprised by the response I've gotten. ^^ thank you all who review!

Other Works
[Updated: October 21, 2009]
Some of my original works that I've finally gotten around to posting, I hope you like! I have two and the fantasy story especially, you may recognize some of the characters if you read my fanfiction. I probably won't hype as much over this being updated. Reviews and comments on my original works are just as appreciated. ^^

Fiction Press Profile Page

"Double Edged"
*Prologue

I did go through the trouble of editing this one and actually I even renamed it to sound less... "Hi, I'm a fantasy story and it's obvious." The name fits but you'd have to read into it a lot to get the reasons why.

"RILED"

Sorry to have been so ... late with this guys lol. I've been so busy getting used to a new job, new place to stay, new everything. Not to mention trying to get a comic going. Something I've been trying and failing at for years now. I do finally have a cover for it and some character designs, which you can see here.

Cover
Riley
Zeph
Leah
Alex
Rika

All credits are given in the description of the cover as it's a collaboration effort. Hopefully we really have it this time! If you would like any more information on it, please feel free to ask. ^^ You can also blame this for my slow leveling and slow updates on just about anything x_x It's a lot of work.

NEWS! ^^
[Updated October 12, 2010]

Not much in this department at the moment other than, as I've already said, I moved, got a new job, new everything x_x so I'm having some issues adjusting to it all. It's a bit much to take in all at once but I think I've got it lol. I'll try to update my fanfiction more often.

First person that screams necro I'm going to hit you. This is the only thread I've ever updated my fanfiction in, it only makes sense to continue using it instead of making a new one.

REVIEWS AND COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY THE WAY! THEY LET ME KNOW PEOPLE STILL READ IT!

Character Pictures. ^^
[Updated: a while ago...]
well to start with, here's Catriona- [clickies here!] but done with the character creation, I haven't really had time to draw and color a picture yet. O_O and I see someone said something about fan art o.o go right ahead, I'm flattered. ^^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Silvychar for the sig :D
rikaflare.deviantart.com
Fanfiction found on the forums or at rikasstorycorner.deviantart.com
LOST CITY! -> home to the original badasses of PWI b:cool
... and a few losers....
Post edited by Kyna - Lost City on

Comments

• BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    [Thanks to IE (my Firefox has trouble with the forum recently) I have to retype this whole post from scratch, really big thanks to IE, you're such a phenomenal software -.- ]

Hello Kyna, it's nice to read PW fanfiction once in a while. I appreciate what you wrote, I like the style, it's well worded, and the images and emotions of the story vividly translated to me as the reader, so I enjoyed it a lot. And it's almost free of typos (which is soooo nice to read nowadays, given the incredible laziness of 97.5% of all people on the internet) =P

Just one thing:
    Isn't the pattern "strange whisper (Catriona) -> stopping in one's tracks but thinking it was mere fantasy -> the same strange whisper is repeated -> realizing the reality of it" a bit overused as of lately? I've read many stories with this very element.

Oh the poor, poor mother of the freshly orphaned child... I feel deeply sorry for all of them. A pretty traumatizing experience for the small boy, losing his mother in such a way. But then, killing the rampant creature with protectiveness and altruism is pretty unique :) I liked that a lot. You're sure you don't mean this as an allegory to something deep in ourselves, to human life? ;)

Can't wait for more PW stories from you.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ^^ Thanks a ton, I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah, b:surrender and I thought it was overused too but I needed some way to start -_-;; Luckily I wasn't out of inspiration for the rest of the chapter and I hope I don't run out for the rest of the story in general either. ^^

Thanks so much for reading and giving a review that's a little more than "I liked it! update now!" or "I hate it..." reasoning is always great. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh my word.... That Was Great!!! ^^

It's definitely one of (if not the best) PW fanfics I've read. Please keep going with it b:thanks
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • coldice2000
    coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    That... was.... totally awesome! Write some more now!
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Oh wow, thanks guys. ^^ a lot. I suppose I'll alert through this thread when I have a new chapter up since some of you don't really hang out on Fanfiction. net a lot...

^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Niraneth - Heavens Tear
    Niraneth - Heavens Tear Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hmmmm......could it be catriona had a taste of the power that is TEMPEST!!! lol good job :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Okay! Chapter 2 is up! Shorter than the first but I hope it's still good xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I read both chapters.
    Nicely done!

I'll be honest in mentioning the obvious grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. However, these are insignificant in comparison with the excellent quality of your work.

9/10 Keep up the good work! :D

Oh and BTW I love teh bunny comics!!! XDXDXD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ^^ Thanks for taking the time to read both chapters and at least say something xD It's nice to know what people think.

And I need to get back to work on that bunny comic b:chuckle I wasn't expecting it to get so popular to begin with. I have a few more little short comics after the bunny one to post too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This one is even better than your first chapter. Kudos. I couldn't spot any spelling etc. errors Fedxp was talking about (and I'm working for a German publishing house, proofreading books, for example) except for two mistakes a regular text processing software would automatically cause, so no mistake on your side. I love (!) reading texts with no errors. It's such an exception in our more than lazy times. It automatically puts you in high esteem, in my world.

The story is gripping. It sounds like Catriona is a "chosen one," different from her kinsmen, and needs to be removed from her family for a special education of some sorts. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Catriona and all the other characters are believable and realistic. Too much emotion on her grandmother's part would have spoiled the atmosphere. It was just about right. And the water part was perfect ;) Yes, she really didn't need water! So nicely written.

I wish you fun when writing the next chapter, for our hungry minds.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Well thank you ^^ Hopefully I can continue updating about once a week, if not, you'll know I hit a writer's block xD It happens to all of us. It's gonna be interesting to drag the characters based off my guild members in here. I can't say I've ever actually based a character off other people before.

And thanks to all that have read and especially those who have left a review. I was looking at my stats earlier this morning and realized that my story has been found by people in twenty one different countries! o.o I'm amazed. Thank you all seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Alright! Done with my busy work schedule for a little bit so I have plenty of free time to write and draw! I'll be sure to post updates so keep an eye out for them or favorite/story alert me on fanfiction.net

They're so convenient with the e-mail notifications. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • liamm6
    liamm6 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'll be honest in mentioning the obvious grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors. However, these are insignificant in comparison with the excellent quality of your work.

What spelling errors? I only noticed 3, and they were small ones, I thought chapter 1 was brilliant, best fanfics I've ever read tbh but I couldn't read chapter 2, whenever I opened the page it took me to an ad for Jane's Addiction gig... b:cry

Anyway, keep it up, I read it and I didn't wanna hit someone, that's rare b:chuckle
  • liamm6
    liamm6 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the top part's a quote btw, it didn't show up properly.
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Up with Chapter 3! I hope you guys continue to enjoy it! ^^

Ah, and in reply to liamm6... xD thanks for not finding me worthy of a good slug in the face xD I've read fan fictions like that too o.o I try not to make mine one of those.

As my grandfather used to say, you can even learn something from the dumbest guy on the job... What NOT to do... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Hmm. :/ did I bomb chapter three or something? No one's said anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Already starting work on ch. 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^^ oh, say hello to my cleric, Catriona. This is still Kyna by the way. If you see me in game say hi! ^^ And yes, I post too much, I know.
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Wow, like 1 comment on chapter 3 :P

Eh, Chapter 4 is taking much longer than anticipated. Still working on it though guys, I didn't quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Chap 1 is the best i reckon.
    In chap 3, she used the skills plume shield and plume shot?
    In chapter 1 against the monster thingy she used wield thunder? or tempest.
    =P
    Be careful not to make this story a clich
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    ^^ I hope I can break the pattern of chapter one being the best :P and I'll do my best to make the story as un-cliche as possible ^^ thanks so much for reading and commenting on it I appreciate it very much.

:P chapter one is tempest, chapter 3 I suppose I can give it away since no one else seems to be reviewing it. Chapter 3, the 2 cleric skills used are Plume shell and Siren's Kiss ^^ I didn't think it was a very popular skill but it does exist and one of the things that it does is has a chance to freeze the target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Beautifully well written.

I myself write on Fanfiction and Quizilla. Haven't written any chapters in a month. Too much PWI. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Thanks ^^ I'm glad you think it's written well ^^ that's what I aim for. This was practice for that after all so if it's well written I must be doing something right.

It would be cool to see some of your fanfiction as well ^^ fanfiction.net has plenty of room xD as of right now I think there are still only 5 stories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Hollix - Heavens Tear
    Hollix - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Everyones talking about this story but I don't see anything that looks like the story lol. Where exactly can I read it?
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    www.fanfiction.net. If you search for it I'm sure you'll find it but I did post the links in the first post that I made to all the chapters. Fanfiction.net has a little bit of an issue with some adds that pop up over the screen, just wait for it and a little button will pop up for you to skip the add >.< they're very much annoying.

o.o but wow, people are talking about it? xD cool ^^ I never thought it would get popular enough for that. Guess I should update more often huh?

if the links in my first post are broken you can go to www.fanfiction.net/~mayukitsune which is my profile page. My PWI story is called Aftershock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I never saw CHapter 4 coming.... espicially the start...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    xD is that good or bad? o.o

^^ Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it... and saying something xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....
  • Catriona - Lost City
    Catriona - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that are reading and especially to those of you who have been giving me feedback, I appreciate it a lot ^^

Chapter five is now in the works as well as some character arts :P
    Float like a butterfly; hit like a truck! b:chuckle
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh my word.... That Was Great!!! ^^

It's definitely one of (if not the best) PW fanfics I've read. Please keep going with it b:thanks

OI! What about mine? b:cry

[EDIT] I read it and I gotta say it's good stuff. There's a few typos in there though, and a couple of the sentences are confusingly written, I could give you some detailed critiques if you'd like. But, all in all it's a good flow of action and I'm looking forward to where the story goes!
    <3 Good fanfic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Kyna - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    ^^ Thanks to all of you that have read and reviewed so far! I love you all! xD

And I'm posting again to announce the coming of chapter 5! Woot! Finally it seemed that an inspiration hammer hit me hard enough for me to write it all xD I hope I continue NOT to disappoint. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    rikaflare.deviantart.com
    ... and a few losers....