edited November 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Are Clerics any good at pvp at all???
Post edited by Bubbagummer - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Full Attack Clerics are better at it then supports.

FAC Guide

However, that is not to say a support cleric can't get the job done. You just have to know your class.....Just don't really plan on beating a bm or wb b:chuckle....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bubbagummer - Lost City
    Bubbagummer - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wb I can understand.. but bm?? Is it cause they stun u so much??
    edited April 2009
    Options
    last night.. PS>> WT>>GC>>Tempest>> Dead BM 2 lvls higher. fail bm or did i get lucky ?
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Any decent BM will have you stunned at least half the fight. If it weren't for that, they'd be easily killable.

You don't have to be FAC to be good at PvP.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    FAC dont exist!!!
  • Shaye - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    clerics r alrite but if the other ppl r smart its easy to kill u
  • Shaye - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    if the other ppl r smart its easy to kill u

It's definitely not easy to tank a vit or LA cleric in full survival mode. (Plume shell, spamming ironheart, pots) It's not uncommon to tank 4 or more people indefinitely like that. My biggest problem in PvP wasn't staying alive, it was killing people. I had a lot of stalemates 1v1 since they couldn't kill me, but I also couldn't kill them.
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Given the right equipment and choice of skills to a cleric, who can actually maneuver and manipulate his/her style of PvP and a level advantage... you should be able to win.

If you lack one of the above, you won't be able to kill your target in PvP.

If you have the level advantage, you should be able to kill your target.

However, if you end up fighting a BM who knows what he's doing, you are dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    With Plume shell and Heiros I would say it's impossible to kill a cleric. and BMs are 2-3 hits for clerics not hard.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    With Plume shell and Heiros I would say it's impossible to kill a cleric. and BMs are 2-3 hits for clerics not hard.
    There's a BM on Lost City with 11k Metal defense. Even worse, he's got 7k HP. Tempest hits him around 1.2k.

GL 2-3 hitting him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Robed BM? just kidding...
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i agree. clerics are extremely squishy. there is no way the phy def of a robe cleric can match up to a bm's or wb's. i would say.. clerics can solo pvp if they have the element of surprise. If they don't have that then they'd have better be teaming up with someone. FAC or FSC is the same. Only difference is which skills they lvl up first.

plume shells are great yeah.. only if u have an mp charm.. still.. Plume shell does not last forever and takes a while to cool down.
    haven't maxed other skills enough to comment more.

Thanks guys for all the input. It's been really helpful and been a constructive discussion. =)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Metal mage?
    Clerics shine in parties, in PvP and PvE.
    They're alright solo I guess
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If the BM is good then you'll be stunned the whole time, if the Cleric is good then the BM will never even get close to you. As for barbs, I don't think there's any sort of direct battle with the Barb itself but his charm. Go figure..
    i agree. clerics are extremely squishy. there is no way the phy def of a robe cleric can match up to a bm's or wb's.

Consider the LA build for PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think most of the time it would be better for the Cleric to support the team in PvP instead of being a damage dealer.

1 vs 1 is pretty sucidal for a class that's sub-par with wizards on damage. Even the game itself states that wizards do the greatest damage on their main site. A class that is not suited for 1 vs 1 play should not 1 vs 1 unless you have a huge advantage.
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I think most of the time it would be better for the Cleric to support the team in PvP instead of being a damage dealer.

1 vs 1 is pretty sucidal for a class that's sub-par with wizards on damage. Even the game itself states that wizards do the greatest damage on their main site. A class that is not suited for 1 vs 1 play should not 1 vs 1 unless you have a huge advantage.

ok - put gears aside refining aside everything aside

A pure INT wizard at level 74 has around 1.7khp
    A pure INT cleric at level 74 has around 1.7khp

I was dueling a level 74 wizard and I hit a 4.7k crit with plume shot - sparked
    then with no spark I hit 1.9k with razor feathers.
    with normal spark I hit 1.9k with plume shot. all that would 1 hit a wizard.

Pure INT wizard hit 650 with sandstorm unsparked.
    hit 1000 with sandstorm with normal spark
    never tested with advanced spark. but what we did test was when the wizard did Adv spark, SS then Nix I was not dead, had around 200hp left over.

so this instantly puts the cleric to an advantage - the physical.

Now wizards have a skill called undine strike which lowers a cleric magic defence by 60% we can use magic shell and bam no diffrence however without the +60% magic defence a wizard should easily be able to kill us.

A clerics Guardian light - reduces all damage taken by 60% for 10 seconds (like a mini invoke spirit) makes it impossible for a wizard to out damage our heals.

so when you have a wizard vs cleric duel the cleric will out damage the wizard.

I am only clearing up that clerics can damage in PvP and although we are the only support class, we are a damn fine attacking clas 2
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well I meant overall, not Cleric vs Wizard

Overall, a Wizard will be able to dish out more damage in PvP because he has more AOE skills and able to heavily damage players.

Also, your comparision was at low level, when a wizard hasn't gotten his full potential yet

Also, you haven't factored in equivalent gear or even Advanced Spark damage.

Overall, a wizard should be able to dps higher than a Cleric against other classes, the only advantage Clerics have over wizards is a physical attacks that ignore Magic Defense armor like Robes. However, a wizard can just go LA and reduce Physical damage by a lot.

But overall, this game intends Clerics to be a support support, and secondary dps. I don't think you would want to primary dps with a cleric when your the only class with support! And oh yea, full Int Clerics die faster than Full Int Blademasters. They are like paper, Asking to be 1-shotted by any class.
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

• Pharaoh - Lost City
    Pharaoh - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    there are no good/bad clerics, only skilled/unskilled players.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics should focus on keeping the rest of their party alive and buffed and not worry so much about doing damage. When i get a cleric attacking me, usually that tells me they think they do a lot of damage, so they probably don't have a lot of hp and they're in robes. Also, pet bleeds ignore plume shell, so don't rely on that to save you from a veno. (not that I can't debuff away plume shell anyways.)

Leave the damage dealing to mages/archers/venos and just focus on keeping your party alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pemarkre - Harshlands
    Pemarkre - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Funny this topic should come up. My husband and I were playing last night on Harshlands and had camped our characters under the West Gate of Archosaur to watch House.

During the course of that hour a sniper Cleric took out at least 6 people who came in/out that gate. It was mostly blue people milling around, otherwise I'm sure it would have been higher. She was hovering too far off to get a look at her equipment, and she killed everyone in 1-3 shots so I didn't have a chance to get a look at theirs either, so I have no clue what anyone's levels or builds were. She had plenty of stat buffs though, and I don't think anyone knew what hit them.

After our show was over we moved out, but right behind us two more players dropped to her arrows. Yeowch. Needless to say, she was one of the deepest reds I've seen around. And as far as I can tell, nobody came back to challenge her while she was camped there. I don't know if that says anything but it made me glad that my characters are still within the blue range for a little longer ;)
    Take the moment in your hands, and dust off the parts that you wish weren't there. Hold onto and pursue the parts you enjoy, letting the drifting dust fade away on the wind, remembered and learned from, but no trouble to you now. ~ Myself, 4/4/09.

Call me Kemi, the lighthearted, optimistic cynic. ^x^

Harshlands |*| Lareish (Enraged Wz - Main) |*| Lalarei (Clc) |*| Pemarkre (Vm)
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hardest part for me to pk -.- is to kill a WB with **** HP and with hiero b:surrender
  • Ghettodog - Lost City
    Ghettodog - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics are no problem for bms and barbs if you want to pk try targeting wizards.

Personally I pk a lot and have no problem taking down a cleric 10 levels higher than me, but then again I'm a barb b:chuckle
  • Mystea - Lost City
    Mystea - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics are no problem for bms and barbs if you want to pk try targeting wizards.

Personally I pk a lot and have no problem taking down a cleric 10 levels higher than me, but then again I'm a barb b:chuckle

Didn't my lvl 40 cleric of a daughter pk you a few weeks ago??b:chuckle Just wondering??
  • Theavespade - Heavens Tear
    Theavespade - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics are a problem for bms and barbs if you want to pk try targeting wizards.

Personally I pk a lot and have a lot problems taking down a cleric 10 levels lower than me, but then again I'm a barb b:chuckle

fixed a few mistakes 4 ya mate
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol Cleric is actually one of the best pvp classes because of phys and magic attacks! The only reason most clerics suck at it is because for like 70+ levels all they've been doing is heal and support so they're not really adjusted to it in terms of skills/gear/tactics.

Same thing happened to me- i'd only pvp when I absolutely had to and I really sucked. Now that i've got more of a pvp build/equip and experience at it i've gotten much better. I can hold my own against most classes tho its kinda pointless fighting a high lvl WB if they have a heiro, but if even those are winable if you can afford to see off their heiro.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Clerics should focus on keeping the rest of their party alive and buffed and not worry so much about doing damage. When i get a cleric attacking me, usually that tells me they think they do a lot of damage, so they probably don't have a lot of hp and they're in robes. Also, pet bleeds ignore plume shell, so don't rely on that to save you from a veno. (not that I can't debuff away plume shell anyways.)

Leave the damage dealing to mages/archers/venos and just focus on keeping your party alive.

I like the color red.

• Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Strange clerics you've got. As a 6X full mag (!) cleric, most of my 1vs1 battles with barbs of same level ended in a stallmate, me QQing "**** hp" and he QQing "redarded heal"; win was decisioned by very lucky crit.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Ayreon - Harshlands
    Ayreon - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ALL classes have their merits and demerits in PVP. These aren't shared across all builds of that class however. To give the fairest comparison of the PVP capability of each class, PVP builds should be used and the use charms assumed.

In this case the cleric should have:
    Near up-to-date seals.
    A Vit or LA build.
    HP and MP charm.

In which case, a cleric is able to:
    Heal more hp/s than dp/s is being done without sparks, debuffs or crits/zerks.
    Plume shell without interruption, thus reducing damage done by sparks to 20%.
    Can purify any negative effects, allowing IH to continue to keep hp maxed.

A cleric's major weakness is being stunned however, due to their inability to cast Iron Heart, Plume Shell or Purify.
    Another weakness, created by a cleric's stalling tactics with Iron heart and plume is their susceptibility to eventual crits and/or zerks.

A cleric's offensive strength? Phys and magic damage, quick cast times, strong nuke.
  • insanewayne
    insanewayne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ya know, I wuz gonna revive that archer that wuz 8lvls higher then me after he failed to random PK me, at least he fought 1v1, I can respect that. Good fun