Battle Pet Pack : the rip-off/scam

Options

Comments

• nec
    nec Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Money isn't an issue for me and I still wouldn't pay for any item in this game. Just the thought of how greedy this company is guarantees me not to give them a single cent. $200 for some stupid pixels? I rather give the money away to a homeless person and help feed him for days.
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Personally I don’t see what this whole post is really about. As a matter of fact allot of the posts on these forums!
    Is it about the cost of items in the shop?
    Is it about the lack of items in the shop?
    Is it about how stupid people are for buying from the shop?
    Is it about trying to change the prices in the shop?
    Is it about he battle pets and the cost of them?

Who really cares!

Business is just that! Business!
    Your in it to make money. Not just what you spend on the business but a profit.
    That’s what they are doing. They are providing a service and “you” choose weather or not to buy it!
    You choose to pay for it or not!
    You choose to buy battle pets or not!
    You choose to use your money wisely or not!
    You choose to buy beer!
    You choose to spend $200 on dinner!
    You choose to complain about PW ripping you off!

Its your choice! Not mine!
    So for me to come in hear and say your are stupid for buying something that “I” think is a waist of money is ridiculous!

Its none of my business or yours!!!!

If I want to spend thousands on a wow character “It’s none of my or your business!

On top of that why are you even wasting your time worrying about what “Others” are spending there money and or time on in the first place?

Who really cares!

Most people on these forums and forums in general are just a bunch of gossip hens! Just running around trying to find something to ***** about.

That’s my complaint. Who cares if I just ranted probably everyone because you can’t help it. Do I care if you all rag on me now! Nope! Go for it.
    At least it’ll be a real topic about something that’s real and not about you tying to impart your ideas of what others should or should not spend they’re time and money on!...

Oh, and Im gona go buy both battle pets and a load of other useless **** from the shop because I make a **** load of money each year and have nothing better to do with it other than buying pixes and just throwing it away and thats non of your buisness either...lmao
    Everyone have a good weekend and let the ragging begin!
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Oh, and Im gona go buy both battle pets and a load of other useless **** from the shop because I make a **** load of money each year and have nothing better to do with it other than buying pixes and just throwing it away and thats non of your buisness either...lmao

Hear Hear, QFT, etc.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Shaneekwa, as it happens *smiles* I agree with you.

In the end it truly is the customer who decides whether a product is worth the cost or not and the only vote that counts is not here on the forum. If you do not think the price is fair .... don't pay it, it is just that simple.

But, it is a different story when you try to tell other people what they should think, how they should live thier life, how they should spend thier money.

I agree with Shaneekwa that people would be better of living thier own lives than trying to live other's lives for them. I truly get tired of the rant about how unfair this or that decision is or how overpriced this item is. If you have something 'constructive' to add by all means do so, BUT if you only want to vent spleen ...... ........ just don't bring it here
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I really hate the idea of people not wanting to pay for "Pixels" in end you must all realise that anything on a computer boils down to a bunch of 0s and 1s, that's what you're paying for. Anti-virus, Operating System, Video games, ANYTHING you get on a computer is a bunch of 0s and 1s. Things are valued according to the demand of the item in this case because supply is practically unlimited. Now everything has a value according to individual wants and needs, you don't OWN everything you pay for, spending money on something you aren't going to won is perfectly reasonable.

For example you can go to a concert for a few hundred dollars, do you suddenly own the band? Do you own the stadium or hall at which the concert was played at? All you got out of it was an experience, it was a service not a good. When you go hire a tour guide and give him money, do you own him? Do you own every landmark he takes you to see? Of course not, once again it's a service. In this case you technically 'own' the digital goods in game, because as long as the game is running the GM can't take those things away from you without valid reasons, of course the game shutting down would be a different story but it's the same as a bank shutting down. You lose all the money you've saved with a bank if it shuts down, does that mean you never owned the money in the first place?
  • Ianikha - Heavens Tear
    Ianikha - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I really don't feel sorry for you foxes at all. That pet ****, it should be expensive. Stop crying.

I may be veno but I agree. With the power the things have they shouldn't be cheap. We'd just become a class with even more problems....

EDIT: Also agree with Shaneekwa, if you want to spend your money on it feel free. If you don't think it's worth it then don't. Simple.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I may be veno but I agree. With the power the things have they shouldn't be cheap. We'd just become a class with even more problems....

no it just shouldn't exist at all, if any class had a weapon that deal massive crazy blows every hit disregarding armor or something and it required cash shop stuff but cost a lot would that be ok? no, it should be the gm/developer goal to keep balance not to exploit imbalance at every step possible to stuff their wallets.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    That was a really good point brought up by Kingpiccolo, it really is silly that people feel its "Stupid" to pay for "pixels" or "0s and 1s"...
    He makes a good point. All the software you pay for is 0s and 1s, Microsoft Operating System is 200 - 300 dollars, and that too is really just a bunch of 0s and 1s, code that you do not own (closed source), yet its important because most people prefer Windows over other possible OS...

I think if we decide to pay for anything in game, cash items, whatever it is, we're paying for the experience and the entertainment, not just to be able to take in possession of some "0s and 1s" as some of you stated.

Besides, how many of us goes and spends money on entertainment anyways? I'm sure a lot of us do... going to the theatre, going to a theme park, they're all not something you could take and keep a hold of forever, but they're worth the money at the moment because of the joy it brings you.

At least this time around, perfect world is delivering you a solid game to play even if you decide not to spend a single bit of cash. Its only obvious that the game should provide some advantages for those who DO spend cash though, so no complaining in that department. This game wouldn't be "free" for the rest of us if those who spent money decided not to buy anymore cash items.

Instead of saying "Wtf?! You're stupid to waste your cash on stupid pixels and binary numbers..." why not turn around and say... "Thank you for supporting this game so that we may all continue to enjoy it!" ?
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Starts off with Pounce lvl 2, Blessing of the Pack lvl 5, and Claw lvl 5.

Those 3 skills and the cost to upgrade them to those levels comes out to near 15 mil on its own. (if you're ever lucky enough to see those scrolls for sale).

Half the price of the phoenix is in the skills already, just put flesh ream on it and level it up and you have a beast.

I wasn't planning on getting this yet, but those skills just decided it for me, I need a phoenix. Can't wait to be able to stun people while they try to fly faster away from me. Good luck beating the phoenix 10.0 fly speed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    nec wrote: »
    Money isn't an issue for me and I still wouldn't pay for any item in this game. Just the thought of how greedy this company is guarantees me not to give them a single cent. $200 for some stupid pixels? I rather give the money away to a homeless person and help feed him for days.

You wouldn't be feeding him, you would be providing him with drugs and alcohol to further destroy his life, and before ANYONE says that is a stereo type, I was homeless for 2 years, one year because of drugs and alcohol, and one while I climbed step by step out of that rut that I had dug myself into... Every homeless person I knew at that time, and I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM, were drunks and drug addicts.

It took me one very hard, painful year after I got clean to climb out of that hole. Most of the people I knew then are either dead, or still homeless and drunks/addicts who have no desire to better themselves and just want to get drunk/high.

If you want to do good with that money, donate to an organization thats known to be there at times of Disasters, like the American Red Cross, or what ever like minded agency exists in your country of origin.

As for me... I have the Phoenix, Love it, and yes I spent some r/l money on it.. I make enough now to be able to afford my perks and toys. I worked for that money, i'll danged well do what I want with it and nobody here, or anywhere else has the right to tell me I shouldn't or can't.

Have a nice day.

~Saitada
  • Mixie - Lost City
    Mixie - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    nec wrote: »

A lot of people keep ignoring how OP this pet is. Pay attention, people. Its not overpriced, its just expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (;゚ Д゚)ℳℴℯ❤
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    hey who ate my post!! i sware i posted in this thread but alas it is no longer b:cry

anyhow so we are still debating this? we live in an economic world ( unfortunatly ) and though i dispise it pretty much nothing worthwhile is 100 percent free

and im seeing people pop up with these pets daily

so it seems to be working

enough said

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demonbleu - Sanctuary
    Demonbleu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bah its not scam/rip off, no one uses a gun to force anyone to buy in CS..

I have spend almost $100 since i started this game, only for charms and clothes/mount etc i am very interested in getting herc (i dun really care about Phenoix thro as i dun PvP) but spending so huge sum of money in once i dun feel its an immediately need... b:shocked

as also there is battle pet category in CS i am sure in the future they will put something in it, i rather buy a battle pet directly rather than buying packs to pay with luck to get more or less feathers/source.. b:surrender

congrats every veno who get one thro!! i have seen herc tanking in Fbs they are really great!! and i think herc is cute! (he sits suddenly while in fight!) b:laugh
    b:laugh game addicted
  • zhaozhilong
    zhaozhilong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    heh its all nuts if ppl are willing to spent hundreds of usd for a game there all nuts, its a game and like all mmo games there all greedy for money and find ways to make money, everytime they come out with new items ppl are on the bandwagon to be the first one to get it, weather be that spoiled kid who gets what he/she want from momy and dady or beit that rich person who has nothing els to do but to play a game all day everyday and dont have a life rolf. those are the ppl that usualy be the first ones to get it, within time all those items will be so cheap that those ppl will jump off a bridge couse they just spent thousands of usd for game items( they should jump off a bridge for doing that anyways) dont be stupid for 50$ I can think of 1000 things to spend it on other than a game and have a much better time doing it. Wake up ppl its a game nothing more its not rl, get yourself a gf or bf and get a fricken life,b:bye
  • alahas
    alahas Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    phuquit wrote: »
    I was having such a hard time deciding if I should pay the rent this month, or buy christmas presents for my family, but **** it - now I'm gonna buy a pet that does 30% more damage instead...

Thank you PWI for helping me get my priorities straight!

LMAO!!! I love your idea!! This New Year coming am going to Max out my CC and charge it on ZEN. Praise PWI!!! You guys rock!!!b:coolb:cool

BTW I and for the rest of you all out there who are spending large amount of cash to keep PWI alive!!! Thank you all!!! Keep working overtime and use that CC to charge your ZEN! Lets keep PWI alive!! Happy New Year!!!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I averaged 250 Source of Force and Phoenix feathers for every 5 gold I spent.

9999 / 250 = about 40 x 5 = 200 gold

I have both pets. So I spent about $400.00 to get them both. Considering how much I used to spend each year for my 8 Everquest accounts, and 4 EvE Online accounts, This game is a bargain. (14.99 x 8 x 12 = $1439.04 and 14.99 x 4 x 12 = $719.52 for a total YEARLY outlay of $2158.56 to MMORPG's)

Dropping $400.00... great savings here. I figured out I have spent about $1000.00 on this game to get to the point I can easily farm coin now to let the game pay for itself. This means I don't need to spend any more money on this game ever again.

Net savings.... over $1000.00 cash this year alone... that is a great bargain for me! Overall net savings...... a lot more b:chuckle

Saitada
  • patchouly
    patchouly Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The prices are ok.

You want something before everyone else?
    You want the advantage of havin a phoenix/herc before everyone else?

Than the prices are reasonable.

The prices will drop in the future anyways, so who buys now, got the advantage , but later "everyone" will have one, and it wont be any "special" anymore. like at pw - my .

Omg Rofl.
    There is one little detail you forget my friend.

This game is promote as a FREE MMO.
    And i think the day you need to work for your money you will realize that 800 dollar for a pet is a horrible amount of money for a pet.
    I play this game for more then a year, only on this server since half way november.
    And at some point ...when you realy hit high lvl you will find out that everything is overpriced in this game..
    And dont forget THERE IS NO HARD WAY.....you can grind day and night for months, you can spend 600 hours in HH/TT ..You simply cannot earn your lvl 90 gear, without spending hundreds of dollars of real money.
    Or without leeching from others.
    Have you ever wondered why the bosses have no AI but only millions of HP?

I only stayed so long in this game because of the friends that I have, in the game.
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm glad somebody finally said it! Other MMOs you are paying out money every month and get in return (drum roll please) to play the game. That's it, no special nothing. You pay money every month to play the game. You're playing this one for free. Really. For FREE. It costs them money to do that. If you feel that this game is worthing paying for, then you put some money into the cash shop, they kick you down some cool items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually thats untrue, there IS a hard way.

Witout apending any rl money i've manged to get 2000 source of force in about 1 month. Sure its going to take really long but I could play more and do it faster(just that I don't really enjoy playing the game with the current community)

The sad part is that yes the zen prices are crazy, the last gold I bought in game cost me 103k coins. It just seems to me that as soon as you spend $'s on this game they lose all value. You pay loads of rl money and get almost no return for it in the game.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually thats untrue, there IS a hard way.

Witout apending any rl money i've manged to get 2000 source of force in about 1 month. Sure its going to take really long but I could play more and do it faster(just that I don't really enjoy playing the game with the current community)

The sad part is that yes the zen prices are crazy, the last gold I bought in game cost me 103k coins. It just seems to me that as soon as you spend $'s on this game they lose all value. You pay loads of rl money and get almost no return for it in the game.

Oh is that why people who buy zen and sell it in the AH are the richest players in the game?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Herr_Liebe - Lost City
    Herr_Liebe - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lmao I love it, because you can just do something here I've never seen with any other game I've seen, and trade anything and everything that comes out of the Boutique.

You can always do like I'm trying to do, and save a little bit of money here and there, until I can get a hercules, then take that to Lv 7x or 8x depending on my WF, and go solo some HH squad modes.

That will make money to get a pheonix, then I can always go solo more HH to give to the guild.

;D
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lmao I love it, because you can just do something here I've never seen with any other game I've seen, and trade anything and everything that comes out of the Boutique.

You can always do like I'm trying to do, and save a little bit of money here and there, until I can get a hercules, then take that to Lv 7x or 8x depending on my WF, and go solo some HH squad modes.

That will make money to get a pheonix, then I can always go solo more HH to give to the guild.

;D

I have a 77 herc and let me tell you, TT squad isn't as easy as you may think even when you have a herc. b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Herr_Liebe - Lost City
    Herr_Liebe - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a 77 herc and let me tell you, TT squad isn't as easy as you may think even when you have a herc. b:chuckle

It may not be, but if you're a heavy veno, then it gets to be a touch easier.

:3
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    and dont forget you just cant walk in and "solo" squad mode. You HAVE to have at LEAST 3 other people in your party and they HAVE to go inside the TT and be there for you to open squad mode.

So unless you have 3 other computers be prepared to try to round up 3 additional people each time you want to do a squad run and once again they not only have to be in your party but they have to come inside the TT until you get it open.

Trust me its not as easy as it sounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It may not be, but if you're a heavy veno, then it gets to be a touch easier.

:3

Where can you get enough MP and healing power to heal your pet. It takes 3 venos (2 robe, 1 LA last time) to heal a 8x Harc to do 2-2. and all 3 venos has to be on pots, so healing non stop. do not count on solo HH team.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    davais wrote: »
    Where can you get enough MP and healing power to heal your pet. It takes 3 venos (2 robe, 1 LA last time) to heal a 8x Harc to do 2-2. and all 3 venos has to be on pots, so healing non stop. do not count on solo HH team.

It does not take 3 venos.

We've been doing 2-2 with 4 venos to do it quickly(plus an archer for sharpentooth, and a cleric for res every now and then), but except on the ape boss, there was only ever one 8x veno healing. And only 2 on the ape boss. We did skip the general guy, but killed the rest of the bosses.

Also, you don't have to be on pots, you can use intersoul switch to refill your mana.

Edit: the veno with the herc that was tanking it does 2-2 solo. However, he skips over the general, the ape boss, and the final boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vampirevane
    vampirevane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    -- Well.. I had a very bad experience with money 'spending'

as a young adult meeting life.. working started to save and save.. Good in some years my savings got to close to 8000 Dollars i was feeling somehow ..ok that i had the money for any future emergency or whatever still working paying bills , rent , food etc..

So greatest thing of my life.. I lose all that money , was stolen, banished in a flash.. Since then I don't save for ****.. I spend every single dollar i make on me, even if is **** like buying pixels that will bring me fun for 1 day or 1 month so freaking worth it.. because it's me who earns it, and it's me who spends it.. b:victory
    5 Skill Slots for Pets Please ..Venos will $hare more ;)
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    way to necro a thread over 3 months old
  • Gaho - Sanctuary
    Gaho - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    *Screams in terror* OMG IT'S A ZOMBIE!!
  • 985740954 - Heavens Tear
    985740954 - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The prices will drop in the future anyways.

Why would they drop the prices when they are selling so many now?
This discussion has been closed.