Battle Pet Pack : the rip-off/scam

Options

Comments

• OldProphet - Sanctuary
    OldProphet - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wanna know something sad? Tons of people will still get this pet, and PW will get rich off it.

Wanna know why? Because people in the United States are spoiled. People will buy it no matter what the price is.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I have 989 orbs and haven't spent a cent of real money. I'll get the pets and still not spend any real money.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Bought $50, which gives $53.

Got 2770 feathers, 10 Source of Force. (Been transferring them into feathers at Pet Managers.)

After I get to 9999 I may just let it sit for awhile, see what happens in future updates to the pets. Then decide from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

I have an important question though, Can someone with a Phoenix or Herc tell me what they eat? If it's true that they only eat hay or whatever then I wont bother.b:surrender

The Hercules will only eat meat and I think the phoenix only eats fodder(hay). No they will not eat any of the food items that you buy at the npc.
    Good luck raising 150-170 million coins anytime soon.

150m-170m where do you get that? Its only 15m-20m per pet, Nowhere near the price your saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Murit - Heavens Tear
    Murit - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    my personal feelings on the phoenix is that its simply unreasonable. And I will be personally mocking anyone who pays their (or their parrent's money) for one. Mark these words, and expect HEAVY flaming.

Yes...this means you Maiya. Are you stupid? or do you simply have some sort of learning disability?

Anyone else want to openly admit they're paying cash for this ****, broken, and overpriced peice of digital media?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Anyone else want to openly admit they're paying cash for this ****, broken, and overpriced peice of digital media?

Some people will pay a few hundred $$$ to go see a rock concert, a professionnal football/baseball/basketball game

It all depends where you want to put your money really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    my personal feelings on the phoenix is that its simply unreasonable. And I will be personally mocking anyone who pays their (or their parrent's money) for one. Mark these words, and expect HEAVY flaming.

Yes...this means you Maiya. Are you stupid? or do you simply have some sort of learning disability?

You only mean people who are paying real money for it? Are you ok with those of us that will get the pets but without paying any real money for them?
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Solky - Lost City
    Solky - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    around 20-03 mil... is quite a lot. I got kind of sad because instead of comprehensive and cool updates , last 4 I saw were only boutique new items. That's sad.
    Be sure to check the Beauty Contest :Db:thanks

I love presents. Give me some =db:thanks
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You only mean people who are paying real money for it? Are you ok with those of us that will get the pets but without paying any real money for them?
    I almost feel more sorry for the people who do not use real money. I guess since ingame coin has no real value you have to spend it on something. Just if you look at how many hours(weeks?) of your life you have to grind to get to get enough to buy 1 item. I would think it would be harder to give up that than a tiny part of your paycheck.

At least this to a point I can see why someone would really want this item unlike fluff items like fashion.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    deshin wrote: »
    I almost feel more sorry for the people who do not use real money. I guess since ingame coin has no real value you have to spend it on something. Just if you look at how many hours(weeks?) of your life you have to grind to get to get enough to buy 1 item. I would think it would be harder to give up that than a tiny part of your paycheck.

At least this to a point I can see why someone would really want this item unlike fluff items like fashion.

Lol, you sound totally rich but I can kinda see what you're saying. I could easily take out a portion of my wages and just buy buy buy..

But then again, you can't feed the pets from the CS, so it goes to show that money isn't everything
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Because people in the United States are spoiled. People will buy it no matter what the price is.

lol, don't you know that most of the uber elite players with all the uber elite gear are not usually american? sure they may grind for it, i don't claim to know how they get it, but i guarantee you the people throwing the money down to get these items are not all american. >_>

around 20-03 mil... is quite a lot. I got kind of sad because instead of comprehensive and cool updates , last 4 I saw were only boutique new items. That's sad.

agreed 100000%
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hey, look what I found:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/11275

Scroll down.. down some more.. there. Right at the bottom.

I wonder if that mob is in a level 2 or 1 territory? b:dirty
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Lol, you sound totally rich but I can kinda see what you're saying. I could easily take out a portion of my wages and just buy buy buy..

But then again, you can't feed the pets from the CS, so it goes to show that money isn't everything

Just an FYI you can feed them from the CS with the Arcane Pet Book, its located under the Misc Tab under Tomes. I have one equipped for a few hours now and my Hercules hasnt gotten hungry once nor has his loyalty dropped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Murit - Heavens Tear
    Murit - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

Well, While in my understanding, the phoenix is completely broken once lvl 5 FR is put on it, if you're willing to fork out the 20mil it'd take to get one, then go for it.

Just cause I cant afford an item doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. I'm sure something just as game breaking will come along for the archer eventually.

However...I figured it that in order to buy a phoenix with straight cash (without trading out) would be more than all my bills combined for a month. My post was simply saying that people with enough money to burn THAT frivolously sicken me...I mean...for the love of god people, you're paying as much as it takes to put a kid through a month of college...for a few bits in a video game? Do the world a favor, and open a scholarship fund, where in to enter the person has to buy one box and send it to you. Then you still get the feathers, AND some poor kid might get to eat something more than ramen noodles while studying for his biology final.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    deshin wrote: »

It took me less than 2 weeks spending roughly 2-3 hours a day doing solo TT 1-1 runs to get all the ingame cash I needed for it. Im looking to have phoenix by next week doing the same thing I did to get Hercules. Its really not hard or unreasonable. Im actually glad it was alot less painful than I thought. It does take a little work but its a really good pet and it should. I dont expect things to be handed to me and its good to have to put a little work and effort into getting the things you want. Makes you appreciate it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Just an FYI you can feed them from the CS with the Arcane Pet Book, its located under the Misc Tab under Tomes. I have one equipped for a few hours now and my Hercules hasnt gotten hungry once nor has his loyalty dropped.

:o:o:o

Success!

Thanks for that, I'm gonna.. uh... go take a look at my bank statement..

'Bout time I put some of those "rainy day" savings to use
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It took me less than 2 weeks spending roughly 2-3 hours a day doing solo TT 1-1 runs to get all the ingame cash I needed for it. Im looking to have phoenix by next week doing the same thing I did to get Hercules. Its really not hard or unreasonable. Im actually glad it was alot less painful than I thought. It does take a little work but its a really good pet and it should. I dont expect things to be handed to me and its good to have to put a little work and effort into getting the things you want. Makes you appreciate it more.
    And taming rare pets wasn't included in this? But thanks for the reminder of the arcane book, totally forgot about that so it won't be as bad feeding the phoenix or hercules.

I think I'll hold on to my golem for the time being though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It's not a scam lol, It's called making money :O The prices are perfectly fine really, If people are willing to pay that then it's great for PWI. I personally would never pay that for pixels but some will, Don't forget you can buy GOLD with in-game coins. 9999 Feathers seems a little to much though but meh more money for PWI lol, They will become common soon enough. Same with lion mount it will be in Boutique to buy soon, The xp bonus was a nice little update. The Expansion was to much hype for really nothing :s 70+ areas (you all earned it if your 70), New bosses, New armour/weps and skills, Its mostly a update for higher levels. The new armour I heard takes alot of mysterious chips, I think these new bosses should drop them or drop mysterious chips. Seeing as Cube Of Fate is costly on Mirage stones as that post by a GM showed. Sorry for the off topic bit :P
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    And taming rare pets wasn't included in this? But thanks for the reminder of the arcane book, totally forgot about that so it won't be as bad feeding the phoenix or hercules.

I think I'll hold on to my golem for the time being though.

Nope not counting rare pets, Yes Im at alot of rare pet spawns and 99% of the time the pets go to guildies, and at frog it goes to w/e nice newb venos are there at the time so farmers dont get them. If you dont believe ask around the spawn plenty know I give them away as soon as I catch them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nope not counting rare pets, Yes Im at alot of rare pet spawns and 99% of the time the pets go to guildies, and at frog it goes to w/e nice newb venos are there at the time so farmers dont get them. If you dont believe ask around the spawn plenty know I give them away as soon as I catch them.
    No, I believe you and I commend you for it. Good to see some nice players :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    can someone tell me where I can look at the stats for them please? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    However...I figured it that in order to buy a phoenix with straight cash (without trading out) would be more than all my bills combined for a month. My post was simply saying that people with enough money to burn THAT frivolously sicken me...I mean...for the love of god people, you're paying as much as it takes to put a kid through a month of college...for a few bits in a video game? Do the world a favor, and open a scholarship fund, where in to enter the person has to buy one box and send it to you. Then you still get the feathers, AND some poor kid might get to eat something more than ramen noodles while studying for his biology final.

Not sure how many big spenders are on Heaven's Tear. I admit to buying feathers, but take a look at GriminflameZ, Shinzoko, and Deity from Lost City server. Shinzoko who maybe bought like what, 300 gold packs and got the lion mount? Deity who always has the latest gear and upgraded insanely (for all three of those people.)

One cannot tell another what to do with their money. I agree that if someone is spending tons of money, at least try helping those in need. And I do try donating when I can. Hell, I'd donate blood whenever there was a blood drive, but I can't due to a blood deficiency. I also wonder, for a company like PWE. How much money have they obtained from all of this? I know Blizzard with WoW makes way more than they need to run their servers. I don't follow them closely, but what happens to that money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GuangRiona - Heavens Tear
    GuangRiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lol i dont think it is a scam expecially since i have seen alot of people get it
    i will get one too when they drop the price
    it is just like when i bought my ps2 after they release it for some time lol
    i definitely dont get the brag right
    but i dont need it anyway
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thanks and for the record I didnt spend a dime of real life money to get it either. I been saving up my ingame gold since they first announced the exspanion with it and slowly bought up Zen from AH.

In Total I spent 176 Zen to get it all payed for with in game cash. b:victory

Good Luck To everyone else, a few more weeks of HH and maybe ill have the pheonix too b:thanks

Congrats Cat. Just want you to know the froggy "Goose" is doing just fine, I'm taking good care of him. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Congrats Cat. Just want you to know the froggy "Goose" is doing just fine, I'm taking good care of him. ^^

lol thanks! Goose went with my shadou cub named Duck.. get it... Duck, Duck, Goose! Hehe. But sadly I didnt like the frog compared to my kitten and needed the pet space so Goose had to find a new home *sniff* Duck actually might be finding a new home soon if Hercules does serve me well. I dunno if Ill have the space to really maintain a golem, cub, and hercules or If i really need 3 tanks. kinda want the armored bear now that im lvl 80 and still want the phoenix in the future.. We need more than 10 pet slots damnit!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• Erinis - Heavens Tear
    Erinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    peregryn wrote: »
    *laughs* Where do you live? I agree with your point about $800 for a pet that as an in game product is not completely yours and can be removed from game completely at discretion of game operators is insane (and only slightly less so at $300). However car, vacation for a week (sunny place), or new pc .... nope sorry. Of the three the new PC is the only one you could get for under 800.
    PC for 800$ is easy to get.
    Vacation also if you carefully plan it and dont use overpriced travel agency.
    I can easily spent 1-2 weeks on cyprus, egypt or in Italy for half that price.
    And about car, you can probably get some older used car for 500-800$ in many countries.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I didn't bother reading the thread, but do you guys have any idea how OP Phoenix is?
    A veno with that = GG.
    Back.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I didn't bother reading the thread, but do you guys have any idea how OP Phoenix is?
    A veno with that = GG.

And that is why it's expensive. 2+2=4.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    And that is why it's expensive. 2+2=4.

As i said, i didn't read the whole thread, just the first few posts, and all i saw was: "***** ***** ***** too expensive ***** ***** scam/ripoff *****"

But ya, they are OP.
    Back.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    As i said, i didn't read the whole thread, just the first few posts, and all i saw was: "***** ***** ***** too expensive ***** ***** scam/ripoff *****"

But ya, they are OP.

I put this in another thread and Ill put here it here to:

What I find the most hilarious thing about people complain about venos being overpwered now is this, this is what the 5th version of this game or 6th? Lets see theres the Chinese version, Japanese, Malaysian, Phillipene, Tawian, Europe, and I think Im missing some.

EVERY SINGLE VERSION OF THIS GAME was released before this one cept for europe. EVERY SINGLE version of the game already had hercules and pheonix released, before they released them in this version.

Its NOT like people didnt know this was coming or should have known. If you didnt like it you shouldnt have started to play or continue. But ranting about it now is a little late dont you think.

What were just hoping that even though they added them to ALL the other versions that maybe they wouldnt add them to this one lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

This discussion has been closed.