Jeanette_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    how can a GM tell if your AFK or just tabbed out and surfing the net tho :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    andracil wrote: »
    It is illegal to use any sort of system that allows you to gain exp while you're away. Zhenning is theoretically illegal as well, but only if you actually go away - a lot of people decide to stick around while doing it, so the GM's usually let that slide. This, on the other hand, will be stopped.

Big Fat Lie. GM NEVER check zhen parties for AFK people because it bring money in their pockets.

95% of zhen parties have afk people in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited April 2009
    Afk = Away from keyboard
    Tabbing to another screen = not away from keyboard
    Fairly obvious.

So if I have to follow your guideline : I can start a BB on my cleric in a zhen party, then I can alt-tab , put a DVD in my computer's DVD drive and watch it on my computer's monitor.

But I cannot start a BB on my cleric in a zhen party, then go away, put a DVD in my DVD player and watch it on my TV set.

But I could start a BB on my cleric in a zhen party, take my portable with me in my LZ chair, and then take a nap, since following what you said I would "fairly obviously" not be AFK.

I'm sorry to say that in all cases, I would actually not be paying attention to the game, afk or not afk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, I'm not sure how far you can go without being considered afk. That's up to the GM's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    why do all the ToS have to be so damed vague
    edited April 2009
    why do all the ToS have to be so damed vague

Because the GMs need some leeway to be able to apply the ToS. A too strict and detailled ToS would be a pain to enforce.

So they put what you can and cannot do with general details, and give their GMs instructions as to how they should apply it.

And some things in the ToS are only there to safegard the company's butt. Some points in it are simply impossible to apply in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It is illegal to use any sort of system that allows you to gain exp while you're away. Zhenning is theoretically illegal as well, but only if you actually go away - a lot of people decide to stick around while doing it, so the GM's usually let that slide. This, on the other hand, will be stopped.

Just a side note. So i need to drink a cup of tea, break BB, drink tea come back and every one is dead xD?
    b:dirty
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Big Fat Lie. GM NEVER check zhen parties for AFK people because it bring money in their pockets.

That's actually a logical fallacy: Correlation implies causation

Because they spend money for Zen and use it for CS items the GMs won't ban them for going AFK duing a Zhen party.

Here's what you are probably missing from the equation that makes your statement false:

Players buy Zen, and use that to get gold and then CS items.

Some of the players then go to a Zhen party, and go AFK while others keep pulling and killing mobs.

No one reports anyone in the Zhen party to the GMs as being AFK

Result: No one gets disiplined by the GMs.

Even if it is reported, it is still up to the GMs discretion as to what to do, and it still has nothing to do with whether or not they used the CS meaning the GMs use their best judgement based on the situation. I'm going to guess that anyone who was temp banned for being AFK during a Zhen party was probably reported by another player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does anyone ever get banned in Zhen?
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Does anyone ever get banned in Zhen?

We don't know since it's against the forum ToS for players that were banned for some reason to discuss it on the forums. Something about privacy issues, and it not being something that needs to be discussed by anyone not actually involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    in defense mode, im assuming that your pet wont attack any non-KoS mobs. Therefore it wont work. If you go somewhere with KoS mobs and leave your pet on defensive, theres a good chance you'll be dead when you return to your computer.

Also, if you're much higher level than the mobs, you wont get many drops or exp.

In any case, leaving something on your loot key is illegal, i believe.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    What about going to the BR wile flying on auto navi??

The gms could tell your tabbed with the client. It does act differently when tabbed.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Zhen should be banned, then everyone else should be banned.
    LOL GM banning zhenners, LOL LIKE THAT WILL HAPPEN!!!

This is like Bleed Bug.... another big hole in the game
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009

lol u guys come across as such a joke. The real reason you let it slide is because people burn gold mp charms in like 1 1/2 hour of doing it.

I can give you names of a ton of people who go afk in zhen. What are you gonna do about it? Lol b:laugh
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol, maybe they don't speak English, didn't notice, has chat options set to not include whispers, or just don't feel like answering? There is no clause in ToS that says you must drop whatever you're doing and answer when someone whispers you.b:sweat

actually you are wrong. if a GM appears in front of you and messages you there is a clause in the TOS which states you are required to respond to a GM. failure to do so will result in a ban.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    dieho wrote: »
    actually you are wrong. if a GM appears in front of you and messages you there is a clause in the TOS which states you are required to respond to a GM. failure to do so will result in a ban.

you cant exactly see things very well in a zhen.........
  • LadyBastet - Sanctuary
    LadyBastet - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't know if this "technique" would work for everyone. I'm pretty sure the mobs outside West Arch are only aggro till you get to a certain level. The only mobs I can think of that are aggro are the ghouls. Other then that non of the others should bother you. So how does this "technique" give you an advantage? You sleep for 8 hours and come back and only to find out you gained what like a measly 10%? This imo is a waste of time. I could get the same amount in 1 hour rather then 8. Plus I would rather not put my comp through that just to gain 10%.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Free Xp is worth it. My comp is always on, if that could work would be great, if ppl go afk risking some pk or some mistakes in zhen, why dont do it with this technique.
    Oh true... its free!! BAN!!
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    free exp from afk? sounds like wq
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i dunno, does fallin alseep durin zhen count as afk becuz thats what usually happens when i zhenb:surrender
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You guys arent going to get caught for afk zhenning lol
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneemah - Heavens Tear
    Aneemah - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You guys arent going to get caught for afk zhenning lol

There were such cases in the past...
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i got a whisper from what i think was a GM once, in the chat thing it just sai d GM and when iw ent to write back all it did was open the submit a.. "im stuck" box thing and i couldnt even respond. idk what he/she wanted or why they pmd me, and i think its really... crappy that we cant even write back.

also: on the actual topic.. you're not likely to get banned for any ad every afk moment, but i think if youre found to be abusing something like afk zhen or afk pet killing or afk looting.. then yea you'll get in trouble if enough people rat you out.
  • Ryda - Heavens Tear
    Ryda - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok just a question idk if its already up or not but what if youre a cleric and ur chatting on sum messanger service and alt tabbing with BB up and ur gone for awhile talking and u dont see that a gm is talking to u. would that give u the all mighty BANHAMA XD lol i love that word i cant help it :P but im serious though i mean theres so many different variables that could make the person not respond. :D b:laugh b:victory
    WaR FTW 6x BM
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *Unplugs keyboard and carries it off to the bathroom*
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *Unplugs keyboard and carries it off to the bathroom*

pppssssshhh, u need to 2 be more sophisticated, wireless keyboard ftwb:laugh
    even better if u dual screen ur computer, and leave 1 screen in the bathroom, then just carry the keyboard and u can keep playing, no afk anymore! b:victory
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't know if this "technique" would work for everyone. I'm pretty sure the mobs outside West Arch are only aggro till you get to a certain level. The only mobs I can think of that are aggro are the ghouls. Other then that non of the others should bother you. So how does this "technique" give you an advantage? You sleep for 8 hours and come back and only to find out you gained what like a measly 10%? This imo is a waste of time. I could get the same amount in 1 hour rather then 8. Plus I would rather not put my comp through that just to gain 10%.

lol 10% while you sleep isn't bad at all.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol 10% while you sleep isn't bad at all.

Yes, if I could find a good place in sz to make this work (I have one in mind right now I might try later) that I could do for a long time, it would be amazing. It would be worth it even if I could make 5%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Lol if this is allowed, I'll find myself a pet with a decent level Boost for my level and leave it out there.
  • brandono4
    brandono4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So is it or is it not against the ToS, I have yet to see an admin answer here.
This discussion has been closed.