Phoenixes.

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I've heard that, whereas all other bleed skills have a fixed bleed damage, Flesh Ream's DoT is based on the base attack value. There seems to be something wrong with applying PvP damage reduction , when there isn't a fixed damage value.

Actually, that is incorrect: it isn't having a problem applying the PvP DR: it simply isn't because it simply isn't coded to do so, most likely. If it simply isn't coded to have PvP DR, then the devs at PW-Beijing can code it to have PvP DR at anytime their employers want them to; in fact, if that was the change that was made and then reverted on PW-China, then the skill simply won't be changed to have PvP DR anytime in the foreseeable future on any other version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In my opinion people have every right to post as many QQ threads about phoenixes as they want.

The bleed skill IS bugged = it IS overpowered = it DOES **** half of the server in PvP.

How hard can it be to either fix that bug or to take the skill out of the game until it can be fixed...

Dont tell me that venos with whatever pet should be able to solo whole parties of other players, and venos 20 lvls below me still can easily kill me when kiting.

I suks, keep posting b:angry
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Most venos that pvp use flesh ream to do it. If they declared the skill to be a bug, according to the ToS the banhammer would have to swing and it would take out most venos in the game for bug abuse.

I swear Zoe, some of your statements are just total logical fallacies. They have had this skill issue in the game for a great deal of time. Long before the Nix was even in the game. If they finally turn around and say "yeah this is a bug" that does not mean they will have to ban everyone who has the skill on a pet. That is just sheer idiotic thinking on your part. Many pets COME with the skill when tamed. So.. you gonna ban some poor veno who tames a mythical wolfkin just because it has Flesh ream? No. And that is just ONE of MANY pets that when TAMED have the skill as part of their skill set btw.

If they say "Flesh Ream is bugged" then they will have no choice but to revamp/recode ALL the pets that have it as part of their skill sets when tamed. That is a lot of pets to revamp and add/change skills on. On top of that they will have to have a sub-routine of the code to scan all the veno pets on all the veno's and fix/remove the skill or remove/substitute a new skill.

Everyone thinks the fix will be easy and on the surface it would 'seem' to be but i'm doubting it's as easy as people would think. And your statement
    If they declared the skill to be a bug, according to the ToS the banhammer would have to swing and it would take out most venos in the game for bug abuse.
    is simply one of the STUPIDEST things i've seen you type to date. You really don't think your statements very far through do you?

*shakes head* There is stupidity, and then there is epic idiocy. You just crossed over into the land of epic idiocy.

~S
    edited April 2009
    Dont tell me that venos with whatever pet should be able to solo whole parties of other players, and venos 20 lvls below me still can easily kill me when kiting.

Um how many players are in this hypothetical party? 2? 3? 4? 5? 1?

I only ask because more than one person should, hypothetically at least, be able to deal with a veno and her vicious pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I swear Zoe, some of your statements are just total logical fallacies. They have had this skill issue in the game for a great deal of time. Long before the Nix was even in the game. If they finally turn around and say "yeah this is a bug" that does not mean they will have to ban everyone who has the skill on a pet. That is just sheer idiotic thinking on your part. Many pets COME with the skill when tamed. So.. you gonna ban some poor veno who tames a mythical wolfkin just because it has Flesh ream? No. And that is just ONE of MANY pets that when TAMED have the skill as part of their skill set btw.

If they say "Flesh Ream is bugged" then they will have no choice but to revamp/recode ALL the pets that have it as part of their skill sets when tamed. That is a lot of pets to revamp and add/change skills on. On top of that they will have to have a sub-routine of the code to scan all the veno pets on all the veno's and fix/remove the skill or remove/substitute a new skill.

Everyone thinks the fix will be easy and on the surface it would 'seem' to be but i'm doubting it's as easy as people would think. And your statement is simply one of the STUPIDEST things i've seen you type to date. You really don't think your statements very far through do you?

*shakes head* There is stupidity, and then there is epic idiocy. You just crossed over into the land of epic idiocy.

~S

Wow the first post I've seen from you where you did not think about things first. I specifically said pvp. I figured you of all people would be able to put 2 and 2 together but I guess I was wrong and greatly overestimated your intelligence.

Those who use the skill in pvp do it being fully aware of the issue and use it BECAUSE of the issue. Even a new player that just started would learn all about it the first time they used it. If they use it after that they willingly abuse it.

Is that so hard to figure out?

Edit: Also for things like this if they did state its a bug it would be best to leave it IN the game. Give venos a week to remove the skill from their pets that they pvp with, then start banning those that still use it. Keeping it in the game will allow the GMs to remove players that like to abuse bugs, getting more trash out of the game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Give venos a week to remove the skill from their pets that they pvp with, then start banning those that still use it. Keeping it in the game will allow the GMs to remove players that like to abuse bugs, getting more trash out of the game.

Thats like the best idea ever, seriously.

Only flaw in your (really good) plan is: You need to become a GM to realise it, since they dont do it.

P.S. I dont even think that venos who have the skill should be punished. Everyone who is able to get something overpowered will get it. Most venos i talked to wouldnt even have a lot of problems if bleed bug would disappear, but of course they use it as long as its up. Just take the skill off the game for pets and everyone's gonna be happy.

Even better idea: Give everyone except venos with phoenix a warsoul weapon until the bug is fixed ^^
    (Would be around the same overpowered-ness)

Its really time for GMs to do something, seriously.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    People keep saying its not a bug because they have not said it is. This may not be the case if you look at it another way.

Most venos that pvp use flesh ream to do it. If they declared the skill to be a bug, according to the ToS the banhammer would have to swing and it would take out most venos in the game for bug abuse.

They won't say its a bug because they can't without being forced to ban a massive chunk of the playerbase, which is of course very bad for business.

This really is a stupid assumption. It wouldn't be considered bug abuse till after they say it's bugged for the simple fact they havn't commented on it since Perfect World came out in its original form in china.

Wow the first post I've seen from you where you did not think about things first. I specifically said pvp. I figured you of all people would be able to put 2 and 2 together but I guess I was wrong and greatly overestimated your intelligence.

Those who use the skill in pvp do it being fully aware of the issue and use it BECAUSE of the issue. Even a new player that just started would learn all about it the first time they used it. If they use it after that they willingly abuse it.

Is that so hard to figure out?

Edit: Also for things like this if they did state its a bug it would be best to leave it IN the game. Give venos a week to remove the skill from their pets that they pvp with, then start banning those that still use it. Keeping it in the game will allow the GMs to remove players that like to abuse bugs, getting more trash out of the game.

Wait what??? Why should I have to spend my coin to get a skill removed from my wolf I just cought yesterday that just happened to have the skill? Thats one of the most **** ideas I've ever read.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If they declared the skill to be a bug, according to the ToS the banhammer would have to swing ...

I do not know how other people think about this issue, but I do not think flesh ream is bugged. But also, I think people do not understand flesh ream.

However, if they decided their current design for this skill was bugged they would not have to be banning people -- they could instead change flesh ream works, for example.

But bugged? You had said
    People keep saying its not a bug because they have not said it is.

I think lots of people have been saying this skill is bugged, but without any evidence. And some people (me!) have been wanting some evidence and have been asking questions.

In some contexts, pet flesh ream seems unbalanced. But "unbalanced" and "bugged" ... they seem very different from my point of view. And flesh ream can be easily countered by a cleric, and honestly when compared with other abilities of other classes I am not really sure flesh ream is very unbalanced. (For example, last friday in TW, one of my venomancer friends was consistently getting hit for 4000-ish damage by a level 80-ish archer. Over nine seconds, multiply this by 6...)

If anyone would like testing if flesh ream is really bugged, I might have an idea: Barbarians' level 10 flesh ream inflicts 1900 damage over 15 seconds, or 1140 damage over 9 seconds. This does not completely match phoenix flesh ream because of their duration difference, but maybe they will not be too different? Someone could try flesh ream from a low level phoenix in a duel -- I think you would want a phoenix which would inflict 1140 damage over 9 seconds -- and you could see if barbarian and phoenix flesh ream really do damage that much differently.
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If anyone would like testing if flesh ream is really bugged, I might have an idea: Barbarians' level 10 flesh ream inflicts 1900 damage over 15 seconds, or 1140 damage over 9 seconds. This does not completely match phoenix flesh ream because of their duration difference, but maybe they will not be too different? Someone could try flesh ream from a low level phoenix in a duel -- I think you would want a phoenix which would inflict 1140 damage over 9 seconds -- and you could see if barbarian and phoenix flesh ream really do damage that much differently.

Except that barbarian's Flesh Ream isn't pet Flesh Ream. It has a fixed bleed damage value, which gets reduced in PvP.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Charizrd - Heavens Tear
    Charizrd - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    abt phenix being bugged .... i say fix it already QQ

But being a barb if u cant handle a nix .... u r a big fail.

Barb is the only class i have seen handle venos with nix well.

As for dmg, well the best barb in my guild has dealt over 100k on a mob.
    (tranforms to 25k on pvp)
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yea god forbid they would just disable pet ream until they find a fix, like they'd do in almost any other game. Something obviously bugged, they disable it until a fix is found. Here, head in the sand, let's just not say anything and hope it goes away. There are so many phoenix's on harshlands now it's getting a tad ridiculous.

That's my vote, disable the pet ream until you find a fix for it. Yes, people will complain, but it is clearly a bugged skill and thus they have no right to complain if it is removed.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I Repeat It's Not Bugged Untill Pw Employees Say It Is!!!!
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    well you heard Tiggy it aint bugged lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Dealing pve dmg @ pvp is obviously not bugged d'uh
    Wait what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do "Invoke spirit" get back into human form and stun the **** outta veno : )
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    invoke works wellb:victory..unless the veno knows about the skill.b:surrenderAnd notices that it only has to keep a tad bit of distance for like 20 seconds, for the effect to wear off.lolBut being pked by a veno is almost completely another story.Before u can cast invoke (or notice ur being attacked hahaha)ur dead.Also invoke takes forever to cast seeing as u have to change forms to do it.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    here we go again..

Oh No the veno has pets! b:cry b:cry b:cry
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I love these posts. I really do.
    The more people that post them the more chance the issues will be fixed xDb:victory
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Friction - Lost City
    Friction - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The more people that post them the more chance the issues will be fixed xDb:victory

Agreed.
    Venos are ****. Phoenix are ****. Fix it.
    edited April 2009

I highly doubt any amount of crying and complaining on these forums is going to make a whole lot of difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Except that barbarian's Flesh Ream isn't pet Flesh Ream. It has a fixed bleed damage value, which gets reduced in PvP.

I agree with you about one thing: i made some simplifying assumptions, about pet flesh ream and barbarian flesh ream.

But, currently, I do not have any reason to believe you would see different damage in PvP if you were doing identical damage in PvE! I have been trying to find any information I can find about this "bug", and I can not find anything like this, anywhere.

Has anyone tried testing how much difference you would see between pet flesh ream, and barbarian flesh ream, in pvp, when your pet's damage per second should otherwise match your barbarian's flesh ream?

I think this should be fairly simple. If you have a level 54+ barbarian with level 10 barbarian flesh ream and a venomancer with a wolf or foxwing or something low enough in level so her pet's flesh ream skill damage will be 1140 points then you can test in PvE and see if they do the same damage per tick against whatever kind of monsters. (For example, if your pet's flesh ream did 140% of its base physical attack and if its base physical attack was 814, its flesh ream's damage per tick might match a barbarian's damage per tick.) Anyways, if both flesh reams do the same damage per tick in PvE you can then try them both in PvP -- you just need to find a volunteer and have your venomancer friend and your barbarian friend duel with your volunteer.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    here we go again..

Oh No the veno has pets! b:cry b:cry b:cry

Actually it's
    Oh noes 1 class in game deals pve dmg @ pvp b:cry

It's not the pet, it's the skill.
    Classic ignorant veno noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
    edited April 2009
    Actually it's
    Oh noes 1 class in game deals pve dmg @ pvp b:cry

It's not the pet, it's the skill.
    Classic ignorant veno noob.

For those who didn't read either the thread title or the first post, the OP didn't even mention the skill. The entire post was a complaint about the phoenix.

In short, read the first post, then re-read the other person's post, and you might actually figure out the connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I decided to think about the question that some have asked but not very often which is "Why would they not fix this skill?" and I came to a rather reasonable answer.

This skill which makes the Nix Uber in PvP and thus Veno's owning it in PvP Uber is helping them to sell the Nix because we all know that many players want anything that is over powering no matter the cost.

Now that being said consider how great an idea it is to keep ANYTHING that pushes these two pets. Not ONLY does someone spend along the lines of $200 to GET the pet in question but because feeding them properly in game is nothing short of crazy with their food types you are likely to buy the Book to keep them fed. With the Book going for $2 a pop and lasting for a week this means that essentially you now pay a monthly subscription of $8 (you or whoever you buy them from). So you make a down payment of $200 and then continue to pay another $8 every month in order to have and use this pet. I mean honestly, there is no better Cash Cow in the game and until they can think of one that is just as good I can fully understand why they would do anything they could to keep people buying and using these pets. It just makes fiscal sense I am afraid.

That does not mean I think it is all that right of them to do it but then again I very much enjoy having the game to play so if this is how they have to make their money to keep it up and running then so be it I guess.
    edited April 2009
    I decided to think about the question that some have asked but not very often which is "Why would they not fix this skill?" and I came to a rather reasonable answer.

This skill which makes the Nix Uber in PvP and thus Veno's owning it in PvP Uber is helping them to sell the Nix because we all know that many players want anything that is over powering no matter the cost.

Now that being said consider how great an idea it is to keep ANYTHING that pushes these two pets.

Flesh Ream is of little to no use on a Herc, so your argument makes no sense there.

The Phoenix is the single highest DPS pet available to the veno even without Flesh Ream. What makes you think venos wouldn't get one if Flesh Ream had PvP DR?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Nix isn't worth the $200 without the flesh ream bug. Without flesh ream it's 10x easier to stay alive long enough to kill the veno. =/
  • SabreSnake - Heavens Tear
    SabreSnake - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well thanks for your responses everyone apart from the venos in disguise pimping the phoenixeb:angry

But phoenixes are still kicking my **** np, if one comes behind me when im flying or w/e i have less chance at winning than i wud at winning against a demon wiz sparking.

but im done complainng now, if GMs choose not to fix it let them, its gona lose them a lot of paying customers, mabye this one if this $&%$ keeps upb:surrender
    edited April 2009
    Well thanks for your responses everyone apart from the venos in disguise pimping the phoenixeb:angry

But phoenixes are still kicking my **** np, if one comes behind me when im flying or w/e i have less chance at winning than i wud at winning against a demon wiz sparking.

but im done complainng now, if GMs choose not to fix it let them, its gona lose them a lot of paying customers, mabye this one if this $&%$ keeps upb:surrender

No one is "pimping" anything, that's just your imagination making **** up. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SabreSnake - Heavens Tear
    SabreSnake - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No one is "pimping" anything, that's just your imagination making **** up. b:bye

dude will u pls fk off trying to provoke me, why dont u go on ur main and say sht lol, BTW if u hate QQ posts so much stop spamming every single oneb:thanks

end of the day...people got a right to say what they think, no matter what one guy thinks of it.
    edited April 2009
    dude will u pls fk off trying to provoke me, why dont u go on ur main and say sht lol, BTW if u hate QQ posts so much stop spamming every single oneb:thanks

end of the day...people got a right to say what they think, no matter what one guy thinks of it.

You slight posters who made valid points, and then complain and get bent out of shape when someone calls you on it?

Absolutely priceless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]