Phoenixes.

darksnakes
darksnakes Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
ok phoenixes in PVP, anyone else think there stupidly overpowered? Im a lvl 88 barb , i have low damage which is what i expect from the barb class. To make up for this im meant to be "hard" to kill. Yet a phoenixe can kill me in a matter of seconds.

Does this make sense to anyone in game, i mean even a high lvl tank is no match for a phoenixe.

Im sure loads of Venos will flood this thread with why it is, but venos alredy own PVE because of the herc. Now they own PVP because of the phoenixe.

And they say, " oh thats ok , its fair because no one wants us in a zhen squad". Are they high? they can solo zhen lol.

Someone tell me im wrong but is this game crazily biased towards venos? im not starting all 88 lvls over again to make a veno.b:sad
Post edited by darksnakes on

Comments

• Lady - Harshlands
    Lady - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    *SIGH* b:bye
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just what we needed: another person creating a faceless account to QQ about venos some more. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksnakes
    darksnakes Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just what we needed: another person creating a faceless account to QQ about venos some more. <.<

im lvl 88 barb on heavens tear server called SabreSnake, and we all know ur a veno in disguise lmao.
    edited April 2009
    darksnakes wrote: »
    im lvl 88 barb on heavens tear server called SabreSnake, and we all know ur a veno in disguise lmao.

How am I a veno in disguise? I openly post about my venos.

Yes, that is a 's' on the end of the word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SabreSnake - Heavens Tear
    SabreSnake - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    How am I a veno in disguise? I openly post about my venos.

Yes, that is a 's' on the end of the word.

i dont care lol, im just trying to find opinions of people, not get some noob having a go at me lol
    edited April 2009
    i dont care lol, im just trying to find opinions of people, not get some noob having a go at me lol

You know, that's from your profile, and your first post was to QQ about venos with a post count of 1.

Did you know that there has been more than a few threads QQing about venos that were started by users with 1 post to their name and a join date of that day. What were we supposed to think? That someone was using their main account?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009

You know, that's from your profile, and your first post was to QQ about venos with a post count of 1.

Did you know that there has been more than a few threads QQing about venos that were started by users with 1 post to their name and a join date of that day. What were we supposed to think? That someone was using their main account?

well seems kinda dumb if so many people are complaining and nothing is being done.
  • Lady - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    well seems kinda dumb if so many people are complaining and nothing is being done.

This exact conversation has taken place a billion and a half times. Go press the search button, type in phoenix and press enter. TA-DA! You would think by level 87 you'd already know people's opinions about the phoenix. And if this is your first visit to the forums in 87 levels, you'd think it would be for a more useful reason than to complain.
    edited April 2009
    This exact conversation has taken place a billion and a half times. Go press the search button, type in phoenix and press enter. TA-DA! You would think by level 87 you'd already know people's opinions about the phoenix. And if this is your first visit to the forums in 87 levels, you'd think it would be for a more useful reason than to complain.

yes it is my first time on the forums, im just sick of the crazily overpowered class that owns every aspect of the game... drove me to **** about it here lol
    edited April 2009

Yes, you're right: QQing about venos is dumb.

Why is it dumb? Because it accomplishes nothing, and it's trite.

Why does it accomplish nothing? Because the horse is already dead.

Why has nothing been done? Because there is nothing wrong with the Phoenix and the devs are in China, not here.

We really don't need more threads about the non-issue of the Phoenix.

And the search function is your friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    yes it is my first time on the forums, im just sick of the crazily overpowered class that owns every aspect of the game... drove me to **** about it here lol

again though, this is not a new complaint. these threads are made constantly, and just like you're sick of the phoenix, the forum posters are all sick of these threads. if you haven't searched for phoenix yet, do it and you'll see what I mean.
    edited April 2009
    Yes, you're right: QQing about venos is dumb.

Why is it dumb? Because it accomplishes nothing, and it's trite.

Why does it accomplish nothing? Because the horse is already dead.

Why has nothing been done? Because there is nothing wrong with the Phoenix and the devs are in China, not here.

We really don't need more threads about the non-issue of the Phoenix.

And the search function is your friend.

to know theres nothing wrong with the veno skill you would have to be mabye atleast lvl 60-70+, all i see is someone who is probably a noob alt account of a veno tellling me leave the glitch be. Btw what else is to be done, GMs may see the amount of complaints on this forum, and it somehow goes back to the game designers in China. Only way things we get to be fixxed, way i see it, this is like the rebirth or fb59 glitch somthing that pisses people off but doesnt get fixxed.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why did you think you needed to complain about something thats complained about daily? thanks for wasting space man :)
    edited April 2009
    Why did you think you needed to complain about something thats complained about daily? thanks for wasting space man :)

shaddappp veno!!!!!b:angry
    edited April 2009
    to know theres nothing wrong with the veno skill you would have to be mabye atleast lvl 60-70+, all i see is someone who is probably a noob alt account of a veno tellling me leave the glitch be. Btw what else is to be done, GMs may see the amount of complaints on this forum, and it somehow goes back to the game designers in China. Only way things we get to be fixxed, way i see it, this is like the rebirth or fb59 glitch somthing that pisses people off but doesnt get fixxed.

Exhibit A: Title of thread : Phoenixes.

This means you are going to QQ about Phoenixes

Exhibit B:
    ok phoenixes in PVP, anyone else think there stupidly overpowered?

No mention of a glitch, just stating they are OP.
    Im a lvl 88 barb , i have low damage which is what i expect from the barb class. To make up for this im meant to be "hard" to kill. Yet a phoenixe can kill me in a matter of seconds.

Does this make sense to anyone in game, i mean even a high lvl tank is no match for a phoenixe.

Still no mention of a glitch, just more QQing about getting killed by one.
    Im sure loads of Venos will flood this thread with why it is, but venos alredy own PVE because of the herc. Now they own PVP because of the phoenixe.

And they say, " oh thats ok , its fair because no one wants us in a zhen squad". Are they high? they can solo zhen lol.

Someone tell me im wrong but is this game crazily biased towards venos? im not starting all 88 lvls over again to make a veno.b:sad

And now the gross generalizations and complaints about venos.

At no point did you even mention a glitch. At every point did you complain that Phoenixes were OP, and then made claims about the veno class.

Go ahead, tell me that I'm wrong in my analysis of your very first post and thread on the forums.

I'm waiting. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009

Exhibit B:

At no point did you even mention a glitch. At every point did you complain that Phoenixes were OP, and then made claims about the veno class.

Go ahead, tell me that I'm wrong in my analysis of your very first post and thread on the forums.

well basically you spent all this time reading over what you had alredy read just to say aload of ****, hmm yeah your not wrongb:surrender
    edited April 2009

Exhibit B:

LMAO just read a few more veno complaint posts ( yes there are loads ) man you are biatching on all of them, enough is enough!!!
    edited April 2009
    LMAO just read a few more veno complaint posts ( yes there are loads ) man you are biatching on all of them, enough is enough!!!

Did someone **** in your cheerios this morning?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

b:shutup
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Rustedsteel - Sanctuary
    Rustedsteel - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There is nothing wrong with the Phoenix. The Phoenix itself is fine, the problem that your having isn't with the pet, but a skill that has to be purchased and added to the pet, and then upgrade as the pet levels.

This skill is called Flesh Ream and it may or may not be bugged.

The general consensus, even amongst Veno's that use the skill is that it is bugged but not having any confirmation or denial from the GM's means that for all intents and purposes, the skill is not bugged and is working the way they want it to.

What this means for you is that until or even if the skill gets fixed, your going to have to find ways around it to survive. If your unable to do that then you will continue to die to Veno's.

I have a decently leveled Veno myself, and it is very difficult for me to kill a barb the same level as me. Could it be that you simply are a poorly outfitted and designed Barb build to be getting killed so fast? Or is it higher level Veno's are farming you because they find your tears yummy?

Steel
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok phoenixes in PVP, anyone else think there stupidly overpowered? Im a lvl 88 barb , i have low damage which is what i expect from the barb class. To make up for this im meant to be "hard" to kill. Yet a phoenixe can kill me in a matter of seconds.

Sorry if this is your first time on the forums... this issue is addressed on a daily basis... all non-veno's hate it... The problem is that so many people have already complained that now its just getting agnnoyin. From what I hear, its just a bug where it basically does PvE dmg in PvP (u do more damage in PvE than in PvP if you couldn't already tell...). This bug has been around for ages and it's obvious that it will never get fixed... so now people are just getting tired of these constant posts about a known problem :(
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sayurirose - Heavens Tear
    Sayurirose - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ARgh more veno hate threads BAH -.-
    This is what I say, think Venos are overpowered because of two certain pets who cost 250$ may I add (which means not everyone has one). Then go make one shut up, and stop complaining the end -.-, there tah dah your apparantly overpowered -.-happy?
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The real problem is now people have to actually think how they play the game instead of button mashing.

Dude as a lvl 87 barb if your dieing to nixs in secs you have problems. That problem is you. I have tanked and survived 2 nixs near my levels while in arcane gear. So whats your problem. Really.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mainachan - Sanctuary
    Mainachan - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Since you're new this might help,
    [URL=]"http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting"[/URL]

cpaa38285c812256282dcc44f54dc01ab1.gif
    "The present moment is a powerful goddess" -Goethe
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Where have you been? Its the whole bleed skill whatever.....its bugged. we know it already. Im a level 50 venomancer myself. I have no urge at all to ever own a nix or herc so by all means nerf em both completely. it wouldnt bother me the least. I like a challenge in any game and rather than easily slaughtering everything with a nix or herc. I'll just stick with my eldergoth marksman thats had my back since level 41 without any issues.
  • Paladin - Harshlands
    Paladin - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Phoenix are not overpowered, it's just their bleed skill has some bugs. The bleed does physical damage, yet plume shell or any other defense buff is ignored. Making a barb look like hes wearing arcane armor against a phoenix.

They will fix it when they feel like fixing it. The phoenix is a faulty product, if they fix it. they have to re-imburse the players who have bought a phoenix through coins or something similair to that. That is why, in order to fix it in a way, they introduce a fairy that will remove this bleed spell from a player who is owning the fairy.

Veno's get to keep their phoenix as it is, and players will get immunity to bleed effect(the ones that get a required fairy).

Both parties happy.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    sabre your absolutely right the pheonixes ARE really overpowered as a cleric i can take hits from 3 BM's and live like 5 sec
    1 stupid phenoix can kill me in 2 sec so o_O yeah they're overpowered

but actually i don't really care about pheonixes being overpowered
    the thing i have a problme with is THAT NO OTHER CLASS HAS SUCH AN OVERPOWERED THINGIE

give us a f*cking battlepet that's verpowered or an overpowered skill or what ever .

that's all i ask >_>
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Who needs a phoenix? I used my sage spark and 1 shotted someone last night.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2009

ur avatar says you are 87...did the phoenix take away a level from you too? b:chuckle
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    There should be a cashshop soulgem that adds 3x damage against veno pets. lol

Wonder how many of those they'd sell ;P