Phoenixes.

Options

Comments

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Wow This thread is funny. The Skill isn't bugged untill the GMs, Mods, or Devs say it is.
    I got a question about the join date. My account was made during closed beta. I swear that was last summer or fall. Does the join date show the first time I posetd on the forums. If it doesn't then my date is way off.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The real problem is now people have to actually think how they play the game instead of button mashing.

Are you sure ? Sending nix with flesh realm on auto use looks like 1 button to kill any non-heavy.
    Amazing amount of skill required.

Skill is bugged, send a ticket about it.
    You'll get
    "We are aware of this issue and we will look into it to solve the issue as soon as possible" or some variation of that

If it wasnt bugged, what issue are they going to solve?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'd like to say.............
    phoenix's are awesome xD
    if you have a charm you might get lucky and kill the veno before you die b:chuckle
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Are you sure ? Sending nix with flesh realm on auto use looks like 1 button to kill any BAD non-heavy.

You'll get
    "We are aware of this issue and we will look into it to solve the issue as soon as possible" or some variation of that

Fixed for you. Also they just say they are looking into the matter.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Bad? please provide 1 on 1 video of robe/light mage somehow outrunning 10 m/s pet and killing any decent veno.

Classic veno answers:
    "You dont know how to play your class" "You suck" etc etc. placing the problem on the hundreds of players that get almost instantly rolled by this bug instead of placing the problem in the bug itself.

Good or bad, if you take 2k dmg x 3 in 9 secs + 500 per hit + veno dmg, you're done for.

We cant run in carebear mode in the pvp servers, you probably dont know how bad this is for non-venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Cookie - Dreamweaver
    Cookie - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Impossible =[
    Seeing as Clerics run slower then my grandma >.>
    by the time you realize you have a phoenix on your ****
    it'll be too late
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nix is not bugged

ream is

and veno pets dont suffer damage penalty which is retarted
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The bugged skill is deadlier on the nix tho that's why people complain about it, giving absolutely no chance to almost all non-heavy.

WTB> Gennie patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Are you sure ? Sending nix with flesh realm on auto use looks like 1 button to kill any non-heavy.

You'll get

Send a ticket about any thing that you think is bugged even if you know it isn't and your gonna get that cut and past response.

I've yet to see anything official untill then it's not bugged.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    darksnakes wrote: »
    im lvl 88 barb on heavens tear server called SabreSnake, and we all know ur a veno in disguise lmao.

then why does your avatar say level 87? make a new account to hide on and lie about your level. your opinions are voided.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Send a ticket about any thing that you think is bugged even if you know it isn't and your gonna get that cut and past response.

I've yet to see anything official untill then it's not bugged.
    Then please explain why it does same dmg per tick on mobs AND players?
    No other skill deals the same dmg on mobs and players

Common sense ftw.
    Venos that defend this bug lack it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dieho wrote: »
    then why does your avatar say level 87? make a new account to hide on and lie about your level. your opinions are voided.

not really avatar update can take a few hours/days

like how mine still stays im lv 74 but im infact lv 75
  • featherdeadric
    featherdeadric Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i totaly agree with you i hate it that we cant defend im lvl 88 almost 89 and i tell ya i hate it i agree with you but wat can b done???????????
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Common sense ftw.

From what I hear, it's been that way for years on the Chinese servers. Common sense would say that if they considered it a bug and wanted it fixed, they would've done so by now considering the adverse effect it has on PvP.

Also hurting the it's-a-bug argument is the fact that barb flesh ream and other DoTs have the damage reduction. In other words, when they coded up pet flesh ream, if the devs were good programmers and copied and pasted code from the other DoT effects, they had to go out of their way to disable the damage reduction from pet flesh ream. That would suggest that it was intentional.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a bug. But the evidence points to the developers and PWE considering it not-a-bug.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Common sense ftw.

Without official confirmation that it is a bug there is no grounds to state it is, in fact, a bug. You can assume that since it does the same damage in PvP as it does in PvE that it is a bug, but that doesn't mean it actually is, in fact, a bug.

What does it mean if this is a bug? It means that it made it past the alpha testing, closed beta testing, into the paid subscriber version in China, and then into the F2P version there and elsewhere around the world, and in four years it has never been changed. One would think that if it was indeed a bug, that it would have been fixed at some point in the last four years since release, but, then again, even if it is a bug, there might actually be no way to actually fix it.

It just seems odd that if it was intended to have PvP DR that no one ever caught the problem at any one of those check points before release, and had it fixed.

To take all of that into consideration, and then still make the claim it's a bug when all official sources say no such thing is to basically say that PW-Beijing's devs, testers, and QA department are shoddy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To take all of that into consideration, and then still make the claim it's a bug when all official sources say no such thing is to basically say that PW-Beijing's devs, testers, and QA department are shoddy.

Well, they sort of are. Look at all the real bugs that are still in the game today. Pulling monsters through walls, a gaping hole in fb 39, the monster lockup with flying pets, the hole in 1k streams. Other bugs have been added with the new stuff as well. Getting quests before the monsters are even in the game yet (wraiths ploy) for example, and we can all remember the duke rose exploit.

Of course no game is perfect and all games will have bugs, its hard to catch every single error they may make, and some bugs are simply unavoidable or cannot be fixed at all without breaking something else even more. That's understandable.

However with the huge bugs that have been added and the ones that are still around even after they know about them, that does say something about them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, they sort of are. Look at all the real bugs that are still in the game today. Pulling monsters through walls, a gaping hole in fb 39, the monster lockup with flying pets, the hole in 1k streams. Other bugs have been added with the new stuff as well. Getting quests before the monsters are even in the game yet (wraiths ploy) for example, and we can all remember the duke rose exploit.

Of course no game is perfect and all games will have bugs, its hard to catch every single error they may make, and some bugs are simply unavoidable or cannot be fixed at all without breaking something else even more. That's understandable.

However with the huge bugs that have been added and the ones that are still around even after they know about them, that does say something about them.

there are such thigns call patterns omglazorz
    ream does dot fit intot the pattern that applys to everything else therefore the most likey cause is a glitch
    pk rule
    see a veno with a nix kill it right away
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I will just chime in to say that bug or not there really is no reason for just one skill to have the same damage in PvP that it does in PvE when no other skill is given the same treatment. That is really the end of that discussion because it is logical and sound in its reasoning.

However, people are irrational creatures and thus despite any sound reasoning you can bring forth the problem may not be fixed. So far nothing has been done and quite frankly I do not see any signs that they ever plan to do anything about it aside from perhaps the Genie thing (which does seem like a round-about over complicated way to fix something that should be as easy as copy-and-paste from other very similar skills) so further debate on it is really pointless. Even if you claim you want them to know you are frustrated about it, it is obvious that by now they KNOW this already and armed with this knowledge they are going to do whatever they feel like doing...or not doing.

That being said I am not particularly fond of the Herc or Nix in general more for their further encouragement to a very tired uniform character design where expression and creativity are punnished and conformity to a singular build is rewarded rather than their own nature. However, they are perhaps a bit unfair to other character types in general considering they allow 1 person to very effectively play 2 characters at once in ways normal pets could never allow.

Anyway, Herc & Nix are not going anywhere and Flesh Ream is not going to be changed from anything I have seen thus far so the only constructive thing you can do IMO is to figure out a way to avoid them in PvP or get around them because complaining is not going to resolve your problem.

BTW...What the HECK is QQ? I have seen that term thrown around so often it makes me want to stomp someone to the curb until they explain their meaning.
  • AndromedaC - Sanctuary
    AndromedaC - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I will just chime in to say that bug or not there really is no reason for just one skill to have the same damage in PvP that it does in PvE when no other skill is given the same treatment. That is really the end of that discussion because it is logical and sound in its reasoning.

However, people are irrational creatures and thus despite any sound reasoning you can bring forth the problem may not be fixed. So far nothing has been done and quite frankly I do not see any signs that they ever plan to do anything about it aside from perhaps the Genie thing (which does seem like a round-about over complicated way to fix something that should be as easy as copy-and-paste from other very similar skills) so further debate on it is really pointless. Even if you claim you want them to know you are frustrated about it, it is obvious that by now they KNOW this already and armed with this knowledge they are going to do whatever they feel like doing...or not doing.

That being said I am not particularly fond of the Herc or Nix in general more for their further encouragement to a very tired uniform character design where expression and creativity are punnished and conformity to a singular build is rewarded rather than their OP nature. However, they are perhaps a bit unfair to other character types in general considering they allow 1 person to very effectively play 2 characters at once in ways normal pets could never allow.

Anyway, Herc & Nix are not going anywhere and Flesh Ream is not going to be changed from anything I have seen thus far so the only constructive thing you can do IMO is to figure out a way to avoid them in PvP or get around them because complaining is not going to resolve your problem.

BTW...What the HECK is QQ? I have seen that term thrown around so often it makes me want to stomp someone to the curb until they explain their meaning.
    i think it means crying
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

And you still ignore the fact they coded Flesh Ream differently than all the other pet skills, or the other bleed effects.

And that most, or all, of what you mentioned has been stated to be bugs.

Considering they don't write the checks, that they probably don't determine what the dates are to push something out the door, I highly doubt it's a good idea to blame them for someone else's timetables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Phoenix is EXtremely overpowered. Nothing else to say
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    whether or not this is a bug is debatable, but it most likely hasn't been "officially" labeled a bug because if it were, they'd have to fix it, and then they'd have a lot of very angry people who paid their hard earned dollars for a pet that was afterwards nurfed. Which means they would have to put in some sort of rebate or refund for those who paid for them, and deal with people who bought them ingame, and in the end it would result in a lot of lost $ for pwi... as sad as it is, that's the realistic truth of it and I wouldn't be surprised if this is something we'll have to live with at least for awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    They wouldn't have to pay anyone anything. The pet itself is not broken, what is messed up is a skill you must first buy, and then add to the pet. A skill you purchase with game coin @ Mrs Zoologist in Archosuar.

Separate the pet, from the apparently broken skill in your minds please, otherwise your just being ignorant of the real problem and compounding the problem by making people think the pet is broken, when it isn't broken at all.

~S
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    whether or not this is a bug is debatable, but it most likely hasn't been "officially" labeled a bug because if it were, they'd have to fix it, and then they'd have a lot of very angry people who paid their hard earned dollars for a pet that was afterwards nurfed.

How would the nix get nerfed? it's amazing stats wouldnt be altered at all.
    Fixing the bugged skill which you had to buy in game and add it to the nix to exploit the game flaw (you didnt add it by accident that's for sure) is in no way nerfing any pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dont nerf nix its fine
    the ream skill however...
    that is bugged
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In my last TW, I was 1hko-ing most lv80+ Veno's with Sage Spark - which if used correctly, will prevent bleed, and, if you're lucky enough, Berserk will tick a few times in the 15 seconds. b:chuckle
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In my last TW, I was 1hko-ing most lv80+ Veno's with Sage Spark - which if used correctly, will prevent bleed, and, if you're lucky enough, Berserk will tick a few times in the 15 seconds. b:chuckle

that has nothing to do w/ flesh ream. anyone can spark to prevent it (and then has a window of 15s), that doesn't change the fact that it's peculiar that bleed isnt reduced in pvp.
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've heard that, whereas all other bleed skills have a fixed bleed damage, Glesh Ream's DoT is based on the base attack value. There seems to be something wrong with applying PvP damage reduction , when there isn't a fixed damage value.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I've heard that, whereas all other bleed skills have a fixed bleed damage, Glesh Ream's DoT is based on the base attack value. There seems to be something wrong with applying PvP damage reduction , when there isn't a fixed damage value.

guess devs fail at math
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    People keep saying its not a bug because they have not said it is. This may not be the case if you look at it another way.

Most venos that pvp use flesh ream to do it. If they declared the skill to be a bug, according to the ToS the banhammer would have to swing and it would take out most venos in the game for bug abuse.

They won't say its a bug because they can't without being forced to ban a massive chunk of the playerbase, which is of course very bad for business.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91