did rare pet spawn time got **** up?

Comments

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    the reason people say it is because of a venos potential to make money.. its greater than any classes and goes insanely high with a herc ..

solo TT - can be done by a veno alone with a magmite..
    skills - venos need ironwood scarab.. venomous scarab.. lucky scarab.. purge.. amp damage.. and their pet heals.. everything else isn't necessary
    armor - can be pretty bad and a veno can still handle itself fine in pve
    pots - easily replaced by charms and that actually ends up being cheaper in most cases
    crazy stones and repairs.. every class has em.. veno has way less repairs than anyone

i'm not saying every veno is rich.. i'm saying they have the best potential to make moeny.. plus throw in the rare pet spawn whores..
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i just hope one day that venos wisen up and stop paying 1+ mil for rare pets ..

Well myself, I will never buy any rare pet ever. I will not give into their insane greed. If I want the pet I'll tame it myself I already got my armored bear that way.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kiittyara - Sanctuary
    Kiittyara - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well myself, I will never buy any rare pet ever. I will not give into their insane greed. If I want the pet I'll tame it myself I already got my armored bear that way.

same here. well i didn't get an armored bear but you know what i mean b:chuckle
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I'm sure that's an easy statement to make when one has a legendary pet.

There are others who want a rare pet and don't have the opportunity to tame one be it time constraint or whatever other reasons and are willing to pay for a rare pet. And just because someone sells a rare pet does not make them insanely greedy.

Nothing is ever black and white..........never forget the grey in between.

I wouldn't buy a rare pet either but only because I think they are overpriced. this statement is made with a distinct difference. I believe it is the buyers who set the price when they pay for an overpriced item and not the seller who charges an outrageous amount.
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i didn't say it was an honest opinion.. i was just calling bs on your previous statement .. i couldn't care less how much you play or what you do to make money.. i just think its stupid to exploit rare pets like that .. i also think its stupid to be so serious about an in game economy.. all of your talk of "well if i don't get it i wanna make sure someone else doesn't so the price doesn't drop" .. but some people like playing that way.. so meh whatever .. i just don't agree with it

you don't hoarde the money? you use it to buy stuff? no way .. being greedy doesn't mean you keep tons of coin to just have coin..

i just hope one day that venos wisen up and stop paying 1+ mil for rare pets ..

ohhhh i see now... i went back and reread everything and i figure it out what you meant b:chuckle

ok, you see i use kowlin to capture the bear and it takes two shots for a kowlin to kill the bear. right now, it's impossible for me to stop the kowlin in between the two shot. the "duration" which i need to execute the order is about 1.25 seconds. but it's even shorter cause pwi has that bug when a command is stack, it will execute it regardless of future command.

so, it's kinda hard for me to let the bear live. that's why i don't even say i will. it's a possibility but a slim one at best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    solo TT - can be done by a veno alone with a magmite..
    skills - venos need ironwood scarab.. venomous scarab.. lucky scarab.. purge.. amp damage.. and their pet heals.. everything else isn't necessary
    armor - can be pretty bad and a veno can still handle itself fine in pve
    pots - easily replaced by charms and that actually ends up being cheaper in most cases
    crazy stones and repairs.. every class has em.. veno has way less repairs than anyone

solo TT - not at all... beleve me just need to be VERY lucky for have a solo TT run just worth... time farming subs + time just take kill the mobs until reach the boss, squad mode woth a lot more, beleve me i ve tryed and the diference btween squad mode and solo mode is really big, also if i use my subs in a TT squad worth more than solo mode.
    Skills - U forget Metabolic Boost, Nature's Grace, summer sprint, fox form. obviously some skills depends on the build but that is applicable to all clasess, not exist class just learn all skills of their skill tree(i mean all to max).
    Armor - True
    pots - depends i use pots cuz my build is arcane and my HP is really low, charm dont worth in me.
    Anyway, is true just venos made more money just others BUT not much more.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    but 90% of the time you will make the cost of the sub back in mirage drops .. so its not a complete waste of time or a money sink in solo TT

yea i did forget those skills.. but they aren't very expensive looking at ecatombs.. the main skill money sink are the 59 ultimates.. my sunder lvl 8 cost my 600k .. parasitic nova isn't widely used and leveling it isn't really worth it for a veno
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    but 90% of the time you will make the cost of the sub back in mirage drops .. so its not a complete waste of time or a money sink in solo TT

yea i did forget those skills.. but they aren't very expensive looking at ecatombs.. the main skill money sink are the 59 ultimates.. my sunder lvl 8 cost my 600k .. parasitic nova isn't widely used and leveling it isn't really worth it for a veno

Not anymore for the subs. There are almost no subs left on HT. I'm guessing Rad bought them all out at once. Now if you can find any subs at all, they are insanely overpriced.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited April 2009

actually parasitic nova is very very important for veno that aoe grind i use it way way too much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    only time i've seen it really be used is in TW and rebirth order quests o.O
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i'm not saying every veno is rich.. i'm saying they have the best potential to make moeny.. plus throw in the rare pet spawn whores..
    Every class has the *same* potential to make money. I play a veno but went broke in my 40s. I set up a cat shop on someone else's suggestion and leave it on when I'm not playing. After a lot of experimenting and learning people's buying and selling habits, I've managed to grow it into a very successful endeavor. I buy stuff next to a merchant NPC in an area where people get lots of the drops I want (stuff they would normally sell to the NPC). Then I move to an area where people who want those drops travel, and sell. It grosses about 1-1.5 million a day, about 30%-50% of which is profit. That's 300k-750k per day, and I don't even have to be playing to do it.

Any class can do it. They all have the same potential to make loads of money.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ya'll need to over it already. Taming is a matter of luck and skill and gear and potions. If your not lucky, o well. Deal with it. I've been known to kill rare spawns simply because I had an issue with a person at the spawn that was trying to capture it themselves, or their faction, and refuse to allow them to have it. Part of the game. Get used to it and move on with your lives.

And hey, if you have the luck in catching it and want to sell it... that is your business and again, get over it. That is how the ball bounces.

Greed has nothing to do with it. If I was greedy, I would set alts up at the spawn spots and kill the spawns for a few months to jack the prices up. I have 3 computers and could easily jack the price up of the Kowlin, and the Shadou Cub and I wouldn't think a thing of doing it. So be happy I'm not doing that (and yes, I have more than 3 accounts as well.)

~S

I read your thread about people hassling you on the server for your opinions on the board, and think it's silly and taking things to personally on their part.

That said, if the above statements are true, then *this* is what makes you an insufferable *ssclown, and I thank the Gods that directed me to Heaven's Tear and away from your server.

It's a game, and intentionally griefing people for the sheer entertainment value of griefing people is childish, petty and frankly pretty sad. Not to mention the *classic* PK attitude, "You should thank me for not killing you twice, or following you around and killing you wherever you go, n00b".

What a tw*t.

Here's hoping you have a long and enjoyable life of p*ssing in people's cornflakes.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I read your thread about people hassling you on the server for your opinions on the board, and think it's silly and taking things to personally on their part.

That said, if the above statements are true, then *this* is what makes you an insufferable *ssclown, and I thank the Gods that directed me to Heaven's Tear and away from your server.

It's a game, and intentionally griefing people for the sheer entertainment value of griefing people is childish, petty and frankly pretty sad. Not to mention the *classic* PK attitude, "You should thank me for not killing you twice, or following you around and killing you wherever you go, n00b".

What a tw*t.

Here's hoping you have a long and enjoyable life of p*ssing in people's cornflakes.

Red

Did you actually read what he wrote? From what I read of your post, it would appear that you had already decided what you were going to post before you even skimmed what he wrote.

I see you've learned the way of the flamer.

Want a cookie?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    solandri.. what you are saying is that everyone has the potential to merchant .. buy low sell high.. and yes.. everyone does have that potential.. but if you read what i said and what i explained.. they have more potential to make money through regular playing means .. i don't have a second computer setup buying and selling stuff 24/7 and i like to actually play when i am on.. and don't have time (read: don't wanna spend my time) looking through cat shops figuring out what can profit and not

what i said is very true.. they have more potential to make money .. however what you said is also true.. but that is only making money one way.. there are other ways in which a veno is superior making coin though.. solo TT for an example .. throw a herc into that equation and you have real money making ability .. (squad mid mode done solo.. big time commitment to solo .. but hardly any investment required because of no sub.. just repairs and maybe mana pots.. and pick the right bosses)
    edited April 2009
    solandri.. what you are saying is that everyone has the potential to merchant .. buy low sell high.. and yes.. everyone does have that potential.. but if you read what i said and what i explained.. they have more potential to make money through regular playing means .. i don't have a second computer setup buying and selling stuff 24/7 and i like to actually play when i am on.. and don't have time (read: don't wanna spend my time) looking through cat shops figuring out what can profit and not

what i said is very true.. they have more potential to make money .. however what you said is also true.. but that is only making money one way.. there are other ways in which a veno is superior making coin though.. solo TT for an example .. throw a herc into that equation and you have real money making ability .. (squad mid mode done solo.. big time commitment to solo .. but hardly any investment required because of no sub.. just repairs and maybe mana pots.. and pick the right bosses)

?

Seriously ?

Oh, wait! No, nvm I still don't get it.

No really, is there, like, a special loot table just for venos that gives more drops for venos then for any other class? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    apparently you don't understand that a veno with a magmite can run solo TT by him/herself with hardly any charm burn .. no other class can

a veno with a herc can solo squad mode TT with hardly any charm burn.. no other class can .. this means all the drops from these bosses and no split .. therefore more money..

the issue isn't the amount of drops.. its that they can do it alone.. no need to split loot.. i figured that was pretty obvious.. simple math

then again you are one of those forum troll accounts.. so meh
    edited April 2009
    apparently you don't understand that a veno with a magmite can run solo TT by him/herself with hardly any charm burn .. no other class can

a veno with a herc can solo squad mode TT with hardly any charm burn.. no other class can .. this means all the drops from these bosses and no split .. therefore more money..

the issue isn't the amount of drops.. its that they can do it alone.. no need to split loot.. i figured that was pretty obvious.. simple math

Apparently your sarcasm detector needs to be calibrated, and you missed that I was making fun of your post. b:pleased

But since you wish to make a mountain out of a mole-hill...

"Lots of drops" (supposedly happens every single time) / time needed to run TT-Squad mode = simple math (also known as amount of coin/hour which is a speed calculation)

Let me explain this to you using simple terms so you can understand better.

Soloing TT-Squad mode requires lots of time. The hope is that the boss(es) drop loot, good loot, which does happen some of the time, but the norm is that not every time the veno runs the instance will she get above average drops, and there will be the runs where nothing of value drops at all.

All I see in your post is the generalization that venos get lots and lots of good drops everytime they run TT-squad mode.

Next time I'll make sure you understand that I'm both making fun of your position, and that I'm using sarcasm.

Oh, and a "forum troll account" would be using the default avatar, not one that was a created character, although, it is entirely possible that there are no other characters on this account.

Entirely possible.

Or did you finally figure out I was making fun of your position?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    solandri.. what you are saying is that everyone has the potential to merchant .. buy low sell high.. and yes.. everyone does have that potential.. but if you read what i said and what i explained.. they have more potential to make money through regular playing means .. i don't have a second computer setup buying and selling stuff 24/7 and i like to actually play when i am on..
    Unless you play 24/7, you don't need a second computer. Just leave the cat shop up when you aren't playing. I assume you sleep, eat, go to school/work?
    and don't have time (read: don't wanna spend my time) looking through cat shops figuring out what can profit and not
    And I don't wanna earn exp by grinding, I want to Zhen, which is something my veno can't do. But you don't see me complaining about it. Each class has different capabilities. Different things they're good at, and things they can't do. That's what makes them, you know, different.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    any class can zhen ... every zhen needs a lure you just need to make friends with zhenners .. spending my time doing something i don't wanna do in a game is just dumb.. and where was i complaining? i just don't do catshop stuff to make coin...

and omglazer yes i knew that you were making fun of my post.. thats why i defended my position... i said above that it takes a large time requirement but heck some of the bosses can be done afk zhen style with something jammed on your pet heal button
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Each class has different capabilities. Different things they're good at, and things they can't do. That's what makes them, you know, different.

Hear, hear. Tell you one thing though... I get kinda envious of those people that can blow through mobs like they were made out of paper. But, of course, on the flipside... They get blown through as well.

Every class has strengths and weaknesses, and different playstyles to complement them. You don't see many wizards, archers, or clerics dashing into a room full of mobs, and you don't see many barbarians, or blademasters, hiding in the back of the group, and by that same token, you don't see many venomancers doing anything without their pet.

Granted, all of those are possible, I know a couple wizards, archers, and clerics, who blast the **** out of everything that moves whether there's a tank on it or not. I also know a handful of barbarians and blademasters, that
    when the time calls for it, stay in the back row. A good example here is when fighting Suzerix. That AoE will catch a cleric in the blast, if they have to heal a melee tank. That's why, whenever we do Suzzie, we have mage tanks. Mostly me... Which falls under the third category, Veno sans pet.

It's a matter of sacrifice over gain. What do you give up to excel at something else? Do you sacrifice the ability to survive hits, so you can destroy your foes faster? Do you do the opposite? Do you give up range, so you can hurt your foes up close? Do you choose to tank Magic, or Melee? Do you choose to chain yourself to a pet? Do you choose to make yourself a Jack of all trades, yet never good at any of them?

Those are among several of the questions you answered when you hit the "Create" button, and chose your character. What the answers were to you may be completely different than my answers, or the answers of any of us here. But they are yours, and yours alone. If you are happy with what you decided, then enjoy it. If not, find a way to fix it. It's that simple.

And for anyone curious, there are Venos that can't even solo the solo modes of TT... I'm one of those. But it was my decision to make myself the way I am. And, hey. I'm pretty happy with my character. I don't need TT stuff to make me happy. I'll put the effort I would be using towards that to grind money, raise my pets, and make myself some 3 star gear. Is it as good as the TT gear? Who knows. But at least it'll be my choice to wear it. And if it doesn't work, well, there's always someone willing to sell TT mats. I'll just use the money I made to buy it. Or, better yet... I'm in a faction with Venos that CAN solo TT. I don't have to go to random strangers. I just have to give my friends what they want in exchange. And I know for a fact that it won't be anywhere near as rediculous as what the Catshops are asking.

The joys of an MMO, folks. The sheer amount of people here, you're going to find someone who A. Likes you, B. Will help you, and C. Can do something you are incapable of doing yourself. That's a winning combo right there.
    edited April 2009
    i said above that it takes a large time requirement but heck some of the bosses can be done afk zhen style with something jammed on your pet heal button

Heck, I can grind with a barb by hitting a macro, walking away, coming back, loot, move to the next mob rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

But just because I could do that doesn't necessarily make doing so a good idea.

I mean, it's entirely possible to come back only to find you've just won a free trip back to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I agree. When I was lvl 20 or so, I wanted to tame a kitty. however, I could NEVER take it because it was never there. @_@

All Class pets shouldn't exist. Plain and simple. They're useless as hell. All I see players saying is "Oooo look at me I wasted 400k+ on a pet that does NOTHING"....You call that classy? Sounds stupid if you ask me. I could waste my 400k on skills or pots faster than I can thinking of buying an all class pet...

Pets are better off with Venos...nuff said. >.>

welll there are people who are like ooo look at me i wasted 400k+ on this fashion item that does NOTHING. (actually prolly more than 400k, i dun buy clothes so idk)
    edited April 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    welll there are people who are like ooo look at me i wasted 400k+ on this fashion item that does NOTHING. (actually prolly more than 400k, i dun buy clothes so idk)

Do they really say that?

As far as "does NOTHING" goes:

Off Black Star Crossed Love top: 300k
    Black Minoxy Mini-Skirt: 500k
    Black Satin Shoes: 500k

Not having to run around in armor that looks like it's made out of steel lace: Priceless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Do they really say that?

As far as "does NOTHING" goes:

Off Black Star Crossed Love top: 300k
    Black Minoxy Mini-Skirt: 500k
    Black Satin Shoes: 500k

Not having to run around in armor that looks like it's made out of steel lace: Priceless

Steel Lace?????? Sounds kinkyb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited April 2009
    Steel Lace?????? Sounds kinkyb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

Steel lace might not be the best descriptor, but it got old rather quickly.

The armor I was referring to was the Level 4 "of the Rose* Heavy Armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I'll admit it. I've bought clothes. I did it because I wanted a static appearance to my character. Changing armor every few levels, not to mention the quest rewards you get that are really 2 star items from several levels ago, only renamed, makes you start to look like a dumpster diver. Nothing matches, and the stuff that does match, you quickly outgrow. Plus, I carry around some weird gear for the bonuses. I've got a level 4 robe, to go with level 8 pants, and level 7 shoes. I look hideous while wearing that stuff. It may do absolutely nothing statwise, but you know... I look GOOD. I know that it's only pixels, but I have an image I like to maintain. And looking like I'm at the mercy of whoever wants to throw me scraps is not that image.
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, ppl shouldn't totally be piling on each other for their opinion.

In the first place, the poster just wanted to know if the spawn times were mixed up. And a few posts before this one are talking about vanity.

I mean, just post something and move on. Don't start making a rampage to cause attention and get ppl join in. I'm not going to check if anyone quotes this or not. Seriously, since I don't go on forums much.

b:byeb:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009

What a tw*t.

Red

I have actually only killed 1 rare spawn on purpose, but this was after an individual at the spawn spot had disrespected my g/f w/o ANY reason at all (my g/f and I live together in r/l, I get rather touchy when people call her foul names).

I told them they needed to leave as I would kill the spawn rather than let someone like them have the chance at it. They did leave but only after a member of their faction showed up to take their place. I killed the spawn like I said I would.

Under similar circumstances, I would not hesitate to do it again but otherwise, I wouldn't just go out and camp a spawn to kill it for lawls. If I kill a spawn it will be for a good reason. I make enough money that I have no need to 'jack up' any prices of a rare pet, so unless someone decides to get nasty with my g/f again when she is waiting for a chance at a rare tame, nobody needs to worry about me killing a rare spawn.

But if someone does, you can bet that's a spawn that won't get tamed that day.

*edit* And also, I said I could camp and kill the spawns and jack the prices up, not that I would. But so you and everyone else knows this and has no doubts about it.. if I decided to, it would not bother me in the least to do so. I have no need to though so nobody has to worry about me suddenly showing up and killing spawns to be a jerk.

~S
  • sparkalinas
    sparkalinas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My question: What is the PWI time (Raging Tide) that the Krowlin spawns???

Sorry, but this is the only forum thread that came up when I asked this question. I want a Krowlin for myself to help me on quests, as I heard it had awesome skills and strength. The first question asked on this thread never got an answer. I read through the entire thread and all I got was people bashing Veno's. b:sad

Can't anyone answer a simple question?

I see other classes bashing Veno's for getting rich over selling rare pets. I don't sell rare pets, but I've seen many other classes buying them and re-selling at a profit. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Veno bashers!!! b:angry

Can I just get an answer please? I looked up Krowlin in the monster section of the encyclopedia guide by the mini map and it auto piloted me to a place by Kings Feast. I've never tamed a rare pet before. I only know they spawn once a day but I cannot find anywhere listed in the forums for the time when it does. I also searched google and You-Tube with no results.

This is only my 2nd post on forums and from what I've seen I should expect someone to tell me not to macro. But since the original question never got answered how is that a Macro...the thread should still be alive!!! If anyone wasn't following rules it was all the bashers on this thread as they weren't here to be helpful with a question!!!

Also you Veno bashers are most likely the same ones in World Chat begging for a Veno to come join your squad when you need a BH or some Mob you can't kill by yourself. If a veno showed up with a Krowlin and was a success in helping get your BH quest done you'd be pleased as punch as you scoffed up all the drops and skipped away merrily to hand it in and collect all the rewards!!! b:angry

Now...once again...

What is the PWI time a Krowlin spawns??????????????????
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holy 3.5yr + necro batman - inbeforeclose......
This discussion has been closed.