April Fool annoucement= Epic Fail

Options
metalacer
metalacer Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
I think who ever posted that annoucement about the cross faction mounts epicly failed. Cause if you look at when it was posted it says 3-31-09. Now u trying to pull a aprils fool joke one day b4 its actually the first. I laugh at your failed joke and you. ^^
Post edited by metalacer on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    metalacer wrote: »
    I think who ever posted that annoucement about the cross faction mounts epicly failed. Cause if you look at when it was posted it says 3-31-09. Now u trying to pull a aprils fool joke one day b4 its actually the first. I laugh at your failed joke and you. ^^

cross faction mounts?? lol fail
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Metalace - Lost City
    Metalace - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    cross faction mounts?? lol fail

LOL i know they shouldnt have put cross faction mounts. I mean comeon why didnt they just say cross character mounts. I bet who ever posted the annoucement feels stupid.
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    everyone posts it on march 31st its how you be cool.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html
  • Metalace - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    everyone posts it on march 31st its how you be cool.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html

LOL im just gonna take you word. Cause i know if i pulled one i would feel stupid for being 1 day early
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Funny thing is...some people did not read the entire thing and did not know!!!

How much money are they making off of that? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Metalace - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options

There probably making a ton off that stupid annoucement. Who posts the annoucements anyways? GMs? Cause if i would fire him.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There probably making a ton off that stupid annoucement. Who posts the annoucements anyways? GMs? Cause if i would fire him.

Teaches people to always read EVERYTHING....including the fine print!

Besides, the title alone should have given it away..."Faction"....ummm no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I read the title, and my first thought was "WTH are they smoking?" since the only game I know of with faction specific mounts is WoW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    .... RACISM this is RACISM AGAINST THE ELVEs
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

OHHO! You caught that little detail did you?

Well done.

I'm sure SOME....not many to make enuff noise....but SOME ppl,read the thing halfway or some who are not too good at reading english, just look at the pics and went OMMGZOR!!!!>went straight into game and bought a wing for their barb, a sword for their elf....etc etc.

It's a pretty sweet move,by the GMs tho if u ask me.
    I always appreciate the intelligence and strategy of others to make profits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Hehehehe it was a fun trick. But hello, the whole article was way to cheesy to be true; I mean come on "Perfect World International - truly a living breathing monument to the glory of a society without restrictions! Now let us embrace the purity of unity and soar high above the sun speckled clouds together in an embrace of one"b:chuckle. You would have to be pretty gullible to believe this news flash, all you have to do was scroll down, even just to see the pictures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Actually it might have been the 1st for the person that posted the Announcement.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah when maint is over in CA where the headquarters are, its 1 AM >.> APRIL 1st 1am
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    your only mad OP because you got all wet when thinking about your veno ridding that big sword. stop complaining because they were trying to keep the game a little fun (its still called a game right? oh wait MMO) and lighten the mood.

Your sense of humor = /fail
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    metalacer wrote: »

u+mad.jpg
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I got asked about 40 times today about the mounts and know at least 8 bm's/barbs/wiz that bought elf wings. Epic win to whoever
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    your only mad OP because you got all wet when thinking about your veno ridding that big sword. stop complaining because they were trying to keep the game a little fun (its still called a game right? oh wait MMO) and lighten the mood.

Your sense of humor = /fail

I suspect if you had outlayed 20 dollars on a new mount you might be singing a different tune. I didnt get caught by it. I checked the requirements on the item in the cash shop window first. I still think it was a disguised cash grab first, and humor a far far second. Only a complete idiot (and theres quite a few of them in this game) would condone a business deliberately lying in such a way as to boost its profits.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you did see the BIG RED LETTERS below?
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

lol i feel real dumb now. i know i read faction and the btw its april fools day thing but was too exiited about mounts i nvr put it all together epic fail for meb:surrenderb:surrender
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think it is illegal and there will be people wanting to sue or get there money back. its tricking people to buy something off the internet (games count) that is no use to them or what they thought was going to be use but isnt ill look it up. and being one day early means you cant say it was a april fools joke even if it was did GM's or MOD;s who where asociated with this aware of the outcome this might make?
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    lol i feel real dumb now. i know i read faction and the btw its april fools day thing but was too exiited about mounts i nvr put it all together epic fail for meb:surrenderb:surrender

Lol...I think that **** is bordering on illegal...I mean look at the front page.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7901/factionmts.png

And also did you see what they did? They changed the april fools part to big bold red letters and moved it all the way up to the top. When it was first posted, there was a huge gap between the pictures and the words were the same font size as the other text. Can I say for sure they did it on purpose?. I don't know. LOL
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol...I think that **** is bordering on illegal...I mean look at the front page.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7901/factionmts.png

And also did you see what they did? They changed the april fools part to big bold red letters and moved it all the way up to the top. When it was first posted, there was a huge gap between the pictures and the words were the same font size as the other text. Can I say for sure they did it on purpose?. I don't know. LOL

well i am looking it up to see if it is illegal under the conditions im sure it is. ive seen some harmless april fools k=jokes before but this one makes people pay money for a waste im pretty sure it is illegal ill find out and if it is ill wait till sunday to see if they made any good action/s such as refunding or actually making it happen if not ill get some one i know to take action. lucky i know alot of people and lucky im egyptian (every egyptian wants to be a doctor or lawyer idk why but they do) so i can take actions and i will on monday of they do nothing on sunday.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    QQ ALL......They posted that it was a joke....NOTHING ILLEGAL!

It is the fault of everyone for not reading the ENTIRE thing...

This is the reason people sue all the damn time....HELLO ---> Fine Print

Here: IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE...THEN IT MAY JUST BE!!

READ PEOPLE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I suspect if you had outlayed 20 dollars on a new mount you might be singing a different tune. I didnt get caught by it. I checked the requirements on the item in the cash shop window first. I still think it was a disguised cash grab first, and humor a far far second. Only a complete idiot (and theres quite a few of them in this game) would condone a business deliberately lying in such a way as to boost its profits.

A general reply to all those ppl that actually BELIEVED the April Fool's Joke ~ um, can you READ? Apparently not, or you are just too lazy to scroll down and finish reading the post! (And yes, it was April Fool's day in California where the PWI servers are located., so those ppl complaining that it was only March 31st when this was posted, are also IDIOTS! )

As to the premise postulated in this particular post, that the ppl at PWI deliberately did this to make money in the cash shop, are you really that bereft of "little grey cells" that you either:

1: didn't bother to read the whole post, or
    2. BELIEVED it, even after it was clearly stated that it was a JOKE!

To reiterate: Anyone with any brains at all, could see that this was an APRIL FOOL'S JOKE!

If you morons out there QQing about this being a "cash-grab" in disguise had bothered to READ the whole post, if was very obvious that it was a JOKE! (And a very funny one at that; my b/f and I read that and LOL'd) ~

I am continually astounded at the stupidity of some of the players in here, so I am putting the question out there: "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?" You should be at LEAST this smart to play this game! ROTFLMAO!

NOTE to PWI: Great joke guys! I loved it ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    To anyone who thinks they will be able to sue PWI because they wasted money is crawling up the wrong tree. They stated clearly at the bottem of the Announcent page that it was an April fools joke.

All you will be doing is wasting more money on a lawyer just so a judge can throw your case out the bloody window on the basis of you neglecting to read the entire web page of information.

I would laugh so hard if someone actually tried to sue them, then hear about PWI counter sueing for having them wasted time and money to defend themselves from ignorants.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i think it is illegal and there will be people wanting to sue or get there money back. its tricking people to buy something off the internet (games count) that is no use to them or what they thought was going to be use but isnt ill look it up. and being one day early means you cant say it was a april fools joke even if it was did GM's or MOD;s who where asociated with this aware of the outcome this might make?

How is it tricking anyone? If you had used your brain and actually did more than look at pictures (i.e. READ THE DAMN ANNOUNCMENT through..) you would have seen in big bold bright red letters.. that it was an april fools joke. The ones who didn't get it, are the real fools. so.. if YOU bought one of those mounts because YOU didn't do anything more than look at the pretty pictures then YOU are a fool and 'A FOOL and his MONEY are soon PARTED'

Only IDIOTS fell for this. I and my girlfriend looked at it, scrolled down, saw the Ha Ha Hee Hee and KNEW it for what it was.

~S
  • Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear
    Dragnbabe - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I knew it was a joke when they said this:
    "our #1 Priority is to ALWAYS please our users whenever possible"

b:chuckleb:surrender
    4x veno - dragnbabe
    4x poleblade bm - dragnbaby
    faction: Odinblade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    one day...
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    How is it tricking anyone? If you had used your brain and actually did more than look at pictures (i.e. READ THE DAMN ANNOUNCMENT through..) you would have seen in big bold bright red letters.. that it was an april fools joke. The ones who didn't get it, are the real fools. so.. if YOU bought one of those mounts because YOU didn't do anything more than look at the pretty pictures then YOU are a fool and 'A FOOL and his MONEY are soon PARTED'

Only IDIOTS fell for this. I and my girlfriend looked at it, scrolled down, saw the Ha Ha Hee Hee and KNEW it for what it was.

~S

Saitada it wasn't like that for a while. The april fools joke was NOT red for HOURS after they posted it. It was also about 20 enter key presses below the pictures and the same font size as the description.

Epic lulz.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Saitada it wasn't like that for a while. The april fools joke was NOT red for HOURS after they posted it. It was also about 20 enter key presses below the pictures and the same font size as the description.

Epic lulz.

No it was not 20 enters lower. It was close enough that both me and my g/f saw it w/o any problems and LOL'd about it. As for being red now and not then, that is true, it was simple white text, they changed it because too many IDIOTS didn't bother to read to the end of the page.

The simple fact is, those who didn't bother to finish reading and jumped right into the game and started buying w/o thinking about even bothering to check to see if what they bought was even listed as "all class" got exactly what they deserved for not doing so.

If people are going to be idiots, they need to suffer the consequences of their idiocy.

If me and my g/f had no problem reading the entire 'announcement' and seeing that 'announcement' was an April fools joke, there is no excuse for anyone else not seeing it as such.

~S
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options

Epic lulz.

Right after the servers shut down for maintianance....

LITERALLY, 1 minute later...you can go to the site or click as if logging into the game...and....OMG!!!! What is it that you see...THE ANNOUNCEMENTS!

I started a thread literally 4 minutes after server shutdown and it the Red April Fools was clearly on the page.....Damn I knew I should have have photoed it.....

FYI--> The Thread....oh and if u look on page 2.....it was noted about the April Fools Joke being just that 17 minutes after server shutdown.....THX b:bye

~Issue Closed For Me~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.