April Fool annoucement= Epic Fail

Options
13»

Comments

• Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What is illegal? This joke/prank did not involve money. They were advertising an "Cross Faction" mount. "Cross Faction" mounts do not exist.

How does it make people buy mounts? These mounts didn't exist.

If you buy something that says "All Sales Are Final", and you didn't read it, is it the stores fault? Same thing applies here. If you don't read...you're the one to blame. And any person that's able to read, understand, and play this game, has the know-how to read before buying.

If you use common sense, you'll realize that the item posted did not exist.

If you....a kid...contacted many lawyers about the situation and they deemed it to be illegal, then you apparently didn't give them all the information.

I don't think this was a marketing ploy. I think it was meant to be a harmless joke. It advertised an item that didn't exist.

I also would like to think that if someone submitted a ticket stating they bought a mount they couldn't use due to the joke, PWI would investigate and rectify the situation.[/QUOTE]

*sigh*
    they werent adveritising a new mount they where saying that everyone can use any mount(but it showed pictures of aerogear) i dont like wings id rather have the untamed aerogear. if i had the money i would have bought something i cant even use. it DOES make people spend money on mounts they cant use and the mount DO cost real money so real money is involved one way or another. so IT DID NOT ADVERTISE AN ITEM THAT DIDNT EXISTS!! PWI woud not investigate if they did it on purpose. a joke as i said before is different from a PRATICAL joke which involves action. fooling people into trading there mounts and buying new ones is not a "harmless" joke at all. if they did something like "there is a 1 million coin ticketr someone in arch find it" or "your mounts can transform into any other mounts if you press d" or even "if you buy 100 items from a npc youll get one of the new mounts!!!!!" even that would be considered a joke since it do not require real money look up your facts before you go and say stupid stuff like that you just made your iq go down 50 points. b:worriedb:worriedb:worriedb:worried
    "When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
    edited April 2009
    Options
    and for that final thing. first of all you knew what to use this items for before you buy it and you expect it to do what you thought it would Right? well people bought mounts they thought would work but ti didnt. . if you buy soimething at a store that doesnt work you get refund same should apply here. really you have no brain your iq is officially 3 now good luck holding on to them
    edited April 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Guys,

Yes it was a joke, yes some people fell for it and bought a mount they could not use. Out of all this speculation on this thread of "I heard this, I heard that" in regards to how many people fell for this, I can count on one hand the amount of people who have contacted us and said they fell for it and we have confirmed so in the logs. Those people are being taken care of correctly and no we didn't steal anyone's money from the April Fool's joke post. We are sincerely sorry if you fell for the joke as the intention was just playful fun and not meant for anything beyond that.

ok thats an apoligy i take back my actions thing.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    really dumb stuff you posted.

It is the USERS responsibility to check their purchases. Failure to do this by the user is not PWI's fault. Furthermore, anyone that only reads 1/2 an announcement instead of the entire announcement is singularly responsible for their mistakes, not PWI.

Sadly, PWI has seen fit to investigate any claims by the intellectually deficient who state that they were too stupid to read an ENTIRE announcement, and are refunding those claims to them providing they didn't sell off the items if their investigations prove the individual really IS an idiot and can't read to the end of a page or check an item before purchasing it.

As I said before, BOTH my g/f and myself read to the end of the announcement and saw it for exactly what it was. An April fools joke. Anyone who failed to do that as well when it really was not hard to do... is a fool.

Your continued QQ about this tells me that you are a fool.

Furthermore, you know, and I know that you never contacted any lawyer about this, so stop trying to act like your all that and a box of muffins when all you are is a fool. And an idiot. And a future candidate for a Darwin Award that can't happen soon enough to satisfy me.

Sadly.. you will likely breed before you do something dumb enough to remove your genetic material from the human gene pool. Too bad. I would enjoy reading about your ignoble demise at the Darwin Awards website. I am sure you will take yourself out in some incredibly idiotic fashion that will leave us all gasping in astonishment at your incredible stupidity.

~S
    edited April 2009
    Options
    IF I WAS TALKING TO SPOILED RICH KIDS THAT BOUGHT FROM THE BOTIQUE THAN IT KIND OF GOES WITHOUT SAYING, BUT I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU, YOU MORON.

I am 25, I live in an apartment with my own 2 kids and my girlfriend. Not in high school. (high school KIDS <key word) If this rule so "clearly stats any website that takes money from kids and doesn't give them something 'of use' will be SHUT DOWN!!!" than please cite it for us as I am anxiously awaiting to hear from you. And of course first you would have to prove they TOOK your money. Sounds to me like they voluntarily gave them money and confirmed it
    was okay to do, ignoring all restrictions that actually were "clearly stated". As far as giving you something "of use", the mounts can be used. Only by the classes they were ment to be used for. Your flawed logic reminds me of the homosexual marrage argument. "you are keeping us from getting married!" "No, I'm keeping you from getting married to the same sex. You can marry someone of the opposite sex if you would like, just like everyone else."

im not a moron. first of all. and second of all they didnt take my money. and look it up shuggles did annonce a apoligy. im not a homosexual. but as far as im concerned your stupidity is amoung many. 25 and your still playing "kids" games if you really are 25 you would play this game at all. only nerds play thios game after highschool. 3 more years and im done playing. and BTW only a complete idiotic stupid fat guy would sya high school is kid. technically im a TEEN. and third of all these mounts cant be used they way they where suppose to in the eyes iof the buyer. here is a little example that even you would understand.

you walk into a computer store. you buy a computer that was "suppose" to have 300 GB in dvd picture quality.[not very good example but it gets to the point] you buy it and instead of having 300 GB in dvd video qaulity it has 300 GB in microsoft word compacity. technicslly you could get your money back but its not a rip of since it is of equal value of what you could have gotten.\

heres another one if your really a dumbass

you get a phone with a service that says you can get free calls in russia.your family lives in rissia so then you say yes but instead they give you free calls in australia. how woukld you feel? technically they gave you something you could use but it wont help since your family lives in russia so you ask for a refund.

if you dont get the second one your ****. and lastly go to google and then globly website rules youll get the answer. i dont feel like doing more work relooking it up you do it PWI already apoligized i have no reason to sue or shut down PWI good day sir
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    im not a moron. first of all. and second of all they didnt take my money. and look it up shuggles did annonce a apoligy. im not a homosexual. but as far as im concerned your stupidity is amoung many. 25 and your still playing "kids" games if you really are 25 you would play this game at all. only nerds play thios game after highschool. 3 more years and im done playing. and BTW only a complete idiotic stupid fat guy would sya high school is kid. technically im a TEEN. and third of all these mounts cant be used they way they where suppose to in the eyes iof the buyer. here is a little example that even you would understand.

you walk into a computer store. you buy a computer that was "suppose" to have 300 GB in dvd picture quality.[not very good example but it gets to the point] you buy it and instead of having 300 GB in dvd video qaulity it has 300 GB in microsoft word compacity. technicslly you could get your money back but its not a rip of since it is of equal value of what you could have gotten.\

you get a phone with a service that says you can get free calls in russia.your family lives in rissia so then you say yes but instead they give you free calls in australia. how woukld you feel? technically they gave you something you could use but it wont help since your family lives in russia so you ask for a refund.

if you dont get the second one your ****. and lastly go to google and then globly website rules youll get the answer. i dont feel like doing more work relooking it up you do it PWI already apoligized i have no reason to sue or shut down PWI good day sir

Your stupidity continues to astound me. Your a kid. Period. Not an adult. I'm 44 and still play MMO's do some research and you will find that the "oldsters" that play MMO's started playing them around your age (those who are 25 or so now). The old timers like me started playing them when a 286 processor was top of the line stuff, and the closest we had to an MMO was text based gaming like TradeWars 2002 or similar.

Us 'old folks' are the ones who made sure you KIDS still have MMO's to play. We continue to enjoy playing MMO's and any idiot that thinks just because we are 'old' that we shouldn't enjoy doing things like we did when we were 'young' is a raging moronic idiot. Oh wait.. that is you. NM. Go on with your pea brained life, I'll be sure to laugh at you and your incredible idiotic posts.

Shut down PWI b:laughb:laughb:laugh What a flaming stupid idiot.

~S

*edit* I've seen Roaches crawling on the ground smarter than you.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

ewwww. Ur stupid. b:bored
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It is the USERS responsibility to check their purchases. Failure to do this by the user is not PWI's fault. Furthermore, anyone that only reads 1/2 an announcement instead of the entire announcement is singularly responsible for their mistakes, not PWI.

Sadly, PWI has seen fit to investigate any claims by the intellectually deficient who state that they were too stupid to read an ENTIRE announcement, and are refunding those claims to them providing they didn't sell off the items if their investigations prove the individual really IS an idiot and can't read to the end of a page or check an item before purchasing it.

As I said before, BOTH my g/f and myself read to the end of the announcement and saw it for exactly what it was. An April fools joke. Anyone who failed to do that as well when it really was not hard to do... is a fool.

Your continued QQ about this tells me that you are a fool.

Furthermore, you know, and I know that you never contacted any lawyer about this, so stop trying to act like your all that and a box of muffins when all you are is a fool. And an idiot. And a future candidate for a Darwin Award that can't happen soon enough to satisfy me.

Sadly.. you will likely breed before you do something dumb enough to remove your genetic material from the human gene pool. Too bad. I would enjoy reading about your ignoble demise at the Darwin Awards website. I am sure you will take yourself out in some incredibly idiotic fashion that will leave us all gasping in astonishment at your incredible stupidity.

~S

so did i. lol contacted a lawyer give me a break. are you stupid. if you read what i siad fully you would have known i said alot of egyptians are lawyers or doctors and that im egyptian. if you used any common sense of any kind youll relize im talking about family and friends. not a random lawyer that i have to contact. and read my other example about the phone plan what would you do if you where in this situation? what if they said you could but at the bottom of the contract it says otherwise? sadly they gave there money back you said. you really are a overweighted ugly selfish nerd. if there where less [people like you the world would not have war but peace. i believe in helping others that where not as smart as me. i have feelings for others.[no not love feelings] not like an emo like you so shut the hell up.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so did i. lol contacted a lawyer give me a break. are you stupid. if you read what i siad fully you would have known i said alot of egyptians are lawyers or doctors and that im egyptian. if you used any common sense of any kind youll relize im talking about family and friends. not a random lawyer that i have to contact. and read my other example about the phone plan what would you do if you where in this situation? what if they said you could but at the bottom of the contract it says otherwise? sadly they gave there money back you said. you really are a overweighted ugly selfish nerd. if there where less [people like you the world would not have war but peace. i believe in helping others that where not as smart as me. i have feelings for others.[no not love feelings] not like an emo like you so shut the hell up.
    First off child, you stated here...
    it is considered illegal to many lawyers ive contacted about the situation.

That you contacted lawyers.

Couldn't care less if they are family or friends or your terrorist operative cousins. You stated you contacted lawyers. Nuff said there.

Second...

Your a child. Nothing more. The only right you have is to ask mommy and daddy if you can play the game. Your not 18 therefore your parents are the ones who digitally agreed to the ToS and are bound by it's conditions to make sure YOU don't do something stupid. Unless of course your parents never read and clicked the OK agreement? Hmm prolly not. means your in violation of the ToS and therefore technically have no rights at all to complain about anything.

Third...

Emo? me? I'm not the one QQ over and over about something any INTELLIGENT person would have read through before acting on. I'm also not overweight, by any stretch.

And finally. NM that type of hatred doesn't belong here. I edited it out.

~S
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Okay...seriously...? I don't agrue often on forums...in fact, I'm usually the one spreading peace around (Saitada, you can vouch for that, I hope you can recall a previous encounter with me where I was able to quell your flame? ^_^)...but not here.

I mean, come on. People are still complaining about a joke that was days ago? PWI already apologized for this...they apologized! For a joke! They shouldn't have had to, but no...people were complaining so much so that they were pretty much forced to... *sigh* ...and don't even start with the whole "only people under 18 should be playing MMO's". I'm 18, in college, and am having a great time. Classes are just challenging enough, friends are awesome and supporting, and the overall atmosphere of the campus is very positive. Perfect World just supplements that positive feeling. Many of my college friends have gotten into Perfect World because of me, some of them already married with children!

To that effect, I've met a lot of different people on here. I've met grandmothers, single parents, disabled people...all of whom are great people (at least from what I've learned from my encounters with them). Very friendly, and they enjoy the atmosphere of the game. That's what the game is about! Human-human interaction, bridging distances that were once thought impossible! Building relationships with people from other states or countries! I have friends on here that live across the country, and even across the world! People who I know I could never meet in real life, but here we are, mere feet from each other in this virtual world!

I know how you are, Divine. I'm kinda like you. You feel like you've done so much research on the law that you know it all...or at least on this one subject. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, not at all...it's just how you're going about it. You're presenting a mature arguement in a very immature manner...which severely damages its credibility. I understand the points where you're coming from and it is a valid argument, it is! However, Miss--sorry, Mister Saitada (just a little Veno-based fun, there) has his own valid argument for the same case.

I'm not favoring that one argument is better than other, as I'm not here to take sides. What I am here to do is do what I do best; and that's quell the flames of animosity that sometimes arises on this forum. Divine, I know you want to get your point across badly, but not everyone is going to believe you. Some people are just so dead set in their beliefs that it's unchangeable. You just have to respect their decisions and move on to the next person that you hope will understand your case. There are people out there more than willing to listen and understand you, Divine. I'm one of them. But if you really have to resort to name-calling other people...an insulted audience isn't going to care what you have to say.

--Wishing you all the best, and hopes that the flames have died down just a bit, Konari Raiden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Badger - Dreamweaver
    Badger - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    shnuggles wrote: »
    Guys,

Yes it was a joke, yes some people fell for it and bought a mount they could not use. Out of all this speculation on this thread of "I heard this, I heard that" in regards to how many people fell for this, I can count on one hand the amount of people who have contacted us and said they fell for it and we have confirmed so in the logs. Those people are being taken care of correctly and no we didn't steal anyone's money from the April Fool's joke post. We are sincerely sorry if you fell for the joke as the intention was just playful fun and not meant for anything beyond that.

Fifty bucks for Shnuggles's cel number! b:dirty
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    This thread is being closed. It's all old news now, we'll be more careful with our jokes in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.