10hp per vit what's the point

Options
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Cleric
After having 30 vitality since level 38 or so... I really started to wonder the point of it 10hp per vitality point seems absolutely pointless to me, basically 1 beautiful citrine per 3 vit..

So I decided to reset my vit now I have about 340 mag, grinding is faster easier I meditate less, Don't use charms as often dueling other robed classes just got easier.

can someone tell me why we get a weasly 10hp per vit? that just makes me go 'lol'
We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
(Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
Post edited by Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Go do a 1-3 run.
    b:dirty
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There is no point. Get HP gear and pump them full of HP shards.
  • ghui
    ghui Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    After having 30 vitality since level 38 or so... I really started to wonder the point of it 10hp per vitality point seems absolutely pointless to me, basically 1 beautiful citrine per 3 vit..

So I decided to reset my vit now I have about 340 mag, grinding is faster easier I meditate less, Don't use charms as often dueling other robed classes just got easier.

can someone tell me why we get a weasly 10hp per vit? that just makes me go 'lol'

Look at it the other way, 1 beautiful citrine only gives u 3 vit, and it costs 200K...while u can easily get the 30 extra hp by adding 3 points to vit
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    for clerics u should just go LA or shard with hp...
    u guys dont have the pdef bonus that wizzehs have :P

there is no point :P
    PURE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2009
    Options
    for clerics u should just go LA or shard with hp...
    u guys dont have the pdef bonus that wizzehs have :P

there is no point :P
    PURE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wiz pdef bonus won't save their hides when things truly get tough. Plume shell will. For a cleric, putting points into something other than int gimps not just attack but also heal. Cleric's job is to heal, gimping it for a bit of hp that you can get elsewhere anyway is not good. +HP gear are common and cheap, +Int gear are rare and expensive.
  • Corwin - Harshlands
    Corwin - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you loved that 1vit/10hp when you were lvl 10-20ish like me.

when you have all that hp from levling tho adding 10 to 1k is spit in the bucket, while adding 10 to 400-600 does make a moderate improvement. I raised my vit about 1 point every 2-3 levels just so I can take at least 3-5 hits from monsters for when my speed debuff fails or I aggro another monster than I am fighting. 10 extra vit has saved me at least 50% exp of a level (10 deaths, scrolls, etc) and thats only when I noticed my life fell below 100. I might use a restat for it when I get buffer eq and higher pools.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The wiz pdef bonus won't save their hides when things truly get tough. Plume shell will. For a cleric, putting points into something other than int gimps not just attack but also heal. Cleric's job is to heal, gimping it for a bit of hp that you can get elsewhere anyway is not good. +HP gear are common and cheap, +Int gear are rare and expensive.

Excuse me, but gimped? I can solo heal any fb/tt run up to 3-x thanks to my hp. I can do rebirth thanks to my hp. In TW I can't really be killed one on one unless an archer crits me or a barb gets an armaggedon in while plume shell is down, and I can take quite a decent beating if ganked while waiting on some backup. 100 base vit and wearing hp sharded robes. I hardly think of myself as gimped. I do kill slower than you do yes. Then again, the only bit of killing I do is while I solo grind my quests, which take an hour to do anyway at these levels. Rest is party based stuff, be it fb/tt/rebirth/tw whatever. And I do just fine there. I can't wait for my tt80 set; barb buffed 5k hp backed up with plume shell/wings of protection and ironheart is hard to take down. Like you said, a cleric's job is to heal. Hard to do your job if you're dead, wouldn't you agree? I'd dare you to go and try 1-2 as a solo cleric, let alone 1-3. Percussion and Soul Banisher send their regards. HP shards help, refining helps yes. I do all that too. It's just that on top of it, I still have an extra 1k hp, which gives A LOT of breathing space no matter what you do.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wait. bashing vit builds now? what is this? vit build is the only acceptable way to be a cleric after 90, and some level 80 dungeons can't be attempted without at least 3,000 hp with a moderately decent pdef to back it up.

getting 3k hp w/o spening a ton of money at 80 isn't exactly easy.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    When you start doing TT runs ( and even some bosses outside TT ) you are going to run into issues with phys AoE as some have mentioned. It's *possible* to run pure Mag but extremely expensive in equips. TT is going to become incredibly important. Once you pass 80th the Rebirth quests are even rougher. That extra vit with a Barb buff makes a huge difference.

I, personally, wouldn't change anything I did ( ran pure Mag up to 76th ) but I have to say that re-stat at this point has made my job easier and opened more parties in TT and helped in TW. When I hit 90th I'll be re-stating again most likely just because that's my playstyle ( back to full Mag ).

I'm glad this game made re-stat easy. Full Mag makes it even easier. 50pt restat into Vit or Mag. Done.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Randaithor - Heavens Tear
    Randaithor - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    you loved that 1vit/10hp when you were lvl 10-20ish like me.

when you have all that hp from levling tho adding 10 to 1k is spit in the bucket

You are correct, and the same thing applies to Magic...

Your 4th point of magic per level is really not adding very much to your dmg/mana, because you are already giving yourself 3 per level...

Giving yourself 1 point of vitality per level will double your "naked" hitpoints, though with gear your naked hp becomes less and less significant.

Personally I'm leveling 'pure' because its fun... I was doing LA built at first... recently redid my stats to pure MAG and... my damage went up only a small amount (4.5 mag per level instead of 3).

Do I regret my change? no I'm having more fun as full mag, but really going LA or 1.5 vit seems a smarter choice overall.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol, they sure love their vit clerics. Looks like I've stirred up a hornet's nest. It wasn't what I intended. I was just pointing out that one vit only gives you a set 10hp, while the amount of dmg one int gives increases with increasing level. It's an amplifier. HP gear is also cheaper than Int gear. So it's more effective to stat int and make up hp with gear, than stat vit and make up int with gear.

It depends on your playstyle and precision. A precise player can walk the tightrope with less margin for error without falling off than a sloppy player. Extra HP does nothing unless you actually let your health drop through the amount of extra HP buffer, then it saves your life, and means a whole lot. If you monitor your hp closely, and able to heal or throw up plum shell timely, the extra HP is wasted.

In my experience, pure mag with augmented HP only through equip is survivable enough, while providing more attack and healing power, which makes a more potent cleric. The same exact build may utterly fail in the hands of a sloppier player or just a precise player with laggy connection.

Find which type of player you are: sloppy or precise. Don't follow a set formula of "x vit per lvl," instead, test your limits by adding int, and if you find your hp hanging dangerously low too often, add some vit. Lvling is slower at higher lvls, but by then restat scrolls don't seem that expensive anymore. The limit is different for every person, walk the ledge without falling off.b:victory
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    go solo heal 1-3 with no vit.

without +4 robes, all socketed with 3-4 g6+ gems, and a +4 refined pdef necklace/belt, you're not gana make it. that boss hits me for.. 3.6k. light armor can't do it/comes pretty close to death every aoe. luck on their part.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

without +4 robes, all socketed with 3-4 g6+ gems, and a +4 refined pdef necklace/belt, you're not gana make it. that boss hits me for.. 3.6k. light armor can't do it/comes pretty close to death every aoe. luck on their part.

hp shards?

0_o

find lots of gear with vit or pdef bonus :P

like how my robes all have atleast 2 +70 hp or +69 p def :P

sharded with phys :P
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    well VIT does add defence lol
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You are correct, and the same thing applies to Magic...

Your 4th point of magic per level is really not adding very much to your dmg/mana, because you are already giving yourself 3 per level...

Giving yourself 1 point of vitality per level will double your "naked" hitpoints, though with gear your naked hp becomes less and less significant.

Personally I'm leveling 'pure' because its fun... I was doing LA built at first... recently redid my stats to pure MAG and... my damage went up only a small amount (4.5 mag per level instead of 3).

Do I regret my change? no I'm having more fun as full mag, but really going LA or 1.5 vit seems a smarter choice overall.

What you aren't seeing at your level is that Mag becomes more and more important as you level. Round about level 70-80 each point of magic is worth about 15 mAtk. Read 750 damage for 50pts. It continues to climb.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
    edited April 2009
    Options

That's besides the point. Solo 1-3 are for venos. More attack and heal is useful in partying or typical soloing situations for clerics.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    pvp and then you'll realize you need vit
    edited April 2009
    Options
    pvp and then you'll realize you need vit

That's what archers are for.b:victory
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    personally i think int build works amazing. . i wouldn't think your going to be soloing anything on the TT runs. . as long as you have another cleric and some friends you should be just fine

i think everyone makes to big of a deal out of this, grind, make money, slowly upgrade your equipment, eventually when you find something better, sell your old stuff to make a profit and so on.

us clerics will be just fine with out int builds : )
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was full mag until lvl 75. You NEED vit for TW, for HH....the cleric is meant to be vit build. Is easier to solo grind a lower lvls, true, but Vit gives defenses and you need them. Drumlord with poor equip can one hit you almost without good hp.
    Hp barb buff will be based on your hp... if you go TW it doesnt matter how much hard you hit, it matters how much time you will survive to keep others healed.
    Vit build is the only acceptable build for an end game build. Theres no other way sadly.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I was full mag until lvl 75. You NEED vit for TW, for HH....the cleric is meant to be vit build. Is easier to solo grind a lower lvls, true, but Vit gives defenses and you need them. Drumlord with poor equip can one hit you almost without good hp.
    Hp barb buff will be based on your hp... if you go TW it doesnt matter how much hard you hit, it matters how much time you will survive to keep others healed.
    Vit build is the only acceptable build for an end game build. Theres no other way sadly.

Few people ever makes it to endgame. Besides, at that point, restat won't seem that expensive anymore. There is a lot of game between starting and endgame. Someone making a new cleric, who's reading up on builds, does not need to make it unnecessarily difficult for themselves on their way to endgame by starting out as vit cleric. By the time they need to know, they will know, and restat as needed. Right now, they don't need to know.b:victory
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread but... Solo 1-3 are for venos? Did you even read Forp's post? He didn't say go solo 1-3, he said go solo HEAL 1-3. I'll even say go solo heal 1-1 for that matter at lvl60 as pure int. Fun times. And actually I spend a lot of time solo healing TT runs. Less people = more $$

P.S. Veno's cant solo 1-3. They need a 2nd veno to help heal herc on drummer/SB/vipent till they're quite a few levels higher than the required level to open it.

Again, full int is GOOD for solo grinding. But sadly, that's bout all it's good for. Heck I was pretty much full int till 60s then started pumping it till I eventually hit 100. And I'm loving it. I wouldn't call 60s and 70s endgame. Not by a long shot; yet you need the vit to be of any use in ANY party oriented stuff. Which is just about everything after lvl60. DT/TW/TT/Rebirth; hell even higher level fbs make for a much smoother run if a cleric can take a hit or two.

Please, stay full int if you want to. Noone's trying to change your mind. But for the love of god stop spreading the wisdom of the ages until you actually TRY any of the stuff mentioned above as full int. It doesn't work. Period.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What does "solo heal 1-3" mean? The Cleric and one Tank along?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reitetsu
    reitetsu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What does "solo heal 1-3" mean? The Cleric and one Tank along?
    It means you as the only healer in the squad, of course.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i honestly don't think it's possible to survive mirror boss under 80 without 3k+ base hp and at least 2k pdef buffed. that bosses final aoes hit so hard, so fast, i'm not sure how any cleric can survive before 80. and even then, you'd need some pretty epic gears.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's not, that was my point from the start. I've just under 2k def and a touch over 4k hp buffed at this point; he hits me for 3k-ish with the last few hits (with an odd 400-700 from time to time Oo) and the charm doesn't stop ticking. I've been in parties where the 2nd cleric would just drop dead at 20-30% hp even with both of us bbing. So yeah, so much for full int.

Same goes for 1-2 and 1-1 SB/drummer, just naturally scaled down to their level. Impossible to heal alone as pure int unless you're 10 levels higher (and who's running 1-1 at 70 or 1-2 at 80?). Sooner the people realize that, the sooner they'll stop going wtf hax how'd I die when the boss throws the aoe.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Now that you mention total hp, I just realized something. Many people would only consider using elite items and ignore 3 star items at higher levels. Those are pre-designed, so no repeating bonus stats. With at most a single +HP bonus plus gems, which really don't add much, HP from gear just won't be enough.

Sorry if I mislead anyone. But you really should hunt for 3 star items at auction from time to time, those have their values.
  • Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands
    Wtfxxxshot - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    k am vit build atm and hp really heaped me alot so far any way
    these are my stats:
    vit:67
    mag:126
    str:26
    dex:5
    am planning to buy a reset note cus i think i got too much vit can any 1 help me and tell me wats a good pvp build?b:pleased
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I wasn't going to post anymore in this thread but... Solo 1-3 are for venos? Did you even read Forp's post? He didn't say go solo 1-3, he said go solo HEAL 1-3. I'll even say go solo heal 1-1 for that matter at lvl60 as pure int. Fun times. And actually I spend a lot of time solo healing TT runs. Less people = more $$

P.S. Veno's cant solo 1-3. They need a 2nd veno to help heal herc on drummer/SB/vipent till they're quite a few levels higher than the required level to open it.

Again, full int is GOOD for solo grinding. But sadly, that's bout all it's good for. Heck I was pretty much full int till 60s then started pumping it till I eventually hit 100. And I'm loving it. I wouldn't call 60s and 70s endgame. Not by a long shot; yet you need the vit to be of any use in ANY party oriented stuff. Which is just about everything after lvl60. DT/TW/TT/Rebirth; hell even higher level fbs make for a much smoother run if a cleric can take a hit or two.

Please, stay full int if you want to. Noone's trying to change your mind. But for the love of god stop spreading the wisdom of the ages until you actually TRY any of the stuff mentioned above as full int. It doesn't work. Period.

Well yes, int build is really common as in server and all. You need hp to survive pretty much everything blah blah. Vit is quiet useful at lower lvls.As soon as u get TT90z and reasonable refines hp boosts up really quick.Vit build is pretty much useless after that. Even after sage/demon it is a highlight period that ppl 1 hits others but as a pure u could do kill > die easily.Vit build is pretty much useless at late games.The only place that might be useful is tw but if u are skillful enough u could stay alive and kill tons of others more than other ppl.LA build clerics could incounter barbs and bms and they have ultra hps.People always think that being LA has less magics but proved thats not the case. Their weaknesses is caster at late games.People whos 80+ cleric vs cleric plume shots and feathure razors pretty much useless to each other. Is more like a casting fights. Plus as long as you have enough hp magic is more important cases in solo heals and u could do more dmgs to bosses and u cant solo heal wurlord and 2-3 ^_^.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well yes, int build is really common as in server and all. You need hp to survive pretty much everything blah blah. Vit is quiet useful at lower lvls.As soon as u get TT90z and reasonable refines hp boosts up really quick.Vit build is pretty much useless after that.
    Lolwut? Vit build allows to use def shards instead of hp ones.

Pure all +6 with tons of 7g hp shards:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=4954b0f8585808c3

Vit same eq with def shards:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=80fdac8e02189eec

HP is greater by 0.7k and, most important, def is 7k instead of puny 4.5k. Magical attack is 2k lesser, this is 500 in pvp against unprotected target. Not exactly a great difference, good but not great.

Now what about LA? Here it is:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=6d041ad7158ee97c

HP is lesser than vit's, def is a bit bigger but mdef is lesser by 3k: LA have to use def amulets because he does not have earth shield. Matk is about the same, but crit is 9% instead of 2%. So, LA is good for attacking cleric if he does not fear of having somewhat lower mdef; vit is good for defensive cleric (heal does not crit and overall hp/def/mdef is the best) and pure is good for... wait, what is it pure build is good for? b:chuckle
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist