10hp per vit what's the point

Options
13»

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I really dont know what to say if i ever saw a cleric chanelling wield thunder in a TW instead of healing a cart-pulling WB, or throwing a seal to an enemy WB.

Oh come on... Sure if you're assigned a cat puller squad you're not gonna run around nuking stuff with wield thunder. On the other hand, what if you're in a cat killing squad? I find it that multi cleric squads work wonders in this regard, providing the guild has enough to go around of course. Cyclone, thunderball, wield thunder, cyclone x3-4 clerics = one dead kitten b:pleased

And yeah, I'm a vit/hp shard whoar too b:victory
    b:dirty
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Now your talking.

But ill say this, sometimes offense is the best defense. Yeah live a bit more and heal and gain extra time, but again if you can kill someone and do practically the same thing for the team + one less worry for the moment, why not go that route?

And that is called "your own game style".
    Cleric is a cleric, support you team, you chose this class for that i hope.
    But be aware that you can do more if the situation allows it and its what you are good at + you apparently must have a some variations in build to be able to pull that off successfully. And that is what i am pointing out.

Hope you get what i mean...b:cold
  • Kriya - Sanctuary
    Kriya - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    10hp per vit adds up A LOT. Base hp goes up by about %50 by putting 1 vit in every level.

every other level:
    1vit, 4int
    1vit, 1str, 3int

an extra int per level hardly makes a diff compared to int gear and weap. Then again, I cant compare to HP gear. I only use the awesome ***robes i get from quests (which are +int).
  • slutmonkey
    slutmonkey Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Excuse me newbieness. So if the clerics are getting squashed in TT etc if they are not vit builds, how do the mages survive?
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    slutmonkey wrote: »
    Excuse me newbieness. So if the clerics are getting squashed in TT etc if they are not vit builds, how do the mages survive?

They don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    2-3

After you kill the Astrawalker
    look down

go see him/it whatever it is.

then you will see what that 1 point matter of not.

IF you going to solo stay solo and be solo for rest of the game.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you have ever gotten your Hp knocked down to 5. Then you'll know the value of 10HP. I once won a pk fight by 5 HP. And I got 32K worth of DQ from it. Every once of HP counts. I admit to not being a full vit buid(60vit). Reason. The extra 40mag gives some attack power(and heal power). But without my 60 vit, I wouldn't be able take down phy attack players my lvl. Also, with 60vit, I can solo HH.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slutmonkey View Post
    They don't.
    Here are the roles of people in the squad.
    Wizard - human sacrifice; easiest job
    Barbarians - to complain on repair costs and annoy clerics (w/ calamity axes+high HP)
    BMs - to **** off people with their egos(particularily if they have calamity axes; I HATE CALAMITY AXES)
    Venomancers - to **** off the barbarian by stealing agroo.
    Archers - same job as venomancers(aka. useless)
    Clerics - to get kicked around by the rest squad and act as minitank when the barb logs during a boss
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Barbarians - to complain on repair costs and annoy clerics (w/ calamity axes+high HP)
    BMs - to **** off people with their egos(particularily if they have calamity axes; I HATE CALAMITY AXES)
    Clerics - to get kicked around by the rest squad and act as minitank when the barb logs during a boss

b:laugh b:victory
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

btw, that was joke. Every person is special to the squad.
    b:pleased
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Vitality is a must unless you can refine your eq to above +4 (and that's the minimum! hell +5 could be the min). If you dont have the cash then stick your points into vit...it doesnt hurt that much unless you put 1 mag and 4 vit lolomgwtf who would do such a thing?

If you have under 3.6K above lvl 77...b:bye to TT 1-3 and possibly 2-2.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Vitality is a must unless you can refine your eq to above +4 (and that's the minimum! hell +5 could be the min). If you dont have the cash then stick your points into vit...it doesnt hurt that much unless you put 1 mag and 4 vit lolomgwtf who would do such a thing?

If you have under 3.6K above lvl 77...b:bye to TT 1-3 and possibly 2-2.

I have 2,800 or so unbuffed. I do just fine in TT 1-3 and 2-2. Of course my pDef is 2800+ with a BM buff.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    With 2800, you can do 1-3. 2-2 might be hard at mirror boss w/o a bm or wb buff. With one or the other, it's probably do-able but I wouldn't know. I only had 2450 last time I went to 2-2. But I have 2850 now, gonna be close to 3k when I level. I'd say 100 base vit is a good time to stop. Then refines will take you to 4k+ and at that point, your one hell of a tough cleric to kill.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Umm the only aoe boss on 2-2 is feng. And he does like 300 dmg with his aoe under bubble so yea.

1-3 SB however, hf if you're under 4k hp.
  • Sirk - Heavens Tear
    Sirk - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    (Know that I am a Hybrid, LA and Arcane with my Vit still at 5 while im answering this.)

The pdef and mdef gained from stats are not really something to decide vit over. You get the same amount (generally works out to level/4 +1) in the defenses, just that you get them in both with Vit as apposed to just mdef for mag or just pdef for str.

When your looking at the hp per vit, remember to take barb hp buff into consideration with those calculations. You are effectively getting 13 hp per point.

Being that I am LA, i have yet to find a need for me to put any points into vitality. I was able to heal for 1-3 in my early 60s (with BM bell) without dying and am going strong.