10hp per vit what's the point

Options

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    10hp per point is better then nothing, and adding it is cheaper then adding shards and silly high grade refinement.

@Rinnve see the 2k less dmg xD
    b:dirty
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @Rinnve see the 2k less dmg xD
    Not dmg, it's matk that is 2k lower. In pvp there is 75% dmg reduce; also there is such thing as an armor. Against say 30% dmg reduce from heavy armor dmg difference will be 2k * 0.7 * 0.25 = 350.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Not dmg, it's matk that is 2k lower. In pvp there is 75% dmg reduce; also there is such thing as an armor. Against say 30% dmg reduce from heavy armor dmg difference will be 2k * 0.7 * 0.25 = 350.

even then, how i wish i have 300 more dmg in pvp.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    even then, how i wish i have 300 more dmg in pvp.
    Yeah, it's good, but between +300 dmg and +2.5k def i choose def.
    --
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Go do a 1-3 run.

man long thread but this was a precise and clear answer - me likes the way you think :)
    anyway i just wanted to share a little exp, as i was once in TT /HH 1/2 -with a random squad - and at the Drummer guy (i dont remember names, sorry) we were just at the start of his AOE
    we = me - cleric 72 i think,
    -veno lvl 69 (that said i lured in FB 69 at lvl 20 o.O and couldnt lure i catacomb archer......)
    - cleric lvl 77 (full atack cleric , his name and hp say it all)
    - barb lvl 77 ( one of the best kittys i've seen, poor guy had to run around from moob to moob to keep agro cuz sweet veno could not lure right)
    - 70+ BM dont realy remember what he did , mostly DD but he was quiet diddnt even noticed him until he left the party...)

any way the ideea was that we got the lvl 77 cleric in after kicking a "big mouth" lvl 61 cleric out of the party cuz he couldnt heal so he would always get himself kiled( not a problem, until you start blaming your death on others)
    Adn the brave Veno said *** cleric is here we will nuke everithing and nobody will day.
    i saw the cleric jond the party and i turned blue, i knew the **** ... and i also new it was a full atack cleric (aparently the veno did not)
    But i stood with tham i needed the run, and well the hole isee is that
    ERMM i was saying about drummer guy at the start of the Aoe, me <-- BB
    rest of the part DD , after 2 Hits from the AOE cleric drops DEAD, i sec after veno does the same thing b:laugh i almost pised my pants loughing i meen :
    veno - we will not die again, cuz "X" is here
    and he dies... and at the .. soul banisher (i think thats the name) we were like should we do this... i diddnt said anithing cuz i belive i was stil loughing (ROFL) "die at drummer survive at soulbanisher" common what a joke b:laugh... and the run kept going bat after that...
    i know i cant tell a storry but what i ment was that i was able to survine both drummer and soulanisher do to my hp. i have 3.5 k hp with kitty buff, and the other cleric has like 2.x somthing so imagine whi he died.

i want all the new clerics to know what it meens to suport a team and be able to get a few hits than to be 1 hit dead all the time.
    at my lvl i should get more hp 95 in vit is stil little tho i take TT boses AOE easily.

so if you want to be a suport cleric, active in TT, FB, lunar. frost, you might want to think of having more than 5 vit points.
    other than that the pure magic clerics are usualy pvp time and they go on the ideea of "i can kill it until it hits me"

OMG one of my longest post, sorry about that, i hope i diddnt confused anyone and that i helped, and pls if you have somthing to add at what i said pls do so, i can take a gj or a hit b:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    so if you want to be a suport cleric, active in TT, FB, lunar. frost, you might want to think of having more than 5 vit points.
    Might? MUST! I will never go anywhere with full mag "support" cleric, 'cause i was one (not support though) and know how much skill this build requires to survive - and in some circumstances you simply cannot survive (that is, unless you spend a lot refining your armor).
    --
  • Samalia - Sanctuary
    Samalia - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ghui wrote: »
    Look at it the other way, 1 beautiful citrine only gives u 3 vit, and it costs 200K...while u can easily get the 30 extra hp by adding 3 points to vit

200k can be made in 1 day, 3 points in vit will disadvantage you for the rest of your life
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    200k can be made in 1 day, 3 points in vit will disadvantage you for the rest of your life

wait... i dont underastand, you like to spend money on shards other than add vit points....
    either i missunderstood the post either you are one of the "suport" clerics that even used a reset note to lose 2 poins in vit, cuz you think adding vit points is wrong...... and your stats are like " vit : 3/5, str : 30+, dex : 5, mag : 200+!!!
    idk i think i'm lost, corect me if i'm wrong pls.
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Lol cool down peeps xD

And just think, cleric without HP = dead.
    Now the way you will get your HP is up to you.
    Some will spend insane amount of coins and real life cash to get it.
    Others will pump vit.
    And some will mix the two together.

Who is to say whats the better way for someone?
    You need HP period and thats the point.

Tho you can debate how much is needed. If you over do something, you will suffer in other aspects of your build.
    I personally laugh at clerics with insane HP *done with pumping VIT* and low MAG.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Have you ever been to TT as a robe? On my wizard with maxed Stone Barrier (100% extra earth def and pdef), a mag def buff (lvl 10) and 1.7k hp or so with barb buff, Percussion Lord would hit me for almost 2k (One shot me, easy) without BB, and he'd still tick my charm with BB. I think his aoe is earth based. With that in mind, a cleric's mag def buff adds %60 extra mdef and they have no shield against earth damage like a wizard, and his aoe's get stronger the lower in HP he gets, I'm not sure that a pure mag cleric stands a whole lotta chance against him even when sharded with HP. You gotta have some kind of HP buffer against damage so you don't go down and keep the bubble going through his "rage" period. In higher TTs, there are worse bosses than this, so the pure mag cleric's chance of survival falls even lower.

If you don't TT, pure mag may work fine, but if you do adding some HP will help prevent inevitable party wipes. I started going from pure mag to vit build around the mid 40s or so in preparation to do TT runs, and have found my tanks still live through bosses, which is the most important thing. Not to mention, their charms still don't tick 90% of the time or better (while my mp charm is sobbing 'cause I'm beating it like a government mule, lol). All in all, I'd say adding HP doesn't gimp you at all really. It makes you stronger. After all, a live cleric is always better than a dead one. ^^
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I personally laugh at clerics with insane HP *done with pumping VIT* and low MAG.
    Low mag? That's impossible. Mag requirements for weapon are high enough to get quite a good matk. You can pump mag further if you feel that it's worth it, but difference in heal/dmg is not that much to ditch out non-full mag builds. Actually, you can choose what you want. This is what i like in this game: flexibility. You can freely choose between defensive or offensive sides of a cleric, or stick somewhere in between.
    --
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Low mag? That's impossible. Mag requirements for weapon are high enough to get quite a good matk. You can pump mag further if you feel that it's worth it, but difference in heal/dmg is not that much to ditch out non-full mag builds. Actually, you can choose what you want. This is what i like in this game: flexibility. You can freely choose between defensive or offensive sides of a cleric, or stick somewhere in between.

Yeah, but i didn't explain it i guess.
    If you don't buy charms, and you relay on pots, pumping vit every single level is contra productive aka down time. Get it on a decent level pump mag.
    And again when you feel you need more, pump vit again.
    I am sure this would have some benefits b:avoid
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Have you ever been to TT as a robe? On my wizard with maxed Stone Barrier (100% extra earth def and pdef), a mag def buff (lvl 10) and 1.7k hp or so with barb buff, Percussion Lord would hit me for almost 2k (One shot me, easy) without BB, and he'd still tick my charm with BB. I think his aoe is earth based. With that in mind, a cleric's mag def buff adds %60 extra mdef and they have no shield against earth damage like a wizard, and his aoe's get stronger the lower in HP he gets, I'm not sure that a pure mag cleric stands a whole lotta chance against him even when sharded with HP. You gotta have some kind of HP buffer against damage so you don't go down and keep the bubble going through his "rage" period. In higher TTs, there are worse bosses than this, so the pure mag cleric's chance of survival falls even lower.

If you don't TT, pure mag may work fine, but if you do adding some HP will help prevent inevitable party wipes. I started going from pure mag to vit build around the mid 40s or so in preparation to do TT runs, and have found my tanks still live through bosses, which is the most important thing. Not to mention, their charms still don't tick 90% of the time or better (while my mp charm is sobbing 'cause I'm beating it like a government mule, lol). All in all, I'd say adding HP doesn't gimp you at all really. It makes you stronger. After all, a live cleric is always better than a dead one. ^^
    Drummer aoe = physical dmg
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    Sorbik - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Vit is the only thing that stops you from being one shot by EA's.
    Try to survive a hell fury without being full vit.
    Try to survive 2-3 belial who hits 8k damage without being full vit. (And he does random aggro so u cant hide behind the tank (;)
    Try to heal your tank in TW without being full vit.

Wait, you cant.

P.S. Full vit builds use HP shards as well as refines. Going int and then "remedying" it with hp shards and refine is not enough. Clerics don't need damage. Quit trying to be a metal mage. Do your job.

And BTW using hp shards when your full vit is not superfluous. You need every bit of HP.
  • Seraph - Dreamweaver
    Seraph - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Drummer aoe = physical dmg

That would also explain why Stone Barrier would help. lol

I always assumed he was earth because Stone Barrier lessened the blows quite a bit. Though I was a bit stumped when I looked him up on pwdatabase last night and saw he's metal based... lol
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Try to survive 2-3 belial who hits 8k damage without being full vit. (And he does random aggro so u cant hide behind the tank (;)

Wait, you cant.

P.S. Full vit builds use HP shards as well as refines. Going int and then "remedying" it with hp shards and refine is not enough. Clerics don't need damage. Quit trying to be a metal mage. Do your job.

And BTW using hp shards when your full vit is not superfluous. You need every bit of HP.

Kindly take your telling me how to run my toon, fold it neatly into sharp corners, and shove it. I say this in the nicest way.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options

Wait, you cant.

So make a meat bag. Cool.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So make a meat bag. Cool.
    Bypass the entire argument by saying meat bag?

You are using meat bag in a derogative way in order to make it seem like you actually have an argument. Sadly, there's nothing wrong with being a meat bag. Your job is to heal, not do damage. Have fun healing your tank in TW when a single archer can one shot you.

I hope you're never assigned to the cart pulling party.

Then again, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Clerics have low modifiers when it comes to magic attacks. Stop trying to increase your damage... Even full int cant kill WR and WB.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options

Clerics have low modifiers when it comes to magic attacks. Stop trying to increase your damage... Even full int cant kill WR and WB.

Uh...not only wrong but dead wrong. Clerics have the same modifiers as any mage. WB are difficult to kill with any class. WR I've had little to no difficulty but it depends, like ANY class, on if he saw me first. You need to get over the fact that Clerics can actually do a good job at DD and stop demanding we be what you *think* we should be.

I repeat my kind invitation.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Uh...not only wrong but dead wrong. Clerics have the same modifiers as any mage.

Sandstorm: Base + 300% + 4.3k
    Wield Thunder: Base + 200% + 4.5k

Pyrogram/Gush: Base + 100% + 1.4k
    Cyclone/Plume: Base + 100% + 1.4k

Stone Rain: Base + 200% + 2.1k
    Glacial Snare: Base + 300% + 4.9k
    Divine Pyrogram: Base + 300% + 3k

Undine Strike: -60% to fire/water/earth resistances

Elemental Seal: -30% to all magical resistances

Now couple that with the fact that we can't spam magic skills like mages can. You're an idiot.
    Why do people argue without facts?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Because they think they are right even WITH the facts in plain site!

Oh and for the record....VIT!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    After having 30 vitality since level 38 or so... I really started to wonder the point of it 10hp per vitality point seems absolutely pointless to me, basically 1 beautiful citrine per 3 vit..

So I decided to reset my vit now I have about 340 mag, grinding is faster easier I meditate less, Don't use charms as often dueling other robed classes just got easier.

can someone tell me why we get a weasly 10hp per vit? that just makes me go 'lol'

yeah some people don't think. I see the same thing for venos. Citrine is good when you have ALOT of +hp bonuses on ALL your gear and ALL gear is like 2-3 slot. AND you will need to + it.

I saw a veno with nix getting OWNED by a same lvl bm. I'm talking nearly 1-shot. I checked the armor and what did I see? All Citrine. But the gear itself was nice. It was all 3 star and mold stuff with 3 slots. It's sad because garnets in that set would have boosted survivability against phys by so much.

People need to get over the thinking citine owns all. No it doesn't if you are not crazy rich.

-edit- But then again I'm seeing from a veno with a hercs point of view. If you party TT alot then you might need the HP bonus for aoe bosses.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Bypass the entire argument by saying meat bag?

You are using meat bag in a derogative way in order to make it seem like you actually have an argument. Sadly, there's nothing wrong with being a meat bag. Your job is to heal, not do damage. Have fun healing your tank in TW when a single archer can one shot you.

I hope you're never assigned to the cart pulling party.

Then again, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Was making a long story, and decided to say just meat bag in the end.
    But if you want a comment here i go.

So you just say you are right, why?
    I really tried to understand but having HP gems + insane VIT pump does not make sense "the only option you have" kinda speak you are trolling.
    With this you said LA cant live trough any TT even not in TW by your logic, which is proven wrong.
    FULL vit can only do high lvl TT runs, again wrong.

If you get killed in TW all the time by an archer, either you really went in TW full int, or your Faction sucks playing as a team, making up strategies is all but new to you and so on.

Now before i rise your temper even more, i dont mind VIT build.
    Sure why not, live more, nothing wrong with that.
    But like _WillFire_ said, leave it up to us.

Personally i hate the idea of making a "meat bag" character in a sense of a barbarian only with robes. Your lousy attempt on proving a point with the wizzys attacks only made me ROFL even harder.
    Before you say something like that, understand the potential of your class more (thought that by lv80+ you would).
    Sure we cant DD like wizards, but heck i am more then willing to find a compromise between how much HP i need to live in any situation while doing my role to heal and doing nice amount of dmg to debuffed targets.

Living isnt worth nothing if you cant do the dirty job your self!!!
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The level 66 has enlightened me with his wisdom.

I never said full vit is required. Of course you can function doing any build. I said for the most effective play you will roll full vit at endgame. Don't argue with me, actually. Argue with the EP's on every other PW server.

Archers on lost city have +8 weapons. Unless youre full buffed, you are not going to survive two crits outside of plume not being vit build.

Sum of your argument: Throw away the extra vit because, even though it makes you increasingly useless, you can still function in PvE. That extra matk does WONDERS.
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Sandstorm: Base + 300% + 4.3k
    Wield Thunder: Base + 200% + 4.5k

Pyrogram/Gush: Base + 100% + 1.4k
    Cyclone/Plume: Base + 100% + 1.4k

Stone Rain: Base + 200% + 2.1k
    Glacial Snare: Base + 300% + 4.9k
    Divine Pyrogram: Base + 300% + 3k

Undine Strike: -60% to fire/water/earth resistances

Elemental Seal: -30% to all magical resistances

Now couple that with the fact that we can't spam magic skills like mages can. You're an idiot.

Because folks like you are so narrow minded that you forget important things like...oh...dunno...Spirits Gift. Wizards don't have it. Veno's don't have it. Each of these classes has stuff to make up for that deficiency.

Clerics will out damage Wizards over time and can heal. Wizards have the highest Spike damage of any class and have mediocre healing. Veno's have medium spell damage +pets +pet healing.

Most importantly idiots such as yourself never bother to do the math side by side taking all variables into account. I have.

Even more importantly MORONS such as yourself think that this is a Cleric -vs- Wizard thing. It isn't. Mages working together blow the doors off of everyone. Have you bothered to do the math of a Cleric and Wiz working together, debuffing a single opponent, and then tossing thier best non-spark attack against them? I have.

Several here have posted the base math ( including myself ) for similar skills both buffed and unbuffed. Get over yourself and try to wrap your tiny little brain around the fact that Clerics are powerful in DD. Not the *most* powerful...but powerful in thier own right.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Now what should a lv 66 think of this. Damn, yeah your lv80+ you must be like 80 years old in real life and sucked up all the knowledge.
    Well i love to enlightened people like you.

+8 weapons, well then he sure is more then welcome to 2 shoot me with a crit, heck even 1 shoot me. The amount of time in game, or real life cash does pay off, no doubts about it. In any case i would not mind it.
    Tho i do mind you saying "not being vit build"
    NO ONE SAID NOTHING ABOUT NOT HAVING VIT!!!

Your petty comment "Throw away the extra vit because, even though it makes you increasingly useless, you can still function in PvE. That extra matk does WONDERS." is not bothering me, it may works on kiddies. Every one has his one satisfaction in life.

MATK + more MP hmm i think i rather get those with my status points if i am refining my equipment with HP shards. Idk your PvP tactics or experience in PWi or any where else, but i find that every little drop helps, and overdoing it just on one part makes you just fail hard.

Now go play in a sand box, cause you utterly misunderstand what others are getting on.
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Kindly take your telling me how to run my toon, fold it neatly into sharp corners, and shove it. I say this in the nicest way.

WillFire has learn become a Jedi Master of Professional Trolling..

I present you with a cookie
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Because folks like you are so narrow minded that you forget important things like...oh...dunno...Spirits Gift. Wizards don't have it. Veno's don't have it. Each of these classes has stuff to make up for that deficiency.

Clerics will out damage Wizards over time and can heal. Wizards have the highest Spike damage of any class and have mediocre healing. Veno's have medium spell damage +pets +pet healing.

Most importantly idiots such as yourself never bother to do the math side by side taking all variables into account. I have.

Even more importantly MORONS such as yourself think that this is a Cleric -vs- Wizard thing. It isn't. Mages working together blow the doors off of everyone. Have you bothered to do the math of a Cleric and Wiz working together, debuffing a single opponent, and then tossing thier best non-spark attack against them? I have.

Several here have posted the base math ( including myself ) for similar skills both buffed and unbuffed. Get over yourself and try to wrap your tiny little brain around the fact that Clerics are powerful in DD. Not the *most* powerful...but powerful in thier own right.

Because in TW or PvP fights there are no town buffers or clerics present. And in HH and FB's there are also no clerics present. lol@spirits gift equalizes damage between mages and EPs

And Nelae.... no comment. I'm telling you how to play a CLERIC properly. You are supposed to heal, buff, and support. I really dont know what to say if i ever saw a cleric chanelling wield thunder in a TW instead of healing a cart-pulling WB, or throwing a seal to an enemy WB.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Options
    LOL are you that stupid that you cant read till the end of other posts.
    Does it take so much of mental skill? Well to make it easier on you.

1)NO ONE SAID NOTHING ABOUT NOT HAVING VIT or HP
    2)NO ONE SAID "BE A MAGE" DONT HEAL DONT BUFF

You say:
    1)HEAL, NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO

*And now you added WT, our most powerful attack, rendering it useless???
    Ill heal you DUMB NOOB.
    But as you say "or throwing a seal to an enemy WB." then what, wait till he gets kill by some one who does not notice that he cant move, or wait till he breaks of and goes after me and kills me??

By those words, you say. TW = no team work. No one will jump in to help seeing you attack some one, and that its like a random duel or random backstabing PK.
    Even more you are saying that you wont scratch someones HP making him an easy target for your teams WIZARD OR YOUR TEAMS ARCHER.
  • Sorbik - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm saying that for every second your not alive your not healing your cart puller.

Therefore, more survivability for you = more survivability for the WB.
    More survivability for WB = catapult stays up longer.

If i can stay alive 10 seconds longer than you, that gives me enough time to use plume shell again. that's another 20 seconds ive bought. 30 seconds more time than you. 30 Seconds extra the catapult is hitting the crystal.