Factionless

Options

Comments

• SilverTease - Heavens Tear
    SilverTease - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    my point being this:

i respect everyone's decision to be factionless, or in a strong TW faction. Thing is... PW requires a team-work in order to get quests done, good items and so on. Shouldn't say NO to all factions without trying it for a while, even having someone to talk to while grinding can make a big difference. (LadyVvall please ignore the talking part) From what i've read so far in this thread, non of those who are currently guildless ever tried a faction in Perfect World. Give it a try before you state you don't like factions. The community system is different in each game. You can't hate or not like something before you try it at least once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Attitude Marshal ~
    b:pleased I love my Neph b:pleased
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You know what else, there are at least 5 ppl I know thats factionless because they have such bad attitudes that they are constnatly kicked from factions. So anytime I see a lvl 60+ player with no faction I'm thinking to myself "he/she probably has some attitude problems" I'd talk to them and ask them general questions about why they are factionless etc etc and normally my original suspicion is confirmed.

Why do ppl play MMO's when their arguments are "I just like being alone and doing my on thing" Why don't you go play one of the many offline mmo's like morrowind/diablo/etc?

Its just like the players that refuse aquad invites because they dont want to share exp, as if it actually shares 50/50.. stoopid.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah you're better than everyone in a guild. We understand.
    That is a very arrogant statement. Your assuming everyone plays for the same reasons you do. Your assuming everyone thinks as you do, and your assuming your viewpoint on playing a game is the only possible correct viewpoint.

Your wrong.

100% wrong.

I have several friends that are not in factions. They dislike the drama, they dislike the ego's and they dislike having ANYONE try to tell them they can't group or squad with anyone they want to, simply because they are in an 'enemy' faction.

They prefer to do most things by themselves and when they do need help they ask a small number of people for that help. People they have learned that don't care what faction your in or not in, but see the person and enjoy the time they squad or group up together w/o all the drama and BS that goes on in factions.

Don't assume you know what anyone is thinking when they choose to remain factionless. Chances are.. you will consistently be wrong.

~S
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    SilverTease I understand your point of view, but I do play with other peoples -> Those on my friend list. I don't need, nor do I want to be in a faction. That's it, that's all.

By the way, yeah I was in a faction but they changed to Sanctuary server when I was about level 25-30. It wasn't any different than just having friends.

The ONLY thing I'm missing is the TW, but I'm not really high level enought for it anyway.

- Amy
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I feel the same way a little bit. I keep getting faction requests also and don't want to join one. It is nicer to get the ones who send a whisper and ask. Then I can just say, no thanks don't want to join a faction, rather than to click no and have them request again.

I have many of the same reasons as were mentioned here, don't like the drama, don't want to feel pressured to be active if I get bored with the game, and don't want to feel left out if there is a close knit group within the faction that don't know me very well, (My feelings get hurt very easily) but I also am choosy who's name I am willing to represent. I don't want to have some silly name over my head, nor advertise that I belong to a group of people who may be nice to me, but jerks to others. It makes the whole faction look bad and the less people that know me, the less people can hate me and hurt me. b:victory

I use to play another game and made my own guild so people would stop asking me. I was alone in it for about 6 months until I met a really nice person who wanted to be with me. He soon wanted more of his friends to join and within two months it grow and made it high on the top guilds list. I felt uncomfortable in my own little world, so I quit playing and came here. b:chuckle

Its even hard for me to want to talk on the forum there is so much anger and flaming. I usually just come to find answers. I know I wont be as good as someone who has had the faction experiences, but I can just enjoy the game a little slower and feel more at ease. b:pleased

Did they change the interface? Last time I checked, you could check to ignore squad invites and trade requests but not faction invites. If they have fixed this silly oversight, then hooray.

I had looked for that too, and no such luck. I think they should make a check button for that as well.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Some people choose to be loners due to bad experiences. I have have bad experiences in all my guilds but the hope of finding good guildmates keep the guild momentun going.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That is a very arrogant statement. Your assuming everyone plays for the same reasons you do. Your assuming everyone thinks as you do, and your assuming your viewpoint on playing a game is the only possible correct viewpoint.

Your wrong.

100% wrong.

I have several friends that are not in factions. They dislike the drama, they dislike the ego's and they dislike having ANYONE try to tell them they can't group or squad with anyone they want to, simply because they are in an 'enemy' faction.

They prefer to do most things by themselves and when they do need help they ask a small number of people for that help. People they have learned that don't care what faction your in or not in, but see the person and enjoy the time they squad or group up together w/o all the drama and BS that goes on in factions.

Don't assume you know what anyone is thinking when they choose to remain factionless. Chances are.. you will consistently be wrong.

~S

You are generalizing factions. You say all guilds have meaningless drama. Some factions don't like to cause trouble but this "drama" everyone keeps talking about is just what happens when people interact. Happens in the real world too you know?

But usually it's the high lv guildless people who will join a guild for one day then the FIRST time something doesn't go thier way, wheather it be a boss drop or someone helping with something, they immediately get pissed off and leave. They swear that all factions suck and theres no use being a part of one. I got a strong feeling that most guildless folks posting in this thread are like that.
  • Amy_Nailo - Lost City
    Amy_Nailo - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You are generalizing factions. You say all guilds have meaningless drama. Some factions don't like to cause trouble but this "drama" everyone keeps talking about is just what happens when people interact. Happens in the real world too you know?

But usually it's the guildless people who will join a guild for one day then the FIRST time something doesn't go thier way, wheather it be a boss drop or someone helping with something, they immediately get pissed off and leave. They swear that all factions suck and theres no use being a part of one. I got a strong feeling that most guildless folks posting in this thread are like that.
    And you are generalizing factionless people.

- Amy
  • Erado - Heavens Tear
    Erado - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    like any generalization, it holds a grain of truth though...

But i dont quite see the whole point of the discussion here, things in life arent ever only black or white, and its the same ingame.
    Some ppl stay factionless because they enjoy it, some ppl because they dont fit in with other ppl well, and yet other ppl just dont know any better.

that doesnt mean all factionless players are noobs, or anything negative like tht, but a few actually are, thats where the generalization comes from really since negative things stick, positive things wont
    The same idea goes for factions too.

But aside from all that, ive never understood the idea of spamming guild invites... its the best way to not make someone join your guild b:chuckle
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I think that, as with many other subjects, this is one where we should avoid generalizations. I am myself factionless and really don't care for people that would judge me as having a bad attitude or being noobish because of it. I know how to do my job in a squad; i try to keep an eye on the cleric and keep the barb sparked at all times, i time using my pet's skills, i use amp dmg on bosses, i pull fast... You'd be surprised at how many venos with a faction monicker under their names i've seen fail at doing this, and simply run through an instance as nothing more than weak damage dealers. As an independent i'm fully aware that performing on the job is the only way i can make sure i'll get future invites for TT runs and fbs. I'll grant you i'm unexperienced at TW and pvp, but i would hope that if i ever were to join a faction i would receive encouragement and advice to improve in this areas.

I choose not to be in a faction, i very much enjoy having new adventures with diferent people whenever i log on. It's my playing style, doesn't mean that i don't have friends ingame. While i'm hardly flooded with faction invites i do get my fair share. I make sure to always thank people who ask me to join as i understand that factions are an important part of their experience and realize i'm being asked to share in this with them. Ninja invites do irritate me.

I would not have made it to even the low level i'm in without help, and factions have been a part of that. I always try to be helpful to the members of guilds that have helped me in the past and can even boast to have good relations with a couple of factions. That i
  • Kristiona - Heavens Tear
    Kristiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This could all be solved if the dev's would put a option in to block faction invites like there is to block random group invites.

kristiona
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    LadyVvall - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol @ all the complaining in this thread. I seriously doubt a lv 64 and 66 on the old server are getting these "OmFg MassIVe InViteSSSS 24/SEVEN!11!1". You probably aren't even geared properly.

Bottom line...if you don't want invites then you can turn it off in the options. Problem solved.

And for the most part, guilds that keep the drama going never last long. With the biggest guilds, there is ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING going on though. Thats just part of the game, you can't always control the drama that goes on. But the benefits of being in a big faction outwiegh the negatives. You all would know that if you guys took the time to try it out instead of generalizing.

So..what does being geared properly have anything to do with the topic? I am generally confused, not just being pissy.
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, now I have to say this before I'm totally done with the thread I made. I find it funny how everyone has their complaints, and it's ok for them to complain. But for another person to state a complaint "OMG how dare you" or "what a noob". Good grief, how about you let someone complain, and quit flaming anyone who has an opinion. It's sad.

Also, I don't like people. I am a very opinionated person, and I know that, so I would think people would be grateful for the fact that I'm not in their faction. I never learned to deal with people "properly". It's the way it is. Again I find it sad that some of you posting are offended by that. Also, a bit off topic I know, Why is noob such an insult? Everyone was a noob at some point. Seriously.

Anyway thanks for reading and posting opinions, rude or not.
    I don't like people. The sooner you can accept that, the sooner we can all go on with our insignificant lives.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Your wrong.

100% wrong.

~S

i actually agree with you ^^
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Also, I don't like people. I am a very opinionated person, and I know that, so I would think people would be grateful for the fact that I'm not in their faction. I never learned to deal with people "properly". It's the way it is. Again I find it sad that some of you posting are offended by that. Also, a bit off topic I know, Why is noob such an insult? Everyone was a noob at some point. Seriously.

Anyway thanks for reading and posting opinions, rude or not.

*Yawn*...proved my point exactly. Most factionless mid-high lvls are the ones that cause the problems and then leave the day after they are joned in.

Please don't make anymore threads like this. You're the one with the problem.
  • Esty_bank - Sanctuary
    Esty_bank - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    This could all be solved if the dev's would put a option in to block faction invites like there is to block random group invites.

kristiona

THIS!

Try being a barb or a cleric on a new server.. Holy f#@% its like a faction invite every 5 minutes. Gets so annoying when you are doing something then you see a random "!" on your screen..
    If I type ******* it means Kingdom. Nothing else. Any other dirty meaning is in your mind, not mine.

Pervert.

If I type Kingdom, it's probably something pretty dirty though. Dirtier than what you were thinking, for sure.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Factions can be helpful, yes, and convenient. We understand that, but we ALSO understand they can be full of useless obnoxious drama. Part of which stems from grudges against other factions. Maybe we want to have friends from all different factions and no one can be mad because we don't have to be "loyal" and not talk to "enemies"

wait theres faction drama on sanct? tell me moar cuz im completely not aware of this. i know small factions pretty much keep to themselves there isnt any of that going on.

hi, you have joined ___. our average level is 40, we're here to have fun, we like fbs, we take newbies and help them learn the game, and we HATE NEFARIOUS. if you ever deal with a member of nefarious you are scum and will be kicked out immediately!

not likely...its not likely that 2 small factions would hate each other either.

if you dont want drama, thats fine, but im just saying its not what you think

btw still wondering what the faction drama is about, if there is any at all.
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My faction has a grand total of 0 "active" clerics b:sad and I'm the only barbarian therefore I been given the title "tank". b:chuckle Anyways I won't spam anyone to join me unless they have cookies.... b:pleased
  • Havard - Harshlands
    Havard - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, now I have to say this before Why is noob such an insult? Everyone was a noob at some point. Seriously.

I figured I'd jump into this conversation to shed some light on this. Noob is an insult because it means "one who is ignorant or foolish with a blind conviction of his own superiority." In contrast, a newb is "a new player who may act inexperienced or ignorant." All of us were newbs at one point, but not all of us have been noobs.

In regards to the topic at hand, I reinforce the idea that people can and should be able to play the game for their own reasons. I think there are benefits and fun to be had in factions, however it is quite ignorant to characterize the entirety of factionless players based on the experiences regarding a few.

It is bad manners to invite someone to a group or faction without talking to them first; as someone pointed out previously it is a turn-off when players act in this way to solicit their faction. Acting in this manner will get you ignored, and being ignored for being rude to another is not evidence of a snobbish personality.

Personally, I'm factionless. This is because I have just started a character and I'm only level 14. I intend to stay factionless until I can make an educated decision about a faction -- I want a faction that meets my needs as a player, not just the first one that comes along! There are many benefits to being without a faction also: meeting new people, and not being immediately stereotyped are a few people have already mentioned.

In summary, there are benefits to having a faction and not having a faction. Perhaps one set of benefits outweighs the other, but don't be ignorant and generalize everyone but you as noobs. =)
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    *Yawn*...proved my point exactly. Most factionless mid-high lvls are the ones that cause the problems and then leave the day after they are joned in.

Please don't make anymore threads like this. You're the one with the problem.

I understand where you are coming from, but you see, I don't cause problems, in fact I avoid causing problems, which in fact is why I am factionless. I don't understand why you must think you know everything about me or anyone else who is factionless, let alone be rude. I'll be honest, it's people who act like you are now that really make me not like people, which in turn is part of why I don't join a faction. So, I thank you for shedding light on what I was talking about. :) Also, last I checked I can make a thread about anything PWI related. So if you don't like it, do yourself a favor and don't read it. If you don't read it you cannot be bothered by it. If you aren't bothered by it you won't waste your time posting.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    isn't it worse for you to stay, then?

is the fact that our lives are insignificant enough to think life must be always insignificant?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • LadyVvall - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    isn't it worse for you to stay, then?

is the fact that our lives are insignificant enough to think life must be always insignificant?

Aww I don't want my siggy to be insulting to anyone. So to kind of explain it then, insignificant in a way that in all actuality our individual lives in the grand scheme of things are insignificant. I have a hard time saying what I'm actually meaning, that goes back to never learning how to deal with people "properly", but please don't be offended by the siggy. I have flaws, plenty of them, and I am aware of them. I think everyone should be aware of their own flaws, and a major one of mine is my general relationship with people. Luckily for me, I found a man several years ago that while he doesn't always understand or agree with me, he accepts me.

I don't want people to think I'm unaccepting or hateful, though I may come across that way. But really and truly it doesn't matter what I want because people will think what they want no matter what.
  • Havard - Harshlands
    Havard - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I can't help but point out how funny it is that King Solomon (the original one) wrote a whole book about life feeling meaningless.

The philosophy of life being significant is way off topic though. (Plus the comment about insignificant lives is in LadyVvall's signature, not a comment added to the discussion.) =P
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I guess you both took my last reply as some sort of sarcasm. or maybe this is not my day...

and no, lady, I weren't offended in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I spent 200k(?) to keep players from constantly inviting me to their factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Spent 8-10 hours away from this thread, so apologies for responding to something a few pages back.
    Lol @ all the complaining in this thread. I seriously doubt a lv 64 and 66 on the old server are getting these "OmFg MassIVe InViteSSSS 24/SEVEN!11!1". You probably aren't even geared properly.
    At Lv66 most of my grinding and quests are done around Whetstone Keep, and on at least a third of my visits to town, I'm asked at least once. Not even joking.

I love the "geared properly" line, though. Thanks for reminding me that there's only one way to play a video game. Damn me, I keep getting the impression that an MMO is what I make of it, instead of there being a "proper" way to do everything. Sorry, won't happen again. >_>
    Bottom line...if you don't want invites then you can turn it off in the options. Problem solved.
    Really? You'll have to tell me where that option is, then, because I've never seen it. As a matter of fact I've asked for this option to be added in the Suggestions board, and it was added to the big thread by a mod later. :P
    And for the most part, guilds that keep the drama going never last long. With the biggest guilds, there is ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING going on though. Thats just part of the game, you can't always control the drama that goes on. But the benefits of being in a big faction outwiegh the negatives. You all would know that if you guys took the time to try it out instead of generalizing.
    And do you believe that if people realized this, they'd all be flocking to factions begging to be in them? Clearly they are not, so either a sizeable population of the game are idiots or maybe they're on to something you're not.

Specifically: Yeah, even the good factions have some drama, and yeah, usually it wouldn't be enough to choke the fun out of the game for its members. I absolutely agree with you on that point. But that still doesn't mean that factions are for everyone. Being factionless isn't all about hating drama, though that's certainly a part of it... it's about willfully choosing to say "no thanks" to the benefits of a faction, for whatever reasons the individual may have.

I outlined my own a few pages back... explaining why, for me, the negatives of faction play outweigh the benefits. For you, I'm sure it's different, but to each his own. The only problem I have is, that the factionless are generally respectful of each person's choice to be in a faction or not, whereas there are a few particularly vocal faction supporters who choose to spread this dogma that faction life is the only way to "properly" play this game. It's completely idiotic, I resent it, and I know I'm not the only one.

On the other side of things, 95% of faction invites I get don't include that particular dogma. Hence, I'm respectful to them. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You know what else, there are at least 5 ppl I know thats factionless because they have such bad attitudes that they are constnatly kicked from factions. So anytime I see a lvl 60+ player with no faction I'm thinking to myself "he/she probably has some attitude problems" I'd talk to them and ask them general questions about why they are factionless etc etc and normally my original suspicion is confirmed.

Why do ppl play MMO's when their arguments are "I just like being alone and doing my on thing" Why don't you go play one of the many offline mmo's like morrowind/diablo/etc?

Its just like the players that refuse aquad invites because they dont want to share exp, as if it actually shares 50/50.. stoopid.

Well people can play solo yet still enjoy the unpredictable element of having other players populating the game world,just because you don't socialise much online doesn't mean you cant still enjoy being in the world with other people,another game i played i was basically a lone wolf pker,barely talked to anyone but still enjoyed it far more testing my wits against real people rather than computer controlled characters.

Though for the op,in the 70's and 80's you're really going to need a good faction for the much harder squad based quests and the start of endgame content if it interests you.

I was factionless until my 60's thought i didn't need anyone,until i realised how much of the game i was missing out on.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The "me against the world" argument has some merit to it, I must admit I never thought of it that way. Well thats a lie, I have - I think everyone has.
    However; most of us come to the conclusion: "other players in guilds are all leveling way faster than me, they have incredibly good gear and everytime I kill them they call 3-4 of their guildmembers to back them up" Its almost impossible to compete with factions at lvl 70-80+. Very few players are going to help you do a TT run for mats out of the goodness of their hearts, the repair bills and time spent on a 2-2 run for example is insane.

So here is a free tip from me to all your guildless guys/gals. Take advantage of your lonewolfing nature and create a guild called "Guildess" this way you can draw on the members when you absolutely need something (TT/TW/Boss) and the rest of the time you can happily be a e-hermit :P Just dont click on the faction chat ever and use the pm system if u need to contact a fellow "guildless" person XD
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh my god, there are a **** load of Emo's on this game.
  • JiHuwing - Heavens Tear
    JiHuwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm here to spread some love into the angry thread of factionlessness. <333
    I agree with LadyVvall, being factionless does not show that youre a noob, and i disagree with King_Solomon. its not JUST Clerics that are in high demand. its not like its only clerics that help the faction with things. (is a cleric but fighting for non clerics *does a dance for non clerics*)
    ive been in like... too many factions and anyone that knows me on Heavens Tear will tell you that im a guild hopper. so what. ive been in too many factions that have died horribly. Avengers being one. dunno why it died, but im guessing DRAMA. so if you dont like the Drama Lamma, and dont like factions, WHO CARES. go factionless. and frakin people stop complaining. if youre in a Drama Lammaless faction and you like it, WHO CARES. stay in it. personally, i just want to PK everyone <3333
    Just when you thought Light Armor on a Cleric was too much... 7% crit though FTW b:victory