Cleric out damage mages lol - again

13»

Comments

• Prof - Harshlands
    Prof - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Clerics have a +60% magic defence due to Magic shell, which would be complete counter to undine strike
    if that's your argument, then the mage still wins because the opponent will still have 20% more magic defense, a mage would have completely erased that bonus from history.
    Using Chi pots is not valid, It is not a cleric/mage ability.
    it's not exclusive to any character in the game, it's free to use whenever. you can't simply ban something because you don't agree with it. either way, without it, you still lose.
    What?
    i was adding your debuff to a mage. a cleric would -30% with elemental seal, then -10% with demon wield thunder(impossible to get right now), that's -40%. undine strike is -60%. mage wins.
    But then again if we are looking at a cleric versus wizard duel.. what kinda cleric uses magic on a wizard? anyway..
    you.
    Pointless thread no?
    yes, very pointless. now you know a cleric can never out damage a mage.
  • slutmonkey
    slutmonkey Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hmm so how about working together. For example if there is a mage and a cleric both FAC in the same group nuking and debuffing stuff, are they going to do more damnage as a team than two mages, or two FA clerics?

I don't know the answer. But personally I would prefer to have one of each for the skills they have (stun/sleeps) backup heals.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    there's no such thing as a fac.
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If you are talking dps, clerics can't even use magic skills non-stop. If you are talking spike dmg, wizards are way better anyway because of their ulties.
    Oh, and btw, the debuffs of clerics cannot compare to undine strike, and cleric spike dmg cannot compare to sutra skills.
  • Pr___johnny - Sanctuary
    Pr___johnny - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok I am a real 99% Cayeon FAC.
    ~I can say that clerics do not outdamage wizzards, but have heals and better combos. =====> survive better
    *bla bla bla* If u chromatic seal a wizz, u debuff him, spark, it takes me 3 plume shots to bring him down. (me lvl 56, him lvl 59 with a lot of vit). u cant say i won cos he had vit instead of attack cos he barely attacked me twice (with fast attacks, didnt had time to cast me good ones), and if i want i can stunn him before he casts his attack and he wont eaven get to attack me. no need of tempest, 3 plume shots with spark r enough.
    We had a lot of fun and he showed me he could kill me 1 shot damn he did (his skill had 80% chance of crit). so he outdamages me but i have more cahnces to survive thanks to my sleeps and stunns.
    Works same on clerics ,dot get scared when they start healing, u still outpwer the heals.
    This does not work on barb, barbs need to be applied a phisical class strategy wich is hard at lower lvls.
    bla bla bla can go on and on bla bla bla

~CONCLUSIONS: -wizzards r better DD
    -clerics r better survivers (thanks to cool skills)
    -all classes have theyr strong and weak spots
    -no class is inferior to others
    -this game powns

please dont start arguing didnt say anything offending and not true.

Wizzards pown
    Clerics pown
    Barb pown
    BM pown
    Venos Pown
    Archers pown
    Chewi uberpowns
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    you wish .
    Actually, barbs can get some insane spike damage.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Can we just let this whole cleric vs wizard thing die people?Seriously,it's getting old.

Edit: oh hell,just realised this topic was necro'd -.-
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hah, well Barb's outdamage EVERYONE!

True Story lol b:laugh
  • kimiru
    kimiru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    one thing different

Melee classes are suck at endgame period
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it's not exclusive to any character in the game, it's free to use whenever. you can't simply ban something because you don't agree with it. either way, without it, you still lose.

If you have to rely on apothecary to come out in front of a classes abilities then... go buy some apoth noob.
    i was adding your debuff to a mage. a cleric would -30% with elemental seal, then -10% with demon wield thunder(impossible to get right now), that's -40%. undine strike is -60%. mage wins.
    Demons weild thunder is -30% then 35% from demons elemental seal thats 65%, cleric wins next?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you have to rely on apothecary to come out in front of a classes abilities then... go buy some apoth noob.

Demons weild thunder is -30% then 35% from demons elemental seal thats 65%, cleric wins next?

You are all talk, please do us a favor and stop thisb:shocked
    b:dirty
  • Shano - Lost City
    Shano - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    again.. mage without buff = cleric with buff
    and the only way cleric better than mage is that they have phys atks that's all
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    pretty sure all classes use it, and i'm also sure the wizard still out damages without it.

still doesn't out damage. and at 99, i'm pretty damn sure a wizard will a helluva lot more than a cleric could possibly dream of.
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Mystic you are rather annoying. Stop living in a dream world that clerics out dps wizards. Get to endgame where everyone has decent channel gear and you will see. For now quit talking and mainly basing your arguments on the skills database. A lot of the skills you mentioned arenear impossible to get since the lvlcap is 105 and some books have to be farmed in fb109. Skills are rather hard to get demon/sage version. Not handed to you once you reach that lvl.
    edited April 2009
    You are all talk, please do us a favor and stop thisb:shocked

lol Nelae you do not understand how to play your class so I suggest you go and learn.

You accept clerics as support class good go and heal that level 20 killing qinfu.

Believe me I am not all talk, the simple fact that in order to compare a wizard to a cleric, You must add apothecary aswell as having the wizard being buffed by a cleric in order to compare this does not impress me nor does it make you look good.

You can go have your little crys to your pops about the cleric that thinks he can out DD a wizard at some point, then ask yourself.. "why.. god why did I take this thread so personally" and then Nelae you can ask your self one more question "why .. do I absolutely suck" and your answer will be because not only have you sold yourself as a cheap support cleric you are refuse to see the potential of a cleric.

I don't need people to tell me what can and cannot be done.

I will see you end game.
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Actually, barbs can get some insane spike damage.

RAWR astoru b:laugh Clerics and wizzys and bm team pwnz cant beat the aoe stuns and damage
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BTW people mystic is one of the hardest clerics i ever faught in my life and this thread dose not offend me cuz as a wizard i kno we suck untill end game
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
    edited April 2009
    n jammmy the only wizard I ever dueled that hasnt made himself look bad. should be happy there atleast a few good wizzys out there
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    ya i duel wizards all tha time cos' it makes me out damage them ez

kool
  • Featal - Heavens Tear
    Featal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would say.. it depends on the cleric or wizard and what exactly they are up against.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @Mysticlifex
    If Clerics were outdamaging Wizards then Wizards shouldn't exist at all, live with it. I once saw a screenshot of a 9x wizard crit with blade tempest on like 5 people one hitting them with like 14k or more dmg - made me drool b:dirty
    Also in duels everyone knows that Wizards suck big time so don't make compares because you beat a Wizard in a Duel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i think wellspring is also 15 seconds if not 30 seconds
    i read it in some post if i find it i post back here

*its 15 seconds
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited April 2009
    ya i duel wizards all tha time cos' it makes me out damage them ez

kool

u just outdamage em with temopest or u kill em with plume shot cos its phisical, they have insane magic poower.

for the last time people, do ur damn character as it sutes u best, and stop carying about whos a better dd, cos if u do a bad wizz a cleric could easily out damage it and viceversa, it depends on how good u r on makinng a char .

so pls stop the gne gne gne .(full stop)
    edited April 2009
    @Mysticlifex
    If Clerics were outdamaging Wizards then Wizards shouldn't exist at all, live with it. I once saw a screenshot of a 9x wizard crit with blade tempest on like 5 people one hitting them with like 14k or more dmg - made me drool b:dirty
    Also in duels everyone knows that Wizards suck big time so don't make compares because you beat a Wizard in a Duel.

and yes exactly, this game is balanced, i or u beat wizz at duel, but they beat BM at duel easier than i do, (untill last week when i didnt have stunn or sleep ).
    but anyway who cares, u cant say i`m better than wizzards cos i beat him in duel (and its a cleric 4 life that tells u that ).
    edited April 2009
    Wizards do not suck in duels if you beat a good wizard then it's a good thing.

Spark > Force of will > sutra > SS > Nix

that owns clerics, BMs, venos name it.
    only reason I beat wizards is because of my heals.

Untill I cane prove it i'll just put on a happy face and whisper to my self "atleast we're more versatile" lols
  • Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear
    Falfromgrace - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    and also to clear things up that percentage buffs and debuffs do not "stack" by the normal rules of mathematics, thus +60% magic shell and -60% undine strike does not result in 0% mdef increase (the result is actually lower then the base mag), thus stacking buffs and debuffs can turn the math a bit problematic against the raw results...

All in all, cleric shoots faster, wizard shoots better, everything else falls in between ...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Wizards do not suck in duels if you beat a good wizard then it's a good thing.

Spark > Force of will > sutra > SS > Nix

Yeah nice combo.... unless he gets slept/stunned/one hit by a razor/crit by an archer/phoenix reaches him etc.
    It's a fact that they do suck in duels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Force of will casts faster than sleep, roar of pride or any stun for the fact.
    The barb stun might be faster then it's Distance shrink > Force of will because barbs/BMs stun in close radius
    Even with a veno that has a nix, the knockback effect on the blazing pheonix works so,

Spark > Force of will > Nix (knock back pheonix) > SS > then maybe gush.

I'm pure INT and so is Jammmy I cannot 1 shot him with Razor.
    even if I do sleep jammmy after 1 attack he wakes up and does Force of will > Sutra > SS> nix

Maybe you never dueled a good wizard perhaps?
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They do, but dunno. Just with my experience, clerics seem to outdamage mages in the lower levels. Don't ask why cause I don't know.

Are you saying this from fighting mages personally, or just observing. In fighting, mages have a disadvantage against clerics because mages have low pdef and Plume Shot deals physical damage. Mages get their physical damage spell, Blade Tempest, at level 59. It also deals fire damage.
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
This discussion has been closed.