• AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    should be more specific limitations to pets
    and the mage one needs to do epic dmg to balance it abit
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    It's been mentioned already that the skills shown are examples and not the full array of available skills.
  • Leprechaundh - Sanctuary
    Leprechaundh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Well, there better be physical dmg atks. Oh, and I'm glad they actually tried to get our imput before releasing a genie system that sucks so wwe can help it not suck before it's even implimented.
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey Xarfox

Do you have info if and when they will introduce the refining transfer stones?

Thx b:thanks
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    Thraxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hey Xarfox

Do you have info if and when they will introduce the refining transfer stones?

Thx b:thanks

ok i kno this is off topic but wth is that?
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ok i kno this is off topic but wth is that?

Refining Transfer stone lets you transfer the refine value (+) of one weapon to a weapon of the same grade or lower. Aka transfering +12 from a molder crossbow lvl 98 (grade 13) to HH99 gold crossbow (grade 13).
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here's a link on refining. Very detailed and with pics.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/refining

Refining transfer is exactly that: you take a refined item and transfer its refinage to an unrefined item. The donor item then becomes "plain", or unrefined, and the receiving item is refined to the level of donor.
    That way you don't have to go broke buying those Dragon Orbs every time you switch to new equipment (especially if you refined to +5 or +6, which ppl do on weapons quite often).

Unfortunately, this feature has not been enabled on PWI yet. There are NPC's that will do this (the boutique ladies by the bankers, i think, and that Shrunchkin Warrior npc by Crazy Stone lady). However, the process requires Chienkun stones, which are not available yet.

I think that eventually they may be added to Boutique Store, to the Refining section.

So that's my question to GM's: if and when we'll get the Chienkun stones available in the game.b:thanks
  • Oz - Lost City
    Oz - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Any more screenshots of planned Genies available from GMs?

TEASE US!!!

b:laugh
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if only venos could deal wood damage and now everyone can???

I know you were just saying "for example", but of course, all classes can already deal any kind of damage.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    nini09 wrote: »
    don't know if this is someone's creation or real, but here it is:
    3352276258_f1836b2210_o.jpg

Hah! I LIKE IT! b:chuckle But hey... GIMME THAT FASHION!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary
    XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Nice...Ib:pleasedb:pleased always wanted my panther to kick some ****
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Refining Transfer stone lets you transfer the refine value (+) of one weapon to a weapon of the same grade or lower. Aka transfering +12 from a molder crossbow lvl 98 (grade 13) to HH99 gold crossbow (grade 13).
    Here's a link on refining. Very detailed and with pics.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/refining

Refining transfer is exactly that: you take a refined item and transfer its refinage to an unrefined item. The donor item then becomes "plain", or unrefined, and the receiving item is refined to the level of donor.
    That way you don't have to go broke buying those Dragon Orbs every time you switch to new equipment (especially if you refined to +5 or +6, which ppl do on weapons quite often).

Unfortunately, this feature has not been enabled on PWI yet. There are NPC's that will do this (the boutique ladies by the bankers, i think, and that Shrunchkin Warrior npc by Crazy Stone lady). However, the process requires Chienkun stones, which are not available yet.

I think that eventually they may be added to Boutique Store, to the Refining section.

So that's my question to GM's: if and when we'll get the Chienkun stones available in the game.b:thanks

lol thank you :D i musta sounded like a noob but oh well you gotta learn these things somewhere... i look forward to seeing these stones now b:thanks
    My alarm tried to wake me this morning,Things escalated and now my alarms broken and im awake. . . Not quite sure who won . . . .
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    so after they implement these pets and venos still beat you.. will we still see complain posts about venos or will it be about the new pets and how they cant make you invincible?
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Thraxx - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    so after they implement these pets and venos still beat you.. will we still see complain posts about venos or will it be about the new pets and how they cant make you invincible?

lol i bet your on to something wit that 1 too

ppl...venos are not over powered, at lv50ish i was still takin em down when they in their 60/70s...just hit the veno and not the pet or if its a nix...run like hell and find a squishy mage to feel better lol

back to topic....these genies look pretty cool but if they can use armour does that mean the appearance will change with the armour too or will it stay the same?
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol i bet your on to something wit that 1 too

ppl...venos are not over powered, at lv50ish i was still takin em down when they in their 60/70s...just hit the veno and not the pet or if its a nix...run like hell and find a squishy mage to feel better lol

back to topic....these genies look pretty cool but if they can use armour does that mean the appearance will change with the armour too or will it stay the same?

I bet the appearance will stay the same. The "armor" is just gonna be an item that gives it bonuses (kinda like the bells in ESO). Really I would bet if you look at the pet system in ESO everything is gonna be very similar... but probably not quite as good =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • elmii
    elmii Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    1 question, Can we customize them? b:thanks My archer is male and I really DONT want to have something cute running around him, making him look **** b:shocked
    is it possible to make them look cool rather than cute? something like a mini dragon looking thing or mini panther or something like that? Or if they are fairy type, can we have MALE fairy as well? Otherwise I would feel like 1 gender is being left behind -_-; because from the 2 screenshots that I ve seen they really do look awfully girly - female winged fairy and green small whoknowswhat... Seriously, imagine a barb with small big eyed pink puffy chibi thingy runnning around him - it is just wrong... b:shutup Or just make the gender swap available in the character makeover -_-; or both XD

Please make them more customisable than barbarians' appearance, thanks b:thanks
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This sounds amazing. Everything sounds awesome possum. Thanks GM's for almost implementing this!

If we can know the release date that would be great so I can circle it on my calendar. b:pleased
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Questions for GM's:

How often are these things going to attack for us? I.E as a normal veno pet

Can these pets tank for us..

Tank better then Hercules?

Attk better then phoenix?

I think this idea sucks... GG ruining venos class roll with sum stupid fairies..and why are they all girlie looking? why not a demon looking thing same with wings n stuff..enuff of the fairy stuff
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Questions for GM's:

Tank better then Hercules?

Attk better then phoenix?

I think this idea sucks... GG ruining venos class roll with sum stupid fairies..and why are they all girlie looking? why not a demon looking thing same with wings n stuff..enuff of the fairy stuff

Do you seriously think the GM's are giving out a battle hercules + pheonix = fairy pet to EVERYONE and ALL classes just to kill the venomancer class? How about you read through the threads and get more information before you verbally embarrass yourself and blatantly accuse the GM's of killing the venomancer class, Like killing an overpowered class is even worth their time.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Do you seriously think the GM's are giving out a battle hercules + pheonix = fairy pet to EVERYONE and ALL classes just to kill the venomancer class? How about you read through the threads and get more information before you verbally embarrass yourself and blatantly accuse the GM's of killing the venomancer class, Like killing an overpowered class is even worth their time.

Over powered cuz you picked the weakest class?

Ok there buddy.. Deffinetly they're so over powered thats why Archers can 1 shot them .. thats why BMs can stun lock them and sometimes 1 hit them with proper build n gear.. Ya lets talk bout PvP and whos overpowered .. your just another QQer and I dont wish to read through posts of fake pictures and rumours just to see 1 or 2 GM posts that dont reveal anything .. kk ?
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2009

I don't know how often genies can use skills, but it'll likely to be on par with veno pet skill use or player skill use. o.o

Can they tank? From what we currently know, no. In fact, it seem like they don't have hp like players and veno pets. o.o

Genies are not intended to replace veno pets. They're pets that give players additional skills. They cannot directly attack or tank. o.o

Latest GM post, Has links to other GM posts
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Over powered cuz you picked the weakest class?

Ok there buddy.. Deffinetly they're so over powered thats why Archers can 1 shot them .. thats why BMs can stun lock them and sometimes 1 hit them with proper build n gear.. Ya lets talk bout PvP and whos overpowered .. your just another QQer and I dont wish to read through posts of fake pictures and rumours just to see 1 or 2 GM posts that dont reveal anything .. kk ?

Lol Idc about being weak just saying PVE wise Venomancers are overpowered. Anyways, we should probably stop "flaming" before GM spanks us.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    This sounds amazing. Everything sounds awesome possum. Thanks GM's for almost implementing this!

If we can know the release date that would be great so I can circle it on my calendar. b:pleased

It should be soon. I think they are already implementing bits and pieces of Genie related stuff into the game. I saw the word "Genie" in Chinese when the patch was updating.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    might be worth coming back to PW with these fixes and Lolz at all the angry Venos QQing over there Phoenixes being nerfed... you paid so much and you lost it all serves you right for exploiting Bugs you morons...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    might be worth coming back to PW with these fixes and Lolz at all the angry Venos QQing over there Phoenixes being nerfed... you paid so much and you lost it all serves you right for exploiting Bugs you morons...
    Nix hasn't been nerfed. Your the moron. Oh and just an aside. The skill Flesh Ream is the issue when coupled with a Nix, not the birds themselves. You might try having a clue before you open your mouth and start chewing shoe leather. Oh wait, your a neanderthal. NM I shouldn't expect intelligence from one such as you.

~S
  • heartless888
    heartless888 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    elmii wrote: »
    1 question, Can we customize them? b:thanks My archer is male and I really DONT want to have something cute running around him, making him look **** b:shocked
    is it possible to make them look cool rather than cute? something like a mini dragon looking thing or mini panther or something like that? Or if they are fairy type, can we have MALE fairy as well? Otherwise I would feel like 1 gender is being left behind -_-; because from the 2 screenshots that I ve seen they really do look awfully girly - female winged fairy and green small whoknowswhat... Seriously, imagine a barb with small big eyed pink puffy chibi thingy runnning around him - it is just wrong... b:shutup Or just make the gender swap available in the character makeover -_-; or both XD

Please make them more customisable than barbarians' appearance, thanks b:thanks

first of all, you're a male archer, you already look...you know

second of, you want a fairy male next you your already *** looking char?

sorry to tell you this bud but in this game, you have to play a female char, anything else does look ****...sorry

i agree having a small dragong or panther or whatever is cooler but, playing a male char means you lose either way XD
  • Ctsls - Lost City
    Ctsls - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    first of all, you're a male archer, you already look...you know

second of, you want a fairy male next you your already *** looking char?

sorry to tell you this bud but in this game, you have to play a female char, anything else does look ****...sorry

i agree having a small dragong or panther or whatever is cooler but, playing a male char means you lose either way XD

anyone that takes advise from this moron is most likely a **** monkey
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    anyone that takes advise from this moron is most likely a **** monkey

I have to ask...how would you know if a monkey is ****? It already copulates with it's own family members, flings poo at each other and will never teach it's young anything we teach it. So what behavior would a monkey have to exhibit to be ****, and what would you compare it to for claims of retardation?

So in fact if we cannot prove a monkey is **** or not, then in fact calling that guy a **** monkey would be just calling him a monkey because the first does not exist.

Monkey talk aside, I can't wait for the new genie system. Once flesh ream is no longer as big of a factor the veno should be fine. The phoenix hits very very fast and hard, but the bleed is what you really can't do anything about. Once you can remove that (hopefully cooldown is not longer then 10-20seconds), we'll see how it all goes. But good stuff with the genie system, keep it up.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have to ask...how would you know if a monkey is ****? It already copulates with it's own family members, flings poo at each other and will never teach it's young anything we teach it. So what behavior would a monkey have to exhibit to be ****, and what would you compare it to for claims of retardation?

So in fact if we cannot prove a monkey is **** or not, then in fact calling that guy a **** monkey would be just calling him a monkey because the first does not exist.

So, the monkeys at the zoo represent the entirety of the primates in the world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Has anyone confirmed if these genies will be stored on your pet bag? or it will have a separate one?
This discussion has been closed.