Elf Quests Levels 1-19 (Beginner)

Comments

• Diospyros - Heavens Tear
    Diospyros - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this is an awesome guid--but it just sucks having to travel in all those different places--i sometimes tend to get lost , lol.

>.<
  • Raysdaded - Heavens Tear
    Raysdaded - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How do u beat the boss at the end. i have tried like 4 times and still cant beat him.

p.s im level 21
  • Fireshot - Sanctuary
    Fireshot - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Okay the leap quest what doe sit do???and how do i get to the top for the chest?
  • Neitchze - Heavens Tear
    Neitchze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this is an awesome guid--but it just sucks having to travel in all those different places--i sometimes tend to get lost , lol.

>.<

To avoid getting lost, remember the coordinate system. It is at the top right of the screen near the minimap. On the left of the map is a screen showing your current coordinates and the name of the area. Below and to the right of the map is a button which allows you to access a helpful little tool. It allows you to place landmarks on the map by entering coordinates. You can even name the coordinates how you wish, such as the location of a rare pet spawn or the location of a high level boss or of a quest giving NPC you want to return to or a shop keeper.

Also, since you are an Elf, remember your wings, they can litterally be a lifesaver. They can fly you over water or hills which you may normally have to walk around. Also, as you start to increase in level, you can invest points in a skill to increase your wings' flight speed, making them far faster than walking. There are also upgraded sets of wings which sometimes are better than fully upgraded initial wings.

Quite useful still, is the ability to remain in flight while attacking some enemies. Say, for instance, that you are fighting Charr, a level 26 elite near Broken Bow Bluff, what you can do is squad up with a tank-type character, such as a Barbarian, or a Venomancer with a tank-type pet, and you can have them take damage from Charr. While at the same time, you are safely aloft, just out of range of Charr's physical attacks, firing arrows or spells at him, or healing/buffing the tank while he is dealing damage.

And finally, one amazing feature of the wings is the ability to run from enemies more effectively. Take flight and keep climbing, enemies can't follow you and will de-aggro and forget about you.
    How do u beat the boss at the end. i have tried like 4 times and still cant beat him.

p.s im level 21

Find a party to do the quest with. Either find some people at your level looking to try to accomplish the same quest, or watch the world chat. More often than not, there are high level characters looking to help low level people with their "Boss" quests. They will generally do the entire quest for you while you sit back and gain Experience points from the monsters. Some of these people will even let you keep all of the drops while only asking for minor things, like certain rare items in return.

It may even be useful, If you have the ability to, to send a message across the world chat asking for a high level player to help you. You'd be surprised at how quickly people respond.

Also, try asking a faction member who is online. I, personally, have found my faction members to be ever-willing to lend a hand, and visa versa. Just remember to be kind to others when you get to a higher level, and assist the lower level members in their quests. They will appreciate it, and your stronger faction members will see this kindness and be more willing to lend a hand to you when in need. I often find myself being asked to fly a female venomancer or female human to an inaccessible plateau for a quest or something.

Okay the leap quest what doe sit do???and how do i get to the top for the chest?

Since this is the Elf 1-19 thread, I'll assume you mean the flight quest in City of the Plume.

The entire city is a tree, essentially. On the trunk of that three, if you fly upwards, you will see jutting platforms along the trunk. If you look for the highest of these platforms, you will see that there is a small, wooden treasure chest, roughly knee high. This chest is only farmable during the quest, so don't bother coming back to try and open it.

Just click on the chest to open it like you would mine a piece of ore or an herb.
  • dbooty
    dbooty Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey i still cant find the carapest tower. think someone can give me some cord. ive been looking around the vibrant cliffs for 2 days now and im getting bored of it
  • wolff92
    wolff92 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    An easy to understand guide, at last.
    I'll reccomend thi to my mates.
  • Neitchze - Heavens Tear
    Neitchze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    dbooty wrote: »
    hey i still cant find the carapest tower. think someone can give me some cord. ive been looking around the vibrant cliffs for 2 days now and im getting bored of it

The enemy, Carapest Terror is on top of the cliffs. Fly up to the top of the cliffs west of City of the Plume and you should be able to find them.
  • thedeathwrath
    thedeathwrath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Collect 1 Celestial Sprite (Quest drop from Carapest Terror, near Scorpion Cave)
    ikilled like 20 how many am i suppots 2 kill or wt?b:angry
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Collect 1 Celestial Sprite (Quest drop from Carapest Terror, near Scorpion Cave)
    $20 says you already have it. My friend had the same issue. I kept telling her, "Look at your quest log," and she said she had the tracker up and it still said 0/1. I said PLEASE, listen to me, CHECK your quest log!

Turns out she had it the whole time, and I bet you do too. Look at your quest log, if it tells you that you need to find a Celestial Sprite hidden in a flower, you've already got the one from the monster.
  • thedeathwrath
    thedeathwrath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008

i'll check tommor
  • Stessia - Sanctuary
    Stessia - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ok...i've killed and killed AND killed, a zillion Inquisitive Poisontails...and still, i haven't gotten anything!! (I've been grinding them for like...2hrs+)

b:cry Poo!!
    Pew!! Pew!! <
    sound FXs when i kill *nods* ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Don't put random **** in your mouth". b:chuckle

-- Richor (Sanctuary)

"Barbs are mainly for the monsters to hammer on, so the others don't get killed" b:laugh

-- Anwynd
  • lupinegoddess
    lupinegoddess Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Mongoose King
    1. Speak to Blacksmith Chao San (223, 413)
    -Kill 20 Mongoose King (Located North of Vibrant Cliffs)
    2. Report to Blacksmith Chao San (223, 413)
    Note that the NPC that you report to is not specified in the quest
    -Celestone of Hell/Human or Celestone Fragment: 1 (Random)
    -Reward (Gold: 2300 Exp: 3850 SP: 900 Rep: 2)

I tried this blacksmith, as well as every other blacksmith I could find in the surrounding areas. I understand that you said the NP to report to is not listed in the quest, however, none of the blacksmiths have an option for "Quest Related." Therefore, there can be no reward, as there is no tally being kept.

Any ideas on this?
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've just received this quest yesterday. The blacksmith is located on Village of Brutes, following the path north of Dreaming Stronghold... maybe you have to scroll down the list of options to see "Quest related", on the bottom.
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've just received this quest yesterday. The blacksmith is located on Village of Brutes, following the path north of Dreaming Stronghold... maybe you have to scroll down the list of options to see "Quest related", on the bottom.

As he said, that's correct. Some of the NPC's have a long enough list that you have to scroll down to see everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noronia - Lost City
    Noronia - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    shao wrote: »
    Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge as you are right new comers will find it confusing at first.
    dosnt theses words look like there blinking?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coldy91
    coldy91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ive got help witht the fb19 quest, but didnt had the mob killing part. human fb i mean,my squad leader and hes friends killed the boss, and the quest ended, lost the card of xenobeast and didnt got the trial weap. what can i do now?
  • budaw
    budaw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    for the Apothecary quest I went to all four of the coordinates and couldn't find any Salvia Root
    have they already been harvested or are the coord's messed up o:
  • PelleTrickz - Heavens Tear
    PelleTrickz - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i really think the lower lvls once will be glad if they just looked at this forum :) so ill say it for them THX ^^
  • onlyjayy
    onlyjayy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Arcane Remedy
    1. Speak to Apothecary Tu (341, 413)
    -Collect 5 Flake Flower (Quest drop from Cruel Wolfling)
    -Collect 5 Green Leaf Herbs (Quest drop from Pollen Scorpions)
    2. Report to Apothecary Tu
    -Celestone of Heaven/ Earth/ Human or Celestone Frgament: 1 (Random reward)
    -Reward (Gold: 150 Exp: 250 SP: 50 Rep: 1)

Can someone please tell me the coordinates where the cruel wolfling and pollen scorpions usually hang out at?
    I spent too much time searching for them but just keep on getting lost
    I'm at the city of Plume of Plume city or something
    plz helpb:surrender
  • Aluarn - Lost City
    Aluarn - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How did u solo FB19, could u tell me how plz?
    I refuse to make a creative signature.
  • Ence - Lost City
    Ence - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    onlyjayy wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me the coordinates where the cruel wolfling and pollen scorpions usually hang out at?
    I spent too much time searching for them but just keep on getting lost
    I'm at the city of Plume of Plume city or something
    plz helpb:surrender

Do you remember when you made you way to City of the Plume from Battlemark Village? (Where you first started) They were there on your way there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalli00
    kalli00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you ever so much
  • Housemd - Lost City
    Housemd - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Nice guide, helped me alot, big thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walkingthepath
    walkingthepath Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am also having trouble with Poisonous Tail. I've killed at least 20 Inquisitive Poisontails, and have received only one tail.

Is it a low drop rate, or what?
  • Meridienn - Sanctuary
    Meridienn - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It is a very low drop rate. I think I killed about 20 to get three updates today. Just have to keep killing them over and over I think.
  • rendik
    rendik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thanks very much for the guide.b:victory
    And just a little question : If you forgot to do some quest at low level,can you complete it at much higher,like 20?
    Ty! b:thanks
  • Sittya - Sanctuary
    Sittya - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this is awesome
    i thought m gonna be lost
    but thanks to r guide and you i found a way
    thanks man b:victory
  • woow
    woow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    hey i was just wandering, are winged elf quests harder/longer then other races? like on my barbarian it took me like a couple mins to finish most quests and winged elves have to fly so far for their quests...it might just be me but it really does seem like humans and untamed have it easier...oh and btw nice guide i really liked it...
  • skitzofrenix1
    skitzofrenix1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    woow wrote: »
    hey i was just wandering, are winged elf quests harder/longer then other races? like on my barbarian it took me like a couple mins to finish most quests and winged elves have to fly so far for their quests...it might just be me but it really does seem like humans and untamed have it easier...oh and btw nice guide i really liked it...

well that is exactly the point, you answered your question already ;)
    because we CAN fly, obviously the quests have a bigger range. as an elf we can go from A to B without any trouble, as other races have to crawl their way through in the beginning. yes, we have to go further but we go in a straight line, were others have to criss-cross around the map. dont worry about the big distances, the rewards make up for it ;)
    about the toughness of the quests, they are very easy.. had no trouble at all.

-> thanks for this awesome guide! took me 2 half days to get to 21 ;)