Options

Comments

• ghost1823
    ghost1823 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    WHEN:
    Soon, very soon. Launch dates have not yet been finalized but you can expect them within 1-2 weeks.

Whats them?

Launch dates or the servers?
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mine?? Yes, I am a forum beginner. Please forgive me moderators. I won't mention 'other games' again. Abit stupid imho, unless of course someone always randomly posts links to other games etc. etc.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ghost1823 wrote: »
    Whats them?

Launch dates or the servers?

LOl, tardhole. b:chuckle
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

• markilian
    markilian Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    when we announce the launch of the 2 new servers we'll certainly place this news in the 'Announcements' section.

Also, when we said the launch is 'soon' we really did mean that. In this case, soon is very soon! b:victory

stay tuned....

This clarifies that they're not going to be announcing the launch dates, they will be announcing the actual launch.
  • Cooki - Heavens Tear
    Cooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol i think i will post the top 50 games right here :P

tardhole :o
    rude!
  • markilian
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you are a forum noob Maciaveli you should also know that double posting is considered bad etiqette at best. I don't remember if its against the rules or not but you can just edit your last post if you want to add something and no one has posted after you.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    markilian wrote: »
    This clarifies that they're not going to be announcing the launch dates, they will be announcing the actual launch.

So, one of my 2 suggestions on what was going on, was correct.

LMAO, was only 2 possible things to what was going to be said. YOU LIKE MY STYLE? Lol, sorry had a beer or 4. b:bye G2g, I'll be back tomorrow just after maintenance(when I wake).

• Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If you are a forum noob Maciaveli you should also know that double posting is considered bad etiqette at best. I don't remember if its against the rules or not but you can just edit your last post if you want to add something and no one has posted after you.

You are a forum noob. Double posting is posting the same post twice.

E.g. Clicking the 'reply' button 2 times. This would make you post the same reply, 2 times.

**EDIT** I did edit one of my posts, and added something. -- I assumed this was a discussion board. I am having a discussion. b:bye .

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The reason why they didn't give a release date early probably was because it's not as quick and easy as you might think to set up and integrate a new server into the current system, let alone two. Once it's all integrated and it's been tested, they can place a release date, which needs to be included in the following patch. Software related projects and such alike very often takes at least twice as long as your first prediction and thus they don't want to disappoint us by constantly postponing the release again and again.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The reason why they didn't give a release date early is because it's not as quick and easy as you might think to set up and integrate a new server into the system, let alone two. Once it's all integrated and it's been tested, they can place a release date, which needs to be included in the following patch. Software related projects and such alike very often takes at least twice as long as your first prediction and thus they don't want to disappoint us by constantly postponing the release again and again.

I almost said the same thing. I put it into lamens* terms.

*not sure if that is the correct spelling or saying.

• justachickk
    justachickk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Software related projects and such alike very often takes at least twice as long as your first prediction and thus they don't want to disappoint us by constantly postponing the release again and again.

Disappoint? lol More like they didn't want a riot b:chuckle jk
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ok, to all GM' and Moderators' -- Hope this launch or announcement goes well for you. Cya all tomorrow in-game/on here.

• Boza_cutter - Lost City
    Boza_cutter - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The reason why they didn't give a release date early probably was because it's not as quick and easy as you might think to set up and integrate a new server into the current system, let alone two. Once it's all integrated and it's been tested, they can place a release date, which needs to be included in the following patch. Software related projects and such alike very often takes at least twice as long as your first prediction and thus they don't want to disappoint us by constantly postponing the release again and again.

Uhmmm I disagree, I think they keep the exact time secret so that people would still keep on playing on old servers, so that economy still develops and with it the game. There was a specific post made by GMs in this thread I believe, that players should keep playing and that they will anounce new servers when servers actualy get up.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Uhmmm I disagree, I think they keep the exact time secret so that people would still keep on playing on old servers, so that economy still develops and with it the game. There was a specific post made by GMs in this thread I believe, that players should keep playing and that they will anounce new servers when they actualy get up.

Disagree? With whos' post? And, no. The GM's or Dev's or w.e would be better off making new servers ASAP... People would spend more starting a new character and leveling him/her. People will be spending less knowing they are going to a new server.

• ghost1823
    ghost1823 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Thank you for clearing that up. Wasn't going to troll through 50+ pages to find that one post. b:thanks
    edited March 2009
    Options
    With whom I quoted in my post.

And publisher will make same amount of money with people transferring tonight or in even 2 weeks from now. You tellin' me you will not create a character on new server if it comes in 2 weeks from now? I don't think so. Point is most people 60+ will keep playing on old servers too, if they said 2 weeks ago "New servers launch on march 3rd" you would have 1k people stopping to play, It happened before in other games, it would happen here. That is why they keep launch time secret.

And its not all in fast money, old servers have to keep on going too, or they will loose more then they make on long term. And not all in short term money, what keeps money pooring in, is playable non-screwed up servers.
  • markilian
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You are a forum noob. Double posting is posting the same post twice.

E.g. Clicking the 'reply' button 2 times. This would make you post the same reply, 2 times.

**EDIT** I did edit one of my posts, and added something. -- I assumed this was a discussion board. I am having a discussion. b:bye .

no actually, posting twice in a row is a double post.

Everybody who knows forums knows your type, replying to every single new post. I get it, you're killing time waiting for the new servers, but seriously you don't need to double post just to say something like tardhole.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    no actually, posting twice in a row is a double post.

Everybody who knows forums knows your type, replying to every single new post. I get it, you're killing time waiting for the new servers, but seriously you don't need to double post just to say something like tardhole.

And probably blind since there is clearly edit button, and multi quote button. Wonder where mods are? Warning should be issued.
    I assumed this was a discussion board. I am having a discussion. b:bye .
    Yep it is, but its also not a chat, so you can't post more then once in a row.
    And certanly not a place to start a flame war, and you are doing that very thing.
  • Scalen - Lost City
    Scalen - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when TW will be on Harshlands?
    Adjusted to my time zone , +5 GMT b:chuckle
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks god! thats mean that I can go bcs im gmt -3 two hours aheade of TW times, but still can come, ufff!!

Thx guys I always get confused bcs USA has these PST and EST, instead of just using GMT, just like miles, and pounds, so complicated :P

That's because Americans invented timezones, we just let the British set the international standard. b:victory
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Simple answer to the "Why have they got given a precise date?" talk.

"Never promise the internet anything"
    - a well known game developer

All GMs, Dev's and Moderators on the internet do and should follow this rule.
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • markilian
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tw will be 8pm-11pm gmt-5, so 6am-9am gmt +5
    edited March 2009
    Options
    That's because Americans invented timezones, we just let the British set the international standard. b:victory

Actually the whole idea started by Abraham Osler in England, and Sir Sandford Fleming(who came to Canada from Scotland) played a crucial role in developing a global system for setting time. So actually Europeans created it, you Americans only adopted and altered it.
    b:victory
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually the whole idea started by Abraham Osler in England, and Sir Sandford Fleming(who came to Canada from Scotland) played a crucial role in developing a global system for setting time. So actually Europeans created it, you Americans only adopted and altered it.

Anyone who went to Sir Sandford Fleming College (I did.) would know. FLEMING FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • markilian
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it may be hopefully if we're lucky less than 13 hours now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nubcakelar
    nubcakelar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As a Network Administrator (Job), I have realised when the technician hasn't given a specific date, that means its not ready yet. Still undergoing critical testing.

There isn't that much point to run a server that is going to be shut down shortly after from overload, congestion or hardware malfunction.

I also asume with a new server that will include upgraded hardware and other changes.

In my view, it seems that the Admins gave you the two week speach to help keep the forums in order. But it seems that some people are still jumping on there cattles.

ps: what is up with those smileys? they look like stickers you would give to your kid to throw on a coloring book.
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nubcakelar wrote: »
    ps: what is up with those smileys? they look like stickers you would give to your kid to throw on a coloring book.

I'ts because kids and babbies play this game duh b:kiss
  • zarth
    zarth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Even though most of us are 13+

As for the server, I hope it comes out tonight just as I hope that Obama can pull us out of this recession.
  • Jacim - Heavens Tear
    Jacim - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

Point taken, but I meant as a people not as an individual.b:surrender
    Late-start + Late-bloomer on HT server
    Switching to PvP for fun and the chance to be top50b:victory
    Harshlands class & IGN: Barbarian / Thor
    Please don't take my name? If so I will be forced to gank you for the rest of your time on the server b:laugh
  • nubcakelar
    nubcakelar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Point taken, but I meant as a people not as an individual.b:surrender

I hope he resolve the war. They have been going at it for quite awhile now while I wold play counterstrike with them over the internet.

It was quite interesting, you get conversations like

oh buddy dude man, your country is attack us. ooh wtf. is up with that....? i dunno,.. oh shttt they planted the bomb, u got a kit?.. yea..... flank from the side... aite!
This discussion has been closed.